HELP! My earring holes RIPPED ):

Guest Kawaiix3chic

Guest Kawaiix3chic

please help..
My ear is just about to rip. what should i do?

So my earrings were always pierced low.

I got them pierced in August 2009.

So it's been one year and a half.

Then the person who pierced my ears never told me to wait until i could wear dangles.

So i did 2 months in.... :/

And my earhole stretched .

and when i realized about 5 months later, i left them for a bit and they KINDA went back.

but big problem now...

i pretty much ONLY wear danglies. and EVERYDAY. and my earholes went thru a period where they hurt BAD. but i ignored it until it got too bad so i left it alone for a day and went back...

but the other day my friend told me my ear was about to rip.

I didn't believe her.

so then i went home..and she was right. My earrings fall right out now. The earhole was stretched down a lot, and now when i stretch my ear with my fingers i can see that the hole is only being held by like....a strand. barely.

My mom told me to wait it out 4 months and it should recover........

but can it recover in 4 months?

I'm a legit earring addict. :/

what should i do..

UPDATE:

I DID PUT OFF EARRINGS BUT THEY RIPPED ANYWAYS...cause i was rubbing them....ya...

now i have this random rip going through my ear...... ):

and my friends said i should go see a doctor now or if it heals it'll heal seperately and it will be harder to stitch my ear parts together...?

Guest forgottenmemories

Um. Either you let your ears rip by wearing more dangles orrrrr you can give your ears a break. What's more important? <_<

Guest sakuradollie

What else can you do?? Keep wearing them until they get rippped or wait it out. Wear those non-peircing kinds. :mellow:

Guest SushiToaster

wait a couple months unless you want a 2 pronged earlobe--if you're desperate, get your ears pierced at a higher location above your current holes and wear your dangly earrings.. after a safe amount of healing time of course >___>

unless you want people looking at your ears with revolt and horror, it's probably a good idea to let them chill out.. maybe even just let them heal and close in since they're so close to the edge of your earlobe and you don't want it to happen again.. and just repierce higher :)

Dang, what kind of dangling ears are you wearing? Boulders on them? :blink:

Here are your options;

A] Pain, but kayooot earrings on your ears. (Will result in a ripped ear.)

B] No earrings and no rip.

I guess it's up to you, but, I think I'mma go with B. I mean, ripped ears ain't cute.

If a piercing can close after a while of not wearing earrings, then, I'm pretty sure the halfway rip can heal, too.

Guest SUMM3RxBABii

Stop wearing earrings. I had this problem about 6 years ago where my ears were bleeding slighty each day and got infected, so I decided to take them off forever. I couldn't wait a month after i got my ears pierced. Maybe our ears aren't as strong. You should just wear more light-weight earrings because dangling earrings do pull down your ears somewhat.

Guest <3 Kim

Stop wearing dangle earrings. Not sure of this would help, but I would stop wearing earrings for a while (just wear clip-ons if you really want to), wait until your earring holes close up, then get them re-pierced at a higher position.

Guest Kawaiix3chic

how long do you guys think it would take to close up? :/

my mom said that if nothing happens after three months shes going to take me to a doctor and i might get surgery on my ear...

yikes ! the person must have pierced it pretty low,

my first ear pierced (the lobe one) stretched too :S but it didnt stretch to the point where its about to rip , (i loved dangled earrings before but it stretched because my mom made me wear real gold earring due to my horrible ear infections)

i had my ears (the lobe) pierced since grade 5, and got infections after infections in grade 6, and finally went to the doctors in graade 7 whom told me that i had keloids and he made me removed my earrings (the one on my lobe) to grow back <_< (i had a few other ears pierced)

so last summer (3 years later) i tried putting an earring back on my lobe (since it was recovered) and to my surprise it never closed up.

what i did when my ear lobe (suppose) to close up is i used the second ear hole (the one beside the lobe) to wear hoops and dangling earrings, my hair covered my ears so people couldnt see which ear hole i used and it looked fine.

but each persons body respond to things differently

good luck !

Guest Rainie

Why is this a hard decision to make? Of course just stop wearing earrings for a few months...unless you really want to wait until your ears rip and have no holes at all.

Guest Pandarah

STOP WEARING YOUR EARRINGS.

Unless you want to go in for surgery to get them fixed once they rip, you really need to stop wearing earrings with weight on them.

If someone didn't stretch their ears properly and they went too big too fast and their lobe was about to rip would you tell them to keep going? I highly doubt it.

You'll regret wearing them and stretching them further. Let them heal, and repierce them higher up and wait until it's healed to wear dangly earrings. Try not to wear anything too heavy either, plus studs look cute too ;)

Guest yukinohana

don't wear anything and let it heal

it will close up. but you really need to stop wearing them no matter what kind of earring feind you are.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

I've had old holes close up completely. They might heal after some months (IF YOU LEAVE THEM ALONE that is), but if they do not heal then the only way to fix it is surgery. It's hard to say what will happen. From my personal experience, there is a decent chance it will heal on its own.

Archived