Hey...um, help, advice...whatever constructive you wanna throw.

Night Star

This is how it has been, frankly, i didn't even knew this guy existed in my university, i saw him because at the usual place where we hang between classes i started to feel someone was looking at me, it wasn't until the second time of having that feeling of being watched that i turned and saw him lookint at me, i was shocked because i had never seen him before, and in my eyes, he is beautiful, and has this i dont know what thing about him, i was surprised really, that's the first time i saw him. 
Subsequently to that, i started to notice him more around campus in general, and of course, in the area where we rest, where i first saw him and eveytime i saw him, he always stared at me, look away when i looked at him, and then kept staring, staring staring, always staring, when i told my friends about him, they always said, yeah, he is looking at you, or yeah, he looking this way, anyway, since he is in a career, to which its building is far from where i'm usually around, sometimes i could not see him, and since he noticed that i noticed him looking at me, if i started going to his building, i dont know, maybe it would've been weird for him...and me. But still, i saw him a fair amount, i didn't do anything because i thought, if he likes me, he'll eventually approach me, and frankly, i love it when a man, takes the first step, i just do. but he never did (hasn't), so the semester went by, and by next one, the same thing happen, he keeps staring at me, and not only him now, but his friends also, even one his teachers. 
One day, i realize one my gal pals, has a friend that takes clases with my boy, so asked her to ask him his name, and she did, except she wasn't subtle at all, in fact, she kinda burned me, because when she approached her friend and asked, he said "why do you want to know?, do you like him?", she told him no, my friend does, and pointed at me after that, the next day, i saw my boy walking around and i don't know if he was really acting odd, or just my nerves were playing me, but i think he was, however, after a few days, that didn't seem to alter his constant staring, i figured, now, he knows i like him, he certainly will come up to me, but no. 
By the end of the semester, i felt so frustrated, as i become more and more attracted to him, so, even though i don't go for the girl taking the first step, i thought, well maybe he's too shy, and since i like him this much, for the first time in my life i broke my rule of never giving the first step, i decided to talk to him (thought we could at least begin a friendship through facebook, and when we start school again, we would talk) so, the last day of school, and there was barely a soul on campus, i felt very sad cause I thought I would not get to see him, now that I gathered the courage to talk to him, dang it, but oh surprise, just as i was getting ready to leave, i see him coming up with his guy friends, i thought "now or never", a friend helped me out by making an excuse to talk to him, and putting him closer to me, needless to say, he was talking normally with my friend even though they never met before, so right before he left, i spoke to him, in a very friendly manner, asked him for his name, told him that a friend said he was very nice and maybe we could be friends, asked him for his facebook, and whether i could add him, he said yes, but i need to point out something, the minute i spoke to him, he could not even look at me, he lowered his head, and started scratching the floor with his foot, i think that if he looked at me in the face 5 seconds, is too much.  So i added him, he never accepted my friend request. (Don't get it). Now, after school started again, he saw me and lowered his head, and hasnt talked to me since. so, even though it was difficult, i decided to ignore him, not turn to look at him, for the semester. Then, one time, i was talking to a guy friend in the cafeteria and he was around, i saw him from afar, and when i turned he was staring at me, but almost like analyzing me, with his chin resting in both his clenched hands. 
And now, we're here, this semester, i saw him again, this time, i arrive at the usual resting spot and i saw him, he just kinda followed me with his eyes, and constantly turning to looking at me, my friends said, yeah he keeps looking this way. Last week, a friend and i were looking for a teacher, and this boy was near by, when we passed him, i asked my friend whether he had turned to look at me, he said yes, but that right afterwards he lowered his head.  
So today, I saw him again, he looked at me, then his friends left him alone, and he just turned to look at me once more, and the just lowered/rested his head on the table and did not turned to look at me again afterwards, unlike the other times, he rarely turned to look at me, (or at least the times I turn to look), then friend and I headed to the cafeteria and bump into him and his friends, walking by I mean, and he kinda pretended not to see me. :( 
So, at first i thought he was shy by nature, but some people have told me, that he does not seem shy, or he isn't shy, those who have seen him around with his friends, when I'm not there and stuff, like in his normal habitat haha.  
Is it just with me?...or what? I really like this guy, there's something just so ..i dont know...all i know is that he is who i want,  but i dont understand him, i'm puzzled, i dont know what to do anymore. Someone help me, does he like me?, does he not?, why hasn't he talked to me... what can i do?, two guy friends have told me that he's scared of me, frankly ....I dont understand a word of that statement, like why would he?!  I'm so frustrated, and getting very tired of the staring game Someone help me understand, what should I do now?

You don't like him. You're infatuatedThe answer has been with you all along, but you're probably too scared to do it.Just go talk to him yourself and end this cycle of trash that you're in.Unless you want to stay insecure, you should go and talk to him.
You can either listen to what your friends say about him and judge him based on thator you can listen to what he has to say and judge him based on thatUp to you

flysolo has good advice dang haha, you can either listen to your friends or you can listen to him straight from his mouth. good stuff.

I started laughing when I read this part: i felt so frustrated, as i become more and more attracted to him,

I was just laughing lol, because you have no reason to fall more attracted but you did anyway. infatuation is right, it's a crush, you can't like/love someone unless you get to know them. when you are crushing while you don't know them as a person really, you are actually just loving your fantasy about them that you made up yourself.

anyway, I gotta say he is one strange man... but perhaps your story is a little inaccurate, because you are telling it from biased eyes since you like him you notice things differently... I really do wonder about that interaction you had with him -__- him looking down and being a total weirdo... I would've just ended it there if I were you, hella weird. I'm really glad you took the chance though! I did that on a number of occasions, even though I totally bombed them all, usually when I saw some cute girl that I wanted to talk to for the chance of getting her number, I always have that, "I'm afraid but it's now or never and I may not get another chance" kinda thing. so yeah I'm glad you made the most of your last chance.

him constantly staring is so creepy esp since he doesn't even add you on facebook! so weird. and it didn't seem like he talked to you much at all, not even a phone number or anything??? dang. why does he keep staring at you even if he doesn't like you?? or if he's intrigued by you, wouldn't he want to be your friend at least?? so weird!! omg.

my first impression of that strange interaction with his lowered head, is that he was trying to hide his embarrassment- perhaps shy talking to you if he likes you, or maybe he's laughing inside because he thinks this situation is ridiculous (esp with the history, your friend asking him stupid questions, you talking to him on the last day suddenly)...

weird guy -__- that's all. sorry you have a crush on a weirdo.

What you hear from other people is all talk until he confirms it with his own mouth.Yeah honestly, are you going to keep yourself in this cycle?!Just go up to him and be like hey, long time no talk or something. It doesn't even have to mean anything, just say it as a friend. Mention the whole facebook thing in a cool and sarcastic tone and see what he says.He seems not shy, just frankly scared to deal with girls. 

Guest mightyleaf

Do you think he was looking at you because you were looking at him? Haha, thats the conclusion I always come to. Tbh, you're "friend" obviously scared him off... and now he probably thinks of you of being creepy. :S Just give up on him, it's not that healthy to obsess/ruminate over something like this. Or, you can actually talk to him. (Not via facebook plz)

You have tried to reach out by talking to him and adding him on facebook. He did not respond positively.If he truly was interested, he would have accepted you on FB and even say hi to you in person.I think it is time to move on.

This guy does have a shy nature to strangers it seems but to his friends he is talkative. It is very common.
Best thing to do is talk to him subtly about it or make the first move.
Grab a drink with the guy and see how that goes.
Nothing bad can come from it as you aren't close anyway.

Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to reply. 
I was beginning to be unsure whether he was interested or not, but after analyzing it, it doesn't make sense that he keeps staring, and apparently, contrary to what i concluded, he's not shy or introverted, a close friend of mine told me 2 days ago, that he happened to sat in the table in front of him in the cafeteria and he was all talkitive and laughing with his friends (girls), and other people have witnessed the same, but when i'm around, or he notices me, he seems quiet, shy and all that, so apparently is just with me....which is indeed VERY weird! 
Well, after considering it, i think i will follow your advice and talk to him again, is just, i'm kinda unsure how to go about it, i'm at a loss of words, which is so unlike me, truly, but with him, i cant even come up with something on how to start a conversation with him, like...i approach him, say hi, and then what?, i really cant think of what to say. thoughts, anyone?
i dont know, the thing is, i feel i'm gonna regret it if i give up that easily...

you need to communicate with this person. you are obsessing over someone you barely even know. get to know him and THEN decide whether or not he is worth your time and attention. if he continues to act like a shy little kitty cat then forget about him.
he's probably attracted to you physically but relationships are about connections and trust. if neither of you have that with one another than everything is pure surface level. life is short -- grab the bull by the horns and GO!!!

I think he's a weirdo. I don't think his actions are really explained by being shy since he didn't even accept your facebook request. Even if you're the shyest social potato around, if you like a girl and she adds you on fb, you'd accept.

I'd personally not bother with him anymore, but if you want to pursue, then you need to make a move now because he clearly won't do anything

Guest chindarella

Pls update us on what happens! I am actually really interested to know if this leads anywhere and why he was acting this way (if you get it out of him!) haha Good luck girl.

Archived