Kim Dong Wan 김동완 - the singer

hkana

What are we going to do with our boys! They just don't know when to stop and take care of themselves.

Thank you for letting us know.

EDIT: Did you guys know that Dongwan will be on Miraculous Victory And Defeat this Sunday? If you go to their forum, there's link there you can see Dongwan topless and one of the female is washing his bare back! Lucky girl! Don't we all wish it was us! LOL!

I was just about to post DW's adorable pictures from his upcoming appearance on Miraculous Victory and Defeat, but I just read some distressing news. My Korean isn't the best so I'm not going to do a line-by-line translation, but basically, for the past 11 days, he's been in the recording studio finishing his 2nd album for its release date of April 24th. B/c of Shinhwa's activities and concerts, he hadn't been able to rest in between. He suddenly had acute abdominal pain (I think that's what it is) and fainted. He's been admitted to the hospital and is receiving treatment. (Click here for the list of articles).

I'm sure they'll be full translated articles soon, but I just wanted to bring to everyone's attention. Please keep him in your prayers. :tears: The articles were saying how this may affect his album release date and promotions, but seriously? We don't care. We just want him healthy. I hope he gets lots and lots of rest and doesn't worry and stress about his album. It's important, but not as important as his health.

I don't like thinking about my lovely, always-smiling oppa in pain. :tears:

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMO! OMO! I just heard the news..

my, my.. i hope he's fine now..

i mean, he keeps on working and stressing himself..

yes, we want his album, but we want him alive..

his life is more important than his album..

*sigh*

GET WELL SOON DONGWANNIE OPPA!!!!

heres an article about it. wannie will get better i know he will =[

[08.04.12][News] KimDongWan admited to hospital due to acute colitis

KimDongWan, admited to the hospital due to acute colitis and intestinal blockage (i think it's call like that?) , Album release delay.

Artist KimDongWan (29) admited to the hospital due to acute colitis and there were blockage, as his 2nd album release date is getting near to the date, accumulate there will be a delay due to his health.

On 11th when he was doing his 2nd album recording he was sent to the nearest hospital in Seoul Kangnam and receive an emergency treatment. The doctor noted that it is due to acute colities and intestinal blockage.

After SHINHWA 10th anniversary concert, he had not been slowing his schedule down and continue with his busy recording schedule thus had mislead his own health and ended up feeling a great pain on his tummy.

The management company related staff express "Although he had been complaining that he felt pain on his tummy a few days before but due to the 2nd album release date is getting near so he hold back all the pain and keep insisting on doing the recording. But now after receive the analytic results from the hospital, there will be needed 3 to 4 days for him to receive medical treatment."

The 2nd album which had set to be release on April 24th had became uncertain.

Source:osen

Cn Trans:咖啡@Dongwan Baidu

Eng Trans: amane86@myshinhwa, shinhwa.biz

Guest hahaheehee

:tears: That's horrible news. Hope Dongwan rests well and takes good care of himself!

Sigh, ironic that the guy who's such a health freak would persist on to record despite feeling pain in his tummy!

I don't mind waiting longer for his 2nd jib, as long as he's healthy and fine.

It's like every year, we will keep reading of news about the Shinhwa members falling ill or sustaining some sort of injury or other from overworking. :( Pls take good care of yourself oppa!

I haven't heard about the single with Jade Valerie. Is she a Korean singer?

Guest 80slitenite

Omg our namja is sick!!! Please take care of yourself Oppa. He's carrying too many things on his shoulder right now. I hope he recovers soon. Kim Dongwan fighting!!!!

kdwaja.jpg

Guest love!melody

[08.04.12][News] KimDongWan admited to hospital due to acute colitis

i hope he gets well soon. and even if the release date of the album is delayed, he should gets some rest. aja aja hwaiting~! <3

Guest plumangel3

i just read about his admittance into the hospital :(

i hope he's alright. he shouldnt overwork himself too much.

please think about your health too! get well soon!

Guest jangneri

I hope he gets better soon. >___< I feel really depressed after reading the news. *sob sob* The most healthy member of Shinhwa, sick! I know he wants to do the best he could for the fans of for himself, but he shouldn't push himself so much.

Get well soon Dongwan!! We are all sending good thoughs your way!!!

Thanks everyone posting for all the pics and news on Wannie. I just pop in to lurk around and read up on the latest news. Thanks again for keeping us all up to date .

Guest kunjit

oh dongwan..my fave shinhwa member is sick.. :tears: :tears:

get well soon dongwan oppa..

thanks for the news and pics..i'm a silent reader before.. :blush:

I'm glad to see silent readers posting! Even though it's b/c our Wannie is sick. :(

^O snap...'cause I was about to post here that he's doing a collaborated single with Jade Valerie (thread here).

Besides my concern if the song is recorded or not, that sucks for him! :(

I read about this at various Shinhwa sites! Seems like a lot of people are excited about it. I'm assuming the song was recorded since her album release is so soon. *fingers crossed*

Guest adikkeluangman

Kim Dongwan, rushed to the hospital

April 12, 2008

dongwanhospitalid0.jpg

Yesterday, April 11, while recording for his 2nd album, Kim Dongwan had severe abdominal pain and was immediately rushed to a hospital in Kangnam, Seoul. His 2nd album was scheduled to come out on the 24th but because of this incident, the release date might be pushed back.

“Dongwan has been having abdominal pains for several days now but he still went on recording so as not to delay the album release. He’s been diagnosed with Acute Gastroenteritis and Intestinal Obstruction. He needs to be confined in the hospital for 3-4 days and it’s priority that he takes rest,” announced an official from Kim Dongwan’s label.

Whether the album will still be released on the 24th is still unclear.

Source: Mydaily + krnloop

Guest rufflezz

His albums and voice is really good :)

It's a good thing that each other them went individually and composed their own cd's

since then they can show us their special singing talents :D

From dramabeans.com:

Kim Dong Wan, currently hospitalized after collapsing in the studio on the 11th, anticipates being released on the 15th, according to management. Reasons for his condition are attributed to stress from overwork; his solo album release will now be postponed until he is completely recovered, probably to early May.

I hope he's not trying to "rush" his recovery. Oppa, please listen to your body and be 100% better before you even think about attempting to go back to work!

DW was also on this week's "Miraculous Defeat and Victory" (I downloaded mine from yoenin's clubbox, so I have no idea if there is a clip somewhere or not). He was of course his adorable and smiley self (he also shows off his "sexy back" at one point...scroll down for pics), but I couldn't fully enjoy it b/c I kept wondering if he was in pain during the shooting of this too.

Some images (Credits to SBS + Shinhwa.biz/forums):

12079045481pl6.png

12079048962ik0.png

12079050094bt8.png

12079048963hu5.png

12079050095bs3.png

12079051186bn8.png

Anybody else agree that he'd be perfect for a segeuk (historical) drama? The hanbok and topnot suits him so well! I know he's mentioned wanting to do one some day (he's actually met with PD's about casting him in one), so maybe we'll see him when he comes back from military service.

*Cues Justin Timberlake's "Sexy Back"* (Credits on the pics):

dw1.jpg

dw2.jpg

Broad shoulders and slim waist...he has like the perfect swimmer's body no? *drools*

Guest love!melody

oh baby~! :sweatingbullets: LOL thank you for the screen cap pictures :) can't wait to watch it! ^^ been quite some since we last saw dongwan oppa. and hubuhbuhbuhbuh! <3 LMAO that is one sexy back! haha! *nosebleed* :) though it's nice to see, must have been cold ><;; hope he doesn't get a cold or anything as well. hope he gets some rest and that we'll be able to see the smiley, HEALTHY dongwan again! ^^i didn't really think dongwan oppa would get sick because he's usually the shinhwa members who takes care of his health the most. anyways, dongwan hwaiting! we'll all be praying for you <3

Guest redevilica

available in CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/cashewmania

[HQ] New Good Sunday Miraculous Victory & Defeat (2008-04-13).avi [538.2MB]

Taeyeon + Sooyoung (SNSD), Dongwan, Jang Nara, Choi Jung Won (UN), Park Hyun Bin, Jung Joo Ri, Jung Mi Sun, Kim Joo Hee, Kim Il Joong

Aw, I hope he gets better soon and take good care of his health

Archived