Best Eyeliner for Monolids

Guest applelew

Guest applelew

Hi Guys!
I have monolids, so i am looking for an eyeliner that doesn't smudge, crease and gives me raccoon/panda eyes.I know gel and liquid is best.. because pencil always manages to smudge. 
Any recommendations!?! 

Guest PDURRR

milani infinite liquid eyeliner doesn't smudge for me and i have monolids

only problem i have is getting it onto my eyeball and contacts but that's mainly my crappy hand-eye coordination lol

Guest linhybear

I usually don't even wear eyeliner anymore when I wear makeup. But definitely try eye primer, it will save your life. When I do use eyeliner, I've been using Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner; it's pretty good and at an affordable price. Just look around and you'll find the best eyeliner for you because it's hard sometimes. If you want, you could try just using eyeshadow. Makeup is all about test and trial. I hope you find what best suits you!

Guest applelew

I usually don't even wear eyeliner anymore when I wear makeup. But definitely try eye primer, it will save your life. When I do use eyeliner, I've been using Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner; it's pretty good and at an affordable price. Just look around and you'll find the best eyeliner for you because it's hard sometimes. If you want, you could try just using eyeshadow. Makeup is all about test and trial. I hope you find what best suits you!

Guest mintaroism

Or you can also try Tony Moly's Backstage Gel liner, it's waterproof and doesn't smudge as well.And there's The Face Shop's Make Me Star eyeliner. They also have lots of colours to choose from, and they're definitely water and smudge proof (just make sure you let it dry before anything else).

arghh i understand how u feel!  i have monolids as well and they're really oily #-o it doesn't help that i live in humid and hot conditions that i sweat a lot. i've tried bobbi brown gel liner, maybelline studio secrets gel liner, urban decay 24/7 glide on, lancome waterproof and they all smudge on me after a few hours or so, even with powder. i was recently introduced to the (taiwanese?) solone waterproof pencil eyeliner which stays on like a dream! only downside is that it is hard to get and it is in pencil form, more onto the crayon side so not much precision.

Guest tofuxx

primer makes such a big difference.  i heard urban decay primer potion is good for oily lids and too face shadow insurance is good for dry lids.  i started using my almay tlc foundation as primer after i ran out of udpp and it works just as well for me.  so you can try some sort of long lasting foundation/concealer if you dont want to splurge on an eye primer.
my 2 fav eyeliners are physician's formula cream eyeliner (pigmented, smooth, comes with nice brush, and does not dry out!) and physician's formula eye booster liquid liner (super easy to use and comes off easily with remover).  but neither of these are good enough for me w/out priming my eyes first

Guest vanillax33

I would also recommend the Wet N' Wild Creme Eyeliner, its very inexpensive and doesn't smudge as much as the Maybelline Gel Liner imo. The only downside is it does dry out pretty fast, but for the price ~$4, I think its pretty worth it. 

Guest koneee

Stila's Eyeliner. Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner. Ultimate favorite liner right here. $20+s38904_product_lg.png
Ah, this one.... AMAZING. No smudge at all, and really does stay on all day. I have VERY greasy lids for some reason but this product is amazing and I don't even have to use PRIMER!!! PRIMER!! NO NEED!! Ah! Amazing! You can go to your nearest Sephora store or department store to give it a try. Draw it on your hand and try to smudge it. You'll be impressed ;)

Guest applelew

Stila's Eyeliner. Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner. Ultimate favorite liner right here. $20+s38904_product_lg.png
Ah, this one.... AMAZING. No smudge at all, and really does stay on all day. I have VERY greasy lids for some reason but this product is amazing and I don't even have to use PRIMER!!! PRIMER!! NO NEED!! Ah! Amazing! You can go to your nearest Sephora store or department store to give it a try. Draw it on your hand and try to smudge it. You'll be impressed ;)

Guest kokolove

I don't know if anyone recommended this..but the best one imo is the Etude House Gel LinerIt doesn't smear, smudge, disappear, lose color or anything that other brands do.I have monolids, too and I have to use eye makeup remover to remove it. Soap and water or Lotion doesn't work at all. It drys instantly as well. Regardless, it's the best eyeliner I ever used and rly purty cheap where I live~ hahaha

Guest crucifixation

I don't have monolids, but Heavy Rotation liquid eyeliner simple wouldn't smudge. I've gone through 3 sticks already and it is seriously the best eyeliner I have ever used

Guest -toast-

wet n' wild creme liner is my favourite! a very dark matte black. Another one i like is the ELF creme liner. Not as opaque as the wet n' wild creme liner, but it doesn't dry out ( in the jar) as fast; the wet n' wild packaging isn't as air tight as the ELF one. But still quite comparable! Both are super cheap!
Also, if you still find the liner smudging, try setting with a matte black eyeshadow!

Guest applelew

I just picked up the Milani liquid eyeliner today... we'll see how long this one goes!! >_< I'm hoping it won't crease or smudge.. I hate how when I put on eyeliner, it won't show! 
#monolidproblems -__- 

Guest TimidSoul

If you like pencil liners but want to limit smudging, set it with the same colour eyeshadow. I do this with brown liner and shadow, works well and is a much softer look than black =)

Guest agentdevil5656

Or you can also try Tony Moly's Backstage Gel liner, it's waterproof and doesn't smudge as well.And there's The Face Shop's Make Me Star eyeliner. They also have lots of colours to choose from, and they're definitely water and smudge proof (just make sure you let it dry before anything else).

• 3 months later...

Stila Smudgepot.  These have been my holy grail of eyeliner for almost a decade now.  There are other gel liners that work just as well, but they are more expensive and give you so much less product.  The smudgepots are definitely the most bang for your buck.  Couldn't live without this liner.

Archived