Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Guest T a m T a m s

I got my Zune a little towards the end of last year..

zune-3-091306.jpg

I have it in white, though i think Brown looks very nice..! =)

Yes I have the white one too. The great thing about it is that it has wifi connection so you can sample songs but the problem is that it takes so much battery power for it. But yes the battery lasts for a long richard simmons time :] You can also customize the background too. Plus when you first get your zune its already packed with photos, music, and videos. All the goods. Plus theres a radio in it too :D What I don't like about it is that the zune is a big B**** about codecs. They won't accept avi formats on videos and other formats. They will only accept Wmvs so its a real pain to convert my videos but theres a way to input them without converting. I learned a little trick into not converting. Thanks to the Zune Scene Forumers. Overall its the best mp3 player out there. Its known as the Ipod Killer ;) But yeah its really nice plus it doesn't scratch that easily. The Screen is nice and huge. Gotta love that <3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest anonymousfusion

zen_micro_specs.jpg

i got the old creative zen micro in 2004, and loved it. i don't think they make it anymore, only the micro photo now. the sound is great, really easy to navigate. i love zens. the earplugs are quite uncomfortable for my tiny ears, but i have other headphones any way. i'm not sure how big it was, since my mom got it for me for my bday, it was light blue. but i had over 500 songs on it, and still a lot of room for it to grow. i didn't like how it took so long to turn on/off, but that's pretty much the case for all zens. the software is easy enough to work with, and importing songs. the annoying thing was ripping songs from cds, you had to rename all the track titles, since the program only read them as Track 1, Track 2...it came with a case, and it's interchangeable for stand/clipholder. it also had an external battery, so if it ever froze, which it rarely did, you could take the battery out to restart it, and you didn't have to plug it in to the computer to charge it, there was an individual cord, which also works w/other creative products. i tried it on my mom's zen V. the sad event came in january this year, when i was fastforwarding through a song, and it suddenly stopped working. it froze, i took out the battery, turned it on again, and it just showed the CREATIVE logo, and made this incessant clicking noise. i was sooo sad, and i plugged it in to my computer, and it said it couldn't find it on my comp. so i tried formatting it, rebooting it, everything, still didn't work. and every time i turn it on, it would just make the clicking noise. so, i guessed it was dead. :( HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANY OF YOU!? i ahven't gotten a new one since, i'm debating between the vision and vision M.

creative_zen_v.jpg

because i don't have an mp3 atm, i'm using my mom's, my sis and i got her the creative zen V. it's so cute, incredibly small. 1 GB. it can only hold about 250 songs. the sound quality is really easy. it can't read mpeg. 4 files for some reason, but for ripping songs off of cds, it puts the name directly on, so you don't have to rename the files. no scratches yet, got it in oct. last year. it freezes up sometimes, but there's a reset button on the side. i just figured that out yesterday, haha. and, you can only charge it on the computer, but i have a cord from my zen micro that works on the zen v. i sometimes don't have to charge the V for 3-4 days, and it still has enough life to get me through school. the screen is kinda small, but the photos are so clear on it, but sometimes when i'm uploading songs, the program randomnly puts in my photos onto it, and it's a pain having to delete all the pics. you can change the background to one of your photos, so it's not boring.

if you want any real pics, you can ask!

Hold the mp3 player with the face side down and give it a good whack. =] No, I honestly didn't make that up. On the RIO carbons, sometimes the hard drives would get stuck and you can just whack it and it should unjam the drive head.

Are you good with taking things apart? You have a very good chance of swapping out the microdrive with a Compact Flash card or a new microdrive. One of these days my Zen micro will crash and I will go and do a compact flash swap on mine. :)

Guest M ♡

This is my MP3 Player:

24086samsungk5bs0.jpg

b2clypk5bk5.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

^Me, holding that sexy thing. It has become my life!

Samsung’s K5 MP3 stands out from the rest with its atypical features. Unlike many MP3 players, the K5 comes with a built-in FM tuner, a clock feature and alarm that can be programmed to go off to your favorite song or the radio, and an off timer feature.

This loaded 4 inch, 128 x 160 color screen MP3 player also packs high-end earphones with enhanced bass sounds, and two built-in, slide out, high quality sound speakers with virtual surround sound technology. With either 1GB or 4GB, this device can play up to 30 hours of music and 6 hours with surround sound speakers, and can stand up to any home stereo system by switching to 5 different modes.

The 4GB K5 can store up to 25,000 jpg images or up to 1000, which can be downloaded from the PlaysForSure online store. With these rich features and sound, who cares the K5 size is on the bulky side? If $200 - $250 is in your price range, it’s a keeper.

Guest chocopocky

^^ that looks so pretttty and cool!

Interesting.

Well, I'm just looking here to see what mp3 player I can buy that's sleek, inexpensive, and portable. :)

I would buy an iPod but I'm sick of them. :mellow:

Creative, maybe? Hmmmm.

Guest SatinDoll

::edit:: Also, because I hate my ipod mini now(it's battery life is now 2 hours MAX lol), I was also wondering about the Zen Vision : M. Is there any site that's reliable where I can get it for cheaper online? haha. Thanks again!

oo yea i have the zen vision: m. i dunno if this is happening, but a while ago Buy.com sold Zen Vision:M for really cheap. its even CHEAPer if u use google to check out. so u should check it out. im not sure if that promotion is over or not. but overalll i like Zen Vision M a lot. battery life is perfect, screen everything else is as perfect as it could be (to me, lol). me getting it even convinced my bro to replace his little Ipod Nano to a black ZenVision:M. u should get it (IF U DON't MIND ITS BULKINESS)--cus i do admit that it is kinda bulky

Guest SongBird

I played around with the samsung k5 at best buy. It packs an amazing sound for such small speakers. I liked it.

I have this one. I got it at a discounted price because they were clearing it out for the new models and it was also an open box item. It was a sweet deal.

sony_nws700f.jpg

4GB. Black and beautiful. I can convert to Sony's ATRAC3Plus format which makes my file to about 2.5MB on average therefore it can hold more songs than normal 4GB players, but it has a finite number of 4000 songs set. That sucks. I know many people have tried to get along with Sony's SonicStage software and have felt pissed with it. I, however get along fine with it and actually love it. It does hog up space on my hard drive, but I know where the converted files are and manually manage them myself.

50+ battery life, plus it doesn't take very long to recharge the battery at all. I don't really get my full 50 hours, but I have the special settings on like the rich bass equalizer, smooth playing to make sure all the songs have the same volume level, and I can get about 40+ hrs. It has a FM tuner. Yes, I still listen to the radio. Clock plus date display. Cool and useful playlist features.

It's small and light, but yet feels sturdy and strong in my palm. It has Sony's quality built in it. I don't need a photo viewer, music video player featuers in my mp3 player. I have a PDA that does all that and more. I have a PSP that also can do all that and more. When I set out to get this, all I was looking for was a music player and I got one that really excels at being a music player. The sound is absolutely amazing. If you ever owned a MD player, you know what I mean. It even made my $10 earbuds sound excellent. My nano on the other hand can only achieve around 12 hours or 16+ if I play my music flat and don't change the songs too often.

Guest dream3rx0

i just lost my ipod video and i'm trying to decide what to get. i liked my ipod video but the battery life was horrible. i'd charge it, and after one video, the battery would go down.

so i can't decide between ipod video and creative zen vision:m[in pink]

help me out, please :]

Guest kimkimc

Iriver Clix 2.. (4 GB)

Nothing beats that.

jealous. i ended up getting a creative zen v plus 2gb -.- i like it, but would like the iriver clix more...

Guest Tonyc402

i just lost my ipod video and i'm trying to decide what to get. i liked my ipod video but the battery life was horrible. i'd charge it, and after one video, the battery would go down.

so i can't decide between ipod video and creative zen vision:m[in pink]

help me out, please :]

CREATIVE VISION M HANDS DOWN. It has a lot more support for videos , so that means less conversions for video to be put on ur creative. And I think the screen has better quality too

Guest -x.smile.31

I have a Creative Zen Vision: M, got it from Best Buy for $260 CND

P4150787.jpg

P4150789.jpg

P4150790.jpg

P4150791.jpg

P4150792.jpg

PROs:

- Big & Bright screen

- Fast converting time, also plays DivX 4 & 55, XviD5, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG4-SP, WMV9 and Motion-JPEG

- Can make room for Removable Disk

- Has an alarm (only effective if you're actually listening to the player until that time, or else you'll have to set the volume up to MAX)

- LCD screen, which means clearer images

- Fast start-up and shut-downs

- Lock shift thingy at top...good for saving battery

- Supports a lot of languages

- A LOT of space

- Easy to use software...comes with basically everything you need

- Different themes and you can change your backround

- Has a microphone

- The back is non-scratch able...yet pretty

Comments: No matter how low the quality of the video or song is, I still find to be a really good quality on the player. The LCD screen makes the videos really nice to watch and even when the brightness is at 40% it's still pretty bright. I have 175 MP3s, 300 pictures, 53 PVs, 4 movies, and 3 playlist, yet I only used 13 GB of it. It basically comes with everything you can ask for in a player...except for AM radio for listening to basket ball games -o-

CONs:

- The ear phones are really big...I had to stuff them back in my ear a lot of times

- The charging time takes 5 hours...I'm not that patient

- It hold up for 14 hours of songs and/or 4 hours of video...(but i get sort of under it)

- The alarm is sometimes not useful, seeing how the random song option always confused me

- I find that if I'm converting videos it's fast, but lags up my computer

- It scratches easily...I don't have the black, I have the white. But if I shine my player in the light in a certain way, it has A LOT of tiny scratches...

- There's only presets for the radio...I don't know how to change them yet =/

- The screen protector cost about $30 so I didn't buy it (I use the company one)

- The cover for it costs about $60...It's and okay price...but it'll just make my player more big =/

Comments: nothing really...just that the battery life for me is short!

Overall: 9.8/10...I like it better than an iPod video (IMO)

Guest **ThatGirlPhuong

I need to buy a new MP3 player since my iPod was stolen :x but I have no idea what to get. I was going to get the Cowon D2 but there's not enough room for me, same for the Clix/Clix2. My music now is about 5.5 GB (compressed and all) plus I use the hard drive a lot for school files, movies, and a bunch of other stuff.

The only other ones I know of are the Creative and Zune but it's physical appearance isn't appealing..

Are there any more mp3 players coming out with hard drive format/a lot of space?

Archived