少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread

Guest Soy

Guest vietdragon2285

just finished watching the chinchin interview and curious cuz i knew tiffany was from cali thats why she can't see her family as much but i didn't know taeyeon was the same too. Where is taeyeon's family??

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest godlovesBoA

Just came from the thread on korean celeb photos about taeyeon's remark, the thread which btw was on fire... good thing mod closed it but these days i see so many snsd-anti that it's bothering my soul!!! like i go to youtube and i must see a freaking anti-snsd video.. like, wth, leave me alone!

it's so pissing me off... look, i'm not even a major snsd fan to begin with. i'm just mad as hell at people who are so damn ugly!!! ugly hearts!!!

argh. that's it. i just wanted to vent my frustrations here since i don't know where else to.

also, i just wanna say, keep supporting love.. and goodness and kindness. defend the girls with the same love, same goodness, same kindness. don't stoop to the haters level or anything.

love you all. love snsd. take care.

^

i know right, i wont hate a person just coz of that

bout hospital thing someone need to make the CORRECT translation

and i will be complaining just like her if that's happen to me

Health is like one of most important thing in ppl's life

fine she's making mistake choice of words bout AK but that DOESNT mean she's a racist person when she's actually compliment her >.< and not to mention she look up to her

rather than go attacking her like that which she probably even not really aware if that could be considered as racist comment why dont send her message through MBC's board or their Iple Site and tell her that's that kinda comment could be considered racist rather than being angry here and there attacking her and making comment bout her being a Bad person

just take example from what some ppl DID to Jaurim when they use Azdan as their intro perf by sending them a message bout it and give more explanation and example why it couldnt be use in a song, that way much better coz we TELLING her what's right and what's wrong not keep ASDFGHJK over at soompi and JUDGING her here and there or attacking her over MBC Board w/o even giving exact explanation for her to learn later on and wont make another mistake in the future

~end of rant~

yeah keep supporting the gals ^_^

Guest vietdragon2285

^

i agree, don't want to say to much about the alicia comment but nowadays mostly with the younger generations that is mostly used as a compliment. not much people really take offense to comment like that anymore. but its also in how your tone is when you say it. clearly taeyeon meant it as a compliment but people just took it the wrong way. celebs are always under "watchful eyes and ears" and public tend to take stuff and jsut twist it out of proportion just because their celebs. taeyeon is still young give her a break, liek i said earlier younger generation tend to use comments like that as compliments.

Guest &anita_*

Citra and godlovesboa, i agree with you guys too~ I didn't know it was that big until i saw how crazy that thread went. but really..some people are being too cold and unforgiving. So what if she's a celebrity? She's still human..she gets sick and also needs care. Unfortunately there was no one to care for her, and Taeyeon said that she asked 'timidly' so its not like she was demanding like GIVE ME A SHOT N.O.W.! yeah..:/ oh well.. i also needed a place to rant x_X

Seriously though..even being a big fan of boybands, it was never too 'hard' for me to love and support them, but goodness..why is it getting so hard to support/love snsd T_T I feel so bad for SNSD and as a snsd fan..because everything gets so blown out of porportion for them..it really makes me sad.

wow..emo post alert T_T but well all i can say is..that i will support snsd till the end! and so will sones. so HWAITING SNSD!

thanks for sharing piano version of gee miya, it was really good~~~~

Guest wowkpop

^

i agree, don't want to say to much about the alicia comment but nowadays mostly with the younger generations that is mostly used as a compliment. not much people really take offense to comment like that anymore. but its also in how your tone is when you say it. clearly taeyeon meant it as a compliment but people just took it the wrong way. celebs are always under "watchful eyes and ears" and public tend to take stuff and jsut twist it out of proportion just because their celebs. taeyeon is still young give her a break, liek i said earlier younger generation tend to use comments like that as compliments.

Actually, I'm wondering if it's Korean netizens or American netizens that are freaking out. I mean, I hate to say it as an ethnic Korean, but Koreans are sooooooo racist it's actually rediculous. I mean, when I went to Korea, my grandparents were like "How many black kids go to your school?" When I was like, "Well...almost none." They were like "Oh, it must be a very good school then!" *wowkpop freaks out at a hideously racist comment from granny* So if these are Koreans blaming Taeyeon, I really don't get how "for a black person, she's very pretty!!" is so terrible. Also, don't a lot of people have a beef with their hospitals? I mean, to be completely honest I think Taeyeon DOES sound pretty stupid to me when she's like...I didn't get the shot...oh god how I needed that shot....BUT I still think it's acceptable for a 19yo to complain like that. Like you said, I think we sometimes forget that these girls are an idol group because they're people we should be able to relate to - they're not SO different from us and our friends besides the fact that they are flawlessly beautiful and insanely talented. K, maybe I'm going a little too far with the flawlessly and insanely, but you guys get my point ;)

Antis are trying to make a big deal of this by imposing American culture on Korean people. Perhaps it's not because Taeyeon has been sick for the past week (which was obvious with the whole mask deal, which is what Koreans do when they're very sick - kind of an old wive's tale, really...and they know it...yet still do it lol) and still maintaining her schedule. Then on the air, she said something that's very annoying to an American ear, so therefore she is a terrible Korean and should die, and therefore SNSD should now go on and die.

But if you listen to the original Korean, there's a slight nuance difference. The two Korean phrases that could be translated as "For a black person she is very pretty," there is "even considering she is a black person she is still very pretty" and "as a black person she is very pretty," in korean, the difference being only one syllable. Of course our Tayeon said latter, if you're wondering. So I don't really appreciate the world saying she's racist, because her comment really doesn't sound so terrible to the Korean ear.

^

you tell me bout it =/

some ppl here like "korean = american = korean ppl = american ppl = taeyeon (and maybe whole snsd) = american citizen who live in america her entire life = speak very good excellent english = know all american culture = know what is forbid in america and what's not = taeyeon super girl who knows everything = 1 mistake she's dead" *exaggerating* but seems like that to me

well then again every sick ppl kinda sensitive you know, my mom had a stomachache and start acting like a baby made me woke up the whole entire night, if a grown up can be like that well dont ask bout someone who's still 19 @_@

naaah korean netizens seems more asdfghjk over the hospital thingy (i want to see if that's happening to them i bet they will make demonstration in no time), yet the international one over AK thing

^

^

it's is being blow out of the proportion tho, as a sick person she's no longer a celebrity but a human being who needs help and yeah she said she asked "timidly" not demanding yet she just being instructed to lay down and wait cause the doctors there like having lunch (in a way couldnt be disturbed??? @_@ )

i wonder what will happen to a dying patient if in the outside appearance that person just look ok -_-

^

^

^

yeah then again i have a feeling that if AK heard this for the 1st time and not knowing who is taeyeon (well she doesnt know lol XD ) i'm sure she only gonna be reacted "HUH?!" O_o but wont be like ASDFGHJK, i bet she knows different country means diff cultures different treatment and different way of thinking (some country okay bout "A" thing but others not and vice versa) not to mention herself as a mixed no? she must be aware and im sure she will think that ppl in that country (korea) probably not really knowing bout what supposed to say when it comes to certain things that forbidden to say in america, not just jump into conclusion that this girl Taeyeon as a bad racist person >.<

sigh end end end of rant lol

Guest .:-kiddo-:.

i have a question about the whole sm banning on music bank

if sm artist were banned from music bank

how come snsd's still in the album rankings =s

edit:

yer .. well it's good that they're album's ranked #1 even though they're not gonna be performing

baby baby's still in top 10 .. i think it was #8 ?

Guest DarkRokushoX

^ yea i was wondering about that too

i saw it on the rankings i was like yes they are number 1

but i got reminded that they are not even showing up *sigh*

Guest pink_meets_purple

guys!! im a little lost here... please do help...

what's with the alicia and taeyeon thing? please somebody explain....

from the comments it seems like it became a huge thing..

please anybody.. please do explain... thanks

and *** blah*** to the antis

^

you can try read wowkpop comments you will get what is it about tho

mmm from what i know (maybe i could be wrong too)

being on the chart not only based on they perf or not or being ban or not

but i think it's counted on how their songs or album doing in the charts like bugs,cyworld,muze,melon etc

but idk maybe im wrong

Guest .:-kiddo-:.

^ahh i c . thanks :]

CONGRATS TO SNSD for winning #1 @ music bank even tho they didnt perform !

ohh this is goood ! thanks for sharing

OH EM GEE!

The girls SNSD- GEE won No. 1 on Music Bank!

edit: and too bad they weren't there to accept it

<_<

i have to agree w/ you..very awkward

vvv

Congratulations to the girls for winning #1 even though they weren't there and they didn't have their comeback on Music Bank yet.

LOL, the ending scene with the empty stage was so awkward. :lol:

just finished watching the chinchin interview and curious cuz i knew tiffany was from cali thats why she can't see her family as much but i didn't know taeyeon was the same too. Where is taeyeon's family??

Taeyeon's family lives in Korea as well, but unfortunately it's just too far for her to go home.

Guest Jenster

Woot, the girls won! :D

Some good news, finally.

Hopefully the girls will continue to win so that MB will feel bad for banning them, haha.

edit - oops, be back with something.

2uer3g4.gif

2n7mf75.gif

If they were present at Music Bank, the girls would celebrate their win with hugs and tears ^

cr: GorJess @ soshified +MyongTaeng (As tagged)

YEAY SNSD WON MUBANK *cheers*

they won MUTIZEN!!!! ON THEIR supposedly 1st COMEBACK on MuBank ^^

Sigh from all bad things happen to them intentionally or not there always good things to come ^^

happy for them

^ not really strange since they're liek #1 everywhere kekeke

Archived