Kim Dong Wan 김동완 - the singer

hkana

Guest eunicenyl

Yay!! I got Dongwan's 2nd album 2day :w00t:

I haven listen all the songs yet...but currently i'm so addicted 2 비밀 (Secret)!!!!

Tis song's really catchy...

I heard sum comments abt his 2nd album not being up 2 expectation as compared 2 his 1st album :(

But so far i tot it's pretty good! Given his vocal, i'm sure he sings well regardless of the genre of music...

And I'm glad 2 noe tat Dongwan's album is doin very well too...heee

Question for you all: Do you read fan fic? A looong time ago, I started various *NSYNC fanfic, but never progressed more than a couple chapters (probably due to the fact that they're broken up right now and I lost inspiration). I've been fiddling with 2 ideas for DW-centric fanfic and was wondering if you all would be interested. I'm kind of a notorious perfectionist, so it'll be awhile before they're up, but I just wanted to gauge interest.

Oh i got hooked on readin fanfics recently...

Fanfics on Shinhwa r hard 2 find nowadays :(

Do let us noe if u're startin one ^^

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fortuneteller

actually i find a litto hard to get in his 2nd album. It's more of him but a litto more complicated. So i understand those comments. But as ur wannie said now he wants to sing his own music, not to sing every kind of thing to make pleasure others. I respect it so much. He's such a mature person.

Recently i check my hug number images of wannie and i realise now he's so thin, so thinner than b4; that make me really hurt. It's maybe so selfish but i hope he'll end soon his solo and take a long rest...

I heard sum comments abt his 2nd album not being up 2 expectation as compared 2 his 1st album :(

Really? The majority of comments I've seen have been overwhelmingly the opposite...that his 2nd is much better than his first. Ah well, different tastes for different people, no? His album is also less mainstream than his first album, which could also be a factor. In my opinion, this album shows the kind of singer he's going to be in the future with more band music and amazing live vocals.

Anyway, AMAZING BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If you go here, you can see a short video interview of our guy. The most important tidbit? He said that he's going to probably do album promotions until August and then after that, he's thinking about holding a SOLO CONCERT!!! WHEEEE! So yeah, nothing is etched in stone, but at least he's mentioned it with his own two lips. I wonder if I can make enough money to go kekeke. I doubt it, but a girl can dream right? But hopefully this will mean a DVD will be on the way too. So, so, SOOOO excited!

Thank you so much for the wonderful news and link.

I really really really hope he has solo concert before he enlist and give us concert DVD so that we can watch over and over until he returns.

I for one love his 2nd album. I like it better than his 1st album. Something about his second album gets me to swing back and forth and tap my fingers to his songs! LOL! I love every one of the songs in 2nd jib where in 1st jib, there were couple of songs that I couldn't really get into. 2nd album was definately more him!

Really? The majority of comments I've seen have been overwhelmingly the opposite...that his 2nd is much better than his first. Ah well, different tastes for different people, no? His album is also less mainstream than his first album, which could also be a factor. In my opinion, this album shows the kind of singer he's going to be in the future with more band music and amazing live vocals.

Anyway, AMAZING BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If you go here, you can see a short video interview of our guy. The most important tidbit? He said that he's going to probably do album promotions until August and then after that, he's thinking about holding a SOLO CONCERT!!! WHEEEE! So yeah, nothing is etched in stone, but at least he's mentioned it with his own two lips. I wonder if I can make enough money to go kekeke. I doubt it, but a girl can dream right? But hopefully this will mean a DVD will be on the way too. So, so, SOOOO excited!

I believe this album is better than his first album. It exceeded all my expectations! I was expecting an album like the first one. But I'm so glad that he followed his heart and released an album that he really want. His vocals are so amazing!

I hope he pushed throught with his plans for a solo concert! I'm looking forward to that!

Guest dongwannieta

omo... i love almost all his songs... and he's looking more mature... love it love it love it!

PS: shinhwa's fic link on my signature... ^^

Guest shunryojun

Okey~ I don't listen to Shinhwa that much (like some of their songs) but.... I'm in love with DongWan *__* his voice, his looks and the songs *__*

I downloaded his album because of Tiffany's (SNSD) really short narration in Secret and I FELL IN LOVE *_* <3 *downloads his first album*

Guest theLEGEND

FOR REAL?!?! He's thinking about doing a solo concert? I'm glad he thinks about that. I always say this to myself "It's about time for KDW to do a concert!" I bet it will be the perfect gift for him before his enlistment. I hope this is true! C'mon Dongwan, surprise your fans with your concert but seriously, I want him to do a solo concert. I'll be freakin estatic if he decides to do it. :P

And about not being up to expectation, I must say that I really love his 2nd album compared to his 1st album. There's something about the recent album that really clicks with me. I mean when I listened to all the songs for the first time, my first impression was like "WOW" and I'm really speechless as to how awesome the album is. It's really impressive and honestly, beyond my expectation since I was expecting something similar to his 1st jib but I was wrong! It really wowed me so much that I've been repeating his album at home and in my car. My favorite song is definitely track no 3 "Why Is It Like This?" since I'm a sucker for choir and the melodies are <333.

Sigh.. I'm really in love with his album <33. :D

Guest chopsticksandspoon

I got my album the other week and hoho.

I am inlove with it!

I love it how Wan is just so versatile. I thought his versatility would end in the first album, that those songs are the end of it but NO. The second album's songs are totally different again. This time, I am loving it more than I did the 1st one.

Concert for Wan? AH. really now. A dream concert for me. well, second dream concert since my first dream concert is a Shinhwa concert.

Up until August is very good news. i won't go wan thirsty up until he enters the army then.

ah... made some wan wallpapers, if anyone are interested.

Guest jangneri

wow, a concert! that would be awesome<3333

And his enlistment would be august? That's happy news~ Though I hope he and Eric would enlist together.... my connection is a bit annoying tonight but I promise to be back with pictures... unless, someone beat me into posting them. :D

Guys, check out NAME... they posted a fancam of Dongwan filming Golden Bell. He's so awesome<3 The show changed their game so it was a group thing now. So I don't think Dongwan would win Golden Bell alone like before. The Golden Bell episode during 7th jib was awesome! :D Dongwan's one smart man~ hahaha

Guest redevilica

available in CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/cashewmania

Thanks a bunch, Joyce! :D

[HQ] Star Golden Bell (2008-05-24).avi [737.8MB]

Kim Dong Wan, SS501, Horan, Ga In + Narcia (Brown Eyed Girls), Mario, Baek Bo Ram, etc

Do NOT take these HQ cuts out of this clubbox. Thanks! :D

Kim Dong Wan - Secret on M.Net M!Countdown (2008-05-22) [cashewmania].avi [38.5MB]

Kim Dong Wan - Secret on Music Core (2008-05-24) [cashewmania] [33.5MB]

Guest aindy

[08.05.24] [News] Dongwan: Eric says Ga-In (Brown Eyed Girls) looks like Ryu Seung Bom

PROPER CREDITS IF TAKING OUT.

THANK YOU.

Translator's Note:

it would have been a funny incident to share...but this comment is causing such a mess right now

i think the fuss could be due to the fact that ryu seung bum isn't exactly the bestlooking dude out there, and maybe fans felt a little insulted by the comparison

as usual...fans/netizens just love to blow things out of proportion*

Kim Dongwan disclosed a shocking comment from fellow member Eric at the recording of KBS2's Star Golden Bell.

Ga-In of the Brown Eyed Girls, who also appeared on the show, stated that she's a big fan of Shinhwa, especially Eric. Kim Dongwan then commented "Ga-In seems to be really popular these days. Even Eric said that she's cute." But he then added, "Actually Eric couldn't quite recall Ga-In's name at first and we had to ask him who he was referring to. Then he said, 'The one that looks like Ryu Seung Bum's child' ", much to the amusement of the guests.

Kim Dongwan also shared another embarassing incident. "We went to (H.O.T) Tony An's home one day, and there was a kid who was looking at me in the elevator. I was already prepared to give him an autograph. But he didn't know that I was a Shinhwa member, and he said he really envied me for being Tony An's neighbour."

On the other hand female MC Yoon Soo Young picked out Kim Dongwan among all the guests as the one that she would like to climb a mountain with. Kim Dongwan said with a smile, "When my mother sees Yoon Soo Young on TV, she smiles really widely and tells me that she's really like me." When asked if he would like Yoon Soo Young as a wife, he replied "My mom would really like that."

This episode of Star Golden Bell will be broadcast on May 24 at 5.20pm.

Source: osen

Chi trans: lostall@情投E赫

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[08.05.24] [Diary] Jibaek Jihwang Soup

Translator's Note:

*it's the name of some herbal medicine, and a question about this came up on the episode of Star Golden Bell he was on

and as for the search results....i'm guessing that he might have chanced upon more negative responses about the Eric/Ga-In (Brown Eyed Girls) comment he made on Star Golden Bell*

It's a medicine that my mom took when she got sick because of stress.....

It's also used as a stimulant. It's a name I remember when I said 'Oh ho! It's an interesting ingredient~'....

It's the name of the medicine that I shouted out loud as a joke on today's episode of Golden Bell....

But why are today's search results like this? -____-;

Ohho~~

It's been really miserable today..

Source: November21

Chi trans: 韩小国 @ BESTSHINHWA

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[08.05.24] [Diary] Reporters! Reports about Brown Eyed Girls' Ga In..

Translator's Note:

*Here's the background to this diary is the first news i posted..

the almighty netizens are now attacking Eric for his comment, though that comment was really a harmless joke in a conversation between friends - that also probably wasn't meant for anyone else's ears beside their own...

i can only say...don't feel too bad dongwannie, it's not like eric cares about trivial things like silly comments from netizens....but now you know how reporters can blow things out of proportion...just be more careful in future...*

If I were to start off with the conclusion,

I shouldn't have but I came up with it just to make things more interesting.

If I were to try to explain this, that's because I thought that repeating the same things over and over again would be tedious so I came up with something on the spot.

I've already seen more than 10 reports about this published, and a comment that was really meant as a joke just grows bigger and bigger. So I'm writing this message now.

More than anyone else I'm really sorry to the fans of Brown Eyed Girls and Miss Ga In herself, and I hope this will not hurt Eric-gun, whose drama is about to air, in any way.

Lastly,

I apologize to the reporters who wrote reports based on things I've said that are not true.

Please forgive me... ㅜ__________ㅜ;

Source: www.november21.co.kr

Guest theLEGEND

Guys, check out NAME... they posted a fancam of Dongwan filming Golden Bell. He's so awesome<3 The show changed their game so it was a group thing now. So I don't think Dongwan would win Golden Bell alone like before. The Golden Bell episode during 7th jib was awesome! :D Dongwan's one smart man~ hahaha

Can I get the full address of the website? I had it saved in my favorites before but I couldn't find it now. Thank you! :)

Looking forward to watch him on Star Golden Bell. Sigh.. Reporters nowadays. I guess Dongwan will start to think about what he wants to say very carefully. Anyways.. Dongwan FIGHTING! :)

What are we going to do with him! LOL! He is going to get in trouble with Eric...Eric already told him when he was going to be on SS Plus to not to fool around too much...

As usual, netizens and reporters blew it out of proportion....

Right after DW said it, Ga-In herself said that without makeup, during high school that was her nickname.

I just hope that he doesn't get too depressed over this....

[08.05.24] [News] Dongwan: Eric says Ga-In (Brown Eyed Girls) looks like Ryu Seung Bom

Translator's Note:

it would have been a funny incident to share...but this comment is causing such a mess right now

i think the fuss could be due to the fact that ryu seung bum isn't exactly the bestlooking dude out there, and maybe fans felt a little insulted by the comparison

as usual...fans/netizens just love to blow things out of proportion*

Source: www.november21.co.kr

Can I get the full address of the website? I had it saved in my favorites before but I couldn't find it now. Thank you! :)

It's kimdongwan.name - I recommend using Internet Explorer (whenever I used Firefox, the website came out all funky).

As for Star Golden Bell, he was adorable and funny and the "life" of the show (as always). In regards to the Ga-In incident, the problem was that the MC was like you're making a joke b/c you're jealous she said that Eric is her favorite member right? (when he said that Eric said that about Ga-In). And he said, nope, I'm not joking, but he really WAS joking at that point too. He was wrong to fib like that, but it shows how absolutely stupid the Korean press is to put something like this IN the press and make a big deal out of it. He's taking full responsibility for his actions and I'm betting he apologized to Ga-In and Eric in-person or by phone. Because he quickly did that, I hope that Brown Eyed Girls fans will calm down and not make this into a bigger deal. AND that our guy will not get all upset and stressed out over it.

I'm completely amazed at how much press he's gotten for this small appearance! There's also a ton of articles about the female MC saying she wanted to go on a mountain trip with DW (it's completely cute...actually when this new female MC came on SGB, I actually thought she'd be cute with DW b/c of their similar eye-smiles) and DW's joking "medical" advice. Anyway, it's a must-watch - watching him smile and laugh makes me so happy.

Anyway, amidst all the SGB wack articles, there are also articles about how DW donated a significant amount of money to the China earthquake incident. It'll probably be translated soon, but basically the articles go through how much he's donated to the "Love Request" program over the years. He may be "cheap" when it comes to his personal life, but he is SO generous with his money when it involves helping other people. I'm so proud to be a fan of someone like him.

Guest jangneri

Dongwan didn't mean any harm... and even Ga In knows it so I don't know why the reporters are making such a big fuss. And besides, she wasn't offended by it.... (maybe because she admitted it being her nickname before).

But anyways, thank you for the translation~ I hope Dongwan, Eric and Ga In are feeling better.

More concert news!! (Sort of)

Okay girls, the concert is definitely happening! DW had a radio interview today and when asked about future plans, he said he is in preparations for his concert, but can't really say much about it. So it's just confirming what he's already said, but it's great to hear that the ball is already rolling.

*does happy dance*

He sounded like his lovable, laughing self, so I hope he's okay after writing all that SBG stuff in his diary. DW fighting!

Guest 80slitenite

It took me forever to find these. Credit as tagged. WanJin! So cute.

You can view their perf on Ocean's Six website

080523KBS-i.jpg

080523KBS-u.jpg

080523KBS-t.jpg

080523KBS-s.jpg

080523KBS-r.jpg

080523KBS-q.jpg

080523KBS-p.jpg

080523KBS-o.jpg

080523KBS-n.jpg

080523KBS-m.jpg

080523KBS-l.jpg

080523KBS-k.jpg

080523KBS-j.jpg

Here's the article regarding the quake

[08.05.25][news] Kim Dongwan donates 20 million won to quake victims

Singer Kim Dongwan has donated 20 million won to the victims of the recent Sichuan earthquake.

Recently busy with promotional activities for his 2nd album, Kim Dongwan made a donation of 20 million won through KBS' Love Request to the unfortunate victims of the earthquake. After appearing on the show on May 17, he made the donation in his own name without informing his management company.

When Kim Dongwan was previously busy with Shinhwa promotions a few years ago, he also made personal donations in 2003 through Love request to victims of the Daegu subway fire, 12 million won to the children's cancer foundation, 10 million won to flood victims and in 2006, he donated 15 million won to the victims of the North Korea flood.

1184563725409_1.jpg

Kim Dongwan says, "After understanding the magnitude of the Sichuan quake from the media, I had to do something. Not as an artiste, but as a human being, even if it's just a small part, I still hope to be able to help the quake victims in some way."

Kim Dongwan's title track from his 2nd album has been making waves on all music charts, and he is receiving recognition for his vocal abilities through all his live performances.

Source: OCEAN'S SIX

Chi trans: yujin@bestshinhwa

Archived