So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

June 24, 2010

The first glimpse of Road No. 1

Road No 1 makes its debut yesterday and scored 11.2 (Nationwide) 12.2 (Seoul) according to TNS and 9.1 (Nationwide) according to AGB. Nope .. I have not seen it yet.

There are raves and rants from netizens but what is hot at the moment is the following screen caps.

A scene when Soo-Yeon (Kim Ha-Neul) breast-feeds a baby. The netizens (Im sure its the guys) are more interested to know if its really Kim Ha-Neul’s breast that is shown on TV (hahhahaha) and others would like to know how could she have any milk when she is not lactating?

road1j.jpg

True, that is not her child. She volunteered to look after the baby and when he/she starts to cry she offers her breast just so she could soothe the baby. Then Tae-Ho (Yoon Kye-Sang) walks in. He falls in love with her at the sight of her feeding the baby. Dont blame him, she looks so angelic.

Credit : KoreanDiorama'sBlog

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why am I so behind.... huhuhuhu Im so mad at myself.... been so busy , I was likeohmy.gif those pix are so tasty! thanks for serving, hahahhaah it looks appetizer to me, so yummy coz Im starving to see more...lolz

... its really I dont know how to explain more, its just thank thank u to all., those press con pix and screening pix, based on the pix I guess the three of them get along after the filming....

Oh SJS u make my sleepless night again...lolz.... I must catch this thread again... I can now go to bed with satisfaction...lolwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

love u all jisubers chingu!

*** Hopefully, this drama will catch-up its ratings later. I think this is something to do with the kind of viewership that this kind of genre has - most men dig this kind of drama, an action/war while women adore a melodrama/romantic one. Women have all the time in the world to watch TV while men prefer other hobby aside from sitting & watching TV. Like me, I don't dig action movies/dramas for that matter but since SJS is in it I need to watch it later on. :mellow:<_<

Road No. 1 premier numbers lower than expected

June 24th, 2010 // by javabeans

baker-road1.jpg

Road No. 1 premiered this week, and despite all the fanfare over its cast and 13 billion won budget, the first two episodes brought in a 9.2% and 9.1%, respectively. Not horrible numbers, but lower than hoped, certainly. Especially considering that competitor drama Baker King Kim Tak-gu on KBS climbed even higher with a 27.1% and 31.1%.

SBS, meanwhile, postponed Bad Guy once again to air World Cup games, and the highlights program and the Slovakia-Italy game recorded respective numbers of 7.3% and 11.4%.

Normally I wouldn’t say that Road’s numbers are such a bad thing for an epic drama, as those sprawling blockbuster series usually take a little time to build and tend to increase later on. (See: East of Eden, Giant.) However, note that Road No. 1 is a 16-episode miniseries, and as it has already completed 100% of its filming, the possibility of an extension is not on the table.

This is also interesting because next week Bad Guy will resume, and before its repeated pre-emptions, it was pulling in 13%-15% numbers. It remains to be seen how much it will cut into the other two competitors — or if its constant delays will have taken the zip out of people’s interest. Some disgruntled and vocal viewers have complained that SBS is making it particularly difficult to watch Bad Guy, so the broadcaster responded by scheduling a “special broadcast” of Bad Guy this weekend. On the 27th, they will air a two-hour program that reviews the plot of the first five episodes, in time for Episode 6 to resume on June 30.

Via E Daily

[REVIEW] TV series "Road No.1" - Premiere episode

2010062516064601297_1.jpg

A scene from TV series "Road No.1" [MBC]

"Road No.1" - Premiere episode (MBC TV, 9:55 PM)

The blood of a fellow soldier runs beside a man who has survived death by a thread. The shaking hand which will never be able to paint again. The look in the eye of a betrayed man who leaves the woman he loves in the fire. The wheeled cannon tank approaching the two men, who face a war before battling each other over one woman. These are several scenes that sum up the premiere episode of TV series "Road No.1."

Instead of explaining the story or describing the situations, "Road No.1" reveals emotions among the characters and their circumstances with short dialogue and images of certain moments. The love between Soo-yeon (played by Kim Ha-neul), the daughter of the master, and Jang-woo (played by So Ji-sub), the son of the servant, begins during their childhood as something of a compassion. Over the years, it changes into a heated passion that cannot be cooled by a shower of rain.

However, "Road No.1" omits showing viewers the process of their changing emotions and only shows their happy, shining days together and painful moments of the breakup. It is definitely unkind to play out the story like this, going onto the next phase of the story without providing ample explanation of the previous. But in a drama where the melodramatic structure between characters Jang-woo, Soo-yeon and Tae-ho (played by Yoon Kye-sang) has to be set up before the war breaks out and breaks up the three characters, perhaps such storytelling was absolutely necessary. The relationship between Jang-woo and Tae-ho, who had displayed subtle tension after only meeting three or four times, will be a key element in not turning the melodrama of "Road No.1" into a cliche.

And what is left now in the show is the war. Will the war in "Road No.1" merely be a collection of spectacles and the setting of its melodrama? Or will it be a 'real' war of people who had lived and are still living in this land, which had the Korean War only sixty years ago and makes the experience all the more painful? It will be all right to wait and see how it turns out. Because the war in "Road No.1" has just begun.

- Written by Yoonina (TV critic)

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010062517023861203

Hi all !

It's a beautiful saturday to start watching oppa's new drama :rolleyes:

Good watching to all of you ! I'll come to comment the first episode. Kisses .

And .. THX FOR ALL WHO GIVE US THE UPDATES ..

Waves to coco , woundedheart , willenette , saturn , khin , forevergirl , and all .

Guest sonicklism

Just notice "51K tag" at the end of each episode before the preview of next episode.

Saturn onni...is it something like "brought to you by...(51K)".

Can't read Korean hi hi.

Guest sonicklism

Just having lunch with Jisub's fan club at Korean Town in my country.

Then stopped by a Korean grocery story there and wow!!

The Korean owner was openning Road No.1 that she also downloaded like us.

How amasing !!! Felt like finding another fan club there.

Update Cast (with name+pic.)

http://asianmediawiki.com/Road_No._1

*** Oh, why only now, huh? The rumour had passed quite for a long while........ I like their chemistry in that drama. I hope he could find a girl now who could love & take care of him. blush.gif:D

So Ji Sub says sorry to Han Ji Min

20100628_sojisub_hanjimin_1-e1277714418251-460x432.jpg

Remember when it was rumored back in December that So Ji Sub would be getting married to Han Ji Min? Well, So Ji Sub has finally come out to address the issue.

So Ji Sub and Han Ji Min’s agencies had denied the rumor of them dating and getting married at the time, and So Ji Sup himself confessed on the 28th after 6 whole months that it was indeed true.

He said, “It’s getting really hard for me to fall in love as I grow older. And regarding the scandal between me and Han Ji Min late last year, it’s not a relationship so the fact that it even blew up into a marriage, I’m at a loss of words.”

He stated, “It hurts my heart when I hear Han Ji Min’s name. She went through a hard time because of me. Han Ji Min, I’m sorry we couldn’t get closer.”

The two celebrities played lovers in SBS drama Cain and Abel and their chemistry led to people speculating that they were also dating off-screen.

Meanwhile, So Ji Sup is currently starring in MBC drama Road Number One where he’s playing the main officer Lee Jang Woo.

Source : allkpop

He said, “It’s getting really hard for me to fall in love as I grow older. And regarding the scandal between me and Han Ji Min late last year, it’s not a relationship so the fact that it even blew up into a marriage, I’m at a loss of words.”

He stated, “It hurts my heart when I hear Han Ji Min’s name. She went through a hard time because of me. Han Ji Min, I’m sorry we couldn’t get closer.”

Good, I'm glad he addressed this situation. It's better for celebrities to be open and honest. They don't have to betray their own privacy or the privacy of others, but rumors should be shot down in a sincere manner and quickly. Too bad it took 6 months.

Yeah, my heart hurts too when I hear her name...but for an entirely different reason, LOL. :phew:

Guest khin myint

*** Oh, why only now, huh? The rumour had passed quite for a long while........ I like their chemistry in that drama. I hope he could find a girl now who could love & take care of him. blush.gif:D

So Ji Sub says sorry to Han Ji Min

He state : SORRY :huh: WHY NOW!!! :unsure:

He state : WE COULDN'T GET CLOSER :huh: COULDN'T OR SHOULDN'T OR WOULDN'T ??? blush.gif

Thanks sis willenette for sharing article dear :)

Guest sonicklism

He state : SORRY :huh: WHY NOW!!! :unsure:

He state : WE COULDN'T GET CLOSER :huh: COULDN'T OR SHOULDN'T OR WOULDN'T ??? blush.gif

Thanks sis willenette for sharing article dear :)

I do have same doubts. Hope Saturn can help us clearify this article. Some words in this article are obscure.

[it certainly unfair if he did dating with her and finally broke up just becouse of marriage rumor.]

from another source : 10Asia

So Ji-sub says felt bad for Han Ji-min over marriage rumor

20100621095758058562209_00000002_1_PA.jpg

Korean actor So Ji-sub has said that he "felt bad" for actress Han Ji-min, his co-star in last year's TV series "Cain and Abel," about their marriage rumors last year.

The actor made the remark during an interview with Asia Economic Daily on Monday, speaking up about the rumor for the first time.

"I don't know why such talk came up. First came the marriage rumor and that there would a press conference the following day in regards to it but no reporter actually knew about it," explained the actor. "I even saw a photo referring to what they called a couple ring but there was no such thing."

"I felt bad for her [referring to Han Ji-min] because [marriage rumors] could be fatal for an actress," So said.

Last August, reports said the two stars were dating, but So and Han had both denied any romantic involvement through their agencies.

"I really want to meet a woman now. My idea of an ideal woman changes but I want someone who is very understanding and comfortable to be around," So added.

So, 32, is one of the most popular actors in Korea who has appeared in numerous TV dramas and movies since his debut in 1995. He became a household name in Asia with the back-to-back success of "Something Happened in Bali" (SBS, 2004) and "I'm Sorry, I Love You" (KBS, 2004).

He currently stars in MBC's war drama "Road No.1," playing a soldier who is madly in love with one woman, played by actress Kim Ha-neul.

Reporter : Park So-yoen muse@

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010062911120041343

Annyeoung :)

haven't been here for so long...thanks everyone for all pretty updating ^^

Love lastest from press .... his hair style remind me to Drama 2002 Dating now :D younger each day our oppa :rolleyes:

finally we can watch Road No.1 >> Thank saturn. for Korean digtation ...

Lee Jang woo capp by me

:wub:

roadno.1.e01.100623.hdtv.x264.720phan.avi_001865065.jpg

roadno.1.e01.100623.hdtv.x264.720phan.avi_001866966.jpg

roadno.1.e01.100623.hdtv.x264.720phan.avi_001868868.jpg

roadno.1.e01.100623.hdtv.x264.720phan.avi_001888421.jpg