So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

Hey peeps, thank you so much for continuing to keep this thread alive with all the beautiful pics, reviews, updates and love, kamsa...

Just wondering please to all the techno savvy ladies out there if someone would be so kind in changing the title of the thread from (one sunny day.....) to now headline SJS ('Let's go Together' ) upcoming FM in Japan 2015. Our once ever so charming, always-on-the-ball, miss-you-much, organized supporter Sara used to do this to keep fans updated.......we can keep the thread current like this for new and old fans alike....and hopefully our ever-conscious-and-biggest-fan of SJS will return to our midst....

Always good to see the old clips and reminisce, love and adore...but would love to see more updates if possible of SJS up and coming events (wink wink nudge nudge @innerchild...)....you are in SK, is that right?...please please with bells on....kahmsamnida. ....

Continue to do great work SJS fans....thank you in advance. ...All ladies in the house FIGHTING! 

SJS FIGHTING! !!

• Like 3

Is "Cute" your middle name Mister?

vqiyZ.gif

Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

(cr as tagged)

Mathi, I think he's the only man in the world who born with many middle names

So ( Handsome ) Jisub

So ( Sexy ) Jisub

So ( Manly ) Jisub

So ( Perfect ) Jisub

So ( Talented ) Jisub

So ( Adorable ) Jisub

So ( Shy ) Jisub

So ( Sweet ) Ji Sub

So ( Lovable ) Jisub

@51Kingdom often using those middle name in his/her creations.  But unfortunately with all those beautiful names , he has still difficult to find his life partner. He is a shy guy. He want to find a girl who loves more than he is and who first confessed love to him. To assert that,he chose to appeared as a "Single " Magazine Cover. Indirectly he wanted to say, " Girls, I'm still single, come chase me"

:phew: :lol: Don't hit or hate me for this)

singles.jpg

So ( Single ) Ji Sub

Eventhough many girls had confessed her feeling to Jisub nim at Youtube

the list of the girl who loved so ji sub

List of So Ji Sub lovers ^____^ but these are not only! kkk

Girls, let's chase him !! And ....Jisub nim fighting !!!

• Like 4

@chakitababe... my sentiments exactly. I miss dear sara62's quotes and dear olang's collage of SJS pics in military uniforms. Hope they'd posts some updates soon. @mathi, sojisubaddicted, innerchild, sugarmay and mirabell, thank you all for your awesome posts. This thread has been lively because of you my dears! @everyone FIGHTING!

• Like 2

Hey peeps, thank you so much for continuing to keep this thread alive with all the beautiful pics, reviews, updates and love, kamsa...

Just wondering please to all the techno savvy ladies out there if someone would be so kind in changing the title of the thread from (one sunny day.....) to now headline SJS ('Let's go Together' ) upcoming FM in Japan 2015. Our once ever so charming, always-on-the-ball, miss-you-much, organized supporter Sara used to do this to keep fans updated.......we can keep the thread current like this for new and old fans alike....and hopefully our ever-conscious-and-biggest-fan of SJS will return to our midst....

Always good to see the old clips and reminisce, love and adore...but would love to see more updates if possible of SJS up and coming events (wink wink nudge nudge @innerchild...)....you are in SK, is that right?...please please with bells on....kahmsamnida. ....

Continue to do great work SJS fans....thank you in advance. ...All ladies in the house FIGHTING! 

SJS FIGHTING! !!

I think that someone has to contact the moderators in order to change the title of the thread. Sara was able to do that since she applied to be the creator of the thread in 2013, if I remember correctly, considering the fact that the person who originally started the thread was no longer active.

And sadly, no, I'm not in SK, not even close, I live in Europe - Serbia, so you see SJS fans really do come from all over the world. ;)

I too wish that Sara and olang and many other fans who contributed so much, would come back to this thread, but as So Ji Sub himself had already said I am always at the same place, it is people who come and go. (that's how I perceive this place).

Now, update. :lol:

BTS of Meichen shooting in Shanghai.

..........................................................................................................................

Jisub was selected as N0.1 "Hot Body Star" by 992 male and female respondents in their 20 or 30s, in a recent NBT survey. (translation from FB Sojisubar)

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002433163

• Like 5

Guest sugarmay

Hi, sweetest SJS fans here!

Thanks ladies all for happy happy updates to us here ^^

dear @mathi  Exactly…his profile’s beauty must be a sin for us,I guess…So “CUTE” Jisub…haha

dear @innerchild  Thanks Thanks dear for bringing excited topics to us always!! FM2015 is coming soon!

dear @sojisubaddicted  Unfortunately Jisub’s designed limited edition watch won’t be available except Japan..and They said that this is the final edition of those collaboration watch series…

dear @chakita babe Hello,dearest chakita babe..!! 

I just want  to say hello and welcome back, sweet dear!

Actually I’m your fan since I’ve been a silent reader for a long time…Your latest post made me so excited right now!! Thank you!!

dear @proserpinaespiritu  Thank you so much for your kind,warm word,my dearest!

Also I miss so much dearest @sara62,@olang…but I believe they’ll be back here again..hope so.

As the latest 51K weibo and other updates, Jisub’s just started to ready for his FM 2015.

Let’s wait for his attractive plans something for us!!

Nice weekend,lovely all!! <3

sngls_zps76w2yqgd.jpg

Guest sugarmay

SJS Japan FC site informed his additional show of Kobe FM 2015 in Japan lately.

The show of Kobe is added the day- time show,open:13:00,start:14:00.

FM 2015 in Japan has 4 shows so far, Kobe:2 shows / Tokyo:2shows.

FM Japan’s free gift for attendee / SJS FM Japan 2015 limited penlights,

“penlights”…..??? LOL …

BTW dearest @mathi’s last post,”So "beautiful" Jisub’s side profile” inspired me definitely! XD

Exactly…His profile is totally PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL,as you know…

Then I reviewed the previous his photo book,”GIFTS in 2005”.

This photo book has BTS and the writer notes edition,”Jisub’s Showcase in 2005”.

It mentioned “Jisub’s beautiful,perfect profile”.

The writer said “By the way, you already might know ,Mr.So Ji Sub has simply beautiful his profile..

He has a straight nose,it’s so perfect and very beautiful.

This is a indeed divine gift..off course his natural beauty.” 

Absolutely we know…LOL

Good Sunday, dearest friends all !!

bj1_zpsf8t7uxuu.jpg
gift1_zps5frjk6qw.jpg

So (Lovable) Jisub

Jisub nim's hyung,Song Seung Hun, ever said jokingly :"If I was a woman, I'm not going to married Jisub-ah. He was stiff, stubborn and boring". :lol: I knew that he was joking, but maybe he's right, we're all know that Jisub nim was an very shy & introvert guy. His co-actress at "A Company Man" said the same. :lol:

But whatever people said, people never stopped to love him. Jisub nim has many side personality which made fans fall in a deep love to him. We can feel his warm hearted even he rare smile in front of public and like to hide his eyes with sunglasses. He was definitely soooo lovable. :wub:

And  I found that fans have many ways to show their love to our dearest ahjeossi SJS nim. I really admired them who were very brave and creative to do like that. Take a look. (Now I'm thinking how to do the same. :D)

"Braveheart Fans"

Climbing high snowy mountain to take her photos with Jisub's pic - thumbs up for this girl-

big%20fans%202.jpg

big%20fans.jpg

big%20fans%203.jpg

"Artistic Fans"

Made special necklace & ring 

sojisub%20necklace.jpg

ring%20sojisub.jpg

Thanks to echo & wma at weibo. 

• Like 3

Fans ever wrote in this forum, if I'm not forget, "If you believe in reincarnation, what will you want to become in your next life ?" I didn't write the answer coz that time I really don't know the answer. But everytime I saw Jisub nim's pic with Kiki or Kato, I feel so jealousy with those two pets. There are many many pics Jisub nim & Kiki or Kato. Than I thought, it will be very happy if in my next life I become to Kiki. 

with%20kiki%202.jpg

Imagine...I can sit very close to him, feel how he is so care to me, play & hugged by him...that's every girls dream

But then...I thought again. If I become Kiki, than..what will Jisub nim to be ?

Geeez...what if he become Kato in next life ?

Kato%20vs%20Kiki.jpg

Altough Kiki & Kato lives together, they definitely have separate lives.

An useless imagination :phew:

Happy happy Sunday all Jisub nim's fans !

• Like 1

In my worst dream I saw you all hated me my dear ladies…

*** You might say: Why would we hate you for?

*** I breathe: Yes you do, in the next minute.

*** You: Hey, what are you talking about, girl?

*** In my cutest voice I hesitate: Well, I’m just digging the past, as usual, this time about Jisub on W Magazine 2007.

*** You frown.

*** Oh, the So Jisub – Brown Bunny that is.

Now definitely I gave my head to be chewed off.

My ladies, my dearest readers on earth, please, please skip the whole huge spoiler below if you feel uncomfortable at the topic. By doing that you save both of us from embarrassments on the next days when we meet again, because I’ll talk So Jisub in Brown Bunny concept from A to Z, just this one time in my whole fan life.

You agree to skip spoiler? You are straight, I really appreciate! And for fans who are under 18 year olds, please skip this post either! Thank you!!!!

For those who would support Jisub no matter what, let me hug you tight. Let’s walk together to the end of the post my dears!

ACTOR SO JISUB in BROWN BUNNY CONCEPT 2007

The Darkest Hours

07w1.jpg

Spoiler

More than once, people asked actor So Jisub whether he’ll do “love scenes” (bed scenes) in his projects? He always smiled and said that he’s really not ready for that…

As if this shy and very careful man would give us a chance.

Yet, back in 2007, he did a few photo-shoots which indeed sent many people over the edge. With the theme "Anti-abuse to woman", 12 pages of large photos on W Magazine November 2007 issue  were done in New York by Terry Richardson on Brown Bunny concept.

Controversies exploded online even before the Magazine was actually on sale. There were a lot of bad comments. Even some fans didn't have enough faith in him but said this and that... My man was under a wrath. All he did was posing in some sensational pictures.

My dear friends, I couldn’t believe that one day I dare to talk of So Jisub and Sex  (just a bit though) at the same time. I’m startled as much as you do honestly.

As if when I was enjoying flowers and sun in a beautiful garden, suddenly someone approached and said “You forgot to give me back 500 dollars you owed me since last year…” Oh nooo, the beautiful scene and the debt collector shouldn’t appear at the same time. And my lovely So Jisub shouldn’t ever stand on the same line with something unpleasant to read.

I really expect in our current generation of fans, with your open-minded, your modern ways of thinking, your undying love for him, you will beam some lights into these darkest hours.

About Brown Bunny concept:

There was this movie Brown Bunny directed by Vincent Gallo, released at 2003 Cannes Film Festival. The film critic Roger Ebert stated that this movie was the worst film in the history of Cannes, including non-simulated sex scene (Wikipedia) The script was one of the depress ones where a motorcycle racer, who was haunted by memories of his first love, on his way to find his true love. He met three girls but at the end he's still alone on his way…

Such a summary didn’t give me the courage to watch it. And then there was Mr Terry Richardson, a pervert photographer (nymag.com) who shocked people from time to time by his strange taste of photoshoots…

Actor SJS’s agency back then was BOF, run by his close friend Bae Jong-joon. They managed for him to do these Brown Bunny shoots by Terry Richardson for W Magazine November 2007 issue, only a few months after his discharge from Military. Actor So Jisub was the first Asian celebrity who took such a challenge.

The Good (My man So Jisub) + The Bad (Concept) + The Ugly (Pervert Photographer)  = ???

The shoots

Prepare for the shoots, Jisub watched the movie many times:

*** 7 times (Soompi) or

*** 10 times (PopSeul.com).

Only him knew exactly how many time he watched it, right?

Watching such a depress film is indeed a torture if you ask me. I guess he just wanted to get “the feel” of it, to portray this abandoned guy on motorbike in New York city. If the movie was a bright and excellent one, the easy to absorbed one, probably he didn’t have to give it many tries like that.

11w-2dsojisub5.jpg

Long hair, leather jacket, tall frame, he gave a wild and dark appearance, yet very lonely.

11w-2dsojisub8.jpg

He look older than the age of 30. But who would look fresh and young when leading a meaningless life here although in Ralph Lauren suit?

11w-2dsojisub6.jpg

I remember on thefangirlverdict.com, in May.2014, Kfangurl the blogger expressed how she adores the handsome man SJS who’s full of charisma as well as passion in hip hop music. She dedicated a long article with many beautiful pictures for our SJS in one of her "Pure Pretty series". Of course SJS's shirtless images are always somethings girls examine very carefully.

She wrote: So Ji Sub has quite the glorious hot bod, and really, this section needs no introduction. There are only one thing you need to know: we’re talkin’ ’bout gorgeous, sculpted muscle. You might need a drool bucket. Or at least a napkin. Heh.

Macel, one of her follower hinted: Thanks for this post! I’m definitely drooling here… The pic above the gif is not SJS though, it has been photoshopped. Compare it to your 2nd pic in Gloriously shirtless category, look closely at his navel, they’re not the same

Kfangurl was not a bit upset but amazed: Gasp! You avid SJS fan! You do know his navel well!..

http://thefangirlverdict.com/2014/05/05/pure-pretty-so-ji-sub/

Hey my dear ladies, this is a very good chance for us to check on the famous navel on the  pictures below which I've selected the large size for our convenience (blush)

11w-2dsojisub3.jpg

From the seductive eye- browns to those streaks of hot sweat on his torso... enough to make girls staring like crazy. Oh Man, this exposure of yours was beyond sexy, believe me!

11078520_1565669370355844_938868500_n.jp

Is there anyone complain about the low pants? I’m dead at the low pants, seriously.

Refer to these photos, my dearest Japanese friend, in her cute voice, shared  the W mag 2007 photoshoot BTS funny interview on Japanese magazine Nov 2007:

Interviewer asked Jisub "They're really sensational concept for you, right?"

SJS: "That's right. Terry asked me "Pull down more, LOWER!! "
I did pull my bottom down the most (LOL) but not for his image enough yet.(That's right! Terry!!! LOL LOL)
Then Terry came up to me and pull my bottom down too LOW if I'm afraid of my overexposure!! LOL
Finally I was desperate….LOL (Good job,Jisub!! XD XD XD LOL)

Hehe, my dear friends, her LOL made me all excited. Such a naughty girl!

The truth might make you more… ahem… excited: there was no pants at all.

Let’s hear he himself revealed in an interview one year later, also for W magazine, issue Oct.2008:

*** Besides shooting poster (W Korea Nov 2007 issue Brown Bunny), how was it like working with Terry Richardson (the photographer)?

*** SJS: I heard he was someone with eccentric behavior. I also read up about him. At first I was shocked, but after that, found him interesting. It was an enjoyable job to play and work at the same time.

*** Was it stressful to deal with such a daring concept?

*** SJS: Frankly, it would be stressful if this was done in Korea. It was a whole new experience with total strangers, so it was kinda enjoyable.
It was more serious than I have thought (laughs), (the trousers) all I did was pulled it a little lower, and they fell off by themselves. So I just let it be, and went on with the photoshoot. I can’t worry too much there and then.

By the way, my dear ladies, for those who are wondering what his hands were doing there because these pics not show. Well, well, well, thank you so much for your concern to his hands' activity! Really! His hands were doing great, only a bit busy holding his precious underwear to cover himself in the chaos of this crazy working site. My poor man! (kkk...)

My ladies, should we move on from the dangerous low pants part? Actually, I grow very anxious over the next series of photos where he acted so real:

11w-2dsojisub1.jpg

11w-2dsojisub7.jpg

11w-2dsojisub2.jpg

10946472_807122929368953_1610595386_n.jp

My dears, do you feel dizzy, shock, want to puke or worse, disgusted at the sights?

No? Oh my God... Thank you! Thank you! I owe you till the end of time for not having such feelings toward our Jisub!

Why do I ask you such things? Those were the comments people wrote on them.

I’m not saying who was right or wrong. The point in saying someone else dirty sounds like "Attention, I'm the good one here!"

Hey, our parents made us in those passionate moments too, without us knowing about it of course. But I’m sure they did in much more gentle ways, with love. To press  the Magazine theme “Anti violent”, models were directed to pose very violent indeed.

I myself don’t like it. But I leave it at that and always stay on this side of a happy fan.

There were three forces in these controversies:

*** Force One: The ones who strongly stated that SJS was absolutely The Dark Lord here, who looked like a drug addict while rapping a girl violently (Hic, Jisub ah, I'm crying here) plus those fans who wrote they were much disappointed in his abuse to woman...

*** Force Two: Folks who got angry at angry people in Force One... Hey he's cool for taking the risk; He's very well done his job... "Let the man have his peace, it's not your life so stop criticizing him..."

*** Neutralists: fans who stayed calm and cool, enjoyed as much as they could the hotness at chance.

https://popseoul.wordpress.com/2007/11/29/so-ji-sub-needs-money/comment-page-1/#comments

Dear Charlesriver, a neutralist, wrote:

I see so much pain and agony in his expression, not evil.

If Ralph Lauren thinks these photos can't sell their men's wear, should they be also included for those who want to complain or boycott?

Popseoul was where some people gave comments really naïve:

“He's rapping her…”

Only if they know there were at least half of dozen people working on the shoots, let alone camera, LED lights standing around. Just because his acting looked so raw and real, they mixed models on photos with their- real life -selves which were absolutely different.

In the storm of emotion, fans also debated on the “pulling hair” and "choking the girl" parts, saying how bad these were, that they disappointed in Jisub... Wonder what would they say if Jisub was the one who been pulling hair and choked?

If in 2007 pulling hair and choking woman looked bad, then in 2015, they are still on the same bad level. However, these were illustrations for the theme "Anti-abuse to women" for crying out loud. I'm so sorry for bringing up this ugly story: The scenes in Brown Bunny film were worse. This girl Daisy was raped at a party where her boyfriend did not intervene but leaving. He came back a bit later only to learn that she was dead. She had passed out prior to the rape then choked to death on her own vomit... (Wikipedia)

There was a big W. Why did people make such film? Why did they make such photoshoots? Why did actor SJS take such a risk in his career? Fans did draft a letter to his agency BOF to let them know that they didn't make a great choice for him at all.

That what happened on those English websites. How did South Korean people react to this issue?

*** Dear Saturn shared: "Not only the fans, but also newspaper articles, can't find any negative opinion. A person from W said " Terry Richardson said that So Ji Sub's looking and acting was as unique and attractive as Johnny Depp. It was new trial, so it was difficult challenge, but he showed detailed charisma and acting ability as a pro."

*** JDX, another soompier also informed:
It was exactly same thing in Japanese official fan site.

Most of them only focused on how beautiful Jisub was...how great actor he was in the magazine...how well he translated his emotions with his fingers...

I was a kind of the only one who actually mentioned how sickening some pics were. When I talked about "glorification of sexual violence", the owner of the BOARD completely deleted it as a slander^^;; That's how things work in Korea and Japan, I suppose.

I've enclosed in the next little spoiler fan's letter to BOF in case you want to read it my dears. I'm not sure the letter was sent to whom were concerned or not. After 8 year, you still feel the heat at how these fans sternly hoped there will be no such mistake happen again.

Spoiler

Credit to Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2007/10/of-all-the-sources-of-inspiration-they-picked-that-one/

42 thunderbolt November 1st, 2007 at 11:08 PM

Thanks, sarahbeans, for letting me post the following here. *muah* This is the letter that Dahee Fanel drafted on behalf of Jisub Addicts Club. We are sending the Korean version to BOF, SJS’s mamagement agency.

To BOF:

We are writing to inform you of our sentiments and thoughts on a recent photoshoot Mr. So did for W magazine. When these photos were released to the public, we were shocked and dismayed. Unlike his other magazine photoshoots, this one produced photos that were vulgar, almost pornographic, and, more importantly, were highly insulting to our sensibilities as defenders of women. A few of these photographs displayed Mr. So performing what looked like highly violent and misogynistic sex with a female victim – they show him pulling her hair, silencing her by placing his hand over her mouth, and choking her. As people who believe in the fair and equal treatment of women all over the world, they were highly disturbing to see, and incited our shared anger and immense sorrow.

우리가 이런 글 쓰는것은 요즘 W 잡지에 찍은 소지섭씨의 사진에 대해서 당신들께 우리의 마음을 알리고 싶어서입니다. 그 사진들이 대중에 처음으로 공개됐을때 그 전에 나왔던 다른 사진들과 너무도 달라 우리는 큰 충격으로 경악했습니다. 이 사진들은 강도, 혹은 거의 포르노 수준 이었습니다. 더욱 중요한건 감수성이 예민한 여자들에게 큰 모욕을 주었다는 것입니다. 어떤 사진들은 대단히 강압적, 폭력적으로 피해 여자와 성행위를 하면서 그 여자의 머리칼을 잡고 입을 막고 또는 목을조르기도 합니다. 세상의 모든 여자들은 남녀가 동등한 대접을 받을 자격이 있다고 믿는데 이런 사진들은 우리에게 큰 분노와 슬픔을 주었습니다.

As a celebrity and as a public figure, So Ji Sub has a responsibility to refrain from sending out negative and harmful messages to those who are susceptible to them. And we cannot understand why BOF would arrange for a photoshoot with Mr. Richardson, when he is well-known for taking “shocking” photographs just for the pleasure of shocking others, and is by no means a universally loved figure in the world of photography. Perhaps you meant to bestow upon Mr. So an honour, for being the first Asian star to work with Mr. Richardson. Sadly, this is not strictly the case.

소지섭씨는 공인이기 때문에 사진을 통해서 그런 나쁜 메세지를 보내서는 안된다고 생각합니다. 왜냐면 그걸 따라하는 사람이 있을수 있기 때문에. 그리고 우리는 BOF가 왜 Mr. Terry Richardson 같은 평판이 나쁘고 사람들을 놀래키기 위해서 쇼킹한 사진만 찍는 그런 사람과 작업을 했는지 이해할수 없습니다. BOF는 Richardson이 유명해서 그와 소지섭이 첫 동양인으로 일하는걸 영광으로 생각했을지 모르지만 그렇게 생각지 않는 사람들도 많습니다.

As his highly devoted and longtime fans, this has been a hard and cruel blow, one we cannot possibly come to easily understand or accept. We are letting you know that this is not a universally loved photoshoot, and that this was certainly not the best decision a management company has made for So Ji Sub. We are letting you know that you have made a deep, lasting mistake, one that we cannot forget. We are letting you know that we are angry, and we will not remain silent on this issue.

그동안 오랫동안 소지섭씨를 좋아하고 아껴왔던 팬들에게 이건 큰 충격이었습니다. 이건 쉽게 이해할수 없는 부분 입니다. 그 사진들은 모든 사람들이 좋아하지 않을거라고 생각하고 이번 사진작업은 BOF에 큰 실수라고 생각합니다. 우리는 지금 대단히 화가난 상태고 잊지 않을것이며 그리고 조용히 있을수도 없게 됐습니다.

Please take care not to make another such mistake. We wish the best for So Ji Sub. We do not wish to see him alienated from his fans, or to see his career taken in a morally corrupt direction.

제발 이런 실수는 다시 하지 마시기 바랍니다. 우리는 소지섭씨에게 좋은일만 생기기 바라며 팬들과 멀어지지 않고 나쁜 커리어가 따라붙는걸 원치않습니다.

Thank you for reading.

읽어주셔서 감사합니다.

Jisub Addicts Club
http://www.jisubaddicts.com

Our story ends here, my dear friends. I don't want to depress you in anyway, really. Our SJS stories should be the bright and lovely ones only. But sometimes, the reality seemed prevent us from doing so. After reading a couple of hundreds comments on SJS Brown Bunny I've just simply wanted to defend our man.

Thank you for giving me this chance!

Thank you for your patient, your time, your sympathy all the way long to read it!

I want to roar my thanks like a lion but I'm just this kitten with my little meow meow that might bugging you.

Mathi is always a coward little fan. Maybe I'll hike to the top of the mountain to hide just in case some scary reactions happen after this post. As the end, there are a few favourite words I want to say:

For all of the spicy stories at your present make me never ever bored, Jisub ah, actor So Jisub, saranghaeyo!!!

namlun18.gif 

• Like 4

@mathi ... oh you roar... maybe you just don't realise it (still love you, you know)

Well, imo is better to have the guts to take chances than do safe things for the rest of your life... good for you So Ji Sub!

OMG i have so much to catch up....  I strated with the end :))

Edited by PaulaC
  • Like 5

@mathi... thank you for explaining this clearly to us. I would be a hypocrite if I'd say I wasn't disturbed when I saw these photos a long time ago and with a caption that says Ji  Sub needs money. I was really aghast when I saw it. I'm glad to know that Ji Sub Addicts Club have written a protest against his former agency and I agree with them. We all know that So Ji Sub is a nonconformist. He is a unique person. And I love him more for that.

@PaulaC... welcome back! We miss you here!

• Like 3

Guest sugarmay

dear @mathi, First of all,I should say “Thank you so much, mathi for giving us this chance to know about background of W korea 2007,

and also you reminded us the most necessary things how we should behave as fans!!”

I really love W 2007 why it had a typical expression of Jisub, just a his own style,stance,flavor

..honest,humble,pure..we can touch them indeed.

Actually this concept,Brown Bunny,on W 2007 was so sensational,

therefore it might had people divided between those who like it and who hate it..

However…I really adore his brave challenges,his curious about new fields,willpower to not fear or be upset by anything.

Honestly,I guess because it was So Ji Sub…could give his expression ,his own style,with getting this concept right.^^

dear @PaulaC, dear @proserpinaespiritu, Thank you so much dear ladies for giving me/us the strength.

You reminded us the necessary thing…It is better to have the guts to take chances.

@mathi…Thanks to mathi’s great bravery,I (maybe you too)  had a chance to know that all of ladies here really really adore and love SJS.

Great for you,@mathi…Bravo,your Big fight!! ^^

FIGHTING, all ladies!!
w07_zps3k2vbhur.jpg

Brown Bunny.....hmmmm

The case has been invite debate continusly for years. My first reaction when knew this case was : Why should use Terry? Doesn't he a photographer who has very much controversy? On the other side, many people defended him as a photographer with different tastes of artistic. But on the other hand, many models told that he has considered sexual harassment.
Honestly I really do not like with that photoshoot, not because the almost nude scene or sexual scene. Sex is not something taboo, isn't it? In my opinion, there is no art value in the photoshoot. First, Jisub's appereance was too gloomy, with all that long hair & moustache, he looked so old. But it's okay, maybe because his role was a desperate motor racer, a broken heart guy. Than... the application of the realistic concept couldn't add the art's value. There are some concepts may more vulgar than Brown Bunny, but with the right artistic touch, it looks beautiful. 

My instincts protecting Jisub nim made me wonder, "Was Jisub become the next victim of Terry?"

I don't want to blame BOF, W magazine or Jisub nim. Perhaps they didn't necessarily receive the detailed from Terry. The number of complaints against Terry explaining how he works, doesn't it ?
Well lets consider this as part of Jisub 's career.

For a sex scene in the movie, I would not mind he doing as long as there was an artistic touch and necessary indeed. Her co-actress must also be able to act too. Han Hyoo Joo & Kim Ha Neul had done very good. Just my oppinion, for example Song Seung Heun's co-actress at Obssesed was...sorry to say...bad in acting. It does not create added value to the movie. Just like cooking recipes, all must fit. 

Happy Beautiful Monday ! 

• Like 2

Good morning beautiful ladies of the SJS thread, thank you so much for the love and continued adoration of our gorgeous man SJS....Its so wonderful to see some of the old come back, YAY to @proserpinaespiritu. thank you for your sweet comments, also to @PaulaC, good to see you here too again......@innerchild....WOW!, thank you so much, I am in awe of you being in Serbia, so far and yet so near. WOW!...I have enjoyed too what you bring to the thread and with all the new updates, I assumed you resided in SK...., wah....isnt it amazing how this wonderful man can bring the world together, just by his mere presence, allowing folks from far and wide, from different paths, from different cultures, come together to unite and excite, discuss and adore all things SJS...brilliant, absolutely....YAY!!

My dearest and sweet @mathi, working so diligently and so confidently and sweetly.....always a pleasure reading your wonderful insights and drooling over your beautiful pictures, and then fantasising with you in your happy dreams.....continue to do great work, much appreciated, absolutely!.....YAH!!

My wonderful and brilliant-minded beautiful @sugarmay....kamsamnida, thank you for your kind words, always....My thoughts and prayers are with you always....and you know what, I was like OMG, I actually have a fan, really....LOL!!!...hahahaha, so sweet and generous of you....I was so humbled by your words....kamsa, but Im the fan here.....YAY!!

So I guess someone would need to make a request with the moderators then...okay, FIGHTING LADIES!! you can do this....I think by changing the title to the thread with all his new and current events as they happen, allows all peeps to be up-to-date with SJS schedule, just my thoughts anyway.....please please, kamsa...

WOW....I am having so much fun now, the vibrancy of this new thread is amazing, thank you so much ladies, fantastic work absolutely! I have enjoyed being a silent lurker these past few months, and yet it is always nice to  resurface again, from time to time....YAY!!....continue to do great work, absolutely!.....

When I think of our SJS, I feel warm inside every single time. When I am feeling sad and down, I listen to "Yukinohana" which SJS sang in Japan at one of his FM, and this strengthens me every single time. Heres a song that I have been listening to lately, which made me think, life is so precious, every single moment of our lives should be embraced....we should always treat it like theres no tomorrow....sigh, SJS is a unique and versatile man, with such humility and grace, so much to give to others.....sigh, I just want to "Love with no Regrets" because every single day should be appreciated and not taken for granted.....enjoy...

"Like Im Gonna Lose You...." by Meighan Trainor and John Legend.

https://youtu.be/DC8FsldVi9Y

SJS FIGHTING!!

NB: Please continue to pray for the families of those affected by tragedy and loss in the Phillipines, Tunisia & Nepal.

• Like 4

An old article but worth to read again to know more about Jisub nim....

SO Ji-sub of A Company Man

by LEE Eun-seon / 10.23.2012

I want to play a character with strong emotional expression 

VrylsxKaMGjuQbnrbZLv.jpg

The emotion that best matches JI Hyeong-do of A Company Man is loneliness. He has no family. He doesn’t talk a lot. Even in the metro packed with passengers heading home during the rush hour, he is not connected to anyone else, so he looks as if he was an island floating around. SO Ji-sub said he could understand JI without difficulty; “He is pretty much like me. He eats alone, walks alone and stays home alone like me. Keeping a letter of resignation with him all the time is also similar to me.” Good understanding of the character helped him quickly melt in the story.

It didn’t take him many hours to decide to be in A Company Man after reading the scenario. Unlike what most people would predict, he didn’t hit upon The Man From Nowhere (2010) once while reading it. He even finds it strange that people often associate A Company Man with The Man From Nowhere; “Initially, I didn’t take it that way, but after shooting started, as I heard people saying so more and more, I could understand why they wanted make such a comparison. In fact, I lately watched The Man From Nowhere again. I was curious why so many people were saying the same thing. But don’t you feel they are so different after watching them?” He is right. A Company Man and The Man From Nowhere are totally different from each other. The only thing in common if I’m forced to fine one might be great action by the best actor of the time.

Action suits SO quite well. Even in a melodrama Always (2011), he appeared as a mixed martial arts fighter. It just suited him. However, SO doesn’t quite agree. While people say his action is ‘picturesque moves’, he says it is ‘art of editing’; “I’m very clumsy and sluggish. I have to practice really hard for action scenes.” Then he might look great with action by virtue of outstanding physical ratio and the air he was born with; “It is really strange. When I stared acting, I was a typical actor with an unfavorable impression, but all of a sudden, I started being called a ‘good looking’ actor. I want to be remembered as an actor who knows how to act though.”

He has no need to worry. He is never regarded as a handsome actor with no acting skill. He definitely isn’t. A Company Man assures once again that he truly is a good actor. Even at scenes where the story develops in a bad way and the construction is loose, it is clear to see that he is so sincere in front of camera at every moment. No matter how the story flew, his acting never looked awkward; “Then I’m relieved. I think it is a problem if I always look nice whatever role I play. I don’t want to limit the scope of my acting.” In that case, the easiest thing an actor can do is intentionally messing up with his appearance. However, sometimes it can be the worst mistake. SO seconds that; “That’s something I don’t want to do. I won’t try to look different. I am thinking about changing my acting style though. I want to do something else than saying less, looking cold, restricting emotional expressions, using eye and so on. I want to play a character with very strong emotional expression.”

SIQlGtIWfdaDQVuNUtfI.jpg

There are a couple of rules he abides by. He has two most fundamental rules. He always keeps promises and never lies; “I think I have been late for appointments fewer than 10 times in my life. Every time I was late, it was inevitable. It is partly because I got into a habit of being on time by steadily practicing (swimming) from when I was a kid to the age around 20. Anyway, I usually try to move as early as possible.” His daily routine is so sound and neat that it even feels boring; “When I have no plan shooting on schedule, I go to the office, eat with colleagues and meet do excercise and meet friends in the evening. This is my life pattern. I try not to break the pattern.”

Having so tight and stubborn rules of life means concentration on himself. SO says he trusts his feelings the most when it comes down to the choice of work; “I have my own rules when choosing work. Most of all, it has to be fun. I don’t like it when viewers eyes are scattered a lot. My most favorite type is a story where the protagonist keeps on running after a certain goal from the beginning to the end.”

This is why he chose A Company Man; “I won’t tell you the title, but there was one and only work that I decided to be in after other people’s recommendation. It was a failure after all. Then I learned a lesson that my choice is not necessarily right but it is not a good idea either to be easily influenced by others.” On the other hand, many of works he selected by himself were successful. He explains with a big smile; “There are many of them. I don’t expect to gain good responses from the beginning. I know it’s a bad habit, but I always start thinking the worst case. It helps me find good solutions. I start moving after my worries are gone.” When he said he is sluggish, he meant this.

SO has been running a one man entertainment company, 51K for 3 years. He answered to my question about management of the company; “I never do what I don’t know about. I am aware of everything that goes around my company.” Now he looks like a serious executive. I even thought he probably founded the company to make decisions at will. “Ha ha, you think so, don’t you? But I cannot be like that any more. I become careful and prudent more and more as I age. I’m not afraid of taking responsibility though. I’m almost 35 now. I thought I would become more unstable if I work for a company and leave. I’m fortunate enough to have many fans yet, so I decided to establish a company to firm my status. Popularity will eventually fade.” Where does he think his current status is at?; “I don’t think I’ve come as far as I can, but at the same time, I can fall down at any moment. I know it very well I was not a top star from the beginning. I also know what it is like to be poor and how I can deal with fear.” He gathers breath before continuing the talk; “Being obsessed with the current status and afraid of losing it makes one crazy. It really does.”

The days SO had to act for money is long gone; “Had I been doing it for money, I would do whatever it takes to make money. But that’s not what I want. If I’m not honest with my acting, I’m cheating the audiences.” Then what about commercials? Whereas he often looks melancholy in films, he is rather bright and mild in commercial films; “Right, maybe I do commercials for money. Ha ha. Yet commercial films helped me a lot. People used to see me as a gloomy and dark person, but I could shed such image by virtue of commercials. I never knew people would like underwear commercials so much” All the extra work such as recording hip-hop music, publishing a magazine and running a cafe was for his own satisfaction. As far as he thinks, ‘acting’ is his only job; “I do all those activities because I like to do. If I considered them as ‘work’, I couldn’t, and I won’t. I don’t want to be stressed out.” If he says he won’t, he surely won’t; “Of course I won’t. I told you I never lie.

Source : http://koreanfilm.or.kr/webzine/sub/interview.jsp?mode=A_VIEW&wbSeq=27

• Like 4

Ummmm, okay ladies miane, well that didnt work....@mathi, how do you bring something from YT to the thread, soooo frustrating....!! Not my forte....! (ARH!)

I just read your 'Brown Bunny 2007' @mathi...WOW, you are so brave girl!....much kudos to you, brilliant story, absolutely!...Seeing our SJS present such 'controversial' if you like pics to the world, just makes me want to salute him even more, and give him lots of hugs!! OMG! SJS...such a strong and unique man, absolutey! Always striving to challenge the norm, because absolutely, SK would frown upon such behaviour perhaps...and look, even today, 8 years later, just by being shown again here, there is discussion erupting, mixed emotions.....Love your work my sweet @mathi, absolutely!!

@sojisubaddicted....WOW....another line of discussion, YAY!, I love discussions and 'debates'....I like what you have written in regards to our SJS doing the 'Brown Bunny 2007" photo shoot with this out-there-contentious photographer Terry Richardson. To choose SJS to achieve the concept he was trying to portray was to me, a great challenge and opportunity for SJS to undertake. Im sure at the time, SJS agency BOF as well as SJS himself, knew and understood what the reaction/s would be, internationally and most particularly within SK, being made aware of the risks perhaps of what this could do to his career, and yet, SJS, being the versatile and creative man that he is, accepted it without incident.....I mean, the manner in which people around you may choose to influence ones actions, perhaps deemed somewhat influential in this case, but Im sure SJS at that time took it as another challenge in his career.....

From what I can see in these pictures, an art and ability of a man to create such substance in just one shot is just truly amazing.  I mean, look at how much discussion and impact such strong photo clips have created. I guess people were not used to seeing an Asian man in such up-front-opposing-yet-brave clips. This was probably a new facet that viewers were being exposed to. I guess too being that it was SJS, gave the photos more presence I guess, and more to talk about. Here was a beautiful actor, top celebrity star, portrayed as a down-with-luck-motorbike-rider-and-lost-in-love guy who had nothing to lose, and a sensuality on screen that was evocative and so powerful....hmmm, but what I couldnt understand was, the Ralph Lauren suits, ummmm, huh!! Being able to create such astonishing yet eye-catching and sensational photos is an art that only SJS can master, and that too is what Terry Richardson believed....and, happily achieved...

I guess there are things in life that we can look back on and say, yep, 'been there, done that"...dont need to go there anymore, with no regrets. Life is too short to ponder. One must achieve all they want to do, embrace the fullness of life and create happiness and love every single moment......Im so proud of SJS, for his achievements, goals and success's of life. SJS, he is such a humble, gorgeous and gracious man. SJS has always been confident in the decisions and choices that he has made in his career and we as fans have seen the fruits of his labour by enjoying the many beautiful CFs (and then running out and buying the products ie fridges), like a crazy-woman would do...LOL, or re-watching all those fabulous melo dramas....(tuning in to Masters Sun every other weekend....), listening to SJS hip hop (and even becoming a new Hip Hop crazed fan....just because)....or even being lucky in attending the FM's and seeing him up-close-and-personal.....sigh!....WE FANS ARE SO LUCKY, ABSOLUTELY!!!....

So thank you, kamsamnida, for all the choices SJS has made in his journey of becoming a Top Celebrity Star. SJS was already a well-rounded-cultured-humble-and-vibrant man before being in the limelight, and because of all these virtues, SJS has proven his right to success. ....YAY!

Thank you SJS for all your great work, we as fans appreciate you! Looking forward to your FM's in Japan, Taiwan and Shanghai.....SJS FIGHTING!!

EVERYBODY FIGHTING!!!

• Like 4