[drama 2007] Air City 에어시티

ay_link

Guest puppyiz

YES !?! OH really Rubie..?!

The very same Lee Jung Jae !! W :w00t: W!! Thanx so much for confirming. ;)

Much appreciated for enligtening me (& everyone visiting this thread) more on our much adored Princess JiWoo & Lee Jung Jae . ^_^

Yeah... I most certainly agree with you on the AIR CITY's plot, Rubie.

LJJ & JiWoo this would be definitely be impressive in this upcoming drama ! :rolleyes:

(Guess, I'll just have try and to wait more patiently for the time being :P )

This is just too exciting ... cant wait for more announcements, from you gals again.

:D

Hi puppyiz, good to read your comments. I can't wait for the series to start as well. I hope everything pushes through for the main leads especially. I adore CJW in Beautiful Days and I like the plot which is something dynamic & not the typical romantic type (hopefully). An LJJ... what can I say... he's an all time favourite along with LBH. It's really exciting that he's been strongly recommended/mentioned for the lead role in Air City. Like many others, we can't wait to watch LJJ on the small screen... the last drama he did was in 1998, like... 9 years ago. Though he had been offered various drama leading roles (with very high fee), he had famously turned down and decline all. So, it'll be something to really look forward to if he's indeed going to be in the series.

To answer your question, yes... this is the very same Lee Jung Jae who gave us Il Mare. His latest movie (as he's more into movies, that's why we don't see him in dramas) was of course, Typhoon. I just can't wait to see the chemistry he'll develop with CJW in the upcoming drama if all goes well. One thing for sure, in terms of age and height.. the two could complement each other perfectly and will definitely look gorgeous and very charismatic in formal attire or suits. With plots and storyline written by credible scriptwriters of Joo Mong, All In, etc... we hope that the series will be a hit as well.

Btw, here are two more updates posted at the News thread on CJW, courtesy yeohweping (oops, it's already been posted) and CindyW88. The first update on LJJ was actually translated to English by CindyW88, from the Korean news updates. As the series is scheduled to air only in May, don't think there'll be much updates or pics (yet)... probably not till March or April. Although, the leads seem 90% confirmed, we can't really be sure. Until there's a media conference to introduce the drama + cast, anything can change from now till then. Even when the cast is already confirmed, things can still be adjusted. Let's just hope that everything goes well, ok. :)

Hope we'll see ay_link soon to update the info of the thread, too... the threadmistress is currently busy in the excellent Lovers drama thread. :blush:

Guest puppyiz

I just got this news & thought I'd share with everyone.

(Reposting from JiWoo's thread @ Soompi)

Rubie, yeohweping, ay_link & everyone !!

You gals might want to take a look at this >

:unsure:

Briefly translated based on the Chinese translation by Ping at Beloved Jiwoo Board

Hope there is no mistake em95.gif

Source:

starjiwoo & http://service.joins.com/news_asp/mt_artic...011208522757909

Jiwoo’s return toTV drama might be delayed

1168561292_82640500.jpg

Recently Jiwoo encountered problems related to her return to TV dram “Air City”. Hre belonging company personnel disclosed that, “There are problems of negotiation with the production company, cast and other factors.”

Jiwoo’s close associate also mentioned that, “There was sincere discussion of the script, but not really decided yet.” giving the impression that some other scripts might be considered.

“Air City” is a co-production of MBC and HB entertainment. It is because of this HB’s press information reported that Choi Jiwoo would perform in 'Air city'.

On the other hand, the person related to the HB entertainment expressed their regrets.

star@mtstarnews.com<저작권자 ⓒ 머니투데이 스타뉴스>

Still, I am keeping my fingers (& even my toes !) crossed and I hope every goes well. :sweatingbullets:

News Source Credit : Hyc @ Jiwoo's thread

An update just been posted at the News thread. Translated & shared by CindyW88.

Since there's no actual confirmation on the drama news, on either CJW or LJJ's side, let's just keep an open thought and hope for everything to eventually work out.

------

1/16/07 – Lee Jung Jae (34) is selected to lead the movie “Legend of Flying Dragon (비룡전, 飛龍傳)”. This movie is based on Japanese popular play “The First Class Revolution – Legend of Flying Dragon (초급혁명강좌 비룡전)”, and it will be debuted simultaneously in both Korea and Japan.

LJJ plays the role Sang Soo (상수) who is a simple-minded policeman involved in the violent student movement happened in 1980s. Since LJJ has been selected to lead the MBC drama “Air City”, the production companies of “Legend of Flying Dragon” and “Air City” agree to resolve the conflict of LJJ’s filming schedules. Actress Choi Ji Woo is selected to costar with LJJ in “Air City”. LJJ’s previous movie project was “Typhoon”.

2007011700308_0.jpg

http://spn.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2...7011700382.html

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...701160926501120

http://news.goodday.co.kr/2007/01/16/20070...007262300.shtml

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/cinet/200...10342458470.htm

-------

It sounds interesting, lol, not exactly the storyline though since I have watched shows revolving around airports and etc, but the fact that LJJ will be starring in the drama is enough to motivate me in watching all 60 episodes. Hopefully this won't turn into a big disappointment and LJJ rejects the role. I want to see a press con soon xD As for CJW... er I don't like her, possibly due to the roles she's had in the past. It'd be great if her character in Air City is different than the pitiful cry your eyes out type.

I am just posting the article for update. Looks like this is still not the official announcement from the agency of both the leading actors, we shall wait for further confirmation. em95.gif

Source: starjiwoo

http://211.196.186.117/~starjiwoo/zeroboar...sc&no=40784

Brief translation by Hyc

Choi Jiwoo comeback to TV performance after 3 years interval

Review star on Monday, 22th 17:33 of January, 2007

2007012510485665631_1.jpg

Hanryu star Choi Jiwoo and actor Lee Jun Jae’s performing in drama ‘Air City’ is a certainty.

The special project drama of MBC 'Air city'(Shinarioi Sonhi and production Imuteu) which is scheduled for broadcasting during weekends in around May was finalized. The casting issue caused some confusion earlier on and meanwhile Choi Jiwoo and Lee Jun Jae starring was fixed.

Parties concerned with the drama clarified on the 25th that "The casting of Choi Jiwoo and Lee Jun Jae was fixed in fact" and "As a result, the taking of picture schedule will progress immediately."

Choi Jiwoo will play the role of a manager at an airport corporation who speaks five foreign languages. This is her first return to Korean drama after ‘Stairways To Heaven’3 years ago. Lee Jun Jae came back to acting in drama after his 'White Night 3.98' SBS production, an interval of almost 9 years.

Before this, Lee Jun Jae’s drama appearance was undecided due to the temporarily contract dispute with Phantom. Choi Jiwoo also had some difficulty in making decision.

On the other hand, 'Air City' is a project to celebrate the 6th anniversary of the opening of Inchon National Airport by portraying stories about the airport and navigating staff.

ryan@mtstarnews.com

Real-time public entertainments news dissemination and press information star@mtstarnews.com

Related news article link

http://news.media.daum.net/entertain/broad.../v15503459.html

Here's to a positive take-off & safe landing to Air City

Jan 25, 2007

Incheon Airport Named World's Best

incheon010gl.jpg

Incheon International Airport was named the Best Airport in the World in a 2006 survey by Global Traveler magazine, the airport's operating company announced Wednesday. The monthly travel magazine surveyed 14,000 readers worldwide from February to August on the best airports, airlines and hotels. Singapore's Changi Airport came in second place, followed by Heathrow Airport in London, Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam and Hong Kong International Airport in Chek Lap Kok. No U.S. airports made the top 10. Japanese airports Narita International and Nagoya Airport ranked seventh and eighth, respectively.

Source: englishnews@chosun.com & tour2korea.com

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0701250025.html

http://news.media.daum.net/entertain/broad.../v15504381.html

2007. 1.25

Briefly translated by Hyc based on the Chinese text by cindycho@bhjwlove.com

20070125114527.485.0.jpg

The appearance of Choi Jiwoo and Lee Jun Jae is considered highly probable. But the contract is still not finalized yet due to some details of filming.

On the 25th, OSEN reporter had a telephone call with the production crew. According to the personnel, Lee Jun Jae would be busy filming a new movie immediately after the drama performance. As for Choi Jiwoo side, it seems that she would not be able to do filming after July. And the period for doing the drama has to be stated in the contract.

He also related that most probably the final contract would be fixed at the beginning of next week.

hellow0827@osen.co.kr

Guest fivemagic

Great news, hyc, thanks for all the information..............I hope they would finalized all this and make it happen for both of them.

Guest yeohweping

200701261016271001_1.jpg

David McInnis is added to the cast of Aircity. He'll be playing someone in charge of the security affairs of Inch'on international airport and the colleague Of Lee Jung Jae.

Lee Jung Jae returning to small screen after 8 years, romancing Choi Ji Woo in the airport

source: http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/j/2007-01-26/15171426975.html

Briefly translated by ylin

Korean renowned actor and actress, Lee Jung Jae and Choi Ji Woo were selected to lead MBC's new drama "Air City".

On 26 January, the production company announced that both of them have started rehearsing the scripts in the afternoon.

This is Choi Ji Woo's first drama after 3 years, her previous drama - "Stairways to Heaven" was produced in 2004. This is also Lee Jung Jae's return to the small screen after 8 years. His last drama was "White Night 3.98” back in 1998.

Lee Jung Jae plays the role of Kim Ji Sung, a national secret agent who has acute observation and calm judgment capability. Despite the strong character, he will not easily fall in love as he had the hurtful experience of separation from a previous romance.

On the other hand, Choi Ji Woo will play the role of a manager of the operation department at Incheon International Airport. She devoted her life to the airport, a person who only cared about her work in the airport. However, her life started to change tremendously after her acquaintance with Kim Ji Sung played by Lee Jung Jae. She felt love for the first time and gradually started to pay attention and have contact with the outside world.

At the end of the first rehearsal, Lee Jung Jae said, "My wish now is to work conscientiously to the production of a good drama. I feel extremely excited whenever I have the thought that I will be meeting the audience soon and I can feel the heavy burden on my shoulder.

It is reported that "Air City", Korean's first drama based on Incheon International Airport, will start filming in early February and will be launched in the first half of the year.

p.s. Starjiwoo has also confirmed the news

http://211.196.186.117/~starjiwoo/zeroboar...asc&no=4891

Yayy!!..finally confirmed news of Lee Jung Jae ..i bet the other actors are so jealous hahaha! just joking..! Hey the guy from 'Typhoon' is in also..how cool if they put in JDG....*sighs* too..SO LOOKING forward to AC now...wow!!

Glad to know that the actors have started rehearsing the scripts. A good start for LJJ and CJW, a drama is indeed waiting to be watched.

Thanks ylin and everyone sharing updates, hope we'll see latest pics of the cast & much more... soon.

* looks like LJJ's character is acting through experience.

Guest gracie102

oh my gosh... oh my gosh.... OH MY GOSH!!!! at last the long wait is over!!!!

SHUCKS!!! this is it!!! i can't wait!!! ih my.... thanks for the very beautiful news....

gosh.... a new drama of our princess.... gosh... this is perfect.....

i jusy can't wait....

gosh.... i'm speechless at the moment.... hehe....

i'm sure AIR CITY will be fantastic, the fact that our princess is in it, it's really going to be extraordinarily beautiful.... right? haha....

CONGRATULATIONS JIWOO OONI!!!

Good Luck Ji Woo onni!!!! i'm sure you'll be busy this year....

so take care and

FIGHTING!!!!

Guest fivemagic

:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: THIS IS GREAT NEWS! Thank you guys for updating............I am so glad that CJW and LJJ has been confirmed for leading roles. I am speechless, I was waiting and crossing my fingers and I am so excited. I can't wait to see it. I would love to see some screen caps and other casts when available...........Thank you!

Guest lollipop

WOW! Nice to know that CJW is doing a TV Show with LJJ - last movie I saw with LJJ was in "TYPHOON" he's a good actor and handsome man in person... :blush:

CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK!

Archived