Wireless charging [for phone]?

Guest nobody knows

Guest nobody knows

Has anyone tried this? Is anyone using this right now?

I've run into an issue with my phone recently where it doesn't charge well, or I need to fiddle with the USB cord for a long time before I hit the right angle and then it charges like 2% on airplane mode, I lose the angle, and it stops charging.
I've had it for a little over a year, so my warranty is over but it's nowhere near time for a new phone yet. It's difficult to leave the house at 6 in the morning on 50% percent and hope it survives until 9pm, and I'm not even that heavy of a user. I alternated between like 4 USB cords [which all perfectly charge my mum's phone, my external battery, etc], charge through my laptop, the school's computer, and the wall and nothing really worked. I thought it was a battery issue, so I bought a new battery it wasn't really charging at first [it kind of is now, but we'll see how it goes .. I have little to no hope left for it] so I can only assume that it's that charging connector dock thing.

I searched online and on that Android forum someone mentioned considering a wireless charger
I searched it up and am intrigued.

The reviews look not bad, the price is pretty decent ..
but is it completely wireless? Do I need to plug it in as I charge or can I precharge it and bring it out and about with me? How much of a charge would it hold, and my case is really thick [because I'm prone to accidents], but hollow .. would a little distance throw the connection off?

Does anyone have experience with this thing, and what brand would you recommend?

I use a Samsung Galaxy S3, if that's any difference
Thank you !

So far there is inductive charging.
Requires it to be put on a charging pad and have a case put on your to make it work.
Making it so you cant use another case which is the down side.
Samsung has its own charging pad called Samsung Galaxy Mini Wireless Charging Pad.
In the future they hope to implement it in the base model without needing the Qi certified case to charge.

Guest nobody knows

the reviews so far look really iffy, plus there seems to have been a lot of issues with samsung's charging [ie. providing terrible charger when you first buy the phone, lots of people complaining about the phone not charging because of faulty connection dock, etc] so I really don't know how well I trust samsung's charge things anymore ugh

what I was looking at was:
http://www.amazon.com/DigiYes-Wireless-Charger-Charging-Receiver/dp/B00DYOL2RY/ref=sr_1_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1413591259&sr=1-2&keywords=wireless+charger+samsung+s3#customerReviews
which actually has a lot of good reviews

so a quick update on my phone now ..
it's pretty pathetic
the first night i was able to charge to 100% when I briefly woke at 7am and checked the time, but when I woke for class at 8, it was at 90% womp
yesterday I woke at 5 and it was at 80%, then woke at up 6 for internship, it was still at 80%, or like low 80s, 81~2%, something like that
last night I plugged my phone in at 12am and today I woke at 8 to see it at 70%

I usually sleep around the same time, or plug my phone in once I get home so it definitely has enough time to fully charge. When I'm working on assignments, I plug my phone into the computer for extra power but it doesn't really charge much [2~3%] in the 3+ hours that i'm working. I feel like the battery drains quickly, but I think it's because it's not at full power in the morning and I'm not really charging throughout the day, which I did before, so maybe it's the same

+in order to charge it must be on airplane mode, lowest brightness setting, no apps running in the background, otherwise it charges slowly or the apps/connection drain the battery quicker than it can charge

it's at least charging now, but I'm going to assume I'll need to buy one of these wireless chargers eventually :/ what a sad phone life

Wow that's some battery problem.
If it is still under warranty I'd send it to get fixed. If is still isn't working they would replace your phone free of charge.
Smartphones usually take 2-3 hours to charge normally from a power outlet. Double the time with a computer.

That is only the receiver that you linked it needs a charging pad.

For the charger I recommend
http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower%C2%AE-Qi-Enabled-Wireless-External-Incredible/dp/B00HYAZMU2/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1413648359&sr=1-1&keywords=ravpower+2+in+1
This model can be used as a power bank for when you run low on battery.

The company also does a charging module.
http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower%C2%AE-Wireless-Charger-Charging-Receiver/dp/B00HR0TY3U/ref=sr_1_5?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1413648359&sr=1-5&keywords=ravpower+2+in+1

Guest nobody knows

oh hhhhh ..... I really like that it's also a powerbank ... but I don't really like the price LOL huhu T___T
I'm pretty sure the warranty on my phone ran out, though I do need to contact the place I got the battery this weekend

disappointing experience for my first smartphone hahahaha
I wonder if I should get like an HTC or something next time :/ I didn't have that great of an experience with apple either, or I just have the magic touch

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kichul1106

nobody knows

said: oh hhhhh ..... I really like that it's also a powerbank ... but I don't really like the price LOL huhu T___T

I'm pretty sure the warranty on my phone ran out, though I do need to contact the place I got the battery this weekend

disappointing experience for my first smartphone hahahaha

I wonder if I should get like an HTC or something next time :/ I didn't have that great of an experience with apple either, or I just have the magic touch

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nobody knows

^ I already own a powerbank, which doesn't help because it's the dock connector on my phone that doesn't work, so the power just doesn't go in

I ended up just buying a random one on ebay ~
13$ for the charger and the pad you stick on the battery
it works quite well, charges relatively quickly ~
 I've gotten quite a few questions from classmates and a lot of looks from other people in the computer lab at school

my only complaint is that the wireless isn't that strong so I need to take my case off [which is thick] for it to work, but whatever ~ so long as I don't need a new phone or take it apart to replace the dock connector

I bought a black/red one which is super cute cos my cord is black with red embellishments and my case is red too hahahahha
although my phone charges up to like 95% and then after that it goes back down until 87% still ... i'm not really sure :s it stays at 87% for a period of time even with use so I'm hoping it's just a weird number issue

so long as it charges I don't really care anymore at this point ><

Archived