Park Yoo Hwan 박유환

Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Park Yoohwan discusses his relationship with older brother, JYJ’s Yoochun

On February 8th, JYJ Yoochun’s younger brother, Park Yoohwan, attended the press conference for his debut drama, MBC’s “Shiny Shiny Shining“, and revealed his thoughts on entering the entertainment industry alongside his brother.

Park will be playing the role of a bastard child named ‘Lee Seo Woo’ who comes to live with his half-brother, the owner of an influential publishing company.

When asked how he felt about being compared to his older brother, Yoohwan replied, “I don’t think it’s a bad thing to be compared to my brother. I actually think it’s positive. It’s an honor to be compared to someone who has already reached the top.”

He also revealed that Yoochun could be scary at times, especially when Yoohwan makes a mistake with Korean customs and culture. “Because I lived abroad for so long, I don’t know a lot of Korean etiquette. He gives me a lot of advice regarding that. He wants me to grow on my own, so I’ll be working hard in order to become a dongseng who’s of some help to him.”

Park Yoohwan’s debut drama will begin airing at 8:40 PM KST on February 12th. ¿

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/park-yoohwan-discusses-his-relationship-with-older-brother-jyjs-yoochun

Guest adikkeluangman

JYJ’s Yoochun buys brother Park Yoohwan a car

Rookie actor Park Yoo Hwan recently expressed his gratitude toward his older brother, JYJ’s Yoochun, for giving him a car as a present.

Park Yoo Hwan told Star News on February 15th, “I’ve always really liked cars and had a lot of interest in them. After passing my driver’s test recently, I found a car that I liked and pestered my brother about it; he really ended up buying it for me as a present.”

The car Yoochun bought his brother was a mid-sized sedan. Yoo Hwan explained, “I know that the prices of cars depend on the car options. It wasn’t over $80,000 USD.”

He continued, “I nagged him, saying that I’ll try my best if he buys it for me. It was Christmas at the time, and since it was around the time I was preparing for my debut, he bought it for me as a message of encouragement.”

“When I told him that I wanted to become an actor, hyung became worried and said, “It’s not an easy path to take”. I became worried as well, but in the end I made my decision. Hyung supported me and said that since I’ve already started, he told me to earn myself a good result.”

Yoo Hwan concluded, “I’m really thankful that I received such a big present. I want to work my best and give back to my hyung to avoid disappointing his expectations.”

Park Yoo Hwan is currently acting in the new MBC drama, “Shiny Shiny Shining.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/jyjs-yoochun-buys-brother-park-yoo-hwan-a-car

Park Yoohwan discusses his acting debut & relationship with older brother, JYJ’s Yoochun

p1.jpg

“Hello, I’m rookie actor Park Yoohwan. Please look after me.”

Park Yoohwan was first introduced to the industry as the younger brother of JYJ’s Yoochun, and he recently took his first step away from the title by acting in the drama, “Shiny Shiny Shining.”

“Yesterday, the director said I improved a lot on my acting and praised me. I wasn’t reprimanded that often, but that was my first compliment. I feel great today,” he began.

He plays the role of ‘Han Sun Woo,’ a high school student who now lives with a half-brother 43 years older than him. Because of the secrets surrounding his birth, ‘Han’ is a lonely and secluded character who doesn’t open up easily to others.

Park explained, “I was sweating bullets during my first audition, and I thought I would surely be eliminated because of how awkward I seemed, but they actually said that it was that awkwardness which made me fit with the character. I actually have a bright personality, although I can look a bit shy and reserved on the outside, which I think is what I have in common with my role.”

Unlike other rookie actors, Park wasn’t criticized for any acting deficiencies and fortunately went through a positive debut. Still, he’s able to recognize where he falls short and criticizes himself accordingly. “My pronunciation isn’t that great because I spent most of my time in the U.S. It’s not my tongue or anything, but I do stumble over words because I’m more used to English. It’s something I definitely have to work on, and I am vigilantly reading a lot of the opinions on the message board. Compliments, criticisms, I’m thankful for them all.”

p2.jpg

It’s a well known fact that his inspiration to become an actor was largely due to his older brother. He had never wanted to become a singer, but fell in love with the charms of acting after watching his brother in KBS’s “Sungkyunkwan Scandal“.

Yoohwan revealed, “It’s not like I’m particularly talented in singing, and although I do like it, I’ve never once thought of wanting to become a singer. I’ve been by my hyung’s side and watched him go through all those hardships, so I never thought of debuting in the entertainment industry. Acting, however, was different for me. No matter how hard it was, I assured myself that I could do it. I experienced things I normally couldn’t, and I felt drawn towards the fact that I could live as someone named ‘Han Sun Woo’, not Park Yoohwan.”

p3.jpg

The reporter then asked Yoohwan to share a little about his relationship with his brother. “When I was younger, I thought that all the brothers in the world had a good relationship like us. I think it’s because we both spent time overseas. I wasn’t able to fit in with my peers at school, so I spent a lot of time with my brother.”

He continued, “Soon after, he left for Korea to debut, and being young, I was happy to have the room to myself. A week later, I was sad when I realized that my hyung wouldn’t be coming back. We talked on the phone a lot, and although I don’t cry in front of my parents and friends, I did cry a lot with him. He later told me that he cried to himself after he hung up. I cried with him whenever he cried on TV, and thinking about him now still makes me tear up.”

He revealed that even now, as a 20 year old male, he still looks for his brother’s room when he wakes up from sleep paralysis. Even though he’s made the decision to step into the harsh industry of entertainment, he claimed that it was because of his brother’s support and encouragement that he was able to do so.

p4.jpg

When asked about his future, Park Yoohwan replied, “For now, I’m just thankful for everything. As a rookie, I’ve been given opportunities that shouldn’t have come so easily. I’m working hard to learn a lot from my seniors, and I promise to show how much I’m improving through the 10th, 20th… and beyond, episodes. Someday, I’d like to be recognized as an actor who acts well.”

Source + Photos: TV Report (1) (2)

Shared by: allkpop

Guest adikkeluangman

Park Yoohwan reveals heartwarming family photos

kp8ge.jpg

Rookie actor Park Yoohwan recently unveiled his heartwarming family photos.

On February 22nd, Park Yoo Hwan uploaded the pictures onto his Twitter and wrote, “Busy schedule… I want to see my family.”

In one of the photos, you can see Park Yoohwan smiling happily for the camera with his mother and his older brother, JYJ’s Yoochun. All three family members are dressed in a sophisticated member, with the mother earning especial praise for her elegant black hanbok.

Meanwhile, a different picture displays the brotherly love shared between Yoohwan and Yoochun, as Yoochun is seen draping his arm around Yoohwan’s shoulder.

rhgxj.jpg

Although he’s Yoochun’s brother, Park Yoohwan is steadily gaining approval with his own efforts, thanks to his debut acting stint in MBC’s “Shiny Shiny Shining”.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/park-yoohwan-reveals-heartwarming-family-photos

Guest yeezer

[TRANS] 110223 Park Yoohwan Says, "I Have Prettier Eyebrows Than Park Yoochun"

22133866.jpg

Park Yoohwan (21), who debuted as an actor through the MBC drama 'Shiny Shiny Shining', is known more as 'JYJ Park Yoochun's little brother' than a 'newbie actor'. But a label is nothing but a label. Park Yoohwan is getting ready to escape the fence of his older brother and fly as he said ambitiously, "I will become an actor who acts well."

Park Yoohwan-Park Yoochun brothers, 'SungKyunKwan Scandal'and a fateful encounter

What had Park Yoohwan falling for the charm of acting was his older brother Park Yoochun. Park Yoohwan followed his brother to one of his acting lessons, as Park Yoochun was preparing for his role in KBS 2TV's 'SungKyunKwan Scandal', and the thought crossed his mind, 'Ah! This is it.' But the character who charmed Park Yoohwan the most wasn't Park Yoochun's Lee Seon Joon. It was Song Joong Ki's greasy, alcoholic, pompous, playboy and king of carnal pleasure, Goo Yong Ha. "I thought I could play the role of Goo Yong Ha better than the role of Lee Seon Joon. But all I did was sit in awe because Senior Song Joong Ki is such an amazing actor." When asked if he wants to play the role of a playboy, Park Yoohwan laughed and said, "Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not one in real life."

I'll give JYJ a song for free! But my brother? No!

Park Yoohwan's greed for lyrical and musical composition shone through. One could see it as he said, "When I get the chance later, I want to work on writing music too. When I have the time, I want to help my brother." But when asked 'Would you give JYJ songs for free?', Yoohwan evoked laughter from those around him as he said, "I would give JYJ songs for free but I can't do that for my brother." He has already proved his skills as he participated in the composition of the rap for the song 'Kiss the baby sky'. "It was a great honor to have my lyrics sung in a song. It made me feel great knowing that my lyrics had gone into the song without a single word being changed. I was more thankful because people around me complimented me."

1338660.jpg

"I have prettier eyebrows than my brother"

We asked Park Yoohwan what his best feature is. As soon as the question was asked, he opened and closed his mouth like a goldfish and said, "My lips. Don't you just want to kiss them?" Following this, we asked him what feature of his he thought was better than his brother's and he pointed at his eyebrows. "From when he was little, my brother had really sparse hair on his eyebrows. He used to annoy me by plucking mine out, probably out of envy. Um, that's why I think that my eyebrows are prettier than his. Haha." On the other hand, he admitted that he would never be able to catch up to his brother when it comes to manners and etiquette. "My brother has spent a long time in the entertainment industry, and that's why I think I, who debuted much, much later than he did, have a lot to learn from him. Like how his manners are reflected in every action and word of his. Whenever I see my brother, I think, 'Wow, he's so cool'."

What was your mother's precognitive dream about your birth?

We are curious as to what Park Yoochun and Park Yoohwan's mother's precognitive dreams were to have given birth to such handsome sons. Park Yoohwan said, "That dream? Wait. Let me ask my mom," and took out his phone. After their conversation, Park Yoohwan gave a clear explanation, "She said she dreamed of holding an oyster, shining as bright as jewels, in her embrace near a pond in a cave. But she said oysters usually mean it's going to be a girl." Following this, he also said, "The precognitive dream my mom had of my brother was that she dreamt of holding a banana the size of her arm in her embrace as it hung for a tree. So she thought she was having twins, but it ended up that it meant that she was going to have another son, not twins. If it wasn't for that banana, I might have been born a girl."

Source: [mydaily+Yuaerubi]

Translation credits: jeeelim5@tohosomnia.net

Shared by: tohosomnia.net

Do not remove/add on any credits

• 10 months later...
Guest changminini

He looks just like his brother. :)

It's inspiring that he looks up to his brother and they care for each other even if they're busy. HWATING! <3

• 1 month later...
Guest Animeuver

This thread needs to be updated I guess? :)

For some reason, I came to start liking him because of JYJ's Come On Over DVD, XD. Anyone else there waiting for his official lead debut in the upcoming drama as well? :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Animeuver

Actor Park Yoohwan who was recently cast in the lead role of new channel A drama series, ‘Strongest K-Pop Survival‘ recently took some time to share his thoughts on his acting role and his famous brother.

Yoohwan is the brother of JYJ member Park Yoochun, and he recently went through a heartbreaking experience, having to lay his father to rest. As soon as the funeral was over, without much rest, Yoohwan returned to work. Though his good-natured face looked gaunt, he did not lose the spark in his eye.

“The encouragement from the staff members, fellow actors and actresses were of a big help to me,” he said. “Growing up, I never had a dream. Becoming an actor eventually was my first dream. I know that my father would want me to work as hard as I can to achieve my dreams.”

The actor first made his name known with a smaller role in hit SBS drama ‘Thousand Days’ Promise‘,but this is the first time he has been cast for a lead role in a drama series. In the ‘Strongest K-Pop Survival’ script, Yoohwan plays the role of Woohyun, the leader of idol group M2. M2 switches out members according to popularity, and the episodes reveal the things that occur while new members are constantly being selected for the group.

“There was a lot of pressure, as this is the first time I’m playing a lead role,” he continued. “I was afraid that I would inconvenience others, and I lost sleep trying think of how to display my character. I got a little more comfortable after the first two episodes aired.”

His character Woohyun is an intimidating figure in the story. With his fans, he is known as the ‘young prince’ with a charming smile, but to his label juniors, he is the hard to approach, intimidating type.

As the story unfolds, Woohyun opens his heart to Seungyeon, played by actress Go Eun Ah. Seungyeon is a female trainee that disguises herself as a man.

“I know that Woohyun comes off as really cold, but I think he is a rather sad character,” Yoohwan stated. “He worked so hard to get to the top, but he’s in a situation where he could be replaced by a junior any second.”

Park Yoohwan in real life has a rather quiet personality. He is so shy that he has trouble ordering his food at restaurant at times. Having a timid and introverted personality, it was hard to play the role of Woohyun who is completely the opposite, but he says it had it’s appeals as well.

“Coming off as cold, being irritated, lazy, tired, these are all different things,” he said. “Trying to be cold with each emotion was the most difficult part. But as I acted out this character, I saw that I was able to bring out his character from within my timid self, and I was really surprised.”

When asked about his singing and dancing talent, he remarked, “My brother is really talented, so I was sure that I possessed some of those genes as well. But when I tried, I realized that I sure didn’t. I prefer to watch and listen to other people perform.”

His brother Park Yoochun is currently playing a lead role in new SBS drama ‘Rooftop Prince‘. When asked if he had referred to his brother for acting tips, he answered, “More than giving me acting advice, he tells me how I should behave now as a celebrity. I would like other people to see us and say, ‘Those brothers are alright. Those brothers are really brave’.”

Check out a scene where Yoohwan displays his piano playing skills below.

Credits: Allkpop

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys..why this thread is so silent T.Tanyone hello?can someone post more Yoo Hwan photo or somethingIam kinda fallin' for this guy after seeing him on "The strongest Kpop Survival " correct me if Iam wrong kekekek
O btw anyone know that Yoo Hwan can dance?I really curious about itheheheheThanks allHope my Post can Live this thread..Yoo Hwan Hwaiting!!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived