[drama 2007] I Hate You, But It's Fine 미우나 고우나

Guest shorty_babygurl03

does everybody notice that this actress (Mrs.Na) is everywhere to be found?

from golden era of daughter in-law, the real witch there

to capital scandal, i love her a lot in this series... a narcissistic-wacko creature ever made \(|o|)/~

and many more....

she's very talented indeed :P

Kim Hye Ok also played the role of Yang Dong Guen's mom, in Dr Kkaeng, who was a little handicapped mentally.

Agree, that she is a very talented actress indeed. To be able to pull off playing 2 extreme characters at the same time. One who is headstrong whilst the other is as meek as a mouse in front of her hubby.

Sorry fellow MiGo fans, I don't comment on the current situations/developments cos I am way behind, watching the Eng-subbed version on KBSWorld. :blush:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest koreandramadabest

I don't know if anybody noticed this, but if you look closely at SJ's pic (ep 128 screencaps posted by mandalaywith - 18th pic from the top), you can see his left eye looked a bit reddish,.. no wonder he looked like a pirate on these past few episodes,..

ohhh THAT'S WHY HIS HAIR IS LIKE THAT.. i noticed his left eye.. it's red.. no wonder that this picture is true?(i made this for fun but it turns out to be true?)haha WHAT A COINCIDENCE? :unsure:

migo126avi001386651dc4kf6.jpg

migo126avi001386651dc4kf6.97be48cb94.jpg

As I watch Kdrama I am starting to understand (at least in kdrama world) that DJ would be considered a bad sister if she did not say those things to Sonia. Just the same, the 1st Aunt was also obligated to have a few words with Sonia when she found out about her relationship with DH. I think there's the concept of

- Doing/saying what you have to do/say to protect your love one best interest

- Matching according to background and profile is held in higher regard than love, that attachment is deeper and will last longer than emotion and affection

That's why DJ said "sorry I have to say this" and that why Sonia easily accepted her words.

As far as Miae goes, Well, it's pretty hard fto root for a woman who would abandon her child for a pipe dream. I guess she was justify her actions by abusing the rule that Chanee technically belong to the Chang family. Regardless I think Miae is too selfish to love anyone besides her self and would abandon Chanee again if another opportunity presents itself. :unsure:

Since you put it like that... It makes me think their breath must really stinks! :vicx:

Gerryg I have heard you. Why is a union between DP and BH allowable then? The fashion industry is redessing the issue of emaciated looking models, we too should redress the messages sent through other popular media. Just as perception can change so too can background and profile. Remember they are not static and bad investments do happen. BTW isn't this what SJ thought? :sweatingbullets:

Gerryg I have heard you. Why is a union between DP and BH allowable then? The fashion industry is redessing the issue of emaciated looking models, we too should redress the messages sent through other popular media. Just as perception can change so too can background and profile. Remember they are not static and bad investments do happen. BTW isn't this what SJ thought? :sweatingbullets:

I agree.

However, I just wanted to point out that DJ isn't really bad. She was doing her duties as a older sister (mother) to DJ.

Also, this board is rich with culture information so I am slowly learning how to watch Kdrama from a Korean perspective. Consequently, thing I used to be upset about no longer bothers me. Moreover, I come to expect them and when I don't find them then I able to identify the change.

BTW - I've been taught... Learn all the rules... Then break them!

(I'm still in the learning phase :sweatingbullets: )

Although SJ treated JY badly, disrespected his own father, and been spiteful and petty with BH, I don't think he treated SA that badly. Early on in the show I recall him asking her how she would feel if he dated her because she was the daughter of Bonjour's owner and she said she didn't care as long as it was him. She was not a passive observer, she persued him...no fair that she gets to play the offended wronged wife. In my opinion she is the worst of the two, she takes no responsiblity for her own actions and has no respect or consideration for anyone around her. She truly thinks she can buy anyone and anything and she did, she bought a husband, so now she shouldn't complain.

I agree.

However, I just wanted to point out that DJ isn't really bad. She was doing her duties as a older sister (mother) to DJ.

Also, this board is rich with culture information so I am slowly learning how to watch Kdrama from a Korean perspective. Consequently, thing I used to be upset about no longer bothers me. Moreover, I come to expect them and when I don't find them then I able to identify the change.

OK :rolleyes:

Guest fieryheart

Thanks for uploading the video,bm05om.

Kim Ji Suk was really handsome during the photoshoot.He's got a cool hairstyle as well.Why can't our Kang Baek Ho has the same hairstyle? He would look much more attractive then.I guess his hairstyle has been decided that way to suit Baek Ho's dorky character.Too bad.

Guest kauaisurfer

I agree.

gerryg

....Mr & Mrs Kauaisurfer....Support YOU 110%...and will publicly Announce You are our Favorite Fellow Post!

All The Best.

Guest dramaok

i ran out of diskspace so i only have the LQ fuzzy caps today..

--------

Ep. 128 (friday Feb 29, 08):

migo128lqasf000016083pj9.jpg

WJ: Na Seon-Jae ssi let's talk it's about Ji-Yeong.

SJ: look here Seo Woo-Jin researcher. why would i talk about Ji-Yeong with you huh? and! am i your friend? how dare you call my name so easily!

WJ: you're the one who paid for Ji-Yeong's family debt! what was your reason for getting your subordinate to lie and do that!

SJ: sorry i don't know what you're talking about and even if i did so, then shouldn't you be thanking me? isn't that the proper order? for saving the woman you're fond of from her crisis. huh?

WJ: ---

SJ: and why are you so curious about it now? if you really thought much of Ji-Yeong shouldn't you have come forward to resolve the matter before anyone else?

WJ: (angrily) i'm paying you back that money.

SJ: pay or not pay i don't know about it so do what you want.

WJ: (grips a fist, then leaves)

---

Mansu invites SJ out for drinks.

migo128lqasf000171171lx6.jpg

MS: what do you plan to do about our Soo-Ah?

SJ: what do you mean?

MS: do you remember what i said to you before you got married? i asked you to make our Soo-Ah happy. that's the only think i asked of you. was that such a difficult thing?

SJ: i'm sorry..

MS: if i knew about you and that woman, i would not have given our Soo-Ah to you.

SJ: ---

MS: you may have figured this out already, but due too opposition from home, i too abandoned my current wife to marry Soo-Ah's mother. Hence, i understand how you feel right now better than anyone else.. and that is even more reason why i can't forgive you. it is wrong to hurt two women like that.

SJ: --

MS: do you know what i regret and feel painful about the most now? it is my apologetic feeling toward Soo-Ah's mother. what great is it to be giving one's heart, why was i so aloof with her.. these things are regrettable to me. don't regret later like me, and be good to our Soo-Ah. let the past be past.

---

Mr. Hwang tries to meet with Park In-Seok again but Mr. Park tries to evade him.

WJ arrives and invites Mr. Hwang out for a meal together.

migo128lqasf000291724vm2.jpg

Hwang: what is it? tell me...

WJ: father, Park In-Seok is an employee at Bonjour foods.

Hwang: what do you mean by that?

WJ: Park In-Seok is a teamlead of development dept., and director subordinate of Na Seon-Jae director.

Hwang: !

WJ: i think the one who paid off the debt is none other than..

Hwang: you mean.. it's Na Seon-Jae.. that guy.. right?

WJ: i was anguish about whether to tell you or not but i think it's something you should know.

Hwang: of course... regardless.. i will take care of it now.. so don't get yourself involved in it.. and don't tell Ji-Yeong. nothing good will come from her knowing.

Mr. Hwang tells his sisters about it, and Miae tells them about how she went to see Dong-Ji and SJ must have investigated about it afterwards.

migo128lqasf000366598gz0.jpg

aunt: it looks like we're gonna have to put this house up. there's no way we should take that money even if we all go out on the streets.

MA: no we have to do something there's no way we can give up this house.

aunt: but we already tried last time. and we cannot take the guy's money no matter what..

Hwang: yeah..

---

Mansu comes home drunk and tells the family he had a drink w/ Seon-Jae. Mansu asks about Sooah and Dongji says SA isn't home yet. just then SA comes home.

migo128lqasf000543775wk2.jpg

MS: oh our pitiful Soo-ah...

SA: why are you like this dad? did you drink?

witch: he met with son in law Na or son in law Neo guy.

SA: with Seon-Jae ssi? why?

MS: Soo-Ah, you go back to your home tomorrow.

SA: dad!

MS: the way i see it it's something that will be resolved in time why do you keep touching it to make it bigger. just let it pass and go on that trip with him as planned.

SA: dad, what exactly did Seon-Jae ssi say to you to get you to be this way?

MS: if i say to let it go and let it go!

SA: i don't want to (leaves)

MS: mother. talk to her and send her home.

---

migo128lqasf000610140hk3.jpg

mom: brother's not home either. his wife pack her bag and left home, and his father hits him... why would he wanna come home.

DP: omo. he got beat by dad? dad hit brother?

mom: i hate your dad so much. i really hate ppl who are barbaric toward their own children!

DP: omo...

dad: um.. any news from Seon-Jae yet?

mom: (ignores him)

DP: not yet.. dad.. would you like some fruits?

dad: no it's okay.

SJ comes home..

migo128lqasf000656787yi6.jpg

dad to mom: i think he had a drink or two. why don't you make him some honey water.

mom: gee.. i guess he cares!

later that night...

migo128lqasf000715546lp8.jpg

dad: let me ask you something. is it really not possible with new child?

SJ: that's not it.

dad: then what is it? why is it so complicated.

SJ: you needn't worry anymore.

dad: really?

SJ: yes.

dad: then, do whatever you need to do to turn her heart around. as i always say, spouses need to work on their marriage constantly. even if she's not pretty to you lie and tell her how pretty she is.

SJ: --

dad: but did it hurt a lot kid? not so, right? your dad hasn't thrown a punch in a long time you see.. hehe..

SJ: hehe...

---

migo128lqasf000785815jq5.jpg

DP: sleepy?

migo128lqasf000798695nv8.jpg

BH: ong.. so sleepy that i even washed my face 3 times, but i'm yawning again..

DP: hehe.. hm...

migo128lqasf000826956ug4.jpg

BH: oh! it's a video message.. hehe..

DP: (video) this is to help you stay awake..ah ah.. mic testing.. [sings] "you are the sunshine.. the sunlight of mine. you are comforting me when i am tired and weary. even if you dont' say it i know it already, how much you love me... "

BH: oh haha.

migo128lqasf000859022ce7.jpg

DP: ah gee.. he should just be studying.. why keeping answering.. hehehe...

migo128lqasf000869432ie7.jpg

BH: thanks you your singing all my sleepiness is evaporated! so i will be studying all night so Danpoong ssi go to bed.. but you have to dream about me! so on that note, let me sing you a lullaby.."today i will tell you with my heart again.. that i love you.. always.. with my heart and my eyes... that i love you.. lalalala"

---

SA awakes and feels lonely..

SA: honey..

migo128lqasf000937066ka7.jpg

SA: granny.. i hate Seon-Jae ssi so much.. what am i gonna do!

granny: what can you do even if you hate him... he's your husband.. you gotta forgive him, Soo-Ah...

SA: how can i? how can i forgive him?

granny: if you do as dad tells you.. to close your eye and ears then it will all pass.. be resolved by time.

SA: but what can i do i can't do that!

granny: let's get up and eat first. a person needs energy. since the sun's risen let's eat and have strength first!

migo128lqasf001061356qa7.jpg

a big rose bouquet gets delivered to Soo-Ah from Seon-Jae. with a note...

migo128lqasf001052147it4.jpg

SJ: "i miss you. hurry and come back"

---

migo128lqasf001089718ze0.jpg

Seo Ju-Kyeong: teamlead, couldn't Kang Baekho ssi and i be paired up this time and go together?

Yoon: gee.. why don't you just do it the way it's set up..

BH: !

DP: um. oh but Kang Baekho ssi and i have somewhere to stop by for our in house modeling promo.

Seo: oh ic.. well i guess then... Baekho ssi i'll see you at the mart later.

everyone else leaves..

BH: let's get going too.. should we put the stuff away and stop by the promo place first?

DP: um.. hehe...

migo128lqasf001149009cn0.jpg

BH: hahaha

DP: stop laughing it's embarassing...

BH: Danpoong ssi you don't look it but you really are a fox aren't you!

DP: wh-what..?

BH: how you made a fib like that without changing your facial color at all.. hahaha.. gee do you like me that much?

DP: fine! yeah.. i like you so much i'm going crazy, satisfied?

migo128lqasf001153548uq4.jpg

BH: oh but what to do.. i don't find women who are so clingly too attractive...

DP: what did you say?

BH: except for Danpoong ssi, of course. hehehehe..

migo128lqasf001200361qn2.jpg

DP: nono let me carry one.. it's heavy..

BH: i can't see my woman carrying heavy things.. so let me do this..

DP: let's share..

BH: if you're so sorry about it then give me a peck on the cheek for strength!

DP: are you nuts?! what if someone sees us..

BH: there's no one here! hurry!

migo128lqasf001216744wz0.jpg

DP: (kisses him on the cheek)

BH: ASSAAAHH! oh! Rep. Yoon. !

DP: cham... but do you think i would get tricked again? gee.. what a bad brain you got.. i mean it's the same trick!

BH: (gasping) it's for real..

DP: gee. fine i'm getting fooled again okay? (turns) OMO!!

migo128lqasf001241502to0.jpg

Yoon: !

DP: !! (gasp)

migo128lqasf001287280nn3.jpg

Yoon: aye.. Kang Baekho ssi.. you're impressive.. impressive.. when did you and teamlead become (gestures kissing). ahahaha.

BH: Rep. Yoon, let me make a request... we're not yet public about our relationship.. so for now could you keep it a secret..

Yoon: of course.. don't you think i have that much sense... but gee.. you're really something.. i don't think she would be easy.. Kang Baekho ssi.. you are the strongest!

---

migo128lqasf001315443mr9.jpg

MA: brother.. couldn't we just let it go.. i don't like him either.. but it's better than going on the streets...

brother: don't even say that.

---

migo128lqasf001437731cf7.jpgmigo128lqasf001501828tu9.jpg

Chanee loves his new backpack and shows it off to Ssonia. The three of them go spend a day togehter at the park.

---

migo128lqasf001513206ch1.jpg

Ko: oh what to do.. the reation from the homemakers were so cold.. at this rate will this become like seafood dumpling too.?

BH: oh don't say that..

Yoon: we need to figure something out soon.

Shin: Na Teamlead.. what's going on? the reaction was bad today?

DP: i think we need to come up w/ a new marketing strategy.

Shin: if this fails too it will really be trouble so make it succeed!

DP: yes.

they figure out most homemakers think of porridge as something they should cook at home not buy, and they decide to do some field survey to figure out who their target consumers should be..

migo128lqasf001632158et8.jpg

BH: should we have a bowl of cup ramen each?

DP: okay..

BH sees students in uniform pass by..

BH: wait a sec.

DP: where are you going?

migo128lqasf001667359la1.jpg

BH talks to the kids and asks them to sample the bean porridge and they like it.

--

meanwhile SA thnks of SJ. phone rings and it's Mr. Na, asking to have a date w/ her later..

migo128lqasf001812170jm8.jpgmigo128lqasf001813171eh7.jpg

dad: new child.. have some of this food.. this restaurant has really good food. try this rib meat.. it melts in your mouth.. they only use the fresh beef from early morning each day. i've wanted to bring you here for some time.. hurry and try it..

SA: (eats)

dad: how is it?

SA: it's really good father.. oh it would've been better to come with mother too..

dad: yes.. next time.. but today it's you and me.. this is beef with sesame leaf.. it's their specialty there. try this..

SA: i thought you disliked me.

dad: oh what is that talk! why would you think that! i've been wronged!!!

SA: hehe.. sorry. i guess it was just me.. sorry..

dad: maybe it's because i've been shouting a lot.. but that is not because i dislike you.. it's because i really wanted to make you part of our family. in my heart, i have been cherishing you so much..

SA: father..

---

SJ comes home and Mrs. Na asks why he didn't go see SA and SJ says he will go tomorrow cuz SA probably needs a little more time.

migo128lqasf001850642dd6.jpg

mom: Seon-Jae.. it's really over between you and Ji-Yeong right?

SJ: mother..

mom: okay okay then..

dad brings SA home..

migo128lqasf001892982qm5.jpg

mom: omo Sooah..!

SA: mother..

dad: i'm the one who brought new child home!

mom: just the two of you? why didn't you call me too.

dad: why would i bring you to ruin the atmosphere!

mom: ARE YOU REALLY GONNA BE LIKE THIS!!

SA & SJ: hehe..

migo128lqasf001947605ct3.jpg

SJ: Soo-AH ssi.. thank you for coming home.

SA: don't mistake. i'm not here to see you.

SJ: then you didn't miss me at all?

SA: i came to see father and mother.

SJ: (hugs her again) regardless thank you..

---

Mrs. Na goes out at night to run an errand and Mr. Na tells her to buy him some sweet rice cakes on the way home.

migo128lqasf001994885ox3.jpg

DP; then should we have a demo infront of a school? to see if

BH: oh that's a great idea.. oh but.. we're already here..

migo128lqasf002043334gt6.jpg

DP: no.. let's go in the car again.. i'll take you home..

BH: ah cham.. then why did i drive you home? it's cuz i didn't want you to get tired driving... (puts key in her hand) go home already.. my heart will be at ease when i see you home safely..

migo128lqasf002057047qx1.jpgmigo128lqasf002052876gv7.jpg

Mrs. Na: Danpoong ah!! you two.. what are you doing?!!

=================

Guest kauaisurfer

...We can NOT remember who posted the summary for Episode #128...

We LOVE the storyline dichotmy of the marriage between "SA the Zero" and "SJ the Coward" dissolving before our television eyes while the Romance between DP & BH starts to pick up speed and blossom!!

...That is pure K-Drama...KARMA!

Guest zaeya

Reihei it is good to see you post but i would like to address you and Gerryg's responses.

I like both of your approaches and can agree with both viewpoints, however i think DJ was being very hypocritical. She should know that wanting to be with the one you love and who makes you happy is every person's right. Also she should know from experience considering that she never gave up on her first love Mr. Bong. I was surprised that she approached Sonia in the manner that she did. I was really disappointed, considering what she has gone through and now that she is with the love of her life she should be in DH's corner. In this regards she is no better than Mrs. Na as far as her thinking goes pertaining to DH and Sonia. I also feel that part of that was influenced by Granny.

I agree Gerryg that we should look at the K-Dramas from a Korean perspective but looking at them objectively is what suppplies our fuel for debates in this forum. I look at the K-Drama from both sides and i still cannot agree with the lack of change in these dramas. Most of the world say they hate America and it's views but newer generations are turning to western culture to defy traditional values because they crave the freedom from what they consider "old ways" of living.

As K-Dramas continue there are little parts of Western Culture that pop up more and more. American songs in cafe's, style of dress, younger generations in love not wanting to bend to the will of the elders. everyone deserves freedom to make their own mistakes and to learn from them. what K-Dramas teach more than anything that love is powerful and can overcome any obstacle which is a good point. the painful drawback to that is the old ways seem to come close to winning only to give way in the end. Basically they win battles but not the war. we as fans suffer because some of the character portrayals are so absurd. i know some people lack common sense but the depiction of BH and DP have gone from cute to annoying at times. DP can't be that stupid that she can't realize she loves BH until almost 120 episodes and BH can't realize on his own that even though he has won DP's heart ,that's not enough to stop studying and fix the areas that he is lacking so he can fit the background that her mother wants from a son in law.

K-Dramas are great for entertainment and for us to study culture and strength of character.

A lot of the characters that were great in the beginning have fallen into an abyss of their own self righteousness. Actually the bad part is that the SJ/SA/JY saga has slowly supplanted BH and DP because the cute moments we wanted are being dulled by BH's loss of focus and appreciation of MR. Bong and his promise to him to succeed on his own and DP's failure to be bold and tell everyone about her relationship. If she can almost kill herself and a busload of people to tell BH she loves him why keep it a secret?

Character study indeed......

Apparently Karma is going to seep into everyone.......interesting....

Guest kerris

dramaok, thanks for the recaps again!

yoon daeri is so cute. haha. but if i were the colleagues, i figured i would have suspected something already. haha.

i want to see the vid message, it's so cute!

weekend, please pass quickly!

Guest violetish

Dare i say...?

i'm starting to feel for SJ. i know he's all :tongue2: and ridic. to WJ and all, but he's just realized that he's lost the girl he truely cares for, and now must try his best to live with SA. because even though he doesn't LOVE her, he does CARE for her, and so he doesn't want to hurt her like he's hurt JY.

(at least that's the vibe i get)

So, yes, i think Karma has already come. and now he needs to fix his current relationship. :wacko: (k-dramas... what can you do without them?)

Guest bm05om

i want to see the vid message, it's so cute!

weekend, please pass quickly!

can you imagine how it's gonna be after MiGo is over..right now we cant wait for the weekend to be over cuz we're anticipating whats gonna happen the next week,hehe.

Thanks dramaok for the recaps and answering my question.^^ Made some gifs..:)

DP: (video) this is to help you stay awake..ah ah.. mic testing.. [sings] "you are the sunshine.. the sunlight of mine. you are comforting me when i am tired and weary. even if you dont' say it i know it already, how much you love me... "

128dpafg6.gif

A surprised BH watching DP's mini-concert..keke..

128bhaji5.gif

BH: thanks you your singing all my sleepiness is evaporated! so i will be studying all night so Danpoong ssi go to bed.. but you have to dream about me! so on that note, let me sing you a lullaby.."today i will tell you with my heart again.. that i love you.. always.. with my heart and my eyes... that i love you.. lalalala"

128bhbxq2.gif

DP's blissful expression watching BH's goodnight serenade for her.. :blush:

128dpbnm8.gif

Basically they win battles but not the war.
What a succinct way of putting it! :)

This discussion is very relevant and interesting. I used to despair at the stupidity of some characters in K-dramas - the rigmarole concerning cross in-law marriages (Daughters-in-Law) and how marriages between foster/adopted siblings are taboo (Que Sera Sera is the latest example that comes to mind, although the feelings aren't mutual; oldies like Winter Sonata) used to frustrate me but they are revelations of the Korean mindset and culture, I believe?

The issue of deception in My Girl was overplayed too (come on, the child saved you!) but I know that respect of the elderly is is de rigeur in Korean society, so deceiving the family was a grave sin. I guess the story would be more interesting with conflict than without...;)

And then there's all that shouting. Gracious, I used to wonder why the characters would shout so much (and so rudely too, sometimes). I've since accepted this as a feature of K-drama (but wonder if it's a reflection of the way Koreans interact with people they are familiar with)! :lol:

Speaking of shouting, I don't like the way DH constantly shouts at MA, especially in front of their child. I am not fond of MA but do not dislike her (I haven't watched her in the earlier eps, so she may have been more deplorable than she is now). Eva's pretty face is wasted on DH - I honestly do not see anything attractive about this man. Sonia is too good to be true too - although we're supposed to like her, I don't...perhaps because she isn't given a lot of screen time to flesh out her character. At one point, when DH was being nice to her platonically, her voiceovers voicing out her suspicions that he must like her came across as presumptuous and annoying (to me, anyway!).

While Sonia isn't technically breaking up a family, I do like the idea of Chanee, DH and MA coming together as a family again not because I'm against DH marrying a foreigner but simply because Chanee deserves to have his mummy back and because MA's trying to change (well, we'll see if it's out of pride - not wanting to lose her ex; or if it's genuine). The way the story's slanted though, I think DH and Sonia will end up together (those scenes of the two of them and Chanee always seem so joyful)...perhaps only after MA has had an epiphany (if ever!).

Dare i say...?

i'm starting to feel for SJ. i know he's all :tongue2: and ridic. to WJ and all, but he's just realized that he's lost the girl he truely cares for, and now must try his best to live with SA. because even though he doesn't LOVE her, he does CARE for her, and so he doesn't want to hurt her like he's hurt JY.

(at least that's the vibe i get)

violetish - I agree with you! Coupled with the actor's real life problems, I'm starting to feel for SJ...I suppose his personal issues have given him complexity in his role. You summed it up well. SJ is well and truly beleaguered, and worst of all, it's of his own doing! :sweatingbullets:

Thanks 4 the gif...

I just really love this moment... I love when DP said "ah gee.. he should just be studying.. why keeping answering.." but with smiling face...

Archived