So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

nothing to be sorry sonicklism dear! :)

forgote to post this another pic of W magazine

bi60eqsjhhi6nlwqxh.jpg

I'm still not sure about this one but from facebook:

Magazine cover: Marie Claire (special issue only for BIFF)

7tvt1hfyzy5u6wdod.jpg

am going to sleep ... hope for sweet Jisuby dreams! :D *waves* to all <3 ~

Guest charlesriver

sarvin, here is the link you want. Glad to be any help to you dear.

Thanks for clarifying Jisub's comment. I'm sure his words got twisted. He got so little sleep these days no wonder he felt a little down or vacant. Some rest will do him good. Hope the new movie shooting schedules allow that. No doubt the pressure of the "Only you" at the box offices is heavy on his mind right now. He has come a long way, 15 years in this brutal besiness. I'm sure he'll survive. Some soul searching and time off will be good for him. Next year?!

hello frens..i'm 1 of SJS fan too..will fly to seoul on 25.10-1.11..hopefully i can visit his twosome place cafe..will share the pics here...hopefully can meet him there..hehehe..wish me luck! :) anyone know if i can leave his birthday gift there?can't go to his office..so sorry for my poor english.. :sweatingbullets:

thank you CR dear ^_^

yes! I hope he pay more attention to his health after The Employee shooting!!

hi LS_EC ... wellcome here , your first post & such great news! ^_^ I wish you can see him :rolleyes: and share your sweet moments with us here :rolleyes:

I just can help you with the address of 51K office if you want to mail the bd gift

259-12 Nonhyeon-dong , Gangnam-gu , Seoul , Korea 135-010

6xbqcs905ux3r4av4juh.png

some pix from 51K ... credit as labeled

onr53dg3lsmgnfvb0vo5.jpg

oxhf7tin49u29z4zjbx.jpg

cy4dntotpgz3wjh0h2iu.jpg

cntwqniv2x37wakxe0r9.jpg

lzmdndlitol5mi88h1ra.jpg

2ruhfxy6iu29g3d8l0rs.jpg

s60dqrtib8vo5plwlxp.jpg

eee1tpp1q1zn3mo9mw9f.jpg

o1rbr42lrygbjii2feo.jpg

yp4iw19zgcqeeb6sk0b.jpg

aaiuo0zpud3ohi9ne1r.jpg

wuyxdqjt5nz79hcncnqs.jpg

deivxlrca8uzo0wo0f0.jpg

mlz0xjbj9huegr87d6l.jpg

another new pix of <Only You / Always> from baidu

q95juii9wjwe4i12tm6.jpg

2d7a9ndcmnmlp485rew1.jpg

oma5b3ax10ot1x3af86.jpg

HHJ's birthday? real one or is in the movie? ^_^

wvx7l6bo0orr9wq186gr.jpg

oczgln4lg2e4tiep5d0f.jpg

s2c1aqnazpukxcbn91q9.jpg

SJS pix for Z_Zin no.6

first one by Mariko dear and another from baidu

h324mjug261a31b1sopb.jpg

w00t.gifsweatingbullets.gif

122hut4ocn3ffer7j8h.jpg

... and finally could find this one :wub: I was eager to know why SJS went to the side to talk with reporters , awwwww lovely wink :D

check it @DC

Guest charlesriver

hello frens..i'm 1 of SJS fan too..will fly to seoul on 25.10-1.11..hopefully i can visit his twosome place cafe..will share the pics here...hopefully can meet him there..hehehe..wish me luck! :) anyone know if i can leave his birthday gift there?can't go to his office..so sorry for my poor english.. :sweatingbullets:

You are so lucky!!!

Here is the map in Korean. There are transportation info too. Good luck LS_EC.

51K cafe is located at Seoul, South Korea서울시 강남구 신사동 602번지 CGV 압구정점 신관 1층

(602 Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul CGV apgujeongjeom Annex 1F, translated by google so not 100% sure)

For those who needs the info from Incheon International Airport to 51K Cafe, take the airport exit 5 or 11, take the 6010 bus route with direct access to Apgujeong, fare 15,000 won, get off, # 731 metro station should be nearby, turn left when see the McDonalds sign. (src: sjs bar@baidu)

so CR dear , the address under 51K.com is the past address? :blink:

want to re-post from HHJ thread to here

thanks to kozuesan

Here's the translation to the "Always" press conference which took place last October 6....

· Pressconference took place after a press screening of "Always" at the 2011Busan International Film Festival on October 6, 2011. Appearing as speakers arethe movie's director Song Il-Gon, lead actress Han Hyo-Joo and lead actor SoJi-Sub . AsianMediaWiki editor Ki Mun was there and transcribed/translated thesession.

· SongIl-Gon - I feel nervous because this movie is being shown for the first timeand I'm curious how people will react. Me, So Ji-Sub, Han Hyo-Joo and all thestaff members tried to make this movie with all of our hearts. I'm honored toshow this movie here.

· HanHyo-Joo - Hello, I'm Han Hyo-Joo who played Jung-Hwa in the movie. I'm alsonervous since this movie is being shown for the first time. We made this moviewith all of our hearts, so hopelly the public will like the movie.

· SoJi-Sub - Hello, I'm So Ji-Sub who played Cheol-Min in the movie. I just watchedthe movie for the first time, so I'm still trying to get over the emotions. I'mcurious what people will think about after the movie. I think our movie is aclassic, heart-breaking movie, but also a very warm movie. Thank you.

· PressQuestion - To the director, this movie seems different from your perviousmovies. When you made this movie what things did you focus on?

· SongIl-Gon - It took one week to write down the original script, but after that, Iwanted to make the movie a love story with a city backdrop. The idea for thefilm started from Charlie Chaplin's "City Lights." Charlie Chaplinloves a blind woman and would do anything for her. The idea started from that.It's one of my favorite movies. The background of the movie is 2010 in Seoul. Aman loves a woman and sacrifice himself for her. A woman waits for himsincerely and loves him deeply. The movie is very classic and a simple storywhich has been made in various forms for a long time, so I cared most about thecharacters. How the main characters Ha Jung-Hwa and Jang Cheol-Min move theaudience. This movie relies on these 2 characters a lot. They (at least one ofthem) appear in every scene in the movie. Their emotions are the basis for themovie - past, present and future. The most important thing was to contain themost sincere emotions in every scene.

· PressQuestion - This movie is the opening film for the Busan International FilmFestival and the first movie shown at the newly opened Busan Cinema Center. Howdo you feel about that?

· SongIl-Gon - Our team came here yesterday and we were surprised. I think the BusanCinema Center is an important place - a new symbol for Korean cinema history. Iam honored "Always" is the first film shown here.

· HanHyo-Joo - I'm honored and excited to show the movie here to the large group ofpress members gathered here. On the other hand, I do feel more nervous andresponsible.

· SoJi-Sub - I'm also honored, but at the same time feel even more burdened becauseof that. I'll try to enjoy the moment.

· PressQuestion - I'm thankful I watched a romance film that I could shed tears withand at a time when there's not a lot of romance in films. Is the endingsupposed to be a happy ending? While shooting, how did So Ji-Sub and HanHyo-Joo empathize with their characters?

· SongIl-Gon - From the beginning, the movie was set for a happy ending. Like SoJi-Sub mentioned, I want to make a film which makes people feel warm. I thoughtthe most important part was to make it fit as a contemporary film and have theproper emotions for the present day. From the ending scene I built thescreenplay.

· SoJi-Sub - Before playing Jang Cheol-Min I talked to director Song Il-Gon. How toplay a person in love with a blind woman. After some thought I came toconclusion that love doesn't have any particular reasons. I did find itdifficult to maintain the emotions for Jang Cheol-Min.

· HanHyo-Joo - It was difficult for me to express. Jung-Hwa went through a difficultpast. Under this situation, it's more difficult to be cheerful than in tears.Keep the cheerfulness while being blind ... all these things. It was hard toportray. On the shooting set, Song Il-Gon and So Ji-Sub led and helped me a lota lot so I thank them.

· PressQuestion - To director Song Il-Gon, compared to your previous movies is thereanything you found more difficult to make in "Always?"

· SongIl-Gon - I think I'm still a young director. I debuted early, about 10 yearsago. I think I made movies I dreamed about - without restrictions. I think"Always" continues that. I think the movie's style might be differentfrom my past work. Though, I don't think style is particularly important. Moreimportant is how Cheol-Min and Jung-Hwa's relationship & their simple lovestory can reverberate with the audience. I think style can differ according tocontent.

· PressQuestion - 1.) For Han Hyo-Joo. What was the most difficult thing you did forthe melodramatic parts and performing as a blind woman? Also, what were somemajor differences between your past bright & cheerful characters from TVdramas and this movie? 2.) For So Ji-Sub. This is the first time you performedin a melodrama. What do you want to show most from your acting? Movie alsocontains action scenes and you getting beat-up. Was that difficult?

· HanHyo-Joo - Acting as a blind person was more difficult than I imagined. It wasvery difficult to portray someone unable to see when I can see. Small mistakesand people wouldn't find my performance believable. I worried about that. Astime passed I became more comfortable in my role. I felt happy. Compared to myprevious roles, Jung-Hwa is more of a woman. She is in love. In my prior TVdrama roles they were also in love, but that love included the family. This moviedeals with a love relationship with one person from beginning to end.

· SoJi-Sub - I think acting for action films and melodramas is the same, but Irealized how difficult it is to perform in a melodrama movie. For TV dramas,you maintain certain emotions for a short period, but for this movie theemotions stayed for the entire film. Doing action scenes became harder for me.One month prior to filming the movie, I practiced for the action scenes and, inthe process, injured ligaments in both of my wrists. But I'm fine now.

· PressQuestion - You (Song Il-Gon) mentioned you were inspired by the movie"City Lights" by Charlie Chaplin. Compare your film to "CityLights" and how satisfied are you with the results. Also what are somedifferences between the two films?

· SongIl-Gon - "Always" is different from "City Lights.""City Lights" is a movie I admire. I wanted to make a love storybetween a man and a woman. Charlie Chaplin is one of the directors that Irespect the most, so it's impossible to compare to his movie "CityLights." I'm not sure how satisfied I am with "Always." I wantto hear what people think about the movie. There are some parts that as adirector I'm not satisfied with. Time, editing and ... but I can say So Ji-Sub,Han Hyo-Joo and the staff did their best. The movie's storyline is simple, butthe emotional line is very important.

· SoJi-Sub - I like the scene where I am working out. As an actor, I have neverbeen satisified with my acting.

· HanHyo-Joo - As an actress, it is difficult to be satisfied with my own acting. Ilike the kissing scene the most. I felt the kiss scene come out so beautifully.

· PressQuestion - In the movie, there are some sex scenes. Did you have to prepare forthe sex scene beforehand and were there NG (not good) shots for that scene?

· HanHyo-Joo - That's quite a provocative question. There wasn't any preparation.The director focused on the emotional feelings between two people. Shootingschedule took place according to the story's timeline. Before the bed scene wehad a kiss scene. I didn't have any awkard feelings or difficulties. And no NG.

· PressQuestion - Tell us what were good things about working with each other.

· SoJi-Sub - Before the movie, I had an impression from TV that Han Hyo-Joo had abright and cute character. On the shooting set, I saw her acting for the firsttime. She is quite cautious and had deep thoughts about acting, especially whencompared to her age. I got along well with her.

· HanHyo-Joo - I'm honored to have worked with So Ji-Sub. On the shooting set he ledme and took good care of me. Even though he was in a difficult position, hedidn't show it. I hope to pick up that trait.

source: http://asianmediawik..._(Korean_Movie)

thanks sarvin16 n charlesriver for the info... :D can't wait to go to seoul... i hope i can see him but he might be busy with his new movie,right? :( ...

Box Office

Sleeping Beauty (Australia)

Opening Oct. 20

Always (Korea)

Opening Oct. 20

20111005001032_0.jpg

Drama. Directed by Song Il-gon. Former boxer Cheol-min (So Ji-sub) lives a mundane life after quitting the sport after an unfortunate event. While spending most of his time in a remote parking lot, he runs into Jeong-hwa, (Han Hyo-joo) a young and lively telephone operator who is always positive about life. While moved by Jeong-hwa’s passion for life, Cheol-min soon learns that she is slowly losing her eyesight. The film has been selected as the opener of the 16th Busan International Film Festival (Oct. 6-14).

Scars (Korea)

Opening Oct. 13

A Reason to Live (Korea)

Opening Oct. 27.

Nader and Simin, A Separation (Iran)

Opened Oct. 6.

Credit : Korea Herald

http://www.koreaherald.com/national/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20111006000562

Guest greenhotchilipeper

Hallo Subbie's fan,

haven't posted here for along, i've read from the survey of Movieweek, here is the list of 15 actors and actresses named as TOP Box office recently.

number 3 is So Ji Sub

movieweek.jpg

movieweek2.jpg

nice day to all

Guest khin myint

wow! thanks alot my dears ~~~

I want those book/brochure pix in HUGE size!!!! :wub: specially the first from left , loved his hair style there! :wub:

sonicklism dear , I really feel SJS is more happy beside HHJ than other his colleague actresses ^_^ he is more friendly with her as my sight ... :D

Yes my dear sarvin he looks happier and nadoo happy to see next to HHJ :rolleyes:

Our guy looks happy, sweet, cute, charm and very fashionable as usual......... :wub:

Thank you all for the latest update photos, videos and article...

How I wish I'll be there on opening day :tears:(why do I live sooooo far....)

Guest sojisupshi

JUST LIKE YOU ALL GUYS, ME TOO IS INTERESTED OF THE "SOJU" PAIRING , I THINK JI SUB IS THE MOST HAPPY NOW IN THIS MOVIE, HE HAS A LOT OF MOMENTS LAUGHING, SMILING WITH HYJ, IN FACT , I BECAME VERY OBSERVANT WITH THEIR MANNERISMS, LIKE ON THE INTERVIEW HOW THEY PUT THEIR RIGHT HANDS OVER LEFT, WHEN THEY LAUGH THEY BOW THEIR HEADS DOWN TOGETHER. EVEN DURING ROAD NO. 1 WHERE JI SUB HAD A LOT OF INTIMATE SCENES WITH KIM HA NEUL BUT INSPITE OF THAT HE WASN'T REALLY LOOKED THIS HAPPY. OH WELL, MAYBE BECAUSE WE KNEW FROM THE START THAT HYJ LIKES HIM A LOT... I USED TO LIKE HAN JI MIN /SO JI SUB PARTNERSHIP BUT NOW THIS IS MY MOST FAVORITE PAIRING SO FAR... HOPE IT WILL BE A BOX OFFICE HIT!!! FIGHTING!!!!!

Nader and Simin, A Separation (Iran)

Opened Oct. 6.

I even didn't know this film from my country went for BIFF! :mellow: ... what are you doing with me Jisub?? :huh:

thank alot Emine sis for Marie Claire pix ... what should I do with these lips? :D awwwww

miwmshgskg232wkx76vd.jpg

LS_EC , Jisub is always busy , you must be clever to find him! ^_^

ahhh Khin dear , missed you! ... always enjoy to read your sweet posts :wub: you see how he is talking with HHJ gladsome ;)

vpza9eayi8s41al99ulg.jpg

lets travel to seoul with this bus! just kidding :D

busonlyyo.jpg

Always (오직 그대만) - BIFF Opening Selection So Ji-sub and Han Hyo-joo Message

http://www.hancinema.net/video.php?table=film&id=27124

two more pix from Z_Zin no.6 by Mariko

n62juqlccfxo5igaq26z.jpg

txo3kj00p4lldvpggu.jpg

Showbox sells Busan opening film Always to Japan

sfdFiiKXjhZXsTUBwKcd.jpg

Major Korean distributor Showbox/Mediaplex has sold SONG Il-gon’s melodrama Always, the 16th Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) opening film, to Japan’s Pony Canyon.

The film tells the fatal story of a former boxer and a blind girl who fall in love. It stars heartthrob SO Ji-sub, who has built a fan-base in Asia after the hit TV series I Am Sorry, I Love You and Jang Hun’s debut feature Rough Cut. Opposite him stars HAN Hyo-joo who swept up drama awards last year for her performance in the TV series Dong-Yi.

The film is the sixth and most recent feature from director Song Il-gon, who made his feature debut with Flower Island, a film which premiered in the Venice film festival and won the New Currents prize at Busan ten years ago.

Always is scheduled to be released on Oct. 20 in Korea.

At BIFF, Showbox is also screening Korean War drama The Front Line, which has been selected as the South Korean submission to the upcoming Academy Awards’ Best Foreign Language Film Category nominations.

Showbox’s new slate for Busan’s Asian Film Market includes courtroom thriller The Client starring HA Jung-woo (The Yellow Sea), which just broke 1.5 million admissions within ten days of release; tear-jerking horse racing drama Champ starring CHA Tae-hyun (Hello Ghost), and Mr. Idol, a film about K-pop stars and the music industry, starring popular entertainers such as Jay PARK.

Showbox has recently added to its international sales slate another So Ji-sub action film A Company Man and Nameless Gangster (working title) which is directed by YOON Jong-bin (Beastie Boys), starring CHOI Min-sik (I Saw The Devil) and Ha Jung-woo.

Credit : http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/jsp/news/news.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601006&seq=1621&mode=VIEW&returnUrl=