Dyshidrosis Also Known As Dyshidrotic Eczema

Guest Bamidele

Guest mrserenity

Hello everyone
Thanks for sharing this useful information this information really helpful to me , i want also share something related to eczema , eczema is often a recurring condition, it is generally best to stick to natural eczema remedies.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 김 가을

I've had terrible eczema for 5 years all over my body since I was maybe 1 or 2. Right now, it's calmed down a bit and is only on my face and inner elbows. I'm not sure about dyshidrosis, but with atopic eczema:
1) Drink plenty of water2) Don't eat a lot of junk/processed foods3) Stay away from things you are allergic to (this is obvious)
4) Stay away from fragrances and chemicals in lotions and such5) Exercise a lot (sweat it out)6) Soak in warm baths7) NEVER SCRATCH YOUR ECZEMA8) Use lotion to moisturize the affected area. Using hydrocortisone cream might help.
I hope this helps >: Good luck!

• 5 weeks later...

I have really bad eczema. I'm so self conscious about it. I remember last year I asked some girl for some hand lotion and afterwards I told her my hands were really dry because I had eczema and she freaked out and practically screamed across the classroom "omg that's so gross! isn't that contagious get away from me!" and I almost started crying right there. Now I can't wear short sleeves because I get rashes up my arms sometimes and I always have to be able to hide my hands. It may not seem like a big deal if you don't have it but it seriously affects my life. And I've tried almost everything. I scratch in my sleep (I'll wake up in the morning and I'll be bleeding from my arms or hands or legs) so I always wear socks over my hands and rubber bands them on. But guess what? In the morning they're not on my hands! My body officially hates me -__-My doctor said that some studies have been done recently and asodopholius (I'm sorry I don't know how to spell it, but the container also says probiotic on it, so it either is also called probiotic or it is a type of probiotic) was found to drastically improve people's skin who suffer from eczema. I've started taking it and I'm hoping for the best!  

Guest Wetoriya

I got dishydrosis and yes it does suck lol. I had it only on my hands in highschool then it spread to my right palm. I only really get it on my right hand. Whenever I play basketball my hands get so dry/cracked and start to bleed even if I used lotion. I use to be self conscious about it but then i'm like whatever can't do anything about it. I don't use any creams or medicine for it. I just leave it alone and if it pops I got to bandage it even though you guys say bandaging is bad. I find that it heals and there is less pain if it is bandaged and I put some neosporin on it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Try this:
Olive oil (organic + make sure it has less than 0.5% acidity or even better 0.2%) + tea tree oil
(personally, the Australian Bodycare Pure Tea Tree Oil works wonders for me)

Olive oil with more than 0.7% acidity will not have the effects you want.

Also, every single day, you need to do "Skin Brushing".

Water is not the problem or cause. It's the chemicals in the tab/shower water that causes the problems. Same for all kinds of chemicals that are used in makeup, lotions, soap, etc. Therefore, you need to look at every single ingrediënt in every product you want to use or are currently using.
Don't fall for easy marketing slogans such as "100 natural, no harsh chemicals" etc. Always look at the ingrediënt list. This also applies for any organic or vegan products you're willing to try out to limit exposure to chemicals.

Try to go prescription free. Long term use of certain skin medications, ironically, causes skin problems.

• 7 months later...

I have had this for years and when I was first diagnosed the doctor told me always to use PH balanced products to help control it. I use dove unscented soap or one of the liquid soaps that is PH balanced.  Also PH balanced shampoo,  washing up liquid, washing machine liquid, moisturiser etc.  It helps to keep it under control once the cream has done its work.
It does make it difficult to clean, sometimes! I really can't touch most cleaning products and walking barefoot over a recently cleaned piece of carpet is a sure way to get blistered feet, and so is using a shower that's been cleaned with bleach - I always take a pair of rubber footwear to hospitals or hotels.
It takes a full cycle with the creams to get it under control, and that takes about three weeks. If you stop too early then the cycle continues so you have to use the cream for three weeks every day and if it comes back st the end of that time keep using it for another three weeks until the cycle is broken. Then maintain your skin by keeping it PH neutral.

• 4 months later...
Guest michaelorban_at_hotmail.com_stv

Ok i have this and my mom is sitting here right now dying from it its so itchy i have a solution uv light can help so I've read so some sun exposure could help but with the heat it could do more harm i have not tried this.

#1 hands have to stay dry 

#2 no creams no lotion on earth will help you do not use soap always use cold water to rinse hands pat dry stay away from all chemicals and soaps including extracts of any kind.

#3 go to doctor and get a prescription for a cortisone idk what % Vaseline texture and looking ointment and apply generously 3/4 times a day dispite nay sayers.

4# antihistamines can help but only with the itchy feeling not the eczema its self.

5# get a cold dry compress magic bag is the best straight from the freezer and it will be your best friend because scratching it makes it worse and so dose water especially hot water stress is a big deal the magic bag cools the hands and lowers the stress that I believe is a contributing factor if blisters turn to sores and puss infection red hurt with dry skin when blisters are going away you need a white cream steroid prescription to clear that up and can regulaly use small amounts of hyper-allergenic lotion no alcohol no urea ect to help heal and clear up the dry skin i now know how to identify when i am getting it and can prevent a serious outbreak good luck to all who suffer my moms been here for 1hr with magic bag and feels better already.

Guest michaelorban_at_hotmail.com_stv

I have really bad eczema. I'm so self conscious about it. I remember last year I asked some girl for some hand lotion and afterwards I told her my hands were really dry because I had eczema and she freaked out and practically screamed across the classroom "omg that's so gross! isn't that contagious get away from me!" and I almost started crying right there. Now I can't wear short sleeves because I get rashes up my arms sometimes and I always have to be able to hide my hands. It may not seem like a big deal if you don't have it but it seriously affects my life. And I've tried almost everything. I scratch in my sleep (I'll wake up in the morning and I'll be bleeding from my arms or hands or legs) so I always wear socks over my hands and rubber bands them on. But guess what? In the morning they're not on my hands! My body officially hates me -__-My doctor said that some studies have been done recently and asodopholius (I'm sorry I don't know how to spell it, but the container also says probiotic on it, so it either is also called probiotic or it is a type of probiotic) was found to drastically improve people's skin who suffer from eczema. I've started taking it and I'm hoping for the best!  

sorry to hear all that i know it sucks I've only had it on my hands and feet but it could be a number of things that cause it in my opinion including stress diet what we use to clean our selfs and cloths allergies to food and environment i have used socks i have to relate to this it sucks and never helped much but I felt crazy.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I have had eczema since I was sixyears old. It popped up in between my ring and pinky fingers and has come and gone through the years. At 25, it's popped up yet again. I have tried just about everything. after using  foderma, works surprisingly well, better than creams and ointments he gave me and way less expensive

• 3 weeks later...

The same problem i had 2 years back .I have tried all kinds of creams and lotions to treat my often times severe eczema and nothing has brought relief like  Foderma.Not to say that this is right for everyone but this jar is a little small.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I have heel pain and need arch support for my tired feet. I first wore them around the house for an hour or two at a time, as suggested. This past weekend I ventured out to work my daughters Girl Scout cookie booths. I was on my feet 2 hours straight and my feet felt great. orthofeet shoe really helps me do my job and cuts down on the pain I have once I am off my feet.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have had hand eczema for years. A few times 1/4 of my palms was covered with sores and a lot of my fingers and knuckles too. It's gone now unless I use the wrong soap. I used to keep it under control with a little steroid cream, applied before I went to bed. A few days would go by then it would get itchy again and I would use more steroid. This went on for about 7 years, then I developed Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease. I am convinced it was from over use of the steroid because after I completely stopped using the steroid the UC and Crohn's slowly went away over a few years. In that time I began using only white Dial soap for body and hair and liquid Dr. Bronner’s 18-in-1 Pure-Castile Soap in a little bottle when away from home. (No other soap shall touch my hands... lol) My hand eczema got so much better. I recently realized the white Dial antibacterial soap was actually still causing a little irritation. So now I only use the Dr. Bronner’s 18-in-1 Pure-Castile Soap in liquid and bar form. And my hand eczema is almost completely gone. This is certainly not a pitch for the Dr. Bronner’s Soap but wanting to say for me I learned what irritates my hands, and almost all soap causes my itchy eczema. Nothing else besides soap or lotion seems to be the trigger. Now I use no medicine and my hand eczema is gone... as long as I don't get into some irritating form of soap. I hope this helps someone. 

Archived