[drama 2007] Yi San - King Jeong-jo [이산 - 정조대왕]

Guest dramaok

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something that I never undersand...why are these royalty dying so young?

Prince Sado, died at age 27. His death by order of King YJ

King Jeong Jo, died at age 48? Sickness?

King Yeong Jo, at least he lived till 82.

Queen JS, died at 60.

King JJ concubine, SSY died at age 32.

Bet someone at King & I reported the rating of YS as 27.3% not 14%?

Guest maneuneun

Hmmm... 14%. I believe it will still go up :w00t: . Just like King and I, i remember it also started with a low rating too. With the great cast (Lee Seo Jin & Han Ji Min) and script, this drama is going to be a great opponent to King and I. It's still early to say now :D

Guest mineowyn

EP.1 HQ Ental Version

http://down.clubbox.co.kr/godlove3494/jd4xe

There is a lot of historic dramas. I'm currently watching The Legend which is really good. This one looks good too so i'm going to give it a try.

^thnx SANBI!! But how do you search for the Yi San video? It's all in Korean..Do I type in the full Korean name?(이산 - 정조대왕)??

I was looking at this shows thread yesterday when it was airing at 9:00 and I checked back again early this morning, and boy this thread sure is crowded! I agree, altho I haven't seen ep1 yet, judging frm just the previews I think this is gonna be just as affecting as DaeJangGeum! ^^ (12 ppl in this thread?! wah, keep this up and maybe this soompi thread will make it in the news too! :D)

Queen Jeong-Sun become King Yeongjo's concubine when she was 16, and he was 67,

they are the royal couple with biggest age gap in the 500 years of joseon reign.

Queen Jeong Sun was that queen in KBS Hansungbyulgok , wasnt she .~wow how the king end up marrying someone so young and making her queen ? was she from such a powerful political family :huh:

*heart you * mic .keke thanks for the history background .

------

does anyone plan on writing recaps for this? shirley will you continue? or soonjap? ^^

if so i'll continue with King and I. if not i'll post recaps for Yi San instead of King and I.

they are both great dramas. but i just wanted to make sure naeuri Lee Seo Jin's drama gets my support foremost.

sorry i'm a damo pyein. naeuri cannot be left by himself again.. T.T

* i only can do brief basic summary --; lol some also based on guessing .. ..it will be great if you or anyone who can do up a more proper summary with the dialogues translated ... i love reading your summaries .

i am also watching King and I but seem more lured to this King Yi San now ....i hope the story keeps up ..the 1st esp looked promising as what PD Lee drama always seem to have ..first he did a drama on food , next was science ..now it is about arts ...!^

it seem like there was such a strong bond between father and son from this scene alone ..

20070917233809.218.0.jpg

esp 2 preview

http://swf.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/isan/im...1/preview_2.swf

Something that I never undersand...why are these royalty dying so young?Prince Sado, died at age 27. His death by order of King YJKing Jeong Jo, died at age 48? Sickness?King Yeong Jo, at least he lived till 82. Queen JS, died at 60.King JJ concubine, SSY died at age 32.Bet someone at King & I reported the rating of YS as 27.3% not 14%?
Wow it is really strange that many of the royalty died so young. I know that life expectancy was much lower back then...but not THAT low...I bet it's poison...the undetectable kinds. There's so much conspiracy and politics going on, they can't even trust their closest people.

Woaaa another Lee Seo Jin drama ^^ love him ever since Damo....

Damo...omg that drama still remains in my top 5 dramas. LSJ and Ha ji won's characters and their unrequited love was so sad and memorable.

Ratings anyone? There are so many sageuks out right now. I'm watching The King and I, and it's so good. There's also one with BaeYoungJun, but that one looks weird.

Yi San sounds good too. The king and a palace maid? Ooooohhh~!

there ARE alot of sageuks! and they all seem really good. i'm actually hooked on the legend (BYJ). the weird CG stuff ended after ep1, you should give it a try. i thoroughly enjoyed the first 3 eps.

anyhow! wow. the 1st ep of yi san was awsome! i've been keeping up with the king and i, but i have a feeling yi san will be more to my liking. <3 i like how the story played out~ and all in one ep. i hope they keep up with the great plot! i'm counting on the PD to show his stuff. hmm~ the only thing that i disliked was the acting of the child actor for yi san. i realize he's young, but i kept falling in and out of the drama because of his acting. wrong casting in my opinion.. he still has a long way to go. adorable, but not quite right for sageuk acting quite yet. can't wait for the next ep!

side note: i've always wanted to see damo. not a fan of LSJ, but i heard the drama was excellent! sniff. maybe during break~

-edit- i also have a strong feeling the viewer ratings will go up very soon! many people are saying how yi san's ratings are showing it's fate against the king and i, but i think otherwise. ^^

Queen Jeong Sun was that queen in KBS Hansungbyulgok , wasnt she .~wow how the king end up marrying someone so young and making her queen ? was she from such a powerful political family :huh:

http://swf.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/isan/im...1/preview_2.swf

thx for the link. yup she is that queen! from hansung!

her father was a leader in the faction called Soronpa and when princess Hwa-Wan (Seong Hyeon-Ah) comes out later on i think we'll probably meet him too.

side note: i've always wanted to see damo. not a fan of LSJ, but i heard the drama was excellent! sniff. maybe during break~

yes you should watch damo! or else you will miss all the great references to this legendary fusion sageuk of our time.!!

i was not a fan of any of the damo cast until i saw it. ^^

Something that I never undersand...why are these royalty dying so young?

Prince Sado, died at age 27. His death by order of King YJ

King Jeong Jo, died at age 48? Sickness?

King Yeong Jo, at least he lived till 82.

Queen JS, died at 60.

King JJ concubine, SSY died at age 32.

Bet someone at King & I reported the rating of YS as 27.3% not 14%?

Jeong Jo

official cause of death is skin disease. however most ppl believe he was murdered by poison

the rating is 14%.

Guest kdramafanusa

although King and I pulled some impressive numbers, it's still too early to tell. I hope the script won't disappoint bc competition is very tough. Can't wait to see HJM and LSJ. Both highly respected on a personal and professional level and well loved actor/actress.. I hope the scriptwriter is able to give them good lines and a well written story. I'm worried about the scriptwriter the most since I haven't seen her prove herself yet with her past dramas.

I agree that it's too early to tell who's the real winner since this is Yi San's 1st episode.

King and I (episode 1-7): 14.4%, 18.8%, 22.9%, 25.8%, 22.3%, 21.0%, 25.6%

Jumong (episode 1-7): 16.3%, 18.4%, 21.8%, 25.3%, 28.0%, 28.7%, 27.9%

If I remember correctly, the 1st episode of Dae Jang Geum was around 15% (more or less).

Guest cococrust

hmmm. they released ep 1 on SCM format, which I think still sucks compared to rmvb. I will just have to wait for the RMVB ver to be released before posting it up. Just a head up for people waiting.

yes you should watch damo! or else you will miss all the great references to this legendary fusion sageuk of our time.!!

i was not a fan of any of the damo cast until i saw it. ^^

Yup! anyone should watch Damo first :P I really love that drama..... ever since I became in love with historical dramas.....

Guest conduongmuathu

Yi San - Ep 1 Ratings:

Nationwide

6. 특별기획드라마<이산> MBC 14.0

Seoul

6. 특별기획드라마<이산> MBC 14.2

Credit: TNSMK

Archived