少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread

Guest Soy

Guest superjihyeee!

oh WOW.

Tiffany's voice is great. I hope she gets a chance to perform this song live :x

Seriously, she's like, perfect. haha. Pretty, great personality, talented.

She needs to show off her voice more. <33

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of the yuri pics and fancams are awesome

the one from thailand with her concerned expression is the best.

the one with Sica and Taeyeon pointing at something odd lmao it's so win!

Tiffany's voice is really great in that OST I can't wait to hear the full version.

Guest baby-swts

omg the Miero CF press conference pics are sooo beautiful! :wub:

they look like heavenly angels in white :blush:

holy snsd has so many fans in their fanclub!!! :D

for girl groups they have the biggest fanbase :)

woot <3 :lol:

Guest davidfresh

since i have nothing to share...

stole this from the dbsk thread haha

Latest update on Korean artists' fan cafes

http://i43.-/2w224hz.jpg

PLEASE TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS!

source: supergirlsbaidu

credit:TVXQbaidu

shared by: TVXQfever@blogspot

SNSD is the 5th one down and from the looks of it, they are gaining more fans. :D

Wow, that's freaking awesome. But just wondering, there seems to be two numbers for each artist... Are they added up for a total, or is the larger one the accurate amount [i've been dying to know the exact number of fans forever].

Guest Lishathestain

am i the only one who's been replaying Fany's solo preview on youtube?!

like seriously.. the last time i've been replaying a vid this much was when they released the preview to Gee :lol:

53084202.jpg

c;astagged.

Guest asdfjkl;fdsajkl;

Wow, that's freaking awesome. But just wondering, there seems to be two numbers for each artist... Are they added up for a total, or is the larger one the accurate amount [i've been dying to know the exact number of fans forever].

they add it up...i did the calculations, lol.

the numbers dont surprise me at all. all the older groups are falling in number while the new youngins are gaining like crazy, especially soshi...damn. their popularity really shot up with gee. light speed man

Guest kmelendez12

On the M 03/27 is yoona there with the

girls????

I hope she came be in every possible events with the girls as snsd.

Love the power of 9.

Guest falling_star_142

like seriously.. the last time i've been replaying a vid this much was when they released the preview to Gee :lol:

me tooooo haha

actually i'm lazy so i use the link bug gave us

so it just plays over and over again hehe

i'm so in love

man, i need the full version like NOW ! RIGHT NOW (credit to our princess lol)

Guest vietdragon2285

LMAO i just finished watching the radio star 127 and it was great! jessica with her stretchy cheeks haha. and loved fany's reaction when she wasn't picked and when she was asked how she felt about verbal abuses in korean and she just gave a blank expression because she didn't know what it meant and she didn't have her dictionary with her.so kute.

but because of that i'm wondering did tiffany know how to speak korean at all before she went to korea or did she start learning to speak korean when she got to korea??

i mean i know that alot of asians that are born in the US sometimes don't know how to speak their language and only learn english.

Guest ningmeng

thanks mimiirin for the photos.

(: you dunno how happy am i when i see yoona there too!

they add it up...i did the calculations, lol.

the numbers dont surprise me at all. all the older groups are falling in number while the new youngins are gaining like crazy, especially soshi...damn. their popularity really shot up with gee. light speed man

yeah. their popularity increased with gee.

however, i think there's one thing we have to note.

the numbers ≠ fans.

the increase in numbers actually shows that more ppl are interested to know more info about the girls.

and hopefully, they will convert into fans.

i can't wait for the offical fanclub to accept registration! (:

AHAHA....lol. i also just finished watching radio star. omo...it was hilarious.

sooyoung just cracks me up, and jessica with her honest humor. keke...

totally adore her. and omg!!! the guys were such dorks. lol. they kept on

teasing sunny about being sooman's neice. :lol: ahah...and they do kinda

have simularities too. the smile definitly!!

haha the only difference between you and me is that im replaying the flash version which replays by itself.:lol:

I'm really liking this song and glad that Fany had a chance of releasing a solo herself.And it's a ballad which can prove that our mushroom have improved in her vocals and she can sing well.:)

thanks for the link, kris_argee. ^^

"Xiah JunSu Best, TaeYeon and SunYe Comparable, Huh YoungSeng·DaeSung·RyeoWook Acceptable"

The April issue of men's fashion magazine "Arena" judged the talents of the main vocals of idol groups. Group DongBangShinGi's Xiah JunSu received the highest praise, SoNyuhShiDae's TaeYeon and Wonder Girls' SunYe were given similar marks. SS501's Huh YoungSeng and Big Bang's DaeSung, Super Junior's RyeoWook received the lowest marks.

The judging was done by singer Kim YunWoo, pop music critic Cha WooJin, and M.Net's Park ChanWook PD. The three said of Xiah JunSu's voice, "The reason why his vocal does not exceptionally stand out is because of DongBangShinGi's songs," and "He is a commendable vocalist who we feel sorry to label as an idol singer." Kim YunWoo said, "He gives a nice feel of having talent as well as having received much training."

Although not as skilled in comparison with Xiah JunSu, Shinee's JongHyun received positive feedback. They stated, "He is a singer whose next step we are anticipating more than his current stand," and "JongHyun's vocal is one of the reasons why Shinee succeeded."

TaeYeon and SunYe, who are receiving much interest and attention as members of rival groups Soh Nyuh Shi Dae and Wonder Girls, received positive criticism. They said of TaeYeon, "She knows how to cover up her weaknesses well," and "She has a plain tone but has an ability to make it noticeable. You can say she is fox-like vocal." Of SunYe they said, "She has the most mature voice out of the Wonder Girls and she utilizes good breathing technique and intuitively matches the her singing to each song."

Xiah JunSu's, JongHyun's, and TaeYeon's high marks are largely due to SM Entertainment's strict vocal training. With H.O.T., SM created symbolic first-generation idol groups with the focus on their outward appearances, but strove hard to find idol singers with skills.

The strong opinion on BoA and Xiah JunSu is that they, at the very least, have surpassed the level of idol singers who rely on the power catchy songs. Thanks to composing and lyric-writing, idols brushing past fundamental creational training to turn into soloists is one of SM's methods.

On the other hand, they said of SS501's Huh YoungSeng, "It appears that he has talent, but he is incomplete in effort. The degree to which he is lacking is severe." In comparison with Xiah JunSu, who is a member of what could be seen as rival group DongBangShinGi, he is of average level. They also said of Super Junior's RyeoWook, "He only sings the high parts within Super Junior, he is unable to show personal color," and of Big Bang's DaeSung, "He tends to overconfidently sing high-pitched parts but he needs to grow the power to control such sounds," and gave low marks.

^Credit: live laugh love from Soompi forum

Archived