Official Final Fantasy thread

Guest ~fantasygurl~

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nightmare

ff7 remake is impossible because the ppl who did the tech demo are the guys working on FFXIII

Ironically, I've just received the latest issue of EGM (June 2006), and as I was skimming through it, they've confirmed that there is a remake for FFVII on the PS3. I'm not sure if it's true, but that's what they've written and printed out. Click here to look at the scan.

Guest Strawberry Boba Tea

That means I'll have 3 Final Fantasy VIIs lying around in my house with the purchase of the new PS3 version.

:(

Guest TrainDriver

nah, i don't trust the words of EGM. its just not possible when they are working on FFXIII. maybe after XIII they will get time for VII, but so far there hasn't been any announcements and E3 was the announcement of the 3 XIII games.

Guest tomster

in ffadventchildren they had two male characters that looked so feminine and now in ffxiii they make a girl that looks manly?! well, atleast it looks really promising.

Guest etoile

so like i heard there are going to be like 6 diff. FF13s. like. just FF13, Agito, Verses and like three others.

apparantly all 6 (or seven?) are going to have connections with the crystals. im real excited for ff 13; verses, cause the dude is like freaking hot.

anyhoo, i was on adventcihldren.net and there was this interview about how some guy said that he thought ff7 was going to last another ten years ish.. heh. you know what that means, a remake and a sequel?! >0< ...heh, a girl can dream. ^^

There are only 3 versions of FFXIII so far. Unless Squeenix went mad (like they haven't already) and decided to milk FFXIII like FFVII by making 6 versions.

"Everytime someone mentions a PS3 FFVII remake, God kills a kitten."

Guest tifachan

Ah. This means more for our money, eh? :]

I would really like to see the new and advanced remake of Final Fantasy VII-2 as well. ^^

Guest Take Five

considering how bad ffx-2 was, would you all really want to see a ff7-2 made?

nm, i probably know the answer to that already =)

Guest hysteric0312

iono if this will be a repost x_x but here:

from www.ign.com

May 23, 2006 - The June 2006 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly has ignited a bit of a firestorm with a comment made in its PS3 feature section. The buzz-creating quote in particular refers to a PlayStation 3 remake of the classic PSOne RPG, Final Fantasy VII.

"Last year, Square Enix teased everyone with what was called the "FFVII PS3 demo," the article states. "Well, what do you know? This test case was really a sneak peek at a next-gen revival of the PS1 role-playing hit."

Naturally, the Internet has been posting "FF7 REMAKE TEH CONFIRMED!!!" stories ever since. But we wanted to go straight to the source and find out if this was really the case. When asked, this is what Square Enix representatives told IGN directly:

"Since the FINAL FANTASY VII tech demo at E3 2005, there have been a lot of rumors about the presentation hinting at an actual remake. While the June 2006 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly confirms the remake for release in 2007, Square Enix has never stated this.

We have however confirmed that development has begun for Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PlayStation 3. These titles are part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis Project which also includes a mobile game titled FINAL FANTASY Agito XIII."

Does Square Enix's statements mean that the possibility of a Final Fantasy VII remake is zero? To the hopeful, definitely not. But what it does mean is, that as of right now, the Japanese giant has not confirmed or stated that the game is real in any official or documented capacity.

More as it develops, as we're sure we haven't heard the last of this just yet.

ff7-1.jpg

ff7-3.jpg

ff7-2.jpg

aeris.jpg

Archived