Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

edit:

HOLY MOLY

the new screenshots of noctis are hottt.

wait is lightning supposed to a bad guy? ending humanity? =/

or did I read it wrong?

Snow.. I don't mind the name, soundds errr "cute" on a guy anyway xD

It's what I'd name a puppy

Little is know about the story behind Final Fantasy XIII thus far, but Square Enix has dropped a few details about the prologue to the story of Final Fantasy XIII, and it's theme of determination, fantasy and futurism.

What we know is that there are two prominent parts of the world in Final Fantasy XIII, Cocoon, and Pulse. Cocoon is a haven from humans, and was created by one of the powerful crystals in the game. Cocoon is permanently air born high in the Clouds. Below Cocoon is Pulse, which is believed to be the entire planet, Square has merely referred to it as what is below Cocoon. Crystals in Final Fantasy XIII are beings themselves, with specific motives and plans, and are far superior to humans, it seems.

Nonetheless, while this specific Crystal (or possibly a couple working together), the one that created and maintains Cocoon, resided in Pulse, it is said that in determining the effect Pulse would have on humans, this Crystal decided what would be the best environment suitable for humans, and thus created Cocoon. It is unclear if humans existed before the creation of Cocoon. Cocoon itself is a highly advanced society in Final Fantasy XIII, still protected and maintained by the Crystal.

Even more broad is that a battle of the gods lies behind Final Fantasy XIII, but nothing more is known about this. In Cocoon, the citizens, and holy government, prosecute anyone in Cocoon who has been, or is believed to be, influenced in any way by the people of pulse, and are banished from Cocoon.

Even more vague, the a Crystal in Pulse, as a symbol of piece, chose the people of Pulse and determined their fate and led the world. Then she was chosen, Lightning, as the enemy of mankind who will destroy the world. This could mean that Cocoon plans to somehow destroy Pulse a la Kefka in FFVI, and Lightning is chosen to stop them, or it could mean something different entirely.

In the beginning of Final Fantasy XIII, all of Pulse is pretty outraged with Cocoon, and they organize an assault against Cocoon, or which Lightning leads. This leads to a quasi-revolution. It's said that Cocoons strengths as a fortress are susceptible to infiltration, which furthermore is frightening to the citizens of Cocoon as this could open up Cocoon to possibly falling from it's place in the sky.

The only other known thing is that the Crystal of Cocoon is influencing others fate as well, and choosing defenders for Cocoon, to compliment it's already established defenses. They are said to be called Rushi, and are out to defend the Crystal of Cocoon, and Cocoon itself, and to take down Lightning.

credits: ffxiii-net

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE!

Here are the brand new trailers for both Final Fantasy 13 and Final Fantasy Versus 13. I'm assuming they were just released yesterday.

Final Fantasy XIII Versus DK∑3713 Trailer

Final Fantasy XIII DK∑3713 Trailer

I'm glad to see new footage from Versus XIII. We've seen most of these in scans already but it's nice to see them moving around and stuff. Haha.

Square Enix is still secretive as ever and still haven't released any actual gameplay footage but I'm not complaining, seeing these are just good too. :)

Guys, can you help me out please?

I bought FFX-2 a while ago but I didn't have the chance to play it yet.

I was wondering if this is related to FFX, meaning that I'm supposed to finish FFX and be able to play FFX-2.

Is it?

--angel

Guys, can you help me out please?

I bought FFX-2 a while ago but I didn't have the chance to play it yet.

I was wondering if this is related to FFX, meaning that I'm supposed to finish FFX and be able to play FFX-2.

Is it?

--angel

Yes, FFX-2 is related to FFX though not in the way you're thinking of. X-2 is the ONLY direct sequel to any Final Fantasy roman numeral based game but it doesn't mean that you HAVE to finish X to be able to play X-2.

In fact, I started out playing X-2 first before X. X-2 is good as a game on it's own as well and is defintely a lot more different than X.

But for the story's sake (and probably for your own enjoyment) it's recommended that you play X and then X-2 cause then you'll understand the story of X-2 just a little bit more. (Y)

^ The problem is that the CD crashes on me when I start a new game.

The screen becomes black for a while.

That's why I was wondering :)

Thank you for helping me ^^

--angel

Guest spikeyheadedjerk

can't wait for FF13 versus [and ff13]. even thoe the main char looks like sasuke =/

heard there was gonna be a demo coming with FF7AC BluRay?

finished: FF7-FFX-2

on hold: 3,4,8,12, FFT, FFTA, FFTA2

wants to play: 6

i liked 7 because of story, game play and characters.

12 because of gameplay and difficult bosses =]

9 had that card game, got me addicted.

8's battle system was too ez for me =/ ,didnt interest me much. willing to play for the story and summons

im not interested in FFXI, mmorpg days are over for me :P

hopefully these 'last two' will be flawless, story, gameplay, customization, replay value ETC ETC ETC

[THERE BETTER BE A FF7 REMAKE! square-enix needs to stop milking FF7 and just make it, they just can't leave us with that tech demo T___T]

Guest NO NAME?

Sweet. Thanks Hieu for the links to the new trailers. Aww... Still no gameplay footage for Versus XIII? The new trailers are still good though :P

Guest hyeminnie

^ i know, right xDD

but i kinda don't like the side view of his head. LOL

makes his hairstyle look funky.

aw man... i'd totally go out and buy a PS3 for this game!

Guest tomster

Noctis looks emo.. I don't like.

Stella looks boyish.. I don't like.

.. Maybe they'll grow on me.

The two other characters that I saw

in each (the blonde and pink haired girls), I like. x)

Guest Fuznut88

Noctis looks emo.. I don't like.

Stella looks boyish.. I don't like.

.. Maybe they'll grow on me.

The two other characters that I saw

in each (the blonde and pink haired girls), I like. x)

Its a trend... I mean the last happy character i can think of is Tidus or Zidane.

Guest ~fantasygurl~

Noctis and Stella is so sexy!

hahaah i knows *drools* i love them both already and wheni watched the trailer it was so sad awww i wanted to cry i hope they get together buti dont even know the storyline gezz...........i want them both to go together! :rolleyes:

Archived