What does it mean when a guy says this....

Guest totes

Guest totes

Do you want to hang out sometime?(not a date or anything like that.)Does he think I like him, and is trying to push me away?Does he like me and not want me to think that he does?Does he not want me to be scared to hang out with him?I have no idea. We've been talking for a month now, he is a really sweet and funny guy. I like him, sometimes I think he likes me other times I dont think he does. We started talking because a mutual friend told me that he told her that he was interested in me. I try not to read into things too much, but this confused me.

Guest ikweli

totes said:  Do you want to hang out sometime?(not a date or anything like that.)

Does he think I like him, and is trying to push me away?Does he like me and not want me to think that he does?Does he not want me to be scared to hang out with him?I have no idea. We've been talking for a month now, he is a really sweet and funny guy. I like him, sometimes I think he likes me other times I dont think he does. We started talking because a mutual friend told me that he told her that he was interested in me. I try not to read into things too much, but this confused me.

Guest dolcedor.

He wants to spend time with you in a one-on-one setting but he doesn't want to use the word "date" because it comes with a bit of pressure and certain expectations. This should tell you what you need to know:

We started talking because a mutual friend told me that he told her that he was interested in me.

Guest nana544

totes said:  Do you want to hang out sometime?(not a date or anything like that.)Does he think I like him, and is trying to push me away?Does he like me and not want me to think that he does?Does he not want me to be scared to hang out with him?I have no idea. We've been talking for a month now, he is a really sweet and funny guy. I like him, sometimes I think he likes me other times I dont think he does. We started talking because a mutual friend told me that he told her that he was interested in me. I try not to read into things too much, but this confused me.

Guest Mentor

totes said:  Do you want to hang out sometime?(not a date or anything like that.)Does he think I like him, and is trying to push me away?Does he like me and not want me to think that he does?Does he not want me to be scared to hang out with him?I have no idea. We've been talking for a month now, he is a really sweet and funny guy. I like him, sometimes I think he likes me other times I dont think he does. We started talking because a mutual friend told me that he told her that he was interested in me. I try not to read into things too much, but this confused me.

No one here is going to be able to give you a solid answer on what he meant any better than you can. But, that's okay. Don't stress it. Regardless of which he meant in that particular moment, if he's assertive enough to ask you to hang out, I'm sure he'll have no problem asking you out on a proper date if he feels that he wants to.

It's normal for people to worry about missed opportunities from not voicing how they feel in fear of the other not reciprocating, but he seems assertive enough for that not to be an issue here. If he likes you, you'll know. Just enjoy the hang out.

Guest HERMIT

Just go hang out with him and you'll get a better gauge of what he's all about from there.

If there's anything that's definitive, he likes you enough to want to hang out with you. Nothing more, nothing less.
If you're interested in him, then hang with him and explore the situation from there.
If you're not interested in him, then simply and politely decline.

Life doesn't always provide you with quick and easy answers.  A lot of times you have to do the legwork and figure it out for yourself.
But know this, sitting there being wishy washy to the point of inaction is almost as good as doing nothing and never finding out.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived