When is a good time to move in with your GF?

Guest missingoutinlife1980

Hey guys. So I have been dating this girl for almost five months. We have been meeting up once a week, due to our busy schedule, but at least make/made efforts to meet as often as we can meet for dinner or other evening activities (movies, playing pool, arcade).

My GF recently bought herself a condo apartment (w/ the help of her parents' $$$ of course!) and plans to move into that unit in about two months, after renovation is complete.

How long in a dating relationship can a person move in with his or her significant other?

I am thinking this is a good move, as this gives me more "exposure" to how my GF reacts and behaves around the clock.

Just meeting up with her for dinner and other activities for couple of hours does not give me a complete picture of how she acts and behaves outside of our date meet-ups.

I'm not sure there is a good time. It's really a matter of being "ready" to have this person see the side of you that you may not show normally. If you and her are ready for that and feel as though this is a good move then go for it. However, keep in mind if you move in permanently it's harder to move out if things take a turn for the worse. My suggestion, if you're just looking to get exposure to your GF, is to first spend the weekends with her maybe twice a month, then if things look ok, do it every weekend. Then gradually build up like that. It'll be easier for both of you

To me it sounds like you don't even need to make that big of a jump. Why don't you just stay over a couple mornings and nights? You could maybe do that on weekend or break if what you really want to do is just see her outside of your dates. To me that sounds perfectly normal and plausible for a mature relationship. But I get the feeling it's too soon for you to move in with her.

Yes, great ideas, fabrication and riti89. I never thought of just spending the night over at her new apartment. Weekenders sound good. Will try that out! Thanx!

There isn't a set time when its best to move in, it's just whenever you both feel comfortable with it. My fiancé moved in after we've been dating for only 3 months, but we're actually great friends for 2-3 yrs before we dated so we felt very comfortable with each other. Like you said, you can't tell how compatible you two really are without living with each other at first.

when you guys are engaged. :D
Haha seriously, that's when my hubby and I officially started living together.We were sorta living together after  about 2 months of relationship.In college, for about 4 years, hubby stayed in my apartment in the weekdays and went home to his on the weekends (his parents picked him up to go home). His apartment was a dorm-like apartment, only 1 tiny room & shared bedroom/kitchen, about $250/mo. Mine was a 1-bedroom. It's quite a waste of money on his side, but we couldn't really live together because of our parents, you know how Asian parents are like.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Takupi

Move in? 2 years in, I would assume.Get to know each other's good and bad sides first.See how much you're willing to accept all their habits and vice versa.

Archived