Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Guest hyeminnie

i got a Creative Zen Touch and it's okay, i guess. it's about 2-3 hundred.

bad:

-it freezes up every once in a while

- way too bulky

good:

it has lots of space.

over all it's not good if you're looking for small in size.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kinesis

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but...

anyone who has iriver Clix:

1. do these players only recharge by USB (therefore, through the PC only)? if so, can it charge through a laptop then?

if that's true, then i'd have to buy an accessory for wall charging, which kind of sucks, because i want to buy that cradle thing as well lol.

the iriver clix basically has ALL the things i want in a mp3 player.. :( i really want that 4gig one now

Guest SpicyTOFU

bigsize_cube2_bk.jpg

Brought it very recently.

Mobiblu Cube2 - $120

I'll start with cons first....XD

Cons:

- Says it's 10 hours battery life but it's actually an hour or two less, depends on how loud or low you put your volume

- Has lots of features...like video, it's viewable but details can't be seen and the sound recording isn't anything spectacular

- Not waterproof

- Tiny...not for people who lose things easily...

- flashy?

Pros

- Cuteeeee

- Tiny (1.1in x 1.1in x 1.1in) - good for me because it's easy to hide or put in a pocket

- necklace earphones - if you have long hair, other people can't even tell that you have earphones on, the attachment part is kind of flashy, but you can always put it under your shirt

- 2 gigs...pretty good for it's size XD

I don't have a lot of complaints about it other than that it's feels kind of fragile. The controls are pretty self explanatory and easy to use. Other people might not find this mp3 player as great, but this was the one I wanted since it's so cute...so I don't really have any complaints. I brought it just to listen to music...didn't really need the extra features. Besides that...you get lots of compliments...^^

<333

Here is the site for more information:

MobiBLU

Guest Misello

Does anyone who owns a Creative Zen Vision M experienced some problems? I've heard from many people that they've experienced some problems after few days, weeks or months. Some problems are like, the screen freezing up, or can't turn off and on. Turning out, they have to return it... or have to get another one. I wanted to get myself a Vision M this christmas... but it seems like I hear more and more problems about it recently :(! has anyone experienced these problems, and what did you do about it?

Guest advent.shk

i got mine about 2-3 months ago and have had NO problems with it whatsoever......I love this because its so nice. the only times its frozen up was when i kept clicking a song and back and forth back and forth but I just pushed the reset button on the bottom and it reset....I havent had any big problems and hope I dont anytime soon lol.

Guest emilee89

i have a question about the creative zen M...

why can't i send avi files to the player when it says that its compatible with that file?

anyone know?

Guest Misello

i got mine about 2-3 months ago and have had NO problems with it whatsoever......I love this because its so nice. the only times its frozen up was when i kept clicking a song and back and forth back and forth but I just pushed the reset button on the bottom and it reset....I havent had any big problems and hope I dont anytime soon lol.

Oh, thanks for the info ^_^~! May I ask where you bought your Vision M? I don't know if it matters or what, but, many people who bought from amazon lately, turning out... most of them have a lot of problems. X_X Maybe it's thier luck it breaks so fast? X_X well, I'm thinking of getting mine at Circuit City, since its the only store that sells in this little island. lol.

I've gotten my iPod replaced two times in the past one and a half years.

I have one of the old ones (fourth gen? I have no idea... the black and white), and it died within a year... got a warranty... died again within a month, and the people were just like "oh whatever" and gave me another one. XD and it just half-died today...

I really want a new mp3 player, but I don't want an iPod. Suggestions? I have around 15 gb of music.

ahahah this is the situation that i`m in, too. i recently dropped my mp3 player in water (gah x_x) so i am in need of a new one...one of my friends wanted to give me her old mp3 player but it was only 2gigs (the iPod nano) i refused because...1) i am against iPods and 2) it doesn't have enough storage :x

i`m looking for something around 20-30 gigs, video capability (i`m assuming that most mp3 players these days with that much storage have video capability...) and photo capability!

preferably with customizable options (wallpaper, etc.) and...FILETREE ORGANIZATION. i had an iAudio x5 and it had filetree organization and i LOVED it. <3

any suggestionss??

Guest AirMaxFiend

I've gotten my iPod replaced two times in the past one and a half years.

I have one of the old ones (fourth gen? I have no idea... the black and white), and it died within a year... got a warranty... died again within a month, and the people were just like "oh whatever" and gave me another one. XD and it just half-died today...

I really want a new mp3 player, but I don't want an iPod. Suggestions? I have around 15 gb of music.

I suggest you stop dropping your iPod, stop throwing it against the wall in rage, and to stop drowning it in water. I don't even baby my iPod, I throw it around, and it's still running 10+ hours after a year.

Yes, the Sansa is a great alternative to the nano. I was SUPER surprised at the battery life. I played it for 3 hours on the highest volume possible and it was still full - full life battery! Amazing! FM is ok, not that good. I think for FM quality

1. iRiver h10

2. Creative Zen Vision:M

3. Sansa

Video was very good.. widescreen!

Photo function was OK, but there is no option to zoom into photos, unfortunately.

Overall, great player! Really. The battery life really makes this player awesome.

Also, that blue light - it looks cooler in person. Its a very rich bright blue and everyone kept staring at it in the subway.. lol

Question for anyone that owns one. I feel extremely stupid, but where do you get a recharger? Do you buy it separately? If so, can someone leave me a link for it?

Guest NV4ever

I just bought my Zen Vision:M and i tried to turn it on but cant, do i have to charge it first then turn it on??? how long does it take to charge it, i waited for like 5 hours but it wouldnt turn on yet , im confuse..someone help plz, :) thx alot...

Oh, thanks for the info ^_^~! May I ask where you bought your Vision M? I don't know if it matters or what, but, many people who bought from amazon lately, turning out... most of them have a lot of problems. X_X Maybe it's thier luck it breaks so fast? X_X well, I'm thinking of getting mine at Circuit City, since its the only store that sells in this little island. lol.

OH!! AWESOME. so it IS sold here in Hawaii, i was kinda worried about that. lol, i've been reading what everyone has to say about the Creative Zen Vision: M and i really wanna get myself one for christmas now, hahaha. but some people were having problems with it. :crazy: and it doesn't come with a "wall charger"? argh.. but umm.. how much was it at Circuit City? :phew: there are warranties, right? lol.

Guest Mocha Caramellatte

9623518c15acc400.jpg

^ My mp3

Product: Creative MuVo TXFM

Features:

> FM radio

> voice recorder

> custom equaliser

> LCD screen

> side is the dial and volume control

> front play/pause/on&off button

Format: USB drive

Memory storage: 1Gig= 500 songs @ 4600KB/file

Battery: AAA

Pros:

> Fit in the palm of your hand

> can read: Korean, Japanese, English, Dutch, Norsk, Portuguese, Svenska, Chinese, French, Italian, Spanish etc

> Battery can last up to 2 weeks if the user is not like me who listens to music all the time

> Can be customised the way you like it to look... decorate with stickers

> Drag and drop menu

Cons:

> finger prints everywhere

> no protector

> no access to menu, even though u have the folders sorted

> no earphones extension

> I can only fit 193 songs all up TT___TT

Price: AUS$ 139

Guest Chisame

Bought myself a black video iPod yesterday. Digging it a lot so far--the screen's a bit small but the videos I've seen on it (various NANA 2 movie trailers and Pirates of the Caribbean 2 which displays in widescreen and therefore uses even less of the already small screen) look super crisp and clear regardless. Don't think watching anything with subs would be an option as the subs would probably be microscopic. xD

I actually went to Best Buy with a friend during Black Friday to buy an iPod Nano in silver/8GB Nano but I saw the price for the 30GB one and was like... wtf? It's the exact same price as the 8GB Nano ($250). With video playback and so much more storage space, I had to get it. Tis a bit on the bulky side but for the amount of space it has, I don't give a flying feck.

Guest rainidy

I recently bought a Cowon a2 from amazon for $312 USD shipped. =] It just came today and i'm loving it! I fell in love with it reading the reviews online, and it looks so beaaauutttiiifulll O_________________O Just looking at it i think it was worth it.

I'll post a full review later once i've played with it some more! I can say right now that it is 01930453128574817032x better than the 30g ipod i bought last month =__________=

EDIT

ok, so here's a picture of the cowon in case you haven't seen it. cowon-iaudio-a2.jpg

THE GOOD:

Long Battery life: the website claims 10 hours video and 18 hours audio, so far i've used it for about 4 hours worth of video and audio on the loudspeakers and it has only gone down 1 notch (out of 3).

There are speakers so i can share my music w/ more than 1 person, and it's not too big of a problem if i dont' have earphones on me.

The Display: it's so pretty....the screen is huge! (4-5 inches diagonally) and the settings are easy to use. Everything looks so professional and high tech.

Accessories: It came with a really nice leather(?) carrying case, a AV out/in cable, a usb, a AV adapter, a USB thing where you can directly connect 1 USB to another, and a line in recording cable.

Functions: i was really amazed at all it could do. This is my first high end PMP though, and i had a ipod video before this, so i guess i can't really judge since i've had no prior experience. But it can record video, audio(voice and radio). So far the quality is pretty good, but again, i haven't had any other PMP's to compare, but the quality for recording voice is pretty good, it can get sounds from pretty far away, and the video/radio recording is decent too. Another thing i really like is that i can hook it up to the TV and play it on there, so i can watch my dramas on my big screen instead of my computer screen without having to burn it on DVDs. Another thing i really like is that it takes softsubs, as long as it's in the same folder. In addition, the loading speed for putting files on is really fast, about 5 minutes for 1 gig. The A2 is pretty compatible but i still had to convert some of my videos because the codecs weren't compatible. It came with a converter, and the converter was pretty fast too, it took about 1 night to convert 15(?) gigs worth of videos. But that's because it for WMV codecs it only takes 9 and above, and a lot of my videos are old so they were in WMV 6-8 codec.

In addition, the screen resolution is reallllyyyyy nice, and even the sound coming out of the speakers is decent, although the bass gets kind of distorted if you turn up the sound all the way using the speakers.

THE BAD:

Sometimes it freezes, and then you have to stick something sharp and pointy into the reset hole. But this is partly my fault, since i change my mind about what i want to select, and before the thing can load i decide to go somewhere else, and it freezes because i press to many buttons at once. >.<

The instruction manual was waay to vague, so you kind of have to figure things out for yourself or go online and research. Finding the answer was really easy, since they have a support forum on their website, and their support employees are really quick at replying.

It's a bit on the heavy side, but coming from an ipod user i think i'm being biased. It's much heavier than the ipod video, but that's a given. But the huge screen makes up for the extra weight and size. It's pretty not all that heavy considering i once borrowed my friend's Creative Zen M and i thought that was pretty bulky too >.<

CONCLUSION

It was definately worth it for $300. For only $50 more than the ipod video and zen M, i highly recommend this.

I'm thinking of getting the same thing also, since there are great reviews on this one.

I recently purchased the new Samsung MP3 player, YP-K5, and I LOVE it so far! The small tiny speakers that come with it are awesome! Great sound for the tiny little speakers. The earbuds it comes with are unique and also nice. The screen is glossy and will attract fingerprints. It has radio, picture holding capabilities and all that... The program it comes with to transfer songs isn't really that helpful imo so I use WMP which is fine. I'm a freak about organization so I had to rename a buncha junk.. but other than that I really like the Mp3 player! It also gets charged up by USB

Guest coolieever

I just bought my Zen Vision:M and i tried to turn it on but cant, do i have to charge it first then turn it on??? how long does it take to charge it, i waited for like 5 hours but it wouldnt turn on yet , im confuse..someone help plz, :) thx alot...

you used the USB charger right? maybe you didnt install the disc right? or your computer isnt updated enough for the program to work? thats how mine was. it only worked on one of my computers. it takes HOURS to charge from the usb, so i suggest you get a wall charger

Guest Misello

OH!! AWESOME. so it IS sold here in Hawaii, i was kinda worried about that. lol, i've been reading what everyone has to say about the Creative Zen Vision: M and i really wanna get myself one for christmas now, hahaha. but some people were having problems with it. :crazy: and it doesn't come with a "wall charger"? argh.. but umm.. how much was it at Circuit City? :phew: there are warranties, right? lol.

I checked it on the site, and it says the Circuit City in Pearl Ridge is in stock, but I didn't really check it for myself. The price changes once a week or something. Few weeks ago, I saw it was for $224.99? and Then $229.99, then $227.99, and now back to $229.99. The price is around there. I hope there's warnanity. If not then :vicx: it might be kind of risky :tears:

I've heard, people doesn't really like the earphones that are provided with the Vision M. Is it uncomfortable? or.. is it just bad? O_O

Archived