Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Guest cat_ti

Were you the person that was fighting with me over the mp3?! LOL.

Seriously, I gave up after a while. I dont want to spend like $80 more for 4 more gigs. I'm satisfied with just 4GBs.

I decided to order somewhere else because I couldn't fend anyone off from the Meizu M6 8GB on ebay. lol. OH Wells.

LOL i hope not. i dont think so cos it was like "buy it now" so i did...hahah

i got mine for 200AUD for it all + free shipping. Its form a sydney/Australian seller supposedly.

woops ur prbli confused, im using my friends account.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest anonymousfusion

i don't feel like looking through the whole thread again, but has anyone reviewed the 30GB Toshiba Gigabeat MES30VW? i watched the review on cnet.com, and it looks pretty good. i'm also wondering if it will support korean/chinese uhh...lettering i guess you can call it. and how is the screen?

Going to update this in a few minutes...

Im curious... :P does anyone have an Ipod for sale... maybe a decent shape with crappy battery life. ^_^

Or some other fun MP3 player that you replaced? Im tempted to upgrade my Zen to a Meizu M6 (walgreens has it for $100 4gb)

Guest nxtlvl

nvm

twenty characters

does anyone have a zune? i'm thinking of getting one but don't know if it's worth the money...

Guest Nhi123

i brought the Creative Zen V-Plus (2G) and the time is wrong but i have no idea how to change it can someone help?thanks

zenvplusxe9.jpg

Guest CueTheSun

i have a question about ordering off ebay and such. say i order the meizu M6 off ebay for $200 CAN including the shipping displayed on the auction. will there be any other additional fees as it arrives at my house? or will $200 be all i pay?

Guest CueTheSun

oh i was interested in the 8GB Meizu M6 which is a bit more expensive than the 4GB.

thanks for the quick reply

Guest sarah_luisa

if the media compatibility is FLASH, what does it mean?

can i upload mpeg/mp3/avi/mpg4, etc..??

HELP!!!

Guest Laxntiga

^ No clue,

But I want to brag that I just got a new Creative Labs Vision M. 30 gigs. This thing is a beast of a MP3 player. Before this I had a 128 meg i-river....which I felt like it didnt have enough songs and long batter. Now my 30 gig beast... has a ishload of songs, but not enough batteries lol. The 5 hour charge time via computer + dongle + usb is BS and takes me forever. Anyone have the wall charger? Do I still need the dongle? Whats your experience?

Anyone get it to play on their car without using a tape or FM transmiter? My friend has this i-pod thing where he plugs it in and it plays his music AND charges it at the same time, is there such thing for the Zen yet? Do you think it will come out? (I think my friends i-pod travel thing is hooked up into his car... like i cant see where the other end of the cord is, because its under his console)

Anyone accessorize their zen yet? pics? Anyone have a carrying case that lets u attach cellphone keychains to them?

Thanks in advance!

if the media compatibility is FLASH, what does it mean?

can i upload mpeg/mp3/avi/mpg4, etc..??

HELP!!!

Flash might imply like shockwave stuff

Or they're saying it uses flash memory like built in chips or memory cards.

The stuff you listed are supported formats... they MIGHT be refering to that with engrish but I don't know... honestly it doesn't make sense.

^ No clue,

But I want to brag that I just got a new Creative Labs Vision M. 30 gigs. This thing is a beast of a MP3 player. Before this I had a 128 meg i-river....which I felt like it didnt have enough songs and long batter. Now my 30 gig beast... has a ishload of songs, but not enough batteries lol. The 5 hour charge time via computer + dongle + usb is BS and takes me forever. Anyone have the wall charger? Do I still need the dongle? Whats your experience?

Anyone get it to play on their car without using a tape or FM transmiter? My friend has this i-pod thing where he plugs it in and it plays his music AND charges it at the same time, is there such thing for the Zen yet? Do you think it will come out? (I think my friends i-pod travel thing is hooked up into his car... like i cant see where the other end of the cord is, because its under his console)

Anyone accessorize their zen yet? pics? Anyone have a carrying case that lets u attach cellphone keychains to them?

Thanks in advance!

Wall charger is just like the ipod wall charger, usb plug on the adapter. You will still need the usb cable to connect to the zen to charge. Should still take the same amount of time because they can't overload the connector with too much power.

You are aware that a large number of desktop PCs keep the USB ports powered even when the computer is off right?

Tape and FM transmitter both sound pretty crummy. FM transmitter being the worse possible method. The only disadvantage to using the tape adapter is the occasional noise from the casette spinning.

I doubt they will make special cradles for the zen. But I have to say who cares... those ipod cradles are ***** expensive. I mean who the ... would spend like $100 for a ... connector?!

I took the path of changing the head unit, and getting an Aux input cable to connect my mP3 player to. If you're fixated on powering your zen, you can get a cigarette to usb adapter... if you cant find it, just get an ipod one will work fine.

And no, I doubt its coming out for the zen.

Guest Laxntiga

Awdark, you are an information power house. How the heck do you know everything about electronics!!!? You the man!!

Thanks for the info, could u take a pic of your head unit? I want to see what it looks like. So until then, I need a cig charger and go with the ghetto tape method, gahh!!!

One day, I will have a lot of knowledge in soompi L&R :P

Anyways, most modern head units do include a Line In option. My kenwood has the connector in the back. And there are many newer cars that have line in that you can buy a adapter for. Typically they connect to the external CD changer inputs.

Guest anonymousfusion

ZUNE OWNER PLEASE HELP:

k, i just got a new zune. it's so pretty!! and i'm downloading the software. and i turn on my zune, and then i try to turn it off. the instructions say hold down the play/pause button down for 3 seconds, so i do, and it's still on. does it really turn off, or is it like the ipod, and it doesn't truly turn off until a while, wasting my battery?

i'm testing out the zune, might keep it if i like it, if i don't, i'm getting the creative vision M

Guest alicimoo

LOL i hope not. i dont think so cos it was like "buy it now" so i did...hahah

i got mine for 200AUD for it all + free shipping. Its form a sydney/Australian seller supposedly.

woops ur prbli confused, im using my friends account.

lol, I was just kidding. I actually betted on quite a few to try to get it. But eh..freaken bidders. lol. I think the final price was around $150 + $30 shipping.

Just whatever they charge + shipping.

The seller eats the other fees... but that seems so expensive (95% sure this is the Meizu M6)

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...;id=prod2855108

Yea that's the Meizu. I ordered it from Walgreens.

But damn, it takes freaken long to process! I ordered it on May 5 and they still haven't even shipped it out yet. -__-"

Guest GooNiEGooGoo

x5pk1v6.jpg

expensive portable rig that make my pockets bulge featuring the x5L. Never tried the pictures and videos, since I heard those features were creppy. The player is used strictly for audio.

mini-review:

Pros:

- Strong shell and fingerprint resistant. Dropped it once coming out of my car and survived without a scratch. Also, I like to caress my devices and it feels nice that I won't leave fingerprints all over the shell.

- Battery lasts long for me

- Drag n drop/file tree format

- Codec support

Cons:

- Controls are kind of funky. The ergonomics of my G3 fitted better into my hands than the x5.

The sound quality didn't really matter to me since lots of the new players have improved. Also, mp3s aren't exactly the best sounding format, but I got so many of them! So SQ is now the job for headphones, but that's irrelevant in this case.

Cost around $250 at Newegg. Ordered during an early afternoon and came next day. hooray for this old player!

Guest Simplicity

Pictures of it, not very good.

Specific Summary

Colors: Black or Silver

Capacity: 2GB or 4GB

Audio Formats: MP3, WMA, WMA-DRM, OGG

Size: 1.66” x .45” x 3.54”

Weight: 1.98 oz

Transfer Protocol: MTP/USB

OS Support: Windows XP/MAC OSX 10+

Photo Formats: JPEG

Screen: 1.8 TFT LCD

Rated Battery Life: 35hr Battery

Other Features: Music Subscription, Clock / Sleep Timer

I copied that off a site of course but it's pretty accurate about it. Now on to a review from using it, I have a 4g black one(I bought it because I was opting to try something other than an iPod) it's automatic audio settings are good for most genres of music. The buttons encompassing the touchpad is decent and easy to use, the touchpad itself responses very accurately unlike some out there. The volume control is nicely placed on the right side of the player. It has many language settings which is very helpful for people of other languages. The buttons can be pressed lightly which is sometimes a problem when it's in my pocket but there's HOLD for that. The earphone plugin is placed on the top of the player, very efficient.

Songs play smoothly and they never skip or pause/stop for any problems, there has never been any errors.

There are a few annoying things about it though. If you only own a mac and not a PC, do not buy this player, it'll prove to be annoying. Since this took the form of a crossover of hard drive/flash based players, it has some annoying problems. It sometimes tends to make .dat files which are visible in the player's music library which is only removable with access to a PC. You cannot create another playlist other that the default playlist that is already on the player, you can only add music to that playlist. Eventhough I already knew this buying the player but the rechargable battery part really annoys me but that happens rarely, the battery does last quite a long time, mine lasts for about a little more than a day on full charge. That's about it.

My final summary : From my experience of using this thing, do not buy it, it's a piece of crap. Time to move on to a better one >_>

Guest A.lee

sam_yp_t9.jpg

YAY!! Well.. not really yay.. but i got the samsung yp-t9 like 2.5 months ago.. I really like this mp3 player cuz it has a long battery life and for a small mp3 player it can hold videos YAY!! the only thing i dont like about it is it takes a long time to charge imo and it takes a long time to transfer files.. thats it i guess.. i really like it cuz its small too! i just hav a questionn.. for ppl who own the same mp3 player can i put different games on it? and how if i can?.. cuz the games are boring and i want to put a few of my own games on it... :D thanks

Guest ^G^Y^_^

im planning to buy a new mp3 player too since my old mp4 broke down ;(

and i came across this:

Sony NW-E013F

1GB Direct USB MP3 Player with FM Tuner

nwe013pinkbx5.jpg

it says there direct usb mp3 player, does it means this player doesn't need any troublesome software for it? like when you want to put songs, you need this some kind of sony program to put in those songs.

Does anyone has this? does this player need this some kind of program to put in songs?

Archived