Eyelash Curlers

Guest >>melodyanne

Guest >>melodyanne

So, i wanted to try a new one but i don't know what to try out.

The metal eyelash curlers don't do anything for me,

i've been wanting to buy a plastic eyelash curler but i don't know where to get it ?

& do they work ?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Yeah, many (washable) mascaras don't hold a curl unless it's a very light, natural mascara. Try using waterproof or the curling mascaras.

They're made to be portable and I see them everywhere in little Asian (more specifically, Japanese) gift shops for around $4. I'm not sure if they work well though, I've never tried them personally.

You can try the mini eyelash curlers. They're smaller than the regular metal curlers so you have more control on the outer corner eyelashes.

Try to avoid these:

ShuMiniEyelashCurlerL.jpg

And look for these instead:

eyelash%20curler.jpg

Guest Veeneee

i have a plastic blue one from the dollar store, and i have a metal one from sephora.. the metal one is slightly better, but since you said no metal.. try looking around drugstores for some non-metal

Guest fantuan17

^ Yeah, many (washable) mascaras don't hold a curl unless it's a very light, natural mascara. Try using waterproof or the curling mascaras.

They're made to be portable and I see them everywhere in little Asian (more specifically, Japanese) gift shops for around $4. I'm not sure if they work well though, I've never tried them personally.

You can try the mini eyelash curlers. They're smaller than the regular metal curlers so you have more control on the outer corner eyelashes.

Try to avoid these:

http://www.thecosmeticmarket.com/images/P/...lashCurlerL.jpg

And look for these instead:

http://essentialsbyleah.com/store/images/e...sh%20curler.jpg

oh wow ive never seen that kind of "mini lash curlers" before~ where can u usually buy them?

on topic~ hmm might also depend on whether u curl ur eyelashes before or after you apply mascara~

Guest CherryColors

I have the heat one. It was damn cheap on ebay (2$ and free shipping too).

There are lots of different kinds of heat curlers, here are just a few!

eyelashcurler.jpg

Guest fantuan17

^^ i have the panasonic one from the pic lol hmm i felt it took a while to heat up tho

i want to try one of those wand type oens but not quite sure how to use them :S

a quick fix if you have a metal curler is you can give it a quick blast from a hairdryer and it works in pretty much same effect as a heated one~ but of course you have to be careful that its not too hot so not to burn urself! i use this technique sometiems and it makes the eyelashes curl heaps! and its quick and easy~ but i dont recommend doing it everyday~

Guest alligatortears

i use a cheap, traditional metal curler from revlon and it's fine to me.

i just warm it up with a blow dryer and i get super curly lashes.

look on ebay for some plastic curlers..

there's a bunch of them.

Guest CherryColors

^ can you give me the name of one of those $2 ones?

I use Shu Emeura. Its one of the best.

I don't know the name but you can find it on ebay as '

Cosmetics Long Lasting Eyelash Eye Lash Heated Curler'

xD

Now it's 3$ not 2$ :( But it's still super cheap. I must say that it works really well for me. It heats up in seconds.

Guest waterangel

i know you said no metal, but i just got hte new shiseido one and LOVE IT. it takes a little getting used to, but it makes the prettiest flutter :)

Guest c a k e

the sephora one in the second post works really well.

i have that one and it really gets all the lashes curled

in two pushes for me.

plus ive recommended to a lot of friends

and its around 15$ btw

• 3 months later...

I have a shu uemura regular sized one. I really like it, but it's true that it doesn't get all the little lashes in one go. I usually have to curl one extra time, lol. But I'm not really curling.. more like crimping, since my lashes are thin and straight X[

I got it in HK for $10USD. You can actually find some Shu Uemura ones on eBay for about $10-$11, and they look legit.

I tried the blowdrying method on a cheap drugstore eyelash curler a while ago, and it didn't really work. But everyone's lashes are different.

Guest Novaculite

I don't know the name but you can find it on ebay as '

Cosmetics Long Lasting Eyelash Eye Lash Heated Curler'

I like my Shu Uemura eyelash curler, but I'd love to give a heated curler a try... thanks for the keyword phrase. I found some for dirt-cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CCLunesse

What kind of metal eyelash curlers have you used? I've tried heated ones (which worked alright but it didn't hold and eventually just broke after a few uses) and plastic ones, but the best ones I've used are still metal ones. Here are some suggestions:

- Shiseido, Shu Uemura, and Kevyn Aucoin have good eyelash curlers, albeit metal. They're more suitable for Asian eyes because the plate that rests against your eyes is flatter.

- Like someone said, waterproof mascaras or curling mascaras are ideal for holding a curl due to curved brush for lifting and higher wax/polymer content to keep the curl in place. If you don't like waterproof mascaras, just get a washable curling one. A waterproof mascara that held my curl really well is Cover Girl's Lashblast Waterproof.

- If you want to try out a heated eyelash curler and don't want to buy one (to find out it doesn't work), try using a blow dryer on the pad of your eyelash curler for a few seconds to heat it up. Don't overheat (I'm not even sure if that's possible) because your lashes are fragile.

- If all else fails, use falsies. :D

Guest ftislandsarang

they have plastic revlon eyelash curlers

i can't find a picture of them..

but i got mine at target...haha it's like black with red padding

Archived