Is It True U Sing Better If U Smoke/throw Up?

Guest Jangoon

Guest Jangoon

my friend said u can sing better if u smoke or throw up cuz it makes ur cords stronger or something.. O__o!?

i was like no way!!! and his like its true!

I just want to know if its a myth or a fact O__o;;

Guest SailorBoy62

No. Absolutely not. The acid from throwing up will severely damage your vocal cords if you do it often enough. Smoking is terrible for your throat/lung capacity.

Guest aznsweetie143

that type of reasoning is like if you shoot yourself enough times and not die, you would be impervious to bullets

lmao, totally agree.

haha if i told you, me and my friend went to take the SAT togather, and we both didnt study. and i got real nervous so i smoked some weed in the parking lot right before the exam, and i still got an 1800 while he only got 1600, would you believe that smoking weed enhances your test taking skills?

its true too, i shall always remain in awe how i did not completely screw up my SATs lol

^LMAO. mikey you silly goose! xPPPP

you're right, it is a NO WAY [:

look up on google about this and smack your friend with the information at his face to prove that it is false, because it is.

-Solly

Guest dark intuitions

this sounds a bit like that technique where you sing/scream yourself hoarse to get a more sultry voice. -________________-"

I wouldn't though. Sounds like a good way to screw up your throat.

mikez, bad boy =P

Guest Hitorijime

Basically, when you smoke, tar gets into your asophagus (x_X). If you're a regular smoker, this'll clog your throat up even more.

Eh, throwing up isn't good. Who would want to sing after throwing up? That's...disgusting...heh.

Guest UNee4Life

my friend said u can sing better if u smoke or throw up cuz it makes ur cords stronger or something.. O__o!?

i was like no way!!! and his like its true!

I just want to know if its a myth or a fact O__o;;

omg lmao how cna throwing up make your vocal cords stronger? there is ACID in throw up, it breaks things down, not make them stronger....

If you want a RASPY voice then I'm sure somking helps, but having a raspy voice isn't making it better....

I'm concerned, you believed him :unsure:

I hope you didn't try any of his ideas? :crazy:

maybe you should reconcider your guyses friendship

I know a few people who like to smoke before they sing. The heat from the cigarettes warms up the vocal chords, making it easier to hit tougher notes. I'll sometimes drink tea while I record for a similar effect.

Though the more lasting damages of smoking aren't really worth it in my opinion.

Yes. Smoking does improve your singing....

NOT!!!

If you need heat you can just drink hot/warm water before you sing. In fact, it makes your singing worse!

Smoking harms your vocals! LOL. I'm not sure about the vomiting one, it happens when you're either drunk/sick so I guess it does neither good nor bad to your vocals as well. Since it doesn't link? It's like having phlegm? I guess.

Smoking causes improper breathing (?? not sure) but it makes you tired really fast. It affects the breathing in some ways. And some smokers has this throat disease thing and they can't talk properly. So it GREATLY affects your vocals!

Singers normally quit smoking cos it affects the vocals so yeah, DON'T SMOKE.

I hope my reply helped ^^*

[DEEN]

Guest Hitorijime

Yes. Smoking does improve your singing....

NOT!!!

If you need heat you can just drink hot/warm water before you sing. In fact, it makes your singing worse!

Having hot water is bad as well. It burns your throat. Room temperature is the best.

Yes. The tar sticks to your lungs and everything that you breathe in then sticks to the tar inside of you. Imagine that. x: Unhealthy.

There are other techniques that can help you reach your goals that will keep you safe and healthy.

Also, I don't believe smoking and throwing up are ways to help your voice. x:

Archived