What type of skin do you have and what is your current skincare routine?

Guest pinayheart

Guest pinayheart

I have acne prone skin and I have a LOT of recent acne scars on the sides of my face and on my cheeks. On the sides of my face its like a cluster of a hundred acne scars and a few whiteheads and that one type of acne thats red, its disgusting but anyways, my skincare routine now, I've been using the tea tree oil set for blemished skin from the Body Shop, comes with a face wash, toner, lotion, and 15% tea tree oil wish I use at night. I've been using it for a week now and it has improved the overall look of my skin, much better than proactiv so I'm sticking with this hehe.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have combination skin - dry cheeks and oily nose and forehead.

My current skincare routine (in order) is:

1. Lancome Mousse Radiance Clarifying Self-Foaming Cleanser (for normal-combo skin)

2. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

3. Lancome Tonique Radiance Clarifying Exfoliating Toner

4. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with SPF 15

It works pretty well for me ^^

Guest xDollars

I have normal/combo skin. o:

I have a couple acne scars too, but they're going away..slowly.

Skin Care Routine includes ;

- Eucerin Calming Creme Daily Moisturizer (morning) / Olay Night of Olay Firming Creme (night)

- EMC2 Acne Cream for Sensitive Skin (night, only in certain areas)

- EVOO & Philosophy One-step Facial Cleanser (night, to take off makeup)

- Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask (night, usually as a mask once or twice a week)

- Dickinson's Witch Hazel Toner (night)

Dry and Acne-Prone >.<

ROUTINE:

1. Remove my makeup with "grapeseed oil"

2. Wash my face with "floria" (a korean brand face wash)

3. Moisturize with "grapeseed oil"

or

Collagen Essence (by etude house)

that's it! lol :D

Once a week i exfoliate with "Neutrogena Microdermabrasion"

btw, i spot-treat my acne with "Pure Tea tree oil"!! it works AMAAAAZING~!

u should buy it! it comes in a small bottle, around 8 bucks i think?

but very worth it!

my pimple goes away after like 3 days or something...

Guest panda.rider

Skin: Combination to Oily Acne Prone Skin

- I currently lots of dark pigmentation acne scars too :(

Night time Skincare Routine:

1) Clinique Acne Foaming Wash

2) Clinique Clarifying Acne Toner

3) Clinique Pore Refining Serum or The Body Shop Aloe Vera Serum

4) Clinique Acne Clearing Moisturizer

5) Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief or Shiseido Pureness Matifying Moisturizer

6) Mario Badescu Drying Cream for spot treatments on any current zits or pimples

For my Daytime I just skip steps number 5 & 6 and use Clinique's Even Better SPF 20 Moisturizer followed by The Body Shop's Vitamin C Serum

Guest echoism

Skin: normal with oily t-zone. Luckily I've never had acne problem except a few breakouts here and there.

Night: remove makeup with Biore Perfect Oil, cleanse with Etude House Green Tea cleansing foam or Skinfood Peach Sake Emulsion, and use Peach Sake toner if needed. Once or twice a week I exfoliate with Skinfood Black Sugar scrub.

Morning: cleanse with Shiseido Perfect Whip, moisturize with Dove SPF 15 facial lotion (discontinued so I gotta find a replacement when I use mine up ><), and then makeup.

Guest Karina1430287847

I've been blessed with good skin, just get a few pimples here and there usually when I'm on my days -.- 

I would say my skin is actually dry, my only battle is blackheads on my nose :/ (anyone has any suggestions about getting rid of blackheads?)

Since my skin is dry, a daily moisturizer is a MUST.  

My daily moisturizer:

Garnier Moisture Rescue Lightweight uv lotion spf 15 - really good, doesn't clog pores nor does it contains oils so it's great for oily skin too, smells really good and feels light. Cheap too! got it at drugstore for about 5$

Once a week I use St. Ive's Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead control, exfoliates really good so it leaves my skin feeling fresh and smooth. 

So I guess my routine would be:

>Remove makeup (if I used any that day, i usually dont) I use the cheap off-brand version of L'Oreal Eye Makeup Remover

>Wash face with just water or the apricot scrub

>Apply my daily moisturizer 

& I'm good to go. 

*for mornings I would of course just skip the first step before putting on makeup, if i even that day. 

Normal skin, i think.

But a lot of cystic type acne and psoriasis.

In the morning I wash my face with that one Neutrogena with the salisylic acid.

In the shower in the evening I wash my face with the same Neutrogena, Cetaphil, Aloe Vera and Dermarest dandruff shampoo (forehead only).

I have no idea what I'm doing but it doesn't seem to harm my skin, maybe just a tad drier. But I think it helps.

Afterwards, I cover my pimples in benzoyl peroxide and my psoriasis with some thing my doctor gave to me.

Guest Luxirie

I have combo/oily/acne-prone skin.

Morning routine:

-Wash with ProActiv cleanser (if I feel like I need exfoliating) or Naive Peach cream cleanser

-Moisturize with Garnier Moisture-Rescue with SPF15

Evening routine:

-Remove make up with Neutrogena make up remover wipes (blue packaging)

-Wash face with Likas Papaya Soap

-Moisturize with Alba Botanica Sea Plus Renewal Cream (great for the drying winter weather) or Shiseido Night Moisture Recharge (for the less-drying seasons).

Guest Karina1430287847

@9hellokitty: Yes :X those don't seem to work for me, they are super hard to get off and when i do take the strip off, nothing was caught on the strip. :/  I just end up having to squeeze them off myself and use a exfoliating scrub. 

Mine's very simple, I do believe that less is more.

1) wash face with cleanser (currently using one that's from a brand called "naive")

2) toner (Hadalabo hyaluronic toner - moisturizing)

3) moisturizer (NARS aqua gel hydrator)

I exfoliate with brown sugar once or twice a week. Also if I get any acne I just use some OXY. sweatingbullets.gif

I'm really interested in getting a Clarisonic Mia though and incorporating it into the routine...

Since the weather change and my face peel, I'm not even sure what my skin type is anymore. :/ It's been oily, then dry, and for sure normal in this past month.

But right now, my routine consists of

Daytime:

1. Water and face towel
  2. Neutrogena Healthy Skin SPF50
  3. Lots of makeup lol

Nighttime:

1. Neutrogena Makeup Removing Cleanser
  2. Cetaphil Daily Cleanser (with a manual facial brush)
  3. pdc l'poze heat clear gel (idk what it really says, it's all in Japanese. It's $15 for a small pink tube, but you really only need a very small amount. It's for blackheads and pores and it's fairly effective for me. They have other color tubes, but I've only used the pink one @gitanarabiosa this might work for you). I used this weekly/bi-monthly.
  4. Witch hazel toner
I haven't been moisturizing lately at night because I needed my skin to be dry and peel (because of the chemical peel) but I usually use Aveeno's Active Naturals moisturizer which I'm just about done with and switching to argan oil (not necessarily Josie Maran's). If I have a bad spot, I dab on Neutrogena's 2.5% benzoyl peroxide or mix a bit with my moisturizer. I don't do it on a daily basis though.

Does anybody use castile soap? I want to use this in place of Cetaphil because it's cheaper and natural. How is it and do you recommend it?

I'm a combination skin type.

Morning Skin Care Routine:

I use PCA facial wash

PCA clear skin moisturizer and PCA perfecting protection SPF 30.

My night time routine is the same as my morning.

But once a week I exfoliate my face with an enzyme or PCA gentle exfoliant.

And if I feel as if my skin really needs the double exfoliation I usually do an enzyme for 3 min. and do a 20% glycolic for 5 min.

I'm a big fan of PCA as you can already tell. =)

I have clear skin that is Dry/Normal but it gets really dry easily during winter/summer and I also have eczema

Routine in morning:

-Aveeno Daily Moisturizing/ Vaseline Body Lotion (I tend to switched products after awhile)

-Aveeno Mineralblock 30 SPF

Then evening:

-Aveeno Daily Moisturizing/Vaseline Body Lotion

-Mederma (For any acne scars :P)

-Aquaphor/Vaseline Petroleum Jelly (On lips)

-Hydrocortisone 1% (For my eczema)

for anyone who wants bright skin, I suggest milk baths. Sounds weird but it helps alot .__.

Guest xbabysoul

acne prone skin

current skin care routine

morning

wash face with water

the body shop vitamin e cream

night time

laneige muti-cleanser

biore pore unclogging scrub and neutrogena rapid clear scrub - alternate

the body shop tea tree toner

the body shop blemish fade night lotion

the body shop tea tree oil

I have combination skin. My skincare's very simple and I don't do a whole lot.

Morning

- cetaphil

- skinfood's tomato toner

- biotherm's spf moisturizer (if going out)

Night

- Mentholatum Acnes U Oil Free Creamy Wash

- skinfood's tomato toner

- THe Body Shop's Vitamin E night cream

- prescribed acne cream.

i have dry combination skin with frequent breakouts.

my cleanser is a combination of african black soap and blissoma's mild rice cleanser.

my moisturizer is rainwaterbotanicals' Skin Repair Serum For Scars Wrinkles and Acne. i love it. it sinks into my skin and calms everything down. i swear the next morning, i feel like my skin looks so much better.

my spot treatment is raw honey. this also works so extremely well i'm still shocked over it. i put this over any zits or any blemishes that have inflammation. the next day, everything is calmed down.

i have hyper pigmentation from prior breakouts. i recently ordered SkinCeuticals Phyto+ gel to help with that. i'm not sure if it would work though.

i use an enzyme mask for exfoliation. i use Alba Hawaiian Facial Mask, Papaya Enzyme. papaya is supposed to be good for the hyper pigmentation as well.

i try to use product with the least amount of chemicals and more whole ingredients.

I have easily irritable, combination type, acne prone skin with some current scarring along the right side of my jaw. The rest of my face is mostly clear, but when I do get the occasional spot it's usually in the most unflattering place ever—like in between my eyes, right below an eye, or above an eyebrow. Basically anywhere where it's sure to be noticed.

I've recently adopted a sort of bare minimum, all-natural ingredients, 100% animal cruelty-free product regimen. I figure the less chemicals the better.

Current routine:

• wash face with plain bar soap

• moisturize with my daily moisturizer + a few drops of jojoba oil

• tone with witch hazel

Guest pinayheart

acne prone skin

current skin care routine

morning

wash face with water

the body shop vitamin e cream

night time

laneige muti-cleanser

biore pore unclogging scrub and neutrogena rapid clear scrub - alternate

the body shop tea tree toner

the body shop blemish fade night lotion

the body shop tea tree oil

Ah, you use body shop products too!

How's your skin, do you still get a lot of acne? Has the tea tree stuff from the body shop help fade your acne scars? 

Archived