Why are Hong Kong girls given such a bad rap?

Guest Velstadt

Guest Velstadt

A friend of mine, a Chinese-American but whose family is from Taiwan, tells me never to get seriously involved with Hong Kong girls. He tells me that they...
-only care about money-treat men like property (unlike other Asian women)-they have serious entitlement issues-looks are so important that personality doesn't matter (unless you have ambition)-boss their men around-only will get in bed with you if you give them something first
The reason I ask is because I'm starting to get to know this girl from Hong Kong and she seems pretty cool. But what my friend told me about them is making me hesitant to get to know this girl more seriously. I thought people were supposed to be judged individually, correct?

Guest I_play_with_dolls

You know how there are stereotypes within Asian ethnic groups? It's basically the same thing. Just get to know the girl, stereotypes are called stereotypes for a reason. 

Those stereotypes are generally true. It's simply the social cultures and upbrining which lead them to attain those subtle traits and qualities.

Yes, we should still judge people individually. As you know more and more people from each ethnic, you'll still see a pattern emerge.

One example. Koreans are known for gossipping. We know that all races and ethnicities gossip. But comparing every work environment in a city in America and a city in Korea, the gossipping is stronger in Korea so the stereotype fits better for Koreans. Statistically.

Archived