[drama 2007] Yi San - King Jeong-jo [이산 - 정조대왕]

Guest dramaok

Guest CookieDo

I agree, it felt sinister rather than sweet and fluffy as it would be if it was a dream of Song Yeon walking in. Someone bringing in poison (whether it's the Queen Dowager or one of her evil minions) looks more likely than someone bringing in medicine - no one bringing in medicine would creep in like that. Looks like Lee Byung Hoon chose the second option; show Yi San dying from poison rather than dying of sickness. It'd make it a more exciting final episode.

it's more likely to be the queen dowager because I've only seen that fancy bottom of the dress from the women of the royal family...I agree that it's too creepy to be done by the women who care about him such as his mom, the queen or SY (aside from the fact that she's dead and that scene didn't feel like a dream)....so that only leaves the queen dowager...unless it's the last concubine whose son will be the future king sun jo...I highly doubt that though...hehe

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hanjae

it's more likely to be the queen because I've only seen that fancy bottom of the dress from the women of the royal family...I agree that it's too creepy to be done by the women who care about him such as his mom, the queen of SY....so that only leaves the queen dowager...unless it's the last concubine whose son will be the future king sun jo...I highly doubt that though...hehe

Oooh yeah, I totally forgot about the fancy designs on the hem of the woman's skirt. Very good point. Guess it's the Queen Dowager then (the woman NEVER learns to stay in her quarters like she's supposed to! XD). It wouldn't be to Subin's advantage to have Yi San dead so quickly, since the future of the soon-to-be King Sunjo isn't in any danger, not to mention he's obviously not old enough to rule yet.

It irks me to think that all this might have been prevented if San had ordered her to be killed as the old King Yeongjo had decreed :sweatingbullets:

Guest CookieDo

Oooh yeah, I totally forgot about the fancy designs on the hem of the woman's skirt. Very good point. Guess it's the Queen Dowager then (the woman NEVER learns to stay in her quarters like she's supposed to! XD). It wouldn't be to Subin's advantage to have Yi San dead so quickly, since the future of the soon-to-be King Sunjo isn't in any danger, not to mention he's obviously not old enough to rule yet.

It irks me to think that all this might have been prevented if San had ordered her to be killed as the old King Yeongjo had decreed :sweatingbullets:

Yeah I agree...wonder why he spared her life again in ep 76...have to wait for the subs to fully understand...I was secretly hoping he would have her executed even if it went against history... :angry:

off topic......A friend of mine from Korea said that if YS hadn't died at such an early age the country would be different now....probably would be more prosperous...because he was leading Korea in the right direction...I forgot to ask him if that was his own opinion or of the majority of Korean... :unsure:

Guest khanakham

~~~~~

Yi San Special got very high ratings!

* For comparison purposes, here are the ratings of 2 recent dramas from TNS Media Research:

Legend Special 1: 14.1% (before the drama)

Legend Special 2: 16.9% (aired the day after the finale)

Coffee Prince Special: 16.7% (aired the day after the finale)

Thanks for info. kdramafanusa

Is it possible we can watch Yi San Specials with Eng. subtitles?

Will MrsKorea do Eng. subtitles for them?

I_isanhu3.jpg

I_isanhwa.jpg

I_isanhyekyeong2.jpg

Credit: แฮพวาโบ@Yi San Thread (www.popcornfor2.com)

Does anybody tell me where I can get Ep.74-76 and Yi San Special (SHiNHWA Version)? Thanks

Keep asking the same question, sorry guys. :sweatingbullets: I really want them.

Guest souichi

CRAP! CRAP! Look at this!! If you post twice within a short time, the forum puts your postings together, even if they're replies to two different posts!!

you were right...we're using the word "special" for today's eps but it's actually just filled with highlights of YS

Yep, it's just a "clip show".

Does anybody tell me where I can get Ep.74-76 and Yi San Special (SHiNHWA Version)? Thanks

Keep asking the same question, sorry guys. :sweatingbullets: I really want them.

I'm sure somebody will post them, don't worry! (I'm waiting for them too!) Though the special is just a clip-show, not much of interest there.

Guest souichi

off topic......A friend of mine from Korea said that if YS hadn't died at such an early age the country would be different now....probably would be more prosperous...because he was leading Korea in the right direction...I forgot to ask him if that was his own opinion or of the majority of Korean... :unsure:

People have a tendency to make these kind of prognostications. Historians tend NOT to say these kinds of things. What several historians HAVE said in the introductions of their books is that the lives of X and Y have inspired strong popular myths in Korea, and that this is a good thing overall, but that it is part of the study of modern sociology, not history. Jeongjo ruled for quite a long time, and it would be hard to say what it is he might have done at a later point in his reign that would make a huge difference in the future - In fact, the most likely difference would be increased persecution of Catholics... I doubt that's what your friend had in mind!

Guest pooh_90

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CHECK FOR ME WHAT'S WRONG W/ THE SUB OF 3RD EPISODE. I DOWNLOADED THE SEATTLE VERSION WHICH SHOULD WORK FOR ENTAL N SEATTLE SUB, BUT AT THE END OF THE EPISODE, THE SUB JUST WENT CRAZY, THEY DONT MATCH AT ALL :(( PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME, I REALLY WANT TO WATCH THIS DRAMA THANK YOU VERY MUCH

it's more likely to be the queen dowager because I've only seen that fancy bottom of the dress from the women of the royal family...I agree that it's too creepy to be done by the women who care about him such as his mom, the queen or SY (aside from the fact that she's dead and that scene didn't feel like a dream)....so that only leaves the queen dowager...unless it's the last concubine whose son will be the future king sun jo...I highly doubt that though...hehe

I'm pretty sure the woman who is bringing the medicine to Yisan in his room while he is ill is SY. Remember the article said SY will be making a special appearance in the last episode while Yisan is sick and in his deathbed. Yisan will NOT get poisoned in the final episode. In history he died of a illness early and LBH PD is going with that. This was also mentioned in the article. Plus in Ep.76 the Queen Dowager was arrested for trying to kill Yisan and was confined to a place somewhere in the palace with her palace maid. So i don't think she will be able to poison Yisan in her current situation. Just my opinion.

Anyways i can't wait for the final episode!

EP.77 Staff Spoilers

http://blog.imbc.com/blog.menu.bbs.read.sc...essage_id=54525

Brief translation of the staff spoiler.

There is some sort of problem with the project Yisan is working on with Jung YakYong. While working Yisan faints of exhaustion/fatigue. There is no treatment for his illness so he gets worse. While in his deathbed, Yisan sees SY in his dream and after asking Daesu to take good care of the crown prince Soonjo he dies. Lastly Daesu visits Yisan's grave and says a monologue.

This is the monologue that Daesu says at Yisan's Grave

Do you know, Your Highness?

I still remember that day very clearly...

That was a huge ambition...

Under the bright sun...in your beautiful eyes...

this country, Chosun's beautiful dream was glowing in them.

We will have that dream now, Your Highness.

Your people will protect that dream, Your Highness.

So it has not ended.

One day your dream will move this world...

One day your people will live the life they have been dreaming, Your Highness.

Guest yeezer

Do you know, Your Highness?

I still remember that day very clearly...

That was a huge ambition...

Under the bright sun...in your beautiful eyes...

this country, Chosun's beautiful dream was glowing in them.

We will have that dream now, Your Highness.

Your people will protect that dream, Your Highness.

So it has not ended.

One day your dream will move this world...

One day your people will live the life they have been dreaming, Your Highness.

OMG just reading this makes me teary eyed :( . This is so beautiful! Daesu is such a good and loyal friend

to the end. I'm soooo glad :) . In the beginning I was so afraid that their friendship will fall apart because of

their feelings for SY. Sooo glad YS have such a friend beside him throughout it all :) .

Guest souichi

I want to know what happend to Daesua? Did he ever married? How long did he lived?

He met Jang Geum in the Golden Era of Daughter-in-Law pig-trotter restaurant and they got married and bought the house from Il Mare using the gold from Evasive Inquiry Agency.

Guest CookieDo

I'm pretty sure the woman who is bringing the medicine to Yisan in his room while he is ill is SY. Remember the article said SY will be making a special appearance in the last episode while Yisan is sick and in his deathbed. Yisan will NOT get poisoned in the final episode. In history he died of a illness early and LBH PD is going with that. This was also mentioned in the article. Plus in Ep.76 the Queen Dowager was arrested for trying to kill Yisan and was confined to a place somewhere in the palace with her palace maid. So i don't think she will be able to poison Yisan in her current situation. Just my opinion.

Anyways i can't wait for the final episode!

That's good then that he doesn't get poisoned by her. The only reason why I thought so was because they made that scene kind of creepy. It made me feel like somebody was doing harm to YS.

Guest khanakham

I'm sure somebody will post them, don't worry! (I'm waiting for them too!) Though the special is just a clip-show, not much of interest there.

I hope so.

Anyway, Thanks for your reply.

I_isanhyoeui.jpg

I_isanhyoeui2.jpg

I_isanhyoeui3.jpg

Credit: แฮพวาโบ@Yi San Thread (www.popcornfor2.com)

Guest kdramafanusa

Original Korean Article: Heraldbiz 2008-06-07 16:12

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

Han Ji-min, who finished filming "Yi San", interview "I wouldn't love a real king"

200806070040.jpg

MBC historical drama "Yi San", which has been a top drama for nine months, has two episodes left from its total 77 episodes. Han Ji-min, who played Seong Song-yeon, the woman that the king loved, matured as an actress through this drama.

Song-yeon, who became a royal concubine, left the world on the 2nd by a disease, and made Yi San and all the viewers sad. The viewers' board overflowed with messages like "Please revive Song-yeon" and "If Song-yeon dies, what pleasure is there in watching?" It's because they were empathizing with the character of Song-yeon.

During the press conference, Director Lee Byeong-hoon said that Han Ji-min was "a bright actress with a clean appearance". Her small body frame incites men to protect her, her soft and pretty face, and the tears that flow from her sad eyes are still in viewers' memories. We had a phone interview with Han Ji-min as she was moving to her last filming on the 7th.

-You're filming even though Song-yeon is dead?

-Although she is dead, she comes out for a bit in Jeong-jo's imagination. If it's a scene of a memory, we can use a scene filmed before, but it's a fantastical scene where Jeong-jo meets Song-yeon, so we have to film it again.

-Thoughts on ending the drama

-For any work, there is meaning. When one work is done, I feel like I've climbed a mountain. But "Yi San" was a long drama, so it's on a bigger scale. In other words, it was a large mountain. It was a bigger role than in "Dae Jang Geum" and I was overwhelmed, but I was able to climb over the mountain because there were many seniors helping me. Just looking at the acting of my seniors taught me a lot.

-Was there anything difficult.

-There wasn't anything too difficult in the beginning as an artist. The speech wasn't historical so it was comparatively easy. But after entering the palace, I became a concubine, changed my speech, had a baby who died from a disease, and had my second baby die while pregnant. Acting out the change of mind in a short time was very hard. It wasn't easy to act out the aging process as a woman and the maturing process as a person. At these times, I was able to overcome the hardships with help and advice from Kyeon Miri.

-There was an article that you fainted while filming.

-In the beginning, my body wasn't well. But rather than fainting, I was just unable to film. During the later parts, I had only a few scenes, so I had a lot of time to rest. Now, I'm in great condition. Lee Seo-jin would have had it harder, who had to film on set two days, and film outside two to three days a week.

-How was filming the scenes up to your death?

-It was a little after resting due to the strike of actors' labor union, so my voice was extremely lively. My voice wasn't like a sick person's, so that day, I didn't sleep and stayed up wide awake. So automatically, I had dark circles and my voice was a little closed.

-The romance between Jeong-jo and Song-yeon was another fun part of "Yi San". Tell us your thoughts about romance scenes.

-There are people who ask me if I wasn't disappointed because the romance scenes were cut off in the middle. But looking at the drama as a whole, I think it's proper that a majority of it is about the political reformation against his opponents after he becomes king.

At first, it was also awkward to call Yi San 'king'. When Song-yeon was in pitiful situations, it was hard for me too. In that sense, it came naturally. As I thought about how to express the love I've felt since he was a prince, time flew by. The romance between Yi San and Song-yeon was passionate, and it was almost like present-day dramas. To Jeong-jo, who faced the risk of poisoning and conspiracy, Song-yeon was like a place of refuge.

Song-yeon's only love was Yi San. As Song-yeon, who knew of Dae-su's feelings, it was very unfortunate.

-The chemistry with senior actors.

-Lee Seo-jin jokes around a lot. But when we start shooting, he shows great levels of concentration. It's a little hateful. But he talks to me a lot about acting and takes care of me. But it is more comfortable to be with Lee Jong-soo than the king. It was comfortable to act with him. I also got a lot of advice from Kyeon Miri during the scene where I had to have the baby.

-If you were to really date a king.

-It's not very realistic. The queen loves her, and she gets pregnant the same time Hwa-bin, another concubine, does. There's nothing like that. In today's world, it's cheating. I was rather jealous. Before my character died, I wanted to go the grave of the real Song-yeon, but it was a private area, so I was able to go after my filming. Her grave was moved. Next to her grave is Hwa-bin's, and it was a strange feeling.

-Do you realize your popularity?

-I want to thank the viewers for the high ratings. I couldn't experience the public's reactions because I was busy filming. At the filming place in Yong-in, some elderly women called me 'Song-yeon'.

-How was it to be in the classical "Yi San" and be the MC for the modern "YunYeGa News"

-It wasn't an obstacle to the drama. Although YunYeGa News is not acting, it was a promise to them so I didn't give it up. Being the MC is very comfortable. I just need to show who I am.

-You seem very calm. Your real personality?

-I'm very optimistic. If I get into a hard situation, I argue that I learned a lot. I also like talking to my fans. There are many guys who ask me why I'm so tough when they meet me in person. I think my fans like the person I am on screen better.

-Resolutions and plans?

-I recognize genuine acting. I am happiest when I get this feeling. Acting that is lacking in genuineness is awkward and unnatural for me. I still lack many things but I will try to show genuine acting.

After this drama, I'm going to rest for a bit. I'm going to go to Australia with my parents to visit my sister. I haven't thought about the genre for my next work yet.

Guest lovejyk

Its amazing to see that HJM connected so well with her character, SY. I think thats why she did a brilliant job of playing the part of SY, especially near the end. Even though she gained a lot of criticisms about her acting during the beginning of YS, I guess it wasn't entirely her fault because during the beginning of "Yi San", SY was really just a shallow character because of the lack of character development.

I'm glad that we'll be able to get another glimpse of her in the last episode!

Thanks kdramafanusa for posting that interview with HJM!

Guest kdramafanusa

Korean version

http://spn.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2...8061200453.html

[star Old & New] (47) 이서진, "다음엔 삐딱하게 살고픈데..."

스포츠조선 김윤희 기자

입력시간 : 2008.06.12 09:45

'이산'(MBC, 연출 이병훈)에서 정조대왕을 연기한 이서진이 마침내 9개월간의 대장정을 마치고 임금이 아닌 평민의 신분으로 돌아온다.

이서진은 화요일(10일) 열린 드라마 종방연에서 "지난 9개월간 얻었던 가장 큰 소득을 꼽으라면 '사람'을 들겠다. 좋은 분들과 일하며 보이지 않게 배운 게 많다"고 소감을 밝혔다. '이산'의 김근홍 PD는 "수원 지방 촬영 중 이서진이 없어지면 근처 삼겹살 집을 찾았다. 늘 거기서 스태프들을 데리고 고기를 구워먹이곤 하더라"며 이서진의 살뜰한 배려에 칭찬을 아끼지 않았다.

이서진은 또 "정조대왕이라는 너무 멋지고 바른 캐릭터를 연기했으니, 다음번엔 조금 삐딱한 인물을 연기해보고 싶다"면서도 "그래도 당분간은 푹 쉬었으면 좋겠다. 마음 같아서는 한 1~2년 정도 쉬고 싶은데 뜻대로 되진 않을 것 같다(웃음)"고 전했다.

- Copyrights ⓒ 스포츠조선, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지 -

Chinese version

http://chn.chosun.com/big5/site/data/html_...0612000034.html

[明星今昔對比]李瑞鎮下次想演小人物

來源=體育朝鮮 (2008.06.12 17:29)

200806120000341in.jpg

在MBC古裝電視劇《李祘》中飾演正祖的李瑞鎮終於結束了長達9個月的拍攝歷程,從高高在上的皇帝回歸到平民百姓。

李瑞鎮在10日舉行的《李祘》慶功宴上發表感想說:“在過去的9個月裏,得到的最大收穫就是‘人’,與那麼多優秀的人在一起工作,在潛移默化中學到了很多。”《李祘》的攝影師金根洪對李瑞鎮的細心周到讚不絕口地說:“在水原拍攝時,如果不見了李瑞鎮,就去附近的烤肉店找他吧,他肯定領著劇組人員在那烤肉吃呢。”

李瑞鎮還說:“演完正祖這樣英俊的正人君子後,下次想演一個不算完美的小人物。不過,還是先好好地休息一下就好了。心裏真想休個一年兩載,可事情好像不會如我所願的(笑)。”

chosun.com中文版 chn.chosun.com

- DIGITAL CHOSUN Inc. 版權所有,未經許可,不得轉載摘編 -

Guest souichi

Its amazing to see that HJM connected so well with her character, SY. I think thats why she did a brilliant job of playing the part of SY, especially near the end. Even though she gained a lot of criticisms about her acting during the beginning of YS, I guess it wasn't entirely her fault because during the beginning of "Yi San", SY was really just a shallow character because of the lack of character development.

I was rather surprised about the lack of character development for her relative to Jang Geum. I wonder why it came out that way? There doesn't seem to have been any special effort to avoid formulae from Jang Geum in Yi San, so why the abrupt character introduction? Dae Su, on the other hand, got one of the most memorable character intros in history :D

I agree with you Guernica. I was very impressed by HJM's performance. She developed SY's character amazingly well especially after becoming YS's concubine. She transformed from a girl/artist to a newly wed, wise wife, and caring mother every one or two episodes. She's the one who made me cry.

Over all, many characters in the drama didn't have much depth. I think it's not because of acting but directing and writing. All actors did very well. Some characters, such as SY, Jeong Hu-Kyeom and Princess Hwa-Wan weren't treated well, while HGY was treated better than he deserves. Well, this is my personal opinion, and of course, everyone has different thinking.

Guest lisafh

..i havn't got the time to watch EPs7576..

sigh..it's time to say goodbye to isan..

tons of clips for isan on set to post..if time permitting..^^

but i know you'd like to know about the final ep at this moment..

hehe..here comes the section tv(13rd,june) --isan--the final on set and ending party!!

1. watch it online

-->http://flvs.daum.net/flvPlayer.swf?flvPlay...XiQL2eyGI$

2. download clip

섹션TV 연예통신[1].E434.080613.HDTV.XviD-Ental.avi

-->http://bigmail32.mail.daum.net/Mail-bin/bi...ISIFbitbf7__n3d

-->http://bigmail32.mail.daum.net/Mail-bin/bi...wgULWRdC4CaQEwV

some caps

77yn8.jpg

yeondm7.jpg

773ii2.jpg

tvts1.jpg

771qe1.jpg