Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[drama 2006] Heaven's Tree 천국의 나무

Replies

• syah4britsyah4brit BS fan always&forever SingaporePosts: 4,549Member

IDOL

QUOTE(Miss Bouakham @ Jun 9 2006, 07:21 AM) »

Syah, i have a feeling that sh1nhwafan may be right...perhaps it didn't do too well in Japan as well image

aw, shucks...but oh well... image

nevertheless , i still hope for a Dvd version , seems like so far no news abt the official Dvd release ? ~ image
    MY ULTIMATE KPOP BIASES: DONG YOUNG BAE, LEE CHAE RIN, KWON JI YONG
    MY ULTIMATE KDRAMA BIASES: KIM TAE HEE, LEE BYUNG HUN, YOO AH IN
    WATCHING: JANG OK JUNG, LIVE IN LOVE
  • Miss BouakhamMiss Bouakham Miss Bi ^_^b A.N.JELL shrinePosts: 4,176Friend of Soompi

IDOL

^

if there's a japanese version, i'd interested too...though their items are quite expensive image

keep me updated if you find one online image image
  • ptoorptoor VancouverPosts: 496Member

TRAINEE

Park Shin Hye!!!!

This one of the best dramas I've seen in awhile. I loved how it wasn't a crapload of episodes. Everything tied together in a nice package in just 10 eps. Whoop!
  • sglolligirlddsglolligirldd Posts: 652Member
    OMG BEST DRAMA i've ever seen honestly image
    i watched it in 2 days and i cried like a baby...the next day at work my eyes were like swollen...it was nasty T_____________T
    and i used up like 2 boxes of tissues LITERALLY. gosh i love lee wan soo much.... his character yunsuh oppa...i'm in LOVE. hahahah
  • s u n d a e_s u n d a e_ sydney.Posts: 1,446Member

IDOL

nice poster!

lol the synopsis sounds like stairway to heaven's.

i wanna watch! lee wan looks different somehow.
    writing sundaeie1.gif      .......  FML   |  wrote He Loves Naughty Girl Not ....... Diaries of a Distance ....... Almost 100%
    LAUGH. LOVE. LEARN.
  • s3renes3rene Posts: 8,046Friend of Soompi

IDOL

The plot is similar to STH and PSH basically plays the same role. Being mistreated and losing a parent. I still love Lee Wan and PSH together. image

IDOL

QUOTE(s u n d a e_ @ Jun 12 2006, 06:57 PM) »

i wanna watch! lee wan looks different somehow.

he's got 2 different images in tis one & i love both his looks in the drama ~ image
    go watch it if u can ~ image
  • callingTHEWORLD.callingTHEWORLD. Posts: 1,851Member

ROOKIE

Hey!

May I be one of the official namuer?
    I've been on this thread since i watched the 1st episode.
    yeah, I finished watching Heaven's Tree and I loved it!

I adore Lee Wan and Park Shin Hye since I first saw them in Stairyway to Heaven. I think he is hot and Shin Hye is so pretty. Of course, they're making a cute couple.
    I know he is pretty too old for her, but oh well. She doesn't look like her own age..
  • sweet_treats1812sweet_treats1812 what do you see? new jersey, usaPosts: 4,206Friend of Soompi
    QUOTE(Miss Bouakham @ Jun 8 2006, 06:21 PM) »

Candy!
    what episode are you up to?

hi hi! actually, im only up to episode 5 right now image almost halfway thru...been kinda busy with other stuff..but i cant wait to watch the rest of it!!!
    nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals
    the power of your intense fragility: whose texture
    compels me with the colour of its countries,
    rendering death and forever with each breathing
  • UjinUjin philippinesPosts: 1,724Member

TRAINEE

QUOTE(sweet_treats1812 @ Jun 13 2006, 10:44 PM) »

hi hi! actually, im only up to episode 5 right now image almost halfway thru...been kinda busy with other stuff..but i cant wait to watch the rest of it!!!

candy, so youre watching this drama right now ey...

i've watched this drama last april.. it was a good friday where there was no work. and would you believe i finished this drama in 1 1/2 days!

my eyes were swollen the next day from all the crying. image

beautiful story!
    thanks to ritakeke15 for my avatar
    -kim eugene fan forever-
  • sweet_treats1812sweet_treats1812 what do you see? new jersey, usaPosts: 4,206Friend of Soompi
    hey ujin! yeah, im watching it too...i know im gonna end up bawling...im getting my tissues ready!!! image
    nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals
    the power of your intense fragility: whose texture
    compels me with the colour of its countries,
    rendering death and forever with each breathing
  • rhaprhap Posts: 468Member
    edited June 2006
    i just finished watching it...and i gotta say it was pretty good...

I actually never thought i would watch it because after seeing STH, I wanted to avoid these sad melodramas at all costs, but since it was only 10 eps i thought i'd give it a try and was i impressed...

PSH and LW made such a cute couple and the guy who played Ryu - Uchida Asahi (haven't seen him anything before though) was pretty good looking as well - i liked what he wore in the later part of the drama and he's looks really suave...

Even though she was a third party, i also liked Maya to a certain extent, esp towards the end - i actually thought it was all a ploy, but then yeah, we get to see a good side of Maya - she did truly love Yoon-suh.

There were times were I was a little disappointed in Ryu though - sometimes i thought he didn't do enough and at one point i wondered whether he really wanted to marry Hana - but then i thought, he wants her to be happy since he loves her...just one thing i'm wondering though, Hana and Ryu didn't get married in the end right?

I also loved the the guys who worked under Yoon-suh, they were freaking hilarious - esp. the two fat guys...

Even though there were some inconsistencies, i liked how this drama was not as draggy as STH. And strangely, i didn't cry as much. But overall, i liked it =D

sorry for this long-winded post

P.S i loved the orchestreal/opera song that was played everytime there was suspense in the air....i'm always a sucker for those type of songs and they're in almost everything i've seen....

IDOL

edited June 2006
    QUOTE(lynnieDOT @ Jun 13 2006, 09:12 AM) »

Hey!

May I be one of the official namuer?

hey lynnieDOT , of cus u can be an official Namuer ! ~
    the only requirements is simply to love the drama series ! , i can see tht u certainly qualify to be a Namuer ~ image

QUOTE(rhap @ Jun 14 2006, 10:32 PM) »

i just finished watching it...and i gotta say it was pretty good...

I actually never thought i would watch it because after seeing STH, I wanted to avoid these sad melodramas at all costs, but since it was only 10 eps i thought i'd give it a try and was i impressed...

PSH and LW made such a cute couple and the guy who played Ryu - Uchida Asahi (haven't seen him anything before though) was pretty good looking as well - i liked what he wore in the later part of the drama and he's looks really suave...

Even though she was a third party, i also liked Maya to a certain extent, esp towards the end - i actually thought it was all a ploy, but then yeah, we get to see a good side of Maya - she did truly love Yoon-suh.

There were times were I was a little disappointed in Ryu though - sometimes i thought he didn't do enough and at one point i wondered whether he really wanted to marry Hana - but then i thought, he wants her to be happy since he loves her...just one thing i'm wondering though, Hana and Ryu didn't get married in the end right?

I also loved the the guys who worked under Yoon-suh, they were freaking hilarious - esp. the two fat guys...

Even though there were some inconsistencies, i liked how this drama was not as draggy as STH. And strangely, i didn't cry as much. But overall, i liked it =D

sorry for this long-winded post

P.S i loved the orchestreal/opera song that was played everytime there was suspense in the air....i'm always a sucker for those type of songs and they're in almost everything i've seen....

welcome to Heaven's Tree thread , rhap ! ~ image
    i'm glad the short 10 eps made u decide to watch it , if not u'd haf missed out on one of the best sad melodramas of the yr ! ~ image

u like wat Ryu wore towards the later part ? hehe i'm definitely not wif u on tis , i kinda prefer him @ the start esp wif his early hairstyle . the later parts he had tht wavy hair , n i was so way into LeeWan tht there wasn't space for Ryu ! ~ image

u knw with regards to Maya , i like her as well , i dislike her mom though , ultimately it's her mom tht brought her to tis state she's in now , if it wasn't for her mom , Maya could haf been better off studying @ Tokyo University already ! ~

anyway , i knw Hana & Ryu exchanged marriage vows but never made it to ring exchanges , but i dun think they are legally married i guess , or maybe if they were , maybe they annuled it haha , they didn't really indicate but it looks like they weren't married . i think Ryu can pair up wif Hana's best friend ! ~ image

lastly , i love the 2 fat guys working under YunSuh too , they all are a fun bunch & made us laugh in spite of the sad moments in the drama . a pity they didn't appear anymore in last ep i think since YS had decided to surrender & didn't need them anymore .

i wrote a longwinded post myself ~ image
  • jihye87jihye87 ??? lalaland~Posts: 2,615Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited June 2006
    not sure if posted but this goes out to Namu fans in Singapore, I just saw the VCD and DVD out selling at the pasar malam. it's not pirated and has a good packaging .. was still thinking whether to buy .. haha .. it's the only vcd store in the whole stretch .. 4am .. i shud be sleeping ..zzzzz

cred: kumiko_a
  • ipergirlipergirl Posts: 15Member
    QUOTE(jihye87 @ Jun 15 2006, 04:04 AM) »

not sure if posted but this goes out to Namu fans in Singapore, I just saw the VCD and DVD out selling at the pasar malam. it's not pirated and has a good packaging .. was still thinking whether to buy .. haha .. it's the only vcd store in the whole stretch .. 4am .. i shud be sleeping ..zzzzz

really?? which pasar malam?? But the vcd and dvd are not out yet in the video stores right?? image
  • geekinthepinkgeekinthepink Posts: 201Member
    ^ actually i just saw it at TS at tampines mall yesterday! it was a dvd set with korean and chinese audio and chinese and english subs. pretty cheap too!

anyawys, i was wondering if i should get it.. is it any good?

IDOL

^^ oops .. it's at Ang Mo Kio .. anyway it'll be out soon at all vcd stores .. so guys .. go grab it if you've not have enough of the show.. i'm still thinking of whether to get it .. haha .. i'm broke ..

IDOL

edited June 2006
    QUOTE(jihye87 @ Jun 15 2006, 04:04 AM) »

QUOTE(jihye87 @ Jun 17 2006, 01:49 AM) »

^^ oops .. it's at Ang Mo Kio .. anyway it'll be out soon at all vcd stores .. so guys .. go grab it if you've not have enough of the show.. i'm still thinking of whether to get it .. haha .. i'm broke ..

it's finally out in Singapore ! ~ image
    but.... i too am broke ! ~ image
    tis one sold at pasar malam , does it haf Eng subs ? ~ image
    oh if Dvd then surely there are ! ~ yay ~

QUOTE(geekinthepink @ Jun 16 2006, 12:49 PM) »

^ actually i just saw it at TS at tampines mall yesterday! it was a dvd set with korean and chinese audio and chinese and english subs. pretty cheap too!

anyawys, i was wondering if i should get it.. is it any good?

Ts has it already ? ~ image
    tht's really great news , how much is the Dvd set ? `~
    i love it if it comes wif Eng sub , but hope it's OK Quality subs .
    i like the drama but mainly cus i do love LeeWan , i think it's good cus of the OST + the performance by the young actors !!

IDOL

edited June 2006
    IPB Image

Program Profile

Korean format : 70min (running time 60min) / 10 episodes series
    Japanese format : 50min / 12 episodes series
    Production : Logosfilm
    Investment : SBS , Kadokawa Heraldpictures
    Director : Lee Jang-Soo
    Starring : Lee Wan , Park Shin-Hye , Asami Reina , Uchida Asahi , Sonin
    Producer : Cho Su-Won
    Playwrite : Moon Hee-Jung , Kim Nam-Hee
    Assistant Director : Hwan Yong-Soon , Kito Mizichow , Lim Jong-Gu , Choi Sun-Kyung
    Camera Operator : Chun Hyun-Suk
    Lighting Director : Jung Seung-Ju
    Audio Engineer : Lee Si-Bock
    E야색 : Bae Hee-Kyung
    Music : Yoon Il-Sang

Planning

IPB Image

The extended story of 'Stairway to Heaven' featuring original cast members Lee Wan and Park Shin-hye !
    Set in snowy Nagano , Japan and in the backdrop of a picturesque scenery captured in 10 episodes !
    Do you remember the winter when you were 19 years old ?
    The unknown feelings of anxiety and endless curiosity that young adults experience .
    Those times make youth such a wonderful time .
    Truly loving someone... And finding moments of happiness and pain due to that love...
    This TV series will bring back memories of those cherished times .
    The love that young people experience along with heartbreaking moments and a true heart .
    And trying to relive those experiences when everything was so beautiful .
    You might want to just run outdoors when it snows .
    Those days... When youth was such an energetic experience .

Yoon Seo and Hana... Nobody could come between their love .
    But their love could never be fulfilled since they were legally brother and sister .
    A love that transcended the language barrier between them as a Korean and a Japanese .
    A pure love that washed away all their pain .
    An unconditional love that led them to make the ultimate sacrifice .
    A brave love that gives them the courage to stare down death .
    It was the love they had... It was more than that .
    They were certain that even in death , they would be reunited in the heavens .
    Pursuing their love even in their afterlife , you will also experience an eternal love .
    Right in front of the tree in heaven...

credit logosfilm.co.kr

IDOL

^^ wa.. what an introduction to the drama ..

the price that i saw was 29.90 .. for the dvd .. didn't notice if there's english subs.. but i suppose there is ba since is dvd ..