Kim Dong Wan 김동완 - the singer

hkana

^ NICE PIC! I really like all of his photos posted in his blog. It shows how artistic he really is... ^__^

^ Wow! I love it! The song was so sad... T_T And Wannie's acting -SUPERB! I like ALMOST everyone in the video... hehe.. I dunno some of them... ^^;;

Guest kriza_09

I've watched the Eternity MV.. and I'm disappointed!!! I feel like his scene is too short... The girls have no-cut scenes and we can see their emotions gradually change into tears... but Dongwan's scene was cut in parts so we can't really get into his emotion... >"<

Guest 80slitenite

It was really a shame kriza. Wannie's acting was amazing. Also Shindong from Suju got cut. so strange.

[2008.09.10]Kim Dongwan on KJE's Chocolate

Talk + Something Stupid w/ Younha + A Man's Love.

His english is beautiful. He looks so dreamy. Younha is cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhicgn8vaxA

http://www.shinhwa.biz/forums/showthread.php?t=6776

O6 and Yoenin also have pics and footage from YDH's Loveletter. I can't wait to see that performance.

I've watched the Eternity MV.. and I'm disappointed!!! I feel like his scene is too short... The girls have no-cut scenes and we can see their emotions gradually change into tears... but Dongwan's scene was cut in parts so we can't really get into his emotion... >"<

I definitely agree. I was waiting for the MV to come out hoping to see more of Dongwan but his scene was so short. It was not even 10 seconds I don't think.

Guest 80slitenite

[08.09.11][news] Kim Dong Wan, "Solo concerts will be my last event before army"

On Kim Jung Eun's Chocolate show, it was revealed that after Shinhwa's Kim Dong Wan has his concerts that will be entering the army. He will be going into the army after Eric starts his service.

On the 10th during the music show (Kim Jung Eun's Chocolate), Kim Dong Wan made an appearence and talked about his impending military service.

Kim Dong Wan said, "My first solo concerts will be taking place. After it is finished, I plan to go into fulfill my army service right away. The concerts, I believe, will be my last activity."

The start date for Kim Dong Wan's service would be determined at the end of September. The latest would be in November.

Shinhwa member Eric will be starting his service on 10/9 at Choong Nam Nonsan army camp.

A representative stated, "At the conclusion of Kim Dong Wan's concerts, he will not have any events for 2 years. Thus, the concert will be very memorable. There is plans for Shinhwa members to be present at the concerts."

Kim Dong Wan's concert will be on the 20th and 21st at the Ewha Women University at the Yang Il auditorium.

credit: oceans-six.com

translator: HappyHeart7@shinhwa.biz

Well good news he's leaving a little bit later than the other article stated. Man his solo concert is going to be amazing. Good luck to whoever is going.^^

Guest jangneri

[08.09.11][news] Kim Dong Wan, "Solo concerts will be my last event before army"

That made me tear up. ;_; I know it was actually going to be the case but it still makes me sad. I was really happy he guested in KJE' Chocolate and YDH's Loveletter before he goes. Especially in Loveletter. I think I'll be playing that clip a lot on the coming two years... *sniff*

2008 MNET KOREAN MUSIC FESTIVAL (MKMF)

Date: November 15, 2008

Time: 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM

Performers: TVXQ, Super Junior, Big Bang, SS501, Battle, SHINee, FT Island, Wonder Girls, Supernova, Lee Hyori, SNSD, MC Mong, SG Wannabe, Ivy, Dong Wan

Credits: Shinki forums + minsarang@wp + mimiirin @ SNSD thread + miyachan11 @ Shinee thread + blou@soompi

so, uh, tell me who is not excited?

^oh. is that true? but he will be already at the army at that time. were they allowed to go out once they were in the military service??

oh. so that just make everything confirmed now. though it would be better if he would go a little later than Eric, or they should just go together. hehehe.

Guest 80slitenite

so, uh, tell me who is not excited?

jinchayo???!?!?!?!?! so i guess he'll leave mid November? but yes this disagrees with the article i posted. hmm...

Hey guys Yonnie subbed Come to Play Idol Special the one Dongwan was on. Wooooo!

Go watch!

[Come2Play] Old Idol Special Pt 1 (1/6) [eng subbed]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwfwmo2_P7g

Visit her channel to view the other parts and subscribe^^

http://www.youtube.com/user/yonnieyonnie

Guest kriza_09

I prefer him going now rather than in November... The weather is really nice now, especially in Korea.. not too hot and not too cold..

November is just too cold... especially since the basic military training takes 5 months, so if he's going in Nov, then it means he'll have to do it until Dec, right? I don't want him to wake up in early morning and spend a day outside in a freezing snowy day... >"<

Anyway, I don't care about the MKMF at all... *remember what happened last year* ughh..

Guest 80slitenite

Omg for real kriza?! Then Wannie needs to leave sooner than later. Gah~ I don't want to imagine him suffering with the cold. Good point also about MKMF. I almost forgot what they did to our guys last year. I hope DW doesn't go or any of them.

[08.09.15][notice] Kim Dongwan's concert - Special event

Hi everyone

This is Town, the organizer of the concert.

The details for the special event at Kim Dongwan's concert are as follows:

The concert tickets have all been mailed out~

Does everyone see the right side of the ticket which can be torn out?

Please fill in your name and phone number behind the perforated section!

The Ten Ten Club will be waiting to get on the phone with you at the concert!

Who will be the lucky one? ^^

Please don't forget! Fill in your details~

Thank you very much.

Source: OCEAN

Chi trans: susan427@bestshinhwa.com

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

Guest 80slitenite

[08.09.16][news] Kim Dongwan: Please do not forget me

About to leave his fans behind temporarily to serve the nation, Kim Dongwan hopes that his fans will not forget him, thus naming his concert "Promise."

After fellow Shinhwa members Junjin and Andy, Kim Dongwan will also be holding his solo concert, "Promise", in Seoul at Ewha Women's University on 20/21 Sept at 7pm. This will be his first, as well as last, concert before he enlists for military service.

In a phone interview held on 16th Sept, Kim Dongwan said, "Incidentally my first concert is also my last before army enlistment, and I'm really nervous about it. I'll put in 120% worth of efforts for the remaining practices, and present the best of me to everyone, to the best of my abilities."

"I'll be enlisting very soon, and at the concert I'll be spending time with the fans, singing and chatting from the stage."

"My recent schedule has been pretty much focuses on rehearsing with the band and preparing for the concert."

"Shinhwa concerts are more focused on the overall stage performance rather than just focusing on the music, but now we have the bandmaster controlling the sound so that everyone can focus on the vocals."

"I'm really looking forward to having the fans at the concert, and with this concert I really hope to create everlasting memories for them."

Having released his first solo album last year with the title track Handkerchief and follow-up single It's My Fault, Kim Dongwan has gone on to release his 2nd album this year, featuring electronica-infused title track Secret and follow-up single A Man's Love.

Besides featuring fellow Shinhwa members as his special guests, Kim Hyun Chul, Sweet Sorrow, Wanted's Kim Jae Suk, Younha and Joo will also be making special guest appearances.

Kim Dongwan will be performing Kim Hyun Chul's Wae Keurae (he also did a cover of the song on his 2nd album) as a duet with Kim Hyun Chul himself; Younha, who has just performed together with Kim Dongwan on Yoon Do Hyun's Love Letter, will also appear on stage.

Having been a DJ for 2 years on SBS' Ten Ten Club from 2003-2005, Kim Dongwan will relive those moments with the fans through live phonecalls.

"This is the first concert in my name, so I'm nervous yet excited."

Kim Dongwan will be enlisting for military service in early November, going through the basic military training before moving to serve in the civil service.

Source: segye

Chi trans: wangshu_1115@shinhwayeah.com

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

AH! It's been so long since I've posted. I've been lurking in and out, but I've been in the midst of finishing summer school, graduating (hurrah!), and last but not least, planning a crazy, last-minute trip to see KIM DONG WAN!!! I totally didn't even fathom the chance that I could go, but the stars sort of lined up, and I will be seeing our guy (my heart has been racing like crazy these past few days). I will be sure to share my experience here (probably no media, since my pictures turn out crappy anyway AND I think, unlike other concerts I've gone to where I tried to take pictures, I'm just going to ENJOY and just BE at the concert...I'm sure wonderful sites like Lover and Name will have amazing clips/pictures though). T-minus 3 days! GAH!