Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Guest iamphuwhatareyou

So I really want a new mp3 player, and I've been hearing very good thing about Zens! Are they cheap compared to other mp3 players? I would like a 4gb or 8gb one only >.<

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest azn_kira

hey guys.i just got a pmp.but the original space in it is like 512MB nd they gave a 1GB memory card but are there any LARGER cards for sale?whats the largest btw?

O_O how can a PMP only come with 512MB of memory? Anyways, i think the largest memory card you can get is probably 2GB? But what brand is the PMP? since sometimes the company does upgrades...Could you provide a bit more information about your PMP?

Guest 4ever_sweet

hey guys.i just got a pmp.but the original space in it is like 512MB nd they gave a 1GB memory card but are there any LARGER cards for sale?whats the largest btw?

I've seen 4 gb out in the market already. Also, an 8 gb is coming out VERY SOON.

Check out newegg.com!

O_O how can a PMP only come with 512MB of memory? Anyways, i think the largest memory card you can get is probably 2GB? But what brand is the PMP? since sometimes the company does upgrades...Could you provide a bit more information about your PMP?

True that, i don't think there's a pmp with 512mb.....most of them are 20Gig and plus

Guest Seipher

A short review of the Sandisk Sansa e260 (4 GB)

sansae250.jpg

Features:

- Video

- FM Radio

- Voice Recording

- Micro SD slot

Pros:

- Easy to navigate through

- Screen is bright and sharp

- Good sound quality

- Can be used with Windows Media Player (MTP), or as an external drive (MSC)

- Converting program is easy to use

- Custom EQ settings

- Micro SD slot allows for more music beyond 4 GB

- Removable battery

- Liquidmetal backplate is durable, more scratch-resistant than other players I've had

Cons

- Preset EQ's are horrible

- Video limited to only Quicktime format

- FM radio reception is bad compared to the Iriver H10 I used to have

- Micro SD limited to only music files (can't view pictures or movies stored on the micro SD)

- Proprietary USB connection

Overall a nice alternative to the Ipod Nano. The design of the Sansa is great; feels small yet durable. I accidently dropped the player and there were no visible scratch marks on the backplate. Having the removable battery is nice, but the catch is that you'll need a small screwdriver to open up the player from the back. Viewing photos is decent, much better than the Iriver H10. Video is Quicktime format but the software can convert from .avi, .vob, .wmv, .mpg and a few others, so chances are whatever videos you have should be able to convert. I converted a few anime episodes without a problem. Definitely wouldn't recommend it for long viewing periods though. I only use it to watch anime or music videos. As with players this small, I think video playback is more of a little extra, but it's better than nothing. The video quality is decent. Being able to use it as an external drive is a huge plus for me; allows for drag-and-drop, as well as store other data files.

Oh by the way, what do you guys think of the Sennheiser CX300, I was planning to get it on ebay. This one here, http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-Sennheise...1QQcmdZViewItem

the price is okay but I don't want fake ones. I know they're around 60usd but this seller has had great feedback and all

i bought a pair of sony ex90s from the stores and later found the cheap version on ebay - i thought maybe these cheap ones are "fell off the back of the truck" versions that would be identical to genuine so i bought a pair to chuck in my uni bag. when i received it, it came in a proper box and everything, but i noticed they didn't include the usual extras like manual and carry case etc... next i noticed the silver parts were grey rather than silver and the rubber sleeves were slightly more stiff/opaque than the genuine ones. at this point i was still hopeful that maybe the insides were at least a backwards engineered replica. however, when i listened to them, the sound was horrendous - worse than anything i'd ever heard (no joke).

i don't know, maybe there are some genuine "factory surplus" ones out there but the ex90s i got weren't even worth the $15 or however much it was.

My wall charger doesn't work and I just got it :crazy:

Well, it works but when I put it into my Vision M it doesn't work (like the light won't turn on) :mellow: :mellow:

Hm, didn't the ZVM come with a USB for the computer AND a wall charger? I bought mine in the summer, and I didn't need to buy anything else to charge it =S Did you also make sure that when you are charging it, it's not on hold? When I charge mine, it doesn't matter if it's on hold, but maybe you have a newer firmware on yours.

Also, where did you buy your wall charger? Is it an original Creative ZVM one or is it made from another company for ZVM's?

i got my black and silver meizu m6 at the start of the week and i'm quite impressed so far (i've been listening to it at work these past few days)

first impressions:

-weighs next to nothing, smaller than credit card, thin as a pencil.

-seems to be a fully featured high quality product.

-fingerprint magnet (maybe exaggerated by black colour?)

-buttons/touchpad all seem to be solidly installed. software/menus/controls are quite responsive.

-player reacts virtually instantly to USB connection. i'm unsure how it does this, but the player interfaces with my computer quicker than USB memory sticks - i just plug it in and exactly one second later, the drive is mapped.

-no need to install any software or drivers

-box is good

accessories:

-sound is surprisingly good on the stock earphones - treble and midrange are good, but bass lacks definition as demonstrated by the lack of ability to reproduce bass drum detail on the included demo FLAC track (at most points, you can barely hear the bass drum at all, even when playing with the EQ and bass boost. i was able to hear it more clearly on other earphones though).

-comes preinstalled with two sheets of a hard protective film, one on each face of the player. these sheets were quite precisely placed - i didn't notice them until i read in the instruction manual that they were there and i shouldn't remove them.

-also comes with lanyard and a thin white leather carrying pouch.

sound:

-sound is on-par with other well-made portable music devices.

-channel reproduction is good - i listened to music for five straight hours at work without any sign of listener fatigue, and this was on a night where i'd previously been up for over 24 hours.

-bass and treble "boosting" is on by default, however this introduces a small amount of hiss on the included FLAC track (only noticeable if you are listening for it).

-other than software-based bass and treble boosting, there are also a few environmental effects that you can apply, graphic EQ, and sound modulation for output to headphones/earphones/speakers.

-will sometimes produce a small click on codec change... hopefully this will be addressed in future bios updates.

video:

-screen is big, clear and bright. it's a testament to the design team to have such a large screen in such a small and light player and have it only draw so little power.

-video at 18fps is on the slow side, but still quite reasonable.

-the bundled video conversion software is preset to quick and dirty encoding, which is generally good for small videos. however, the only problem is that your regular 25-30fps SD videos or 50-60fps HD videos don't exactly decimate nicely down to 18fps and so converted videos will have a slight jerk every second or so, even when played back on the computer. the motion may be smoothed out slightly by going from 30fps to 15fps (i haven't tried it yet) but 15fps is already starting to get a little low.

battery:

-unsure, seems pretty good as i'm still half way through my first charge - this is after three and a half days of heavy use (4-5 hours music per day plus a total of about 20 minutes video playback)

other stuff:

-also has photo and game capabilities, as well as calendar/stopwatch/calculator function but haven't tried them.

-stereo FM tuner in this tiny thing has better reception than my hybrid DVB card's FM radio, which is connected to my apartment building's TV aerial.

Guest lang866

i like the new iPod shuffle. It small and cute. lols. Bu ti heard they're coming up with the new iPhone. It's an mp3 player plus phone and plus internet. It's a touch screen too. No little pen thiniges needed

Guest vannushka

Boka: Thanks for that review. Could I ask how many gb was yours and how much did you pay for it?

I think I will get the Meizu M6 and the CX300 earphones instead of the ipod nano.

^the 4GB version plus delivery came to a total of $198.50 AUD from a seller named tradeeasy1201 on ebay...

i actually ordered it at the end of december last year but the guy had issues with his ISP ever since the taiwan earthquake - maybe you can get it cheaper now that the whole christmas season is well and truly over

Guest ~SWEETwhispers~

Hm, didn't the ZVM come with a USB for the computer AND a wall charger? I bought mine in the summer, and I didn't need to buy anything else to charge it =S Did you also make sure that when you are charging it, it's not on hold? When I charge mine, it doesn't matter if it's on hold, but maybe you have a newer firmware on yours.

Also, where did you buy your wall charger? Is it an original Creative ZVM one or is it made from another company for ZVM's?

I bought it about a week before this years Christmas and it didn't come with a wall charger for me...it only came when the usb and this little box thing you plug into your M. I usually don't put my M on hold unless I'm running around....so it can't be that. And...I dunno what firmware is :lol:

I bought my wall charger at Best Buy, they said it'd work with all mp3 players but...it doesn't work with the M! It's not an original...the brand is Dynex or something. Ugh, I'm just going to return it and get the creative one! I should've just gotten the creative one in the first place...but the one I got was on sale. Arrgh, I made more trouble for myself! <_<

i also have a 2GB Meizu M6. the touch pad takes a little getting used to, but other than that. it works great.

try houseofdap.com to order from. i got mine from there. or walgreens.com (seriously).

^the 4GB version plus delivery came to a total of $198.50 AUD from a seller named tradeeasy1201 on ebay...

i actually ordered it at the end of december last year but the guy had issues with his ISP ever since the taiwan earthquake - maybe you can get it cheaper now that the whole christmas season is well and truly over

I also got the 4gig white version for a little less than $200CND from that same seller. I can't wait to get it

Backlogged a bit.. i have a Dilemma: Meizu M6, Samsung T9 or iRiver Clix?

i heard Samsung releasing a T9B.. i.e with Bluetooth that adapts to your phone.. should i wait for that?

Heard the iRiver Clix is really good.. people prefer it over T9. but the T9 appeals to be more :lol:.

Meizu: new to me.. so i'm not quite sure. I've read the reviews, both here and on sites, seems like there's still some improvements needed?

Guest vannushka

^ I had a similar dilemma(still do actually), I had to pick between the Meizu, Samsung K5 or Ipod Nano. I haven't picked it yet but I've narrowed it down to the first two. I didn't want a clix because my brother has one, I personally like the clix but I didn't want it because my brother already has it.

Archived