If You Get Teeth Pulled, Does It Make Your Jaw Smaller?

Guest CINNAMONroll(:

Guest CINNAMONroll(:

I might have to get four teeth pulled.

my wisdom teeth, it think.

will it make my jaw smaller?

Obvs when you first get them pulled puffiness and swelling is due to occur.

But I do think my jaw has slimmed down ever since I got my 8, yes eight teeth, pulled out. The wisdom teeth I think made the huge difference to my jaw due to being in the back ~ However, I do have braces so maybe the mechanism has pulled my mouth inward. In the end, I like how my jaw looks slimmer :D

Guest duh123

i don't think so. maybe it does but a very insignificant amount that would make it very unnoticeable. i got my 6 teeth including my wisdom teeth pulled for braces but my jaw shape changed because of the whole process of braces not the wisdom teeth extractions.

Guest eshtee

When I was getting braces and stuff my mom was really worried my mouth sticks out too much (shes kind of phobic about it cause my dad's mouth does that)

and he said the braces would help with that a lot, but then my mom asked her there could be anything else to make my mouth stick out less

and he recommended pulling out some back teeth and re-bracing everything to smush the teeth together. Veryyy painful D:

I didn't do it, but I'm pretty sure thats what Kang Hye Jung did:

Before:

three_monster_0227.jpg

(lol ignore the other 2 guys)

After:

kanghyejung_6.jpg

200804021314078372_b.jpg

(the one on the left is also a before)

Guest *Gonie

no, getting your teeth pulled will not make your jaw smaller... your jaw bone is a bone after all and it won't change shape just because your teeth are pulled out... the reason why your teeth are being pulled out is because is to make room for the rest of your teeth...

*Gonie

Guest ii_christie

I think its a misconception that a lot of people believe in. I don't think pulling the teeth will do much effect. If so, those who wanted a skinny face, will just pull out all their teeth xD

Guest tofuxx

i think it varies. i have a friend who said her jaw line slimmed down after she got her wisdom teeth pulled. i believe her cause she has a really nice V shape at her jaws and chin.

Guest CINNAMONroll(:

When I was getting braces and stuff my mom was really worried my mouth sticks out too much (shes kind of phobic about it cause my dad's mouth does that)

and he said the braces would help with that a lot, but then my mom asked her there could be anything else to make my mouth stick out less

and he recommended pulling out some back teeth and re-bracing everything to smush the teeth together. Veryyy painful D:

I didn't do it, but I'm pretty sure thats what Kang Hye Jung did:

Before:

http://www.movieok.co.kr/forum/files/Movie...onster_0227.jpg

(lol ignore the other 2 guys)

After:

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm96/ja...nghyejung_6.jpg

http://ginaunni.files.wordpress.com/2008/1...314078372_b.jpg

(the one on the left is also a before)

THATS what my ortho told me~

i have a major overbite, so i cant close my mouth naturally. i actually have to remind myself to do it.

so the ortho said i could get them off in 4 months, or wait another TWO ENTIRE YEARS!!!

O_O; and with that, they would take four teeth out and get braces to smush them together and push my teeth back.

since they dont have room to push my teeth back more :/

Guest POLYCHROME.

I don't think your jaw itself will get smaller, but I think it could appear slightly different. I recently got braces and didn't pull any teeth, cause it would've messed up my facial proportions, according to my orthodontist. Instead, he just kinda reduced the size of every teeth by a tiny bit by filing them down a bit to make adequate room for all of them.

I think it's the braces rearranging all the teeth that make people's jaws appear different or change shape, actually. I'd assume that just having teeth extracted wouldn't do too much, unless you were getting some type of orthodental correction such as braces as well. I think it also greatly depends on the individual.

Guest Rik-U

Your jaw won't change... the only way to do that is to get a jaw shave ( I've heard it hurts like hell )

But pulling teeth makes your face looks smaller... maybe because you don't eat for a while? I got at least 5 teeth removed as well as braces... before and after picture:

4311_206609930376_526390376_6853123_1000353_n.jpg

My face kinda looks larger in the after picture but it really is due to the hairstyle XD

Anyway... not much change overtime for me... Maybe when I get the wisdom teeth removed

(yeah I looked HORRIBLE... that was 4 years ago >.>)

Guest tomodachi_usagi

if your jaw bone is already set * gone through puberty* pulling some teeth wont make a difference unless as previously stated you have some type of orthodontic procedure. you will just be out those teeth you pulled.

Guest Autumn1430263885

well if you have an overcrowed jaw,it just makes your mouth stick out more because of the teeth inside.

if you get them taken out, then obviously its smaller...but it doesn't actually make your jaw structure change i believe

Guest kat*

I don't think it would because don't we have a jawbone ?

So technically you can't really change it's shape ... I think o.o

Guest smilesunshine

All those theories about your jaw changing shape due to your teeth placement is all bullcrap, your jaw lines stays the same. That dimension is impossible to alter, I've had my teeth pulled out along with braces..stayed the same.

Guest Swixx

well if you have an overcrowed jaw,it just makes your mouth stick out more because of the teeth inside.

if you get them taken out, then obviously its smaller...but it doesn't actually make your jaw structure change i believe

This is what I was going to say.

If your teeth jut out a bit, then pulling some out or getting braces will give an "illusion" of developing a smaller jaw. Your jaw itself does not necessarily get smaller, but the cheeks might sink in a bit more, making your jaw look slimmer.

Of course everyone is different, and depending on the orientation and juxtapositioning of the teeth, some peoples' face shape will not alter at all.

Guest joie.de.vivre

Did having teeth pulled make my jaw smaller ?

*runs to get and compare old pics w/ current ones*

nah, not really

in fact, for the first year after i got my 3-yr braces off my face and cheeks looked rather chubbs wth >->

now it's been 2.5 years, and i'm happy w/ how i look ^^; my face slimmed down bc of something called "growing up"

Guest chipmunkvoice

no... having your teeth pulled out won't really affect your jaw size.

You can have surgery to make your jaw smaller though... but the thought of that is quite scary.

Guest rhinoplasty

Actually, pulling your back teeth out will make your CHEEKBONES more defined. This is what runway models do.

Archived