少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread

Guest Soy

^^ :sweatingbullets: let's not discuss about other artists in this thread.. i don't want a fight to start. (besides, kara did win by 2 points, so the award is rightfully theirs.)

personally i think it's fine that mnet do not award no-showers. i mean do we really need the girls to receive an award to acknowledge the fact that their song is a hit? as for inkigayo.. i'm kind of glad that they a set amount of awards that an artist can win consecutively.. this will give other artists a chance. mubank is like the middle man amidst all of this since it balances out limited awards from inkigayo and no awards from mcountdown. can you imagine how the situation would be like if snsd were to win streak after streak in all of the music shows? people will probably start to lose interest in 'gee' a lot quicker. so yea, for me, the setup of the music programs is perfectly fine.

anyway, wow can you believe that 'gee' had been released for 2 months already? it felt like yesterday that i first heart the teaser... T_T i'm feeling nostalgic. lol.

I also agree that we shouldn't talk about other artist :sweatingbullets: I hope we can just keep it to ourselves please ^^ :unsure:

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's not go to that debate guys (even though i personally think mnet is about the @# out there + mkmf)

but it's true, LSM doesn't promote their artists at the same time and it's very smart of him because

why make his own artists go against each other? so GEE is going to end soon and it hurts thinking

about it, but the second single right? right? it wouldn't be as fabulous as gee but the second single!

DBSK is coming back in the end of june (was what SM had said with a mini album) so i'm thinking...

maybe the end of the year for SOSHI? or even sooner? hm...

-Rebecca

Guest cantthinkofaname

seriously i think that LSM is pretty smart for letting his artists comeback at different times

pretty smart idea, there his artists will have their own time of fame hahaha

i thought the next song they were going to promote was dear mom...so it's not either dear mom or himnae?

edit:

i don't know if this has been posted

SNSD 090305 KBS Energy530 News (SNSD and Super Junior)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfhY3F_0EEg

credit: woaisnsd @ YT

^it's probably not dear mom or himnae because these were like "side" promotions for their

first single and people don't use their "side" promotions as their second single and instead

use something that they've never performed. so destiny or let's talk about love. and like i

said earlier, i'm hoping for destiny because it'll give the girls a different feel

-Rebecca

Guest KsDreams

LaBelle yeah DBSK, BoA and The Grace are special case since they're also in Japan. If you think abt it SuJu doesnt release a full album every year either (but then they have the sub-group and SuJu-M in China like how the others have single and full japanese album)

Right now I think it's like SNSD Jan til March then SuJu march til may and SHINee may-june til august then SNSD again.

that will make sense to me. lol

and I thought Sunny digital single with 24/7 Minwoo was out already?

I cant wait til tmr morning, I'll jump on my computer to check MuBank result. ^^

Honestly if Gee can hang on for just tmr and next week, just enough time for the girls to get 9 wins.

that would be EPIC! I think I'll cry if they reach 9 wins. lol

But then if they don't that's ok, I love them with or w/o awards and I'm so proud of them.

Guest doremii*

Right now I think it's like SNSD Jan til March then SuJu march til may and SHINee may-june til august then SNSD again.

that's what I think too. I don't think the girls will promote any other songs from the minialbum (or are they?.. I'm not sure because I don't really follow snsd that closely lol). I think SM will either release a 2nd album or another minialbum for the girls after shinee's promotions are over (or maybe even earlier..)

but dbsk will be back around the second half of the year, around the end of june or later

so... that kinda messes things up a bit. but the girls can't be away till next year, that's just

impossible... but LSM's a smart smart SMART man, he'll definitely figure something out

-Rebecca

^

well they said they will be back this summer so i was thinking it could be another mini album

then they also said 2009 will end with snsd so it's more make sense if 2nd album end of the year

since it will be weird if they release album mid year then another mini album/single end of the year? lol

but idk

KSdream yeah i thought so too but i think snsd and shinee will promote new songs together kekeke

then end year close with snsd

all i know there will be lots of snsd love lol

rof yah 9 wins LOL but 7x already so many too, if they could win today it will be awesome but if not it's ok

gee been doing more than well so i'm sure the gals already happy with the result^^

i'm wondering when will they start promoting overseas and (mini) concert? hmmmm

Guest baby-swts

Geez...

I hate how Mnet is giving the weekly award to random singers when SNSD has been #1 in their charts for like 2 months....

So what if you're having complications with SM, Mnet should still act "real" and give the award to the obvious winner...

Geez christ, they gave it to KARA this week... Like What?

This just shows me that the award distribution in Mnet is corrupted and obviously fake.

Inkigayo is not bad, but its also a bit fake because you can only win it for 3 weeks, therefore SBS is simply doing it to please as many singers and their associate companies as much as possible.

The only one I see as realist is KBS Music Bank and MBC Music Core.

Not really an award in Music Core but i'm guessing the one who performs last is the winner...

As for KBS, they are real... I'm not saying this just because i'm a fan of SNSD's but they really give the award to the song that is REALLY busting the charts during that period (e.g WonderGirls, McMong, Jewelry, DBSK).

And there's also the end of year award ceremonies...

Haha, I laugh at the amount of useless awards there are, just to please the singers and their fans...

The only one I consider legit is the Golden Disk, the rest is just crap....

1 Daesung from the Golden Disk >>>> 100000 daesungs in SBS, KBS, MBC, Mnet, end of year awards....

LOL its okay.. dont be mad :)

snsd is banned from mnet countdown thats why they've been losing to all those other artists..

but it doesnt really matter cause music bank and inkigayo are way better

OMG SUPER GENERATION :blush: :blush: :blush:

too cute!

Guest davidfresh

^

lol true feeling nostalgic already rofl XD

Now now calm down guys

we know mnet being unfair but since there's problem between them and SM there's nothing we could do

and the artists who wins it also deserved the award tho they also working hard to get to that position

as for End of the year award for me GDA the only one that reliable, GDA is like the korean Grammy

while others just based on popularity

but this year there will be so many competition from all big artists so SM need to prepare something for SNSD when they release new song this Summer and also MAYBE full 2nd album end of 2009

so ppl who said SM afraid of competition well don't worry seems like many SM artist coming back this year

snsd will release another mini album mid year and end of the year and i read dbsk will release an album too, then shinee maybe will release 2nd album who knows

SM Family Hwaiting ^^

Lol SM Ent. afraid of competition?

SM is the biggest competition in the Korean music industry [: You can't TOUCH them~

DBSK, SuJu, The Grace, Boa, SHINee, Soshi. Definitely the most "powerful" agency out there.

Bleh. Another mini-album and full album this year would be so awesome, I doubt it though.

My hope is that they get in a second album before say.... August, and they promote at least 2 songs in the album.

That would make 2009 Soshi's for sure~

that's what I think too. I don't think the girls will promote any other songs from the minialbum (or are they?.. I'm not sure because I don't really follow snsd that closely lol). I think SM will either release a 2nd album or another minialbum for the girls after shinee's promotions are over (or maybe even earlier..)

So.... They are NOT promoting HimNae? I am so confused. Why did they release a music video if they are not promoting it?

Guest asdfjkl;fdsajkl;

sm has so many artists under his belt right now that there's no possible way he can only promote one of them at a time. i'm pretty sure promotions are going to overlap especially towards the end of the year. besides, dbsk and shinee had overlapping promotions last year

let's see, snsd will probably be on hiatus after another 2 weeks or so. suju will come in for their album promotions which im expecting around a 4 month promotion period which puts their end at june/july. i doubt they'll make another comeback after the album this year though i do think some sub group or another will be active. shinee was rumored to have a mini album out around april but somehow i dont think that'll happen. im gonna take a random guess and say they'll make their comeback around august. im pretty sure snsd will have their comeback around when suju promotions die down. dbsk is also rumored to put out a mini album around end of year. i doubt csjh and boa are having comebacks this year.

point is dont worry, snsd is most likely gonna be pretty active throughout the year.

ok to not make this spam that himnae mv (although incredibly cheap) was absolute love. i love the girl's dorky sides. since when were seohyun and jessica THIS dorky? they sure do love their sunbaes (hoobaes in shinees case)

super generation is love too. the seohyun, kyuhyun, yuri part cracked me up. kyu looked insanely shy like "omg, im surrounded by two hot girls."

Lol SM Ent. afraid of competition?

SM is the biggest competition in the Korean music industry [: You can't TOUCH them~

DBSK, SuJu, The Grace, Boa, SHINee, Soshi. Definitely the most "powerful" agency out there.

Bleh. Another mini-album and full album this year would be so awesome, I doubt it though.

My hope is that they get in a second album before say.... August, and they promote at least 2 songs in the album.

That would make 2009 Soshi's for sure~

So.... They are NOT promoting HimNae? I am so confused. Why did they release a music video if they are not promoting it?

well that's what ppl been saying since Gee being a HIT lol XD

to me it's not only cause the song but it's cause snsd themselves

but yah well some ppl just hate seeing the gals being so success yet forgot

what they had achieve when all big artists being active at the same time as soshi

i think they just releasing Mv w/o promoting it >.<

sm has so many artists under his belt right now that there's no possible way he can only promote one of them at a time. i'm pretty sure promotions are going to overlap especially towards the end of the year. besides, dbsk and shinee had overlapping promotions last year

let's see, snsd will probably be on hiatus after another 2 weeks or so. suju will come in for their album promotions which im expecting around a 4 month promotion period which puts their end at june/july. i doubt they'll make another comeback after the album this year though i do think some sub group or another will be active. shinee was rumored to have a mini album out around april but somehow i dont think that'll happen. im gonna take a random guess and say they'll make their comeback around august. im pretty sure snsd will have their comeback around when suju promotions die down. dbsk is also rumored to put out a mini album around end of year. i doubt csjh and boa are having comebacks this year.

point is dont worry, snsd is most likely gonna be pretty active throughout the year.

ok to not make this spam that himnae mv (although incredibly cheap) was absolute love. i love the girl's dorky sides. since when were seohyun and jessica THIS dorky? they sure do love their sunbaes (hoobaes in shinees case)

super generation is love too. the seohyun, kyuhyun, yuri part cracked me up. kyu looked insanely shy like "omg, im surrounded by two hot girls."

lol so is that mean snsd and dbsk gonna promote song together kekeke

cause i remember so clearly bout the 2009 begin and end with snsd hohoho this is cool rofl XD

anyway aaaaww not look that cheap ROFL XD the Mv look cute eventho yah we could tell SM dont want to waste money LOL XD yet they got so many with snsd activities alone this past couple of month @_@

not to mention Yoona has drama coming this april, i hope it will be well written and she can get many experience^^

Edit :

here's info bout Taeyeon's Chinchin

Chinchin will get one-day replacement DJs for Kang In (CONFIRMED)

due to Super Junior's concert in China, Kang In will be absent for 3 days (March 6th ~ 8th).

one-day replacement DJs are as following.

March 6th: Lee ChangMin (of 2AM)

March 7th: Kim HyungJoon (of SS501)

March 8th: Onyu (of SHINee)

speculation:

fans are speculating that Kang In will be out of the program soom because of their 3rd album promotion and drama.

when taeyeon got into chinchin, she also had been tested by one-day replacement DJ job.

so this can be MBC's experiments for Taeyeon's new partner.

c. bossa747@ssf

Guest yukinOrave

I'm going to miss them~ but hey it's not like they're not going to be on shows.. It's even much better if they get some rest and lots of shows to promote SNSD. Taeng really needs some rest and same with the other girls..

And I'm also thinking the same, I think their comeback is after SJ's promotion or even nearing the end of thei promotion.. comeback with another minialbum isn't bad.. but I really doubt about that.. because It's SM, and 3 releases for a group? Is that even possible? but hey! Let's not put our hopes down. LSM is very good at surprises.. LSM please surprise us to DEATH! XDDD

and Himnae MV was plain. L.O.V.E! It's my first time to see Seohyun and Sica that high! with Sica's rawr! LOL so all in all.

Guest zane87

As much as i love sm artists i dun think v should blame everthing oppose to sm in all the issues, v only know that there's a fight between sm and mnet, but it was never clarify that mnet banned sm artists or sm doesn't allow their artists to perform at mnet's music shows, so yeah... just get on with it..

And PLS PLS dun ever badmouthing other artists here, every artists had worked hard to achieve their dream like our girls did, so if u're not favoring them at least respect them as an artist...

As for music bank if they can continue with their winnings it'll be better, but if they dun it's fine either cos the girls oredy showed wat they worth at the moment, not only in music industry but other fields as well(yoona received awards in acting which is hardly to c for a group considering they're singers in the 1st place), of course it'll be good to show all they got and top the spot to the xtreme but in entertainment industry u should oways save the best for last isn't it?

Change topic, Sunny's duet song should have out i can't find it any where, does any1 here know...mayb youtube link?

Guest hyuksu

Yeah, in 2007, Super Junior's and SNSD's promotions overlapped as well. SM Entertainment has too many popular groups and they can't afford to put them on hiatus for so long. I believe the girls have said more than once that 2009 is going to begin and end with SNSD.

Btw, wasn't there a poll asking the fans what song they wanted the girls to promote next? At this rate, I doubt they're going to promote another song because I don't think SM even expected "Gee" to be this big of a hit. They've basically dominated the music scene for the past two months.

My guess:

First half of the year: SNSD and Super Junior

Second half of the year: Shinee, DBSK, SNSD

Super Junior is coming out with a full-length album so they're going to be promoting for a long time. Shinee and DBSK are probably going to release a mini-album - SNSD as well.

Let's just say 2009 is going to be SM family's year. :)

Guest KsDreams

Even though Sica said they are coming back (when they havent left yet. lol) in a few months, I'd like to believe August-September for a new release instead of June-July. And while I won't mind at all if they release a mini-album AND a full album, I dont think SM would do that.

I mean the fans bought Gee like crazy and it might continue selling but releasing 2 more albums for this year is too much. I don't think they have ever done that, releasing 3 (mini) albums a year.

And I dont know why but I started thinking about the girls going on hiatus again and while it scares me (9 months was a nightmare), it did help for their comeback as well. All the anticipating and waiting was worth it, people miss them even though they weren't fans and that was cool. lol

And of course they wont go on hiatus for more than 2-3 months I guess...maybe even less.

Now they're everywhere and I hope SM will calm things down before the general public get tired of them and also give the girls some rest cause if they're going to be around the whole year, they better be healthy and get a fair amount of sleep.

LaBelle 7 wins are already amazing considering the fact that their last win on MBank was for Kissing You and it was only 1x. But yeah 9 is such a meaningful number and they're just sooooo close to reach it that I can't stop dreaming abt it. XD

I like watching SNSD goofing around so Himnae MV is L.O.V.E to me but yeah, when I think about all the money that Gee bring back to SM, the MV does look cheap. lol

He better spend the money on their future title track MV. ^.^ (but then SM never spend that much money on MV, except a few ones)

omg.. if they seriously had NINE wins... that would be truly INCREDIBLE and absolutely amajing!

i think they definitely deserve it 9 is such a meaningful number and they've worked so hard. I'm

praying that they will get the nine wins! 7 is amajing, but nine is even more amajing!

-Rebecca

Guest zahieyjunki

Goshh, I have to post twice!!!

argghhh~ non other than Himnae mv!!

Loll~ thiught it was real mv but backscene from Gee mv!!

But anyway, lots of cute stuff from them~

I notice YoonSic,YulTi,Soona and so many ..

and ROFL Sooyoung!!!

She just push Sica & Yoona away when turns to her part!!

and the Rainism & Mirotic parts!!

cutest mv ever! Agree better than Baby Baby..

Shortyyy126, thnx for the gifs!!

I want more & more!! haha~

citra, you said on ur pst that the girls will have another mini album in mid year??

Is it true? I thought it was gonna be full length album on aug/sept time!!

coz there will be lots of award shows & music festival slightly on that time!!

Saddie coz they will end their Gee promotions soon but I totally unexpected that Gee has been 3 months till now!!

I thought I was just listen to the song today! Never get bored of it!~

Guest crazyfrog

i think it's very possible that SM artists' promotions will start overlapping now. in the earlier days, SM artists tend to have the same target audience (e.g. DBSK, SJ) so it's pointless to promote at the same time. but now shinee and snsd have different target audiences, so they can promote at the same time as their sempais.

i'm guessing SM might have snsd promote something closer to the award seasons, which would make sense. i mean we were all sort of expecting it last year but it didn't quite happen, but hopefully, 2009 will work out better for the girls. =)

Archived