Kim Hyun Joong 김현중/金賢重/ キム・ヒョンジュン

Guest coreana

Guest nadzyvy

[K-Pop Battle] Kim Hyun Joong vs. Hyuna

2012-06-22 02:06  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Nancy Lee http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/cont.. icon_copy_1.gif  
The 2012 20’s Choice Awards is exactly one week away from today, and we hope you’re as pumped for the big show as we are.

In anticipation of the hottest show of the summer, we found ourselves reminiscing about last year’s performances, which gave rise to this week’s K-Pop Battle contenders Kim Hyun Joong and Hyuna.

Last year, the rain didn’t stop the night’s performers from raising the temperature on stage, but looking back on Kim Hyun Joong’s and Hyuna’s respective performances, who do you think stole the show?

Kim Hyun Joong

Kim Hyun Joong performs Break Down then takes his shirt off. Need we say more?

Just watch the clip.

http://air.tving.com/html/tvingAir/detail.html?id=00140517.DM4.40&type=clip

Hyuna

A little rain didn’t stop Hyuna from kicking off her heels and having fun on stage, grabbing fans’ Attention than keeping it locked with Bubble Pop.

See what we mean in the clips below.

Attention

please watch the video on the above link of enewworld

Bubble Pop

When we say hot, we mean HOT. Don′t forget to cast your vote for your favorite performer in the K-Pop section!of course please vote for KHJ

Kim Hyun Joong Celebrated His Birthday Under the Sea

CJ E&M enewsWorld Stewart Ho http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/cont..   
Though Kim Hyun Joong’s birthday has already passed, he’s indicated he celebrated his special day in a big way.

On June 22, Kim Hyun Joong posted a picture on his Weibo with the caption, ‘On my birthday…”

The picture revealed Kim Hyun Joong underwater and in full scuba gear enjoying his birthday under the sea.

44392939.jpg

Kim Hyun Joong turned 26 on June 6.

Photo credit: Kim Hyun Joong’s Weibo

Kim Hyun Joong on U-Weekly Issue 341

Credit : 501wangja

Eng Trans : kelemena

NOTE : repost with full credit!

credit uweekly

Kim Hyun Joong Report this post

「U-Weekly」personally visited K-star famous shops, unveiling the mysterious veil of Kpop idol’s shops! 

Jaksal Chicken
Kim Hyun Joong whose popularity explodes in Asia, in order to keep his promise, upon earning 1 hundred million won, opened “Jaksal Chicken” with 3 of his childhood friends.

One of his best buddy Choi Minsu disclosed, Kim Hyun Joong likes to eat fried chicken, so the 4 of them made a promise, whoever succeed first will open a fried chicken shop. Debut from idol group SS501, popularity is inexorable after acting in 「Boys Over Flowers」 in 2009, Kim Hyun Joong finally became the first to realize the promise.

According to Kim Hyun Joong, initially when the fried chicken business started, as it received much attention from fans and netizens, they received a lot of prank calls, “Kim Hyun Joong” this name eventually did not aid in making profits, and even got scolded by his partners.

Although Kim Hyun Joong only drop by to “supervise” the business occasionally before the shop closes, but the other 3 friends personally oversee planning of menu, choosing ingredients to serving customers, not just ‘boss-in-name’. Besides, different from other stars who loved to open their shops in high-class districts like Gangnam, Apgujeong, Shinsadong etc, Kim Hyun Joong’s fried chicken shop is located at outskirt of eastern part of Seoul at Seokchon-dong. The renovation in the shop is normal, if you can’t read the Korean words on the signboard, can identify the shop by the big headshot of Kim Hyun Joong on the signboard.

Other than original flavor fried chicken, they also came up with spicy flavor and peanut sauce fried chicken. Basically, the fried chicken is crispy on the outside and tender inside, most important of all it doesn’t have the foul oil taste like the oil has been recycled for many times, as for the new flavors it just have to depend on individual likings.

Recommendation: Jaksal original flavor fried chicken, peanut sauce fried chicken
Taste: 3 stars
Price: 14000won~16000won (est. S$16~S$18)
Ambience: 2 stars

Guest nadzyvy

[Notice] Information regarding the release

of Kim Hyun Joong’s upcoming album

So many unconfirmed rumors, news and information spreading around lately.

Even though it is good to share, and it is also natural that we want to know

as many information of Kim Hyun Joong’s upcoming activities as soon as we can,

please be careful of spreading any information that may possibly cause a stir among the fans

or unnecessary speculations. 

Here is Keyeast’s notice with regards to the many information flying about.

I should also take this chance to let everyone know that Keyeast do monitor

what we fans are doing on various SNS sites. As such, they are able to see every single information

we tweet about, as well as the enquiries, questions and confusion that the general fans are having at the moment.

Let’s try to portray a good fandom culture^^ 

=================

screen-shot-2012-06-23-at-12-15-44-am.pn

Source: Keyeast
Translator: Wonderrrgirl 

Hello, this is Keyeast.

Due to the many questions raised about the release of Kim Hyun Joong’s album in Korea,

we will now post a notice with regards to this issue.

Other than [HEAT], the Japanese album that will be released on 4th July,

there are currently no plans of Kim Hyun Joong releasing an album in Korea.

With regards to matters related to Naver Japan, we have already requested for the

management company in Japan to handle the matters swiftly.

Due to some unavoidable circumstances and problems for the activities in Japan,

we are in the midst of carrying out additional discussions with the Japanese management company

to clarify matters, so as to prevent causing confusion for the fans.

Lastly, we have a request for the fans of Kim Hyun Joong.

Please beware of unconfirmed news that has been spreading on various social networking sites,

especially those in which no official notice has been released to confirm it.

We will be releasing information and news of Kim Hyun Joong’s schedules as swiftly as we can once it has been confirmed.

Before any official notice has been released, we would like to request for the fans to refrain from spreading any

unconfirmed news as well.

Thank you very much.

Keyeast

f6cd630b7c4a7e4e853f44aff4f51dcf?s=50&d=

KIM HYUN JOONG … @ MNET 20′S CHOICE

by LazerKim

340039980.jpg?w=600&h=667

By: LazerKim          Being a fan of Kim Hyun Joong, I was happy and proud that once again he was nominated at Mnet 20's choice which he was awarded in 2010 as Most Influential Star and we fans of Hyun Joong takes pride by the award, with the belief that Mnet 20's Choice is a prestige organization. Last year 2011 Hyun Joong chose to perform rather than be nominated. And this year Hyun Joong is nominated under the category Global Star.

I would like to address this article to Mnet 20's Choice, just to bring out my sentiments pertaining the ongoing voting polls being conducted by the said organization.

CATEGORY:  GLOBAL STAR

We fans are delighted by Hyun Joong's nomination. However, I couldn't help but wonder as to why was he being nominated at the category Global Star together with the idol groups? There are five nominees, three of which are idol groups namely Super Junior, Girl's Generation, Beast and two soloist Kim Hyun Joong and Jang Geun Suk. Isn't there any other Kpop soloist that can be a contender for Kim Hyun Joong and Jang Geun Suk? I think this category is totally mismatch. I have been writing about this matter since day one in June 7, which I regret for not having address to the concern organization.

Since the name of my idol Kim Hyun Joong is being nominated  and posted in the Mnet chart, I see this competition in this category as Kpop idol groups vs. solo idols or group of artists against soloist artist. What can the fans do but to vote even the competition is mismatched. I wrote several articles pertaining to this Mnet 20's Choice voting polls and motivate other fans to participate in the polls.

I have been hearing rumors that Mnet polls are bogus, and that a lot of cheating transpired in the past polls. I did not believe in it and still thinking Mnet is a prestigious organization. For me, bogus or not, since the name of my idol is in the chart, I can not abandon the fact that Kim Hyun Joong is being nominated and I do vote for him, even I'm convinced that this category is a mismatch.

img_8016.jpg

RULES FOR VOTING

I wrote several articles motivating other fans to participate in this voting polls. As Mnet polls started, one of the rules in voting is to vote for all 17 categories, regardless as to whoever the artists are, otherwise the vote shall not be validated. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the other artist's names or I do not know them at all. Maybe this ruling should only be applicable if the polls is being conducted locally or in S.Korea only, but not in the international voting polls like this one we're having at Mnet!!

Nevertheless, rules are rules that we have to abide, but if this polls will be a gauge or basis for popularity of other artists we barely know, I don't think this polls is not so credible enough, since most of the fans would just pick on any names that they have not heard in their lives but voted anyway, just to abide by the rules because we wanted to vote for our favorite idols!! And I'm one of those fans who merely guess and pick randomly!

img_7999.jpg

LOGGED IN, VOTING, COUNTING

As the voting polls is taking place, there are times I find it hard to log in at Mnet and I have hearing from other fans who experience the same problem. And quite recently I have been experiencing that after I fill in the category boxes and votes to be confirmed, it state "please retry". It would take hours before my vote would finally confirm. But I kept my patience and simply vote everyday.

Every time I vote I make sure to check on the ranking status before and after voting. At first days of voting I just check on Kim Hyun Joong just to check if my vote was validated. Until I discovered that I can actually monitor the movements of the vote by simply refreshing the Mnet page. One time, Hyun Joong was at rank no. 3 with the gap 5,000 from contender no.4 and all of a sudden in just a matter of minutes Hyun Joong just dropped to no.4 rank. This matter had caught my attention and started monitoring the entire process of counting from rank no.1 to rank no. 5 on Global Star category where Kim Hyun Joong is being nominated.

I am a computer illiterate, I'm quite ignorant with this automated on line voting. I voted last year at MAMA and Yahoo Buzz but never had the chance to monitor the ranking and scrutinize. This is the first time for me to do it since I was very surprised by the increasing votes in just a matter of minutes. And so I started observing the ranking. I have notice that once I vote Kim Hyun Joong, he gets the points but other contenders get points too, in fact they even get higher points than Hyun Joong!! It's like voting for all five contenders with inconsistent points depending on the time you vote.

img_7931.jpg

In June 21, Thursday night time at about 9pm, the ranking was Kim Hyun Joong at no.3, Beast at no.4 and Jang Geun Suk at no.5. The gap between Beast and Jang Geun Suk was over 50,000 votes. And in less than 30min. over 50,000 vote was eaten up by no. 5 contender over no.4 and took the rank no.4 for Jang Geun Suk. That time I was at the twitter as one of the fan announced that no.5 was fast tailing up no.4. I observed closer on how much no. 5 scored over no.4. And it's unbelievable how fast it was like 1,000 votes every 30sec or what, but it was less than 30min over 50,000 votes gap had gone.

Honestly I couldn't understand how this scoring goes. If you watch closely all the ranks you would notice how the contenders scores even you don't vote it moves, it changes with different score inconsistenly. You may try observing by simple refreshing the page of current ranking and observe how it moves.

Yesterday's rank status from Hyun Joong no.3, Jang Geun Suk was no.4 Beast was no.5. Kim Hyun Joong at no.3 has a gap of 137,460 votes at 3:17pm from rank no.4.  But this gap dropped to 45,643 at 4:12pm. Meaning 91,817 votes had been eaten up in less than 1 hour?? And during this period there was even an incident that one of the fan voted and she said as she voted Hyun Joong scored 160 votes while Jang Geun Suk scored 4,894 votes!! Many of Hyun Joong fans have been monitoring this polls ever since that incident when he dropped to no.4 in just a matter of minutes.

Another example of my observation is that Super Junior had been sitting at no.1 rank for such a time with a huge gap of hundred thousand. And as I woke up one morning everything just changed as Super Junior dropped to no.2 rank!! Is it that easy to be eaten up by hundreds of thousand votes in just a matter of short time?

tumblr_lo07jrly5n1qzh8w1o1_500.jpg?w=600

I can hardly understand how this scoring goes, but is this how Mnet machine works? I don't think it's the fans doing this since the time is so consistent in increasing the votes. It's like at this hour rank no.1 gets higher score, next hour no.2 gets higher score, next hour no.3 then no.4 and no.5. Every second at this Mnet polls moves none stop and the way I see it number of scores depend on the ranking. And it seems to me this polls will end up in this ranking status.

I would like to clarify that I am a fan of Kim Hyun Joong but I got nothing against his contenders in this category Global Star since I barely know them. My point of questioning here is the system of Mnet. I would like to know how does Mnet count the votes and I would like to know why is it that every time I vote, other contenders scores too and in fact even much higher than the artist I voted for. I checked on other categories and it seems to me it's the same system.

I'm Happy though for those whom I voted randomly that they are taking the top ranks, I picked on those with lower votes and now they are picking up, but believe me, I do not know any of them!! I just voted for them just to abide by the rules set up by Mnet. I don't even know if they are popular or deserving to be at the top rank on other different categories.

For Mnet I really do hope the organization would look into this matter and I would appreciate it very much if the said organization would explain how does this counting works for my better understanding of this system. And another thing, may I appeal to Mnet not to include my idol Kim Hyun Joong in your future polls if this is gonna be the system, since for me Mnet had already lost their credibility after seeing this counting.

The fact that I being a fan, I can not leave my idol's name on your chart, that I have to vote for him no matter what. I have been hearing not so good rumors about Mnet, but I still chose to participate in the polls since my idol is being nominated and vote for him. I think it should have been better if Mnet 20's Choice disregard poll voting in the criteria of judging if this polls is not clean. I sincerely hope Mnet would consider this matter in the future Awards.

img_8249-1.jpg

Oh by the way, it surprises me too that I think S.Korea has lesser votes at only 8% than China which is at 55.3% and Japan was not included among the countries? Just my observation, S.Korea did not even get half of the vote rates, so I would assume the other artists whom I voted randomly are not that popular internationally??

Well, I can only speak for myself, I will continue what I ought to do as a fan of Kim Hyun Joong to continue voting and continue with the fight. I would still encourage other fans to continue voting, this time the more we should not leave Kim Hyun Joong in the hand of Mnet.  I will not leave Kim Hyun Joong in that Mnet polls, win or lose, because for me he is already a winner in my heart.

I would just want to emphasize that I'm aware of the polls movement in every minute. And I would still try to find answers to this counting system that Mnet has. I would like to keep our awareness every time we vote. We have four days left to vote and let's give our best shot for Kim Hyun Joong, we just have to keep him where he is currently rank if we can not bring him up further. We just have to be on guard with our votes and Protect the Prince.

Kim Hyun Joong fans the Aliens are fighters and never quitters. We are fighters and that is what we are! Aliens soldiers, again let's Protect the Prince....

LazerKim here writing

Photo credits as tagged, KHJean14, thanks.

z8.jpg?w=600&h=659

Guest nadzyvy

[Pexer's Article] In Praise Of Our Star Preferences

credit: aprilstarr

Why did fandom developed ? It was to provide support to the chosen one. In fandom we articulated our preferences by expressly making positive statements about our star,our celebrity. We wholeheartedly complimented them in almost all aspects of their public lives (as well as in their private lives if we knew).

We were so very proud of their accomplishments -skills , abilities, awards, new developments in their careers. We applauded their decisions ,we took note of their utterances and points of views.

In praising we let our celebrities know they are appreciated using the much used word loved.We do not only do it in words through blogs and forums, FB, tweets but in many other actions as well.We are counted by attendance in fanmeets,buy their albums and singles, buy their merchandises also called mementoes and souvenirs onsite or through ebay, vote in online polls, participate in auctions to help them support their charity projects, watch their performances or participation in television shows-live or filmed in real time or in delayed telecast many times or as featured in YouTube, we also sent rice flowers and other congratulatory notes. We formalized praising by forming or joining fan’s clubs and associations.

We follow the star, search every online nook and crany for news bits here and there and in print, fly with him and document his movements through videos,fancams, fan acccounts, professionally done photographs, short of being called a stalker. We are not, you say,just curious,but strongly interested and at the end of the continuum plainly addicted.

We create fanarts, open blogs, threads and forums , write articles and fanfiction, make fan videos and upload them in public online sites to share with others of the same preference. Whew! WE have done things we could never have done if not for our current inspiration. We thank the heavens or rather the inventors of all the media technologies that we can get this involved and our distance no longer matters.

Are we better skilled than any investigative agency out there scooping out the latest, still hot news controversial or otherwise? That is, if your heart can take it.

We do whatever it takes to show our true colors according to our abilities and capabilities, sometimes even beyond. Did I hear some people are already trying to grow a money tree ?

Yes,praising our stars is expensive, time consuming and can be a huge emotional investment on our part.

We act like parents, friends , overly zealous guardian. And you know what parents, friends and guardians can do -fiercely defensive and become offensive if need be.

Which one best describes you, some of it or all of the above?

In praising we continously affirmed we were right in placing our stake on the beloved star. In praising we are also restating our loyalty and devotion.

So we give our praises freely,unsolicited,from the heart -we are solidly grounded in the praising department -but is it good all the time ? For someone to only recieve praise and not criticism can not be helpful, too. The star needs feedback on his strong points but also in areas where he needs improvement. Not that we desire him to be the perfect one -why not, you ask,but it will be a pity if he didn’t correct what is correctable and if he could not seek his next level of competence.

How to do it, without earning the ire of the die hards? That is the next tricky question. Perhaps you can tell me how .

Guest DespicableMe

Good gracious alive! I haven't been here in awhile and all I can manage to ask is what has soompi done? I am so lost now. /:) Oops got distracted and forgot to say I LOVE the Trendy photos.

Guest nadzyvy

Article by: Aprilstarr

4-1-300x200.jpg

4328431-300x199.jpg

20110922_stars_africa1-235x300.jpg

Have you ever wondered what happened to Hyun Joong’s things that were famously auctioned ?

-autographed sports pants in Manila during the FS promotion
-attire he wore for the Asian Games where he sang with the Chinese Divas then auctioned during smile concert in Japan
-soccer jersey with Peace Star Cup letterings worn by him sold in Vietnam
-his brown hat during his SS501 days
-his guitar bidded in Korea for the Rainbow project

Though they all belong to the legitimate owners now, I am just bitten by the curiosity bug, but were they worn, used, displayed, and how/ where at all ?

Equally interesting were the auctions themselves as fans try to battle it out with each other. There was a reported bidding where Hyun Joong had to step in as he felt the bidding price was getting too high.

Do you also wonder like me, what winners did to the auctioned autographed lifesized standees in the Philippines, Singapore and Malaysia?

There were also those previously worn/owned by Hyun Joong he freely gave away during his concerts/fanmeetings -like his several pairs of earrings. But a bag signed by him with his personal sketches was also auctioned. Items he lost like cellphones, wallets and other personal belongings made the finders-keepers very happy. Then I remember he has a nice traveller Gucci bag with his KHJ name emblazzoned across it, I don’t see it anymore in his recent travels, will it be auctioned someday?

And an  eatery in Japan he recently paid a visit  still has on its wall his and the other SS501 members’ autographs. I also recall , a picture circulated in the net of a fan’s mini display of some of his performance clothing a few years ago. How were these acquired? His red rubber shoes went also on display some time back garnering attention from fans.

It is no longer a surprise fans want to keep kim Hyun Joong’s personal items or anything associated with him but to pay for it at a very high price in auction?

According to celebrity studies experts there is a thriving memorabilia industry where celebrity preowned possessions specially those associated with significant events command high prices running even into millions of dollars. And it was more than sentimental attachment of fans, but it could be used for its symbolic importance for a campaign drives for charity and other causes. Or the artifacts are seen as being able to command higher price someday -as it is also a form of investment as they become collector’s items. Or some people just  have a lot of disposable income.

The artifacts are a curiosity that attract public attention. They also represent an era so iconic by itself not only the person who used them. These wasn’t lost on museums who collected artifacts or material possessions of important personages or celebrities of many centuries ago. Though the usual connotations of artifacts are that they are associated with people long dead, the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. also collects from entertainment celebrities even from those living and still popular.

Mementos and souvenirs associated with the celebrity are also artifacts like signed posters, pictures , CD’s and DVD’s, photobooks, Tshirts, keychains, pins,concert tickets and the list just go on. Big or small does not matter it’s their values for you, the fan,  that count. How about Hyun Joong’s  half -finished bottle of water will you keep it ?

South Korea is into the memorabilia mode as it will open the 85,400 sq.ft Hallyu Museum at the International Business Complex of the Incheon Airport this second half of 2012. It has been widely acclaimed that the museum will  show visitors the extent of the Hallyu phenomenon and the standing of its performers and stars. As you very well know, Kim Hyun Joong as a second generation Hallyu star has carried the flag to other shores when he perform. What artifact do you think will best showcase Hyun Joong’s contributions?

(Thank you and full credit to my internet sources and owners of photos ; no copyright infringement intended )