[drama 2007] Yi San - King Jeong-jo [이산 - 정조대왕]

Guest dramaok

Guest Happy_Day

Ratings anyone? There are so many sageuks out right now. I'm watching The King and I, and it's so good. There's also one with BaeYoungJun, but that one looks weird.

Yi San sounds good too. The king and a palace maid? Ooooohhh~!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no. Lee PD suffered injury while on set filming. during a scene he was showing the actors what to do and he tripped over something and got his face slit and was sent to ER and received emergency surgery.. but he will be okay and will resume filming without much delay.

-------

heh~

20070917081824656e70845cj7.jpg

SEPTEMBER 17th!! the face off!!

the war is on between SBS King and I and MBC Yi San.

which one will you watch? keke..

SEPTEMBER 17th!! the face off!!

the war is on between SBS King and I and MBC Yi San.

I am as excited abt the face off as some of you. 40 mins to the grand opening of Episode 1, Yi San! :lol:

Hope PD Lee is ok now, nothing serious happen to him.

Yi San needs him most now. :phew:

Hmmm episode 1 seem good, not sure how the rating goes....but regardless, I am here to watch.

It is quite easy to follow the storyline, even though I donot comprehend korean .

Seem like LSJ may appear next week, as he appears in next week preview.

The 3 little kiddo are really cute, especially the little crown prince.

oh no. Lee PD suffered injury while on set filming. during a scene he was showing the actors what to do and he tripped over something and got his face slit and was sent to ER and received emergency surgery.. but he will be okay and will resume filming without much delay.

-------

oh PD Lee must take care of himself ..luckily the injury not serious .

^^ ..i think the esp one has a mini my king and i in it .lol the young Park Dae-Su . isnt he suppose to be a warrior anway ..it seem he .was not castared [ i think he was in there as a little eunuch. ? or something .. so his uncle was trying to correct it but the guards come in just at the moment ...maybe that changed his fate .... :P

84CADTV2007-09-17PM11h09m23s0.jpg

the esp open with a grand celebration where the King Yeong-Jo and company were being entertained by the performers . suddenly there was an attack ..and soon the entire palace was in choas ..and King Yeong Jo while escaping under the protection of his guards ... found himself face to face with the leader of the revolt ..which was his own son Prince Sado ..

ANd at this point ......

the king awake ...from his nitemare it was only a dream .yet the son that he dreamt is going to overthrow him ..is now sealed in a chest box .....

a group of enunchs were trying to open up a hole in the chest ..i think they were just trying to give the Prince some water ....hmm .they seem pretty loyal to him ..they managed to cut a hole ...and speak to him .....anyway ..soon the guards come .. their attempts were stopped ..i think the Prince was like begging ...inside the box .sigh. i dun know how many days he was in there ..but he was really very weak ..

young Seong Song-Yeon seem to have a gift for drawing .i dun know if her parents are still alive .anyway .seem she was taken into the palance as a palace maid ...

one night ..she was roaming the palace grounds with one of the little palace maids ...and she went off alone and happen to run into this young prince Yi San ..who was going someplace .too ....he was going to see his father held captive in the box .. The two run into the young Park Dae-Su

so the three met .and ...become comrades ...young YI San finally went to see his father ..[ ....hmm ..strange the place was not guarded ] anyway .it was sad .. ....he was weeping calling his father ......Prince Sado speak to him .through the hole ...and hold his hands out to held his son hands......

just then .King Yeong-Jo come ...and young Yi san had to run ...with Song-Yeon [ Dae Su who had previously left returned to help them escape ..and the three children sealed their friendship with a pact to keep tonite a secret ....] .

however .....the next day i think King Yeong Jo wanted to find out who was the one who left the food right outside the chest

ah and young yi San went to see his grandfather ..i think he was asking him to forgive the Prince Sado ..yet his grandfather never soften ..

so soon ..Dae Su was found out ...they want him to identify who was the palace maid ..but he did not reveal .it ..All through this .these two still did not know the young friend they helped was the Prince Yi San ..till ....at the last scene when Song Yeon saw him....in his prince attire ...

------------------

84CADTV2007-09-17PM11h15m20s0.jpg

84CADTV2007-09-17PM11h12m04s0.jpg

4444.jpg

84CADTV2007-09-17PM10h33m26s0.jpg

from http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=mbc_d...#53412;드

Thx for the summary.

Wonder whose baby was that? SSY sibling given up for adoption? :blink:

ya . i also think it seem like to be her little brother....

--------------------------------------

young yi san with his father Prince Sado

SGPhoto_2007_09_1800_16_01.jpg

SGPhoto_2007_09_1800_19_14.jpg

SGPhoto_2007_09_1800_16_10.jpg

SGPhoto_2007_09_1800_21_47.jpg

pic credits to dc

thanks shirley!

can't wait to watch this later on.

it seems the Korean netizens are receiving it very positively..

many say Lee Seo-Jin's sageuk force is undeniably strong!

and sado seja (crown prince/ Lee Chang-Hun) is also a very loved sageuk veteran.

but some are complaining about the OST not being good. lol~

Guest thislove

Wow seems really interesting. Now it's hard to choose which one to watch first, Yi San or The King and I ;) Is the going to be subs for this drama?

thanks shirley!

can't wait to watch this later on.

it seems the Korean netizens are receiving it very positively..

many say Lee Seo-Jin's sageuk force is undeniably strong!

and sado seja (crown prince/ Lee Chang-Hun) is also a very loved sageuk veteran.

but some are complaining about the OST not being good. lol~

Dramaok!!! You're back!!!!! Sorry, maybe you've been back since "Thank You" and I just haven't "seen" you in a thread before this one. How was your move? Thanks for starting this thread. It'll be fun to watch this with you again. I'm dl from clubbox as I'm writing this. I can't wait until it's done! As for the OST, oh brother, if that's the only think people are complaining about - then, it's the least of my worries. Go "Yi San"!

hi soonjap! ~ good to see your name here. *^^*

-----

just skimmed through first episode. and WOW.. already so touching and full of Lee PD magic.

the details.. reminds me of Dae Jang Geum days..

before we go on more, i think i want to touch on something.

it's hard to appreciate an epic joseon sageuk like this without talking about joseon politics.

i just want to mention in case ppl don't know.. this is a very important factor in the drama premise..

contains spoilers >>>>>

e01kor070917hdtvxvidentxl1.jpg

sado seja (yeongjo's crown prince) [사도세자]

life: 1735 - 1762 (actor: Lee Chang-Hun)

he is older than his stepmother, Queen Jeong-Sun. [정순왕후]:

e01kor070917hdtvxvidentpw1.jpg

life 1745 ~ 1805 (actress: Kim Yeo Jin)

Queen Jeong-Sun become King Yeongjo's concubine when she was 16, and he was 67,

they are the royal couple with biggest age gap in the 500 years of joseon reign.

Jeong-Sun became queen, when Yeongjo's first wife died in 1757.

so Jeong-Sun at the young age of 22, became the most powerful woman in Joseon.

and she was already 10 years younger than her step-son, the crown prince sado.

in history it was recorded that her family, and its political faction was very much against Sado inheriting the throne,

so they were key memebers who pushed Yeongjo to get rid of Sado (aka Jang Jo)...

e01kor070917hdtvxvidentpg4.jpg

e01kor070917hdtvxvidentcn0.jpg

Crown Prince Sado's son, Jeong Jo [정조]: life 1752 ~ 1800

if you read up on Jeong Jo's (played by Lee Seo-Jin) reign,

you will find more strife emerged between Queen Jeong-Sun's faction and the factions within the palace that were faithful to Yeong-Jo, or Sado Seja, and so on. this is of coure controversial, because many scholars claimed sado seja was actually demented (however i think this is just one school of thought).. King Jeong Jo (22nd king) is only 7 years younger than his grandpa's wife, Queen Jeong-Sun.

e01kor070917hdtvxvidentdn3.jpg

King Yeong Jo [영조] (actor Lee Sun-Jae)

life: 1694~1776

brilliant king and hardliner.. but perhaps weakened during his latter reign by political factions

e01kor070917hdtvxvidentmd5.jpg

crown princess hye-kyeong > Hong ssi [혜경궁 홍씨]

life: 1735-1815 (actress Kyeon Miri)

Crown Prince Sado's wife,

Queen Jeong-Sun's daughter-in-law by marriage

King Jeong Jo's mother.

she actually outlives everyone here but she is pushed out pretty early on by the political factions.

20070918073828682940740sy2.jpg

MBC 'Yi San' (ep. 1): 14% (tns media nationwide)

vs.

SBS 'King and I' (ep. 7): 25.6%

KBS 'I am sam' (ep. 13): 6.3%

------

does anyone plan on writing recaps for this? shirley will you continue? or soonjap? ^^

if so i'll continue with King and I. if not i'll post recaps for Yi San instead of King and I.

they are both great dramas. but i just wanted to make sure naeuri Lee Seo Jin's drama gets my support foremost.

sorry i'm a damo pyein. naeuri cannot be left by himself again.. T.T

Guest mariella

although King and I pulled some impressive numbers, it's still too early to tell. I hope the script won't disappoint bc competition is very tough. Can't wait to see HJM and LSJ. Both highly respected on a personal and professional level and well loved actor/actress.. I hope the scriptwriter is able to give them good lines and a well written story. I'm worried about the scriptwriter the most since I haven't seen her prove herself yet with her past dramas.

Guest piratesofthesea

omg... I was reading the recaps.. sounds good..

I tried to download from clubbox but it doesn't seem to be working... (I downloaded from clubbox before but unfortunately its not working at this moment -_-"")

so if anyone could upload a LQ version of it or better yet upload it onto youtube. that would be great.. ^^

so excited to see lee suh jin in another saguk again XP..

Thanks again to anyone who uploads.. much appreciated

Archived