Black/darkbrown Hair With Highlights

liquidfir

help
hey babes

i am thinking of getting some highlights but i cant decide on a color...

anyone who has black/darkbrown hair and has done some highlights??

can u please show me some pictures???

i am thinking of redish tones or light browns

I have long hair.. loll near the waist.

I had highlights for 3 years. They were in 3 colors: brown, light brown, and blonde. I didn't re-highlight this year but I'm thinking of getting it retouched again. Although they are a b_tch to maintain =__=

i'll look for some old pics.

in the meantime, here are some celebs with highlights that i love:

hilights.jpg

Guest treeesh

i've got black/dark brown hair and i've done reddish tones twice.

i told myself to never do it again (since the reds naturally become light brown after a while) but i did it once more.

i think reddish tones do fit asian hair.

im not sure about other colours though.

but red's not too harsh. mine was kinda bright.

i've got black/dark brown hair and i've done reddish tones twice.

i told myself to never do it again (since the reds naturally become light brown after a while) but i did it once more.

i think reddish tones do fit asian hair.

im not sure about other colours though.

but red's not too harsh. mine was kinda bright.

hey babe do u have pictures???

Guest MaryMagdalin

I think you should go with red highlights :)

only problem with red is it fades easily

i just highlighted my hair

but only near the bangs and a fwe strands near the bottom

i did a light brown bordering blonde and it looks great

Guest imurnumba1fan

only problem with red is it fades easily

i just highlighted my hair

but only near the bangs and a fwe strands near the bottom

i did a light brown bordering blonde and it looks great

ohhhhh~ i want to see what that looks likee(;;; picturess??

i want to get highlights tooo.. possiblayyy~<3

Guest Kazunomiya

I just died my hair like 2 days ago (darkdark brown, basically black), and since my hair is naturally different colors in different places, it turned out to be different shades of dark brown all over my head with some medium brown on the top. It actually looks REALLY nice. My hair is short though, so it might turn out different on yours?

I think it would look great with light/medium brown highlights in your hair.. But make them as natural looking as possible, not all piecy. And only a couple shades lighter, so it doesn`t look fake. Does that make sense? :sweatingbullets:

I just died my hair like 2 days ago (darkdark brown, basically black), and since my hair is naturally different colors in different places, it turned out to be different shades of dark brown all over my head with some medium brown on the top. It actually looks REALLY nice. My hair is short though, so it might turn out different on yours?

I think it would look great with light/medium brown highlights in your hair.. But make them as natural looking as possible, not all piecy. And only a couple shades lighter, so it doesn`t look fake. Does that make sense? :sweatingbullets:

LOLLL it make sense really can u show me ur picture??? i will take it to my hair stylist. i didnt wanna do it red because it needs to be maintained...

Guest joolee.

You're so pretty, I personally think you should stick with the hair you have now. It looks great on you.

I find that highlighting your hair is such a hassle. After your roots grow, it starts to look ugly. :mellow: But, if you were to decide on a colour, I'd say red because it looks really good but hard to maintain. Or a light shade of brown.

Guest lilpinkhearts

You look really pretty, I think you could pull it off if you highlighted your dark brown hair say, a variety of colours. Like blonde and light brown. This person in my church has her hair highlighted that way and it's wayyy funky. xD

Guest addickshun

red and brown would be really hottttt.

no caramel or light light brown cuz' it'd look weird on black.

by the way, i love your hair!

Archived