JYP trainee

Guest yoogene77

Guest yoogene77

What are the pro's and cons of being a trainee at JYP?

Anybody have any experience with the company and know the good and the bad?

About how many people get chosen to be trainees and how many actually debut?

Hey, did you call the business card?

I don't know how to say the pros & cons. Or the good or bad.

Being a trainee, is a period of taking lessons for singing/dancing, acting, languages, etc.

Its probably wearisome & repetitive training because you train more than you want to.

And there is the worry and thoughts about your debut.

I mean is this the right path for yourself? Am I good enough? Would people like me? It goes on.

You get really insecure of course. Yeah, untill your debut thats the trainee period.

Currently there are about 44 trainees, I THINK. Before that, I heard like 33 trainees.

There are so many JYP trainees I could name, but don't know anything about their debuts.

So far, I only know about a 5 member male & a 4/3 member female group probably going to debut next year.

Even though they have been trainees as long as most of 2pm & 2am members.

There are also JYP trainees who are now under different entertainment companies.

They most likely did not fit the JYP style, or just had an another opportunity to debut somewhere else.

I could name a couple; about 7? or 8? yeah.

& I'm sure in the past some got 'expelled' because they lacked in skill, or other reasons.

Some actually just gave up and never got second chances.

So yeah.

Just because you get into JYP, does not mean you stay there, or for sure debut under JYP, or anywhere else.

It all depends on you. Look wise, how your abilities are, etc. and your own passion, I guess.

If you fit into what they want, or think they can make you a successful artists/actor, they will.

Dang wrote alot. Just ask if you want me to explain more. (:

Guest jenny620

Hey, did you call the business card?

I don't know how to say the pros & cons. Or the good or bad.

Being a trainee, is a period of taking lessons for singing/dancing, acting, languages, etc.

Its probably wearisome & repetitive training because you train more than you want to.

And there is the where you worry and think about your debut.

I mean is this the right path for yourself? Am I good enough? Would people like me? It goes on.

You get really insecure of course. Yeah, untill your debut thats the trainee period.

Currently there are about 44 trainees, I THINK. Before that, I heard like 33 trainees.

There are so many JYP trainees I could name, but don't know anything about their debuts.

So far, I only know about a 5 member male & a 4/3 member female group probably going to debut next year.

Even though they have been trainees as long as most of 2pm & 2am members.

There are also JYP trainees who are now under different entertainment companies.

They most likely did not fit the JYP style, or just had an another opportunity to debut somewhere else.

I could name a couple; about 7? or 8? yeah.

& I'm sure in the past some got 'expelled' because they lacked in skill, or other reasons.

Some actually just gave up and never got second chances.

So yeah.

Just because you get into JYP, does not mean you stay there, or for sure debut under JYP, or anywhere else.

It all depends on you. Look wise, how your abilities are, etc. and your own passion, I guess.

If you fit into what they want, or think they can make you a successful artists/actor, they will.

Dang wrote alot. Just ask if you want me to explain more. (:

wow you know a lot about their trainees are them your friends or you get those info in internet

Guest j.adore

Hm.. well there isn't really pros or cons of being under jyp... it's really about what music style you are looking to do...

But given how JYP runs, if you are a trainee, you will definitely be taken care of... you will learn from the best and as long as you try your best and you are diligent, you'll most likely be kept around. JYP is a pretty big company so they have enough budget and their training program is relatively good. It will take a lot of patience and time to debut. Unlike what o_ohi said, I've only heard about 20 trainees... and counting the hidden trainees, I can only estimate up to 30 at most. But I guess I could be wrong..

Anyway, also since jyp is a pretty big company, you don't get close attention by the executives unless you stand out... and in order to debut, you have to stand out from the rest of the trainees. A lot of the trainees do not debut because they give up in the middle of the process because they can't handle the long training years. Since you are training for a future that is uncertain, 3+ years of training can really get tiring.. so a lot of trainees quit in the middle.

I would say that about 60-70% end up debuting but not all of those who debut get the spot light...

Guest yoogene77

Hm.. well there isn't really pros or cons of being under jyp... it's really about what music style you are looking to do...

But given how JYP runs, if you are a trainee, you will definitely be taken care of... you will learn from the best and as long as you try your best and you are diligent, you'll most likely be kept around. JYP is a pretty big company so they have enough budget and their training program is relatively good. It will take a lot of patience and time to debut. Unlike what o_ohi said, I've only heard about 20 trainees... and counting the hidden trainees, I can only estimate up to 30 at most. But I guess I could be wrong..

Anyway, also since jyp is a pretty big company, you don't get close attention by the executives unless you stand out... and in order to debut, you have to stand out from the rest of the trainees. A lot of the trainees do not debut because they give up in the middle of the process because they can't handle the long training years. Since you are training for a future that is uncertain, 3+ years of training can really get tiring.. so a lot of trainees quit in the middle.

I would say that about 60-70% end up debuting but not all of those who debut get the spot light...

thanks for all the info =]

almost exactly what i was looking for. how do you know all this? experience o.0

so would you say its more like attending school..? or like a free-to-do-as-you-wish kind of training?

Guest j.adore

^

A lot of my family has been working in the industry for a while. My uncle is a PD for SBS, my dad is pretty high up for SBS, aunt is a script writer, another uncle is an executive for an entertainment company, etc. So I have been working in the industry too during my vacations from school....

I wouldn't say its either going to school or free to do... If you still have to attend highschool/middle school, you would go to training after school is over, or sometimes cut school during important times like right before showcases.

This is not strictly for jyp but for companies I know of... Anyway.. when you first get there, you usually have your key card which lets you in the building and lets the company know what time you entered. Then you usually go through a practice schedule varying by days... these consist of vocal, dance, rap, acting, language lessons... there are also exercise and stretching times as well. Some days, these lessons might be with a group or on your own. If you are trained in a group (which is usually the case for dance lessons) you are classified into a group/level which is divided by skill. So if you are a good dancer, you will be learning harder moves and train with others who are similar to you. You can go up to the next level if you improve. All these lessons are very detailed and takes a long time to satisfy the instructors... that's why it takes 2+ years to debut... hope this helps!

Guest jenny620

^

A lot of my family has been working in the industry for a while. My uncle is a PD for SBS, my dad is pretty high up for SBS, aunt is a script writer, another uncle is an executive for an entertainment company, etc. So I have been working in the industry too during my vacations from school....

I wouldn't say its either going to school or free to do... If you still have to attend highschool/middle school, you would go to training after school is over, or sometimes cut school during important times like right before showcases.

This is not strictly for jyp but for companies I know of... Anyway.. when you first get there, you usually have your key card which lets you in the building and lets the company know what time you entered. Then you usually go through a practice schedule varying by days... these consist of vocal, dance, rap, acting, language lessons... there are also exercise and stretching times as well. Some days, these lessons might be with a group or on your own. If you are trained in a group (which is usually the case for dance lessons) you are classified into a group/level which is divided by skill. So if you are a good dancer, you will be learning harder moves and train with others who are similar to you. You can go up to the next level if you improve. All these lessons are very detailed and takes a long time to satisfy the instructors... that's why it takes 2+ years to debut... hope this helps!

ahh thanks about it and since jyp want to concentrate more on him them being the CEO of jyp entertainment will that mean that they will stop taking trainees or something like this and also if your not korean and dont leave in korea can I still creat a daum account because first I think you have to have like a registration number but how can I get it and hope you can help me with this (PM me please ) thanks

omg! thanks for the info. u rly know alot about the ent. life. ;)

Guest yoogene77

thanks again j.adore!!

but dang. trainee life doesn't sound fun at all.

are there trainees that go to college and train too?

do they get much free time?

Guest L0VE_BUBBLES

^

ahh. thanks! is the tranining process and the stuff you said is for korea or new york or both?

• 6 months later...
Guest ix3himxD

^

that was a lot of information and im soooo freaking glad you said all that :D. couldnt be happier, but do trainees get allowance?

Guest unknowntohim

that was a lot of information and im soooo freaking glad you said all that :D. couldnt be happier, but do trainees get allowance?

from what i know is that SM does give you allowance, from hankyung's interview,

i know that you would get as much as 60,000 won for ur allowance, each month.

Guest laughwest101

from what i know is that SM does give you allowance, from hankyung's interview,

i know that you would get as much as 60,000 won for ur allowance, each month.

Haha, you know that 60,000 won is only approximately $60? Less than $60 a month kinda sucks. :)

Guest mister_2

Haha, you know that 60,000 won is only approximately $60? Less than $60 a month kinda sucks. :)

More than I expected.

Guest green.teax

LMFAOS. $60 is more than what I get for allowance right now.

So, considering that you don't pay for rent or food, the amount of allowance is passable...

Guest Mausoleum

I was under the impression that the companies that give you an allowance expect you to pay for your own food though, in which case $60 isn't very much. XD

• 11 months later...
Guest Digiumbri

I was under the impression that the companies that give you an allowance expect you to pay for your own food though, in which case $60 isn't very much. XD

But um the entertainment company pays for your living expenses so you don't buy your own food ^^ so you get $60 for your own personal use ^^

• 6 months later...
Guest XinSmile

^

Apparently I don't live in Korea too, so can you pleasepleasepleaseplease tell me what they'll usually do if you're from another country? Cause I heard alot about stopping education and all, I don't think I would want to stop my education ):

Archived