Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Does "freesize" Mean For Clothes?

bcgirl5549bcgirl5549 =__+ say WHAAA?!?VancouverPosts: 391Member
edited July 2008 in beauty & fashion
I know this is a stupid question but i need to know!
I was just wondering. I'm interested in buying clothes from Survey's but i don't have a clue what free size means? does it fit everysize, or does it only fit an XSmall?
·

Replies

• mellybeanmellybean Soompi gave me carpal tunnelPosts: 951Member
    it just means it will probably fit several sizes. that it is baggy. sort of like maternity wear. or something like this:
    http://www.overstock.com/Clothing/Destinat...s=swing%20shirt
    ·
  • regretlessregretless CaliforniaPosts: 2,077Friend of Soompi

IDOL

• appledappleappledapple Posts: 857Member
    I've bought a good amount of clothes from Korea and China now and I can tell you that freesize is pretty meaningless without some measurements to go by. For the most part I would say they are American size small (since sizes tend run large here retail)
    Hi!
    ·
  • 쌀국수쌀국수 Posts: 338Member
    QUOTE (mellybean @ Jul 9 2008, 10:05 AM) »
    it just means it will probably fit several sizes. that it is baggy. sort of like maternity wear. or something like this:
    http://www.overstock.com/Clothing/Destinat...s=swing%20shirt

That's not it, I don't think. It's just a size that fits the average built person. Seeing that this term is used in Asia, the size runs a bit smaller than the average American. American sizes, I'd say it's usually between Small and Medium. There are some freesize clothes I fit in and others that I can't.
    ·
  • miimisunshinemiimisunshine Posts: 1,895Member
    it usually means that it can fit anyone.
    ·
  • kwaniteekwanitee Posts: 307Member
    QUOTE (쌀국수 @ Jul 8 2008, 06:20 PM) »
    That's not it, I don't think. It's just a size that fits the average built person. Seeing that this term is used in Asia, the size runs a bit smaller than the average American. American sizes, I'd say it's usually between Small and Medium. There are some freesize clothes I fit in and others that I can't.

^yea i agree. it really depends with the shirt. or the style//cutting of it. some freesize shirts were made like a size small, or a smaller medium. &from surveys you can probably tell from the pictures they include.

i wear american size m/l &yea, there are some freesize shirts i fit into easily and some that would fit my sister just right &she's a small.
    ·
  • grainsofraingrainsofrain pink`d Las VegasPosts: 2,176Member

IDOL

I wondered, too! But some of the surveys give the measurements in cm and I remembered seeing A&F having both inches+cm size chart so I compared it like that and it came out to be usually a Small size.

My sister bought a freesize top and it was loose, but it looked fine and not baggy.

I have yet to get my first freesize survey item, but I hope it'll fit fine!
    An Eternity of the Underworld
    addicted to: READING (goodreads)
    love bugged | underworld | eternity of eclipse
    ·
  • pepprmintpepprmint Posts: 2,050Member

ROOKIE

it means that itll fit you if you look about the size of the model thats modeling it...
    i got a 'freesize' hoodie once
    and im not FAT, but apparently i had to jam my not-stick-skinny-arms into them 'freesize' sleeves image
    so theyll look good, on a typical thin-petite asian girl image
    ·
  • chocopersianchocopersian So. Cal.Posts: 122Member
    Free size generally mean S-M, but they sometimes fit L too. I ordered some t-shirts from G-Market, and it felt especially tight around the boob area, and I'm normally a S.
    ·
  • xgotzzricexxgotzzricex la la la Posts: 3,367Member
    I thought freesize was one size fits most kind of a thing.
    ·
  • ` ilytoo;` ilytoo; CaliforniaaPosts: 1,405Member
    i think free size is able to fits usually a S and M . Sometimes a L . I have a lot of clothes that are Free size, and they usually fit me fine.
    ·
  • OnesweetypieOnesweetypie SoCalPosts: 2,808Member
    Ugh I bought freesize before and they were big on me :/
    ·
  • livingdeaddolllivingdeaddoll Posts: 452Member

ROOKIE

from my experience, free size tends to be small-med.
    ·
  • ichikawaiiichikawaii ROARR I AM REPTAR! XD outside of this universe!! ^^Posts: 3,554Member
    i got a freesize shirt online XD
    its pretty much a small o_o
    luckily i fit it >_>
    but its not really something i would always wear since i feel self conscious in it XP
    ·
  • <3 Kim<3 Kim ~~~ AustraliaPosts: 7,678Friend of Soompi

IDOL

It usually a small-medium size. I'm a size small and some of them are quite big for me
    Please read the signature rules
    ·
  • xmikixxmikix ?? Posts: 414Member
    freesize is a general size...a lot of my clothes are freesize and i fit into them...or they are a bit baggy etc. Many asians are of similar build (in this case...skinny/slim etc) and thus this is what freesize is for. its about a small-medium

Saves trying on stuff lol
    立立 + 美琪 = <3
    ·