Looking at someones FB profile and then not find them attractive anymore

Guest neville_longbottom10

There was this girl I liked in class, and I've talked to her for a bit but that's all it got so far. Then I happened to come across her Facebook profile and I saw pictures of her, and I was thinking "Ohhh..", like a glass shattering moment, where I saw the girl from a different angle.
The part that makes me feel bad is after I saw those photos I stopped liking her, and I sort of feel like a monster and very shallow, I just wanted to know whether there are people out there who have been in my position before? I think I'm going to go in the mentality of never visiting any Facebook profiles of people I like cause it always ruins the image I have of the girl. 

Guest motherducker

Oh, you mean like when you meet a really nice guy who you're actually attracted to but then you go home and curiously do a search on him only to find that he's affiliated with the "big booty chasers for furries and bronies" group on facebook. Yeah, totally know what you mean.

I'm totally kidding.

But what do you mean you saw her in a different angle? Was it some of facebook groups she's part of that turned you off? The events she goes to? Her posts? A person's online persona could be totally different and inaccurate than how they are IRL. If you mean you literally saw her face at a different camera angle, then maybe she's just not photogenic or using the wrong angles lol.

Guest severus

When it's a white guy and all the pictures are bubble tea, ramen, asian girls, "I JUST LOVE ASIANS", "why are asian girls so cute". RUN FROM THE YELLOW FEVER, HIDE. 

Neville Longbottom and Severus? We need another Harry Potter character.

I know what you mean. There's a girl from college I looked up out of curiosity because I didn't read anything weird from her, but once I saw her page, I thought that if I were one of those people who curl into the fetal position and rock back and forth, I would. Incidentally, she also had "yellow fever".

Usually if I see that a person has way too many pictures of themselves on Facebook, it throws me off.

Also, if their Facebook statuses are terrible, I won't lie, I judge them a bit too.

Though when it comes down to it, that's the way these people CHOOSE to present themselves to the world. If their FB profile is terrible, chances are they're terrible themselves...

Guest cynidoll

Mmmmm I personally am not photogenic at all! I think I look better in person while my selfie game is at -20.I say take a better look at her when you see her again in person. If you can't get the image out of your head, there's hotter fish in the sea.

it wasn't anything related to things she liked or events, it was just when i met her the first time i was like "oh she's pretty", then when I came across her FB profile, it was like "oh thats what she really looks like", and just looking through the photos and it was like the more i went through the photos, the less I found her attractive, and i felt really shallow and awful for being like this and just felt like I had to write something
thanks guys for the replies so far 

Guest Beautiful*Nightmare

Maybe she's just not photogenic.

Plus, isn't it better that she looks better in real life than in the pictures? 

Archived