Yobi The Five Tailed Fox

Guest mp.ARK

Guest mp.ARK

2007 Korean animated featureYobi_the_Five_Tailed_Fox_film_poster.jpg

QUOTETeacher Kang takes his students to a school that sits at the base of a hill where Yobi lives, a five-tailed fox who can turn into any form. Kang and his students are there to train at a special center for honing their mental abilities.

While the students test their courage at night, Yobi encounters the dream-catcher Hwang Geum-yee. Yobi develops an interest in Geum-yee, and decides to join the students to stay closer to him. Living like a human being is fun, until she comes across the fox hunter.

Rescued by a mysterious shadow, Yobi now faces the inevitable – by taking Geum-yee's spirit that will make her a real human being.

Source
Anime Episodes: 1 Film
geum-ie.jpg~original

yobi.jpg~original

photo28563.jpg~original

I just finished watching this film and was completely blown away. The art is absolutely stunning. From the start of the film to the end, you're taken through beautiful scenes of animation whether it's rushing through the streets of a city or cruising through a mountain landscape. Beautiful 2D animation that's complemented by 3D.

The music was also beautifully composed and actually serves as a critical factor in the plot. Not to the point of a musical, but this film is very music-oriented and was produced so in a unique fashion.

Now the criticism... subtitles. Once again this is a case where English subtitles fail to meet the standards of a film. Avoid reading the English subtitles at all costs unless it can't be helped. More will be added on later...

YouTube Preview:

Full Movie (CrunchRoll): http://www.crunchyroll.com/showseries?id=3485

*Credits:
http://chinkymovies.blogspot.com/

Guest mp.ARK

^ hahaha really?

I thought she did a fabulous job of giving Yobi a very colorful personality... for me it was really well done characterization and was one of the biggest reasons why the ending broke my heart watching this film

Archived