少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread

Guest Soy

Sorry I'm late with the news but---SNSD/SM artists are banned from KBS MB?... rawr! :tongue2:

But it's funny that they won & they didn't even have to perform. :rolleyes: (though of course, it would've been fantastic if they did perform)

Congrats to them!!

The Taeyeon radio incident. All I will say is: haters will find anything, and try to make it bigger than what it is, just to make the girls look bad... -_-

They're wearing cowboy boots now? Hmm, it's cute but--- Idk. :lol:

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lishathestain

^_^ thanks for the pics Lolly. i don't really like the boots, but i love the shiny jackets xP esp the pink one haha.

sponsored stuff.

f00034854970cfa9cacf2tu9.jpg

f00034854970cfaae0613va4.jpg

f00034854970cfac03610yq9.jpg

C;소녀들아껴♥@sosiz

Guest Jenster

Mkay, I watched some fancams. Tiffany said "Listen Jessi" again. XD Jeny promotion seems to be in full swing. I do hope that they mix that part up a little sometimes since it seems that Fany is not restricted to just saying "Listen Boy." She's also a lot more confident on stage. :D

Guest XiahxTiffany

ahhh congrats SNSD for winning music bank!!!! #1!!! :)

and wait they are banned from kbs again? why?? is it really cause of the dbsk not attending? -_-

and wat about mnet? i heard that they wont be able to perf. on mnet either 0_0

wats with all these music shows not allowing sm to go on!!! 0_0 wat happened???

Guest &anita_*

Mkay, I watched some fancams. Tiffany said "Listen Jessi" again. XD Jeny promotion seems to be in full swing. I do hope that they mix that part up a little sometimes since it seems that Fany is not restricted to just saying "Listen Boy." She's also a lot more confident on stage. :D

okay, i am officially Jenyfied! woot~ jeny fanservice is awesome these days <333

The girls won on mubank?! LOL that's so hilarious..its kind of like a slap to KBS's face. Instead of punishing SM, it seems like they just punished themselves ._. But yeah..hope this ban is over soon..especially when suju starts promotion T_T But yeah, congrats to the girls on their first win on Mubank! ya~~~~y!

ah..just watched chinchin..it was the best ever! So much laughter, so much tears. But one thing i love about the girls, they are just so honest about their relationship with each other, and they have such a pure heart, especially yoona god..i seriously started tearing when she started talking about how she felt sorry towards her members..its okay yoona, we understand T_T And wow, maknae was soooo playful throughout the whole radio! it was so nice to see, since before she sometimes would not even talk during radios, but now she's all dorky and playful <333 our maknae is opening up :)

and thanks for sharing those pics lolly! i love what they are wearing! but not the boots..but their jackets are so cool lol~

Guest starduster34

I just received their album.. Gorgeous gals...

I'm so disappointed in SM... It's his fight vs. KBS so the girls shouldn't be the one suffering

It's just not fair. But an end to this!

Fighting girls and congratulations!

Guest pollypan

Congratulations!Girls got no.1 on Music Bank K Chart(and girls were even not there XD)

I received my Gee copy yesterday from yesasia XD

Can't wait for girls performance on Music Core

Gee Gee Gee Gee Baby Baby Baby Baby~~

Guest zippomaru

Guest jingaling.

^ thanks for all the links :]

OMGEE congrats to the girls winning on mubank :D

they haven't even made their comeback stage there yet.

i hope sm & kbs can resolve thier issues.

i just finished watching chinchin w/ subs.

i laughed & i cried T-T

seohyun was seriously so cute when she was singing that children's song, lmao.

Guest terrorterror5

Actually, I'm wondering if it's Korean netizens or American netizens that are freaking out. I mean, I hate to say it as an ethnic Korean, but Koreans are sooooooo racist it's actually rediculous. I mean, when I went to Korea, my grandparents were like "How many black kids go to your school?" When I was like, "Well...almost none." They were like "Oh, it must be a very good school then!" *wowkpop freaks out at a hideously racist comment from granny* So if these are Koreans blaming Taeyeon, I really don't get how "for a black person, she's very pretty!!" is so terrible. Also, don't a lot of people have a beef with their hospitals? I mean, to be completely honest I think Taeyeon DOES sound pretty stupid to me when she's like...I didn't get the shot...oh god how I needed that shot....BUT I still think it's acceptable for a 19yo to complain like that. Like you said, I think we sometimes forget that these girls are an idol group because they're people we should be able to relate to - they're not SO different from us and our friends besides the fact that they are flawlessly beautiful and insanely talented. K, maybe I'm going a little too far with the flawlessly and insanely, but you guys get my point ;)

Antis are trying to make a big deal of this by imposing American culture on Korean people. Perhaps it's not because Taeyeon has been sick for the past week (which was obvious with the whole mask deal, which is what Koreans do when they're very sick - kind of an old wive's tale, really...and they know it...yet still do it lol) and still maintaining her schedule. Then on the air, she said something that's very annoying to an American ear, so therefore she is a terrible Korean and should die, and therefore SNSD should now go on and die.

But if you listen to the original Korean, there's a slight nuance difference. The two Korean phrases that could be translated as "For a black person she is very pretty," there is "even considering she is a black person she is still very pretty" and "as a black person she is very pretty," in korean, the difference being only one syllable. Of course our Tayeon said latter, if you're wondering. So I don't really appreciate the world saying she's racist, because her comment really doesn't sound so terrible to the Korean ear.

I don't even know if I would consider it racism, more like ignorance. I know there was something a couple months back where Seung Ri from Big Bang talked about when he came to the US and saw a black person and was scared or something like that. They don't know any better, they haven't been exposed to different cultures. Give Taeyeon a break, it was obvious she was giving a compliment. Korea is a small country, they only their culture, its not a melting pot like America. Take it for what she meant, not literally. The hospital thing is just ridiculous, she shouldn't even have to apologize. But that is how Korea is.

Guest kangeroo

this is like the best news ever!

I was thinking it'd be impossible for the girls to win since they are banned from KBS.

I mean, it's unprecedented, right? I haven't heard of such a thing.

But, for KBS to be credible, i guess it was only right to do the right thing.

And right now, Gee is charting so well everywhere (it's basically no.1 on all major charts) and their mini-album sales are doing great!

I'm just very happy to hear this, especially after hearing that were are banned.

But i'm surely hoping for a mutizen this sunday.

And hopefully they'll be last to perform on Music Core again!

and despite Mnet and SM's bad relations, i think they can't not give the award to SNSD.

It's just not right...and might i add, very shady.

About all the Tae issues...no comment.

I'm expecting things like this, since SNSD had their come back, and antis are waiting for an attack all the time.

Guest Jenster

Does anyone know if the girls will be on Take 7 for Inki? Perhaps it's still early to say but I was just wondering.

Also, is there a way we can help vote for them on Inki, assuming there is vote consideration (not really familiar with how it works)?

Can't wait for Music Core. :)

woot!! the girls won MuBank despite not being there! ha! show it to the KBS's face. :lol:

i hope they continues to win.^^ and the haters thing is unavoidable..they will find things to say anyway,just that if they are worthy in the first point. :rolleyes:

yay! im so shocked that they won MuBank 1st~ It's Girls' generation now...:D

Thank you for the picture updates peeps. ;)

and still cant wait for the 2pm Idol Show!

Im sorry I missed the racism thing but speaking as a black woman I wouldnt appreciate the for a black person comment personally but like I said I missed that if anybody has a link please message me. Anyway congrats on them winning but why where they banned?

Archived