Kim Dong Wan 김동완 - the singer

hkana

Do you all remember that article during his "Because It's My Fault" promotions about how DW was getting more and more guy fans? I was browsing some of the streaming music sites and came across this comment on melon.com and just had to share:

동완형 남자팬.. (Dongwan hyung's guy fan...)

노래도 잘부르고고 (Sings well and...) 형님은 얼굴도 너무잘생기셨고 (Hyung's face is so good-looking and...) 거기다 유머러스함과 자상함까지...(Is even humorous)

정말 닮고싶은 남자 (I really want to be like him)....노래도 좋네요!! (The song's great too!)

Note to guys: Strive to be like DW and girls will be swarming to you. kekekeke

I've actually seen lots of comments from guy fans on various sites. I love it! You know you're popular when not just fan girls think you're awesome. :D

Wow, I don't think I've ever topped a page before. I present pics that represent the acting role that I hope DW will take on when he comes back from the army (and the role he mentioned he would like to take on too in an appearance on Japanese TV): A young, handsome daddy (I've mentioned this before, but I have a huge thing for hot guys and cute kids):

0701261eo3.jpg

1171896210dsc00358hma19yw5.jpg

DW-1.jpg

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tnsyn123

Dongwan oppa appeals to everyone that is charm :D

He also appeals to other Asian artists too..

during his first jib he did the duet with He Jie in chinese and now on the 2nd jib he have a duet with Jade. And I think those artists specifically ask to sing with oppa. B)

His voice just sound good in any kind of language. :blush:

ah, worldtravler58 i love those pictures! so cute! really? our wannie is popular eh? hehe ^^ i love how he has girl fans but also guy fans hehe. so special!!

thanks everyone for the pictures and everything. wannie looks hoottt @___@

woot! go wannie making it first topping over mcmong and epik high!!

Guest angel2nyt

Do you all remember that article during his "Because It's My Fault" promotions about how DW was getting more and more guy fans? I was browsing some of the streaming music sites and came across this comment on melon.com and just had to share:

노래도 잘부르고고 (Sings well and...) 형님은 얼굴도 너무잘생기셨고 (Hyung's face is so good-looking and...) 거기다 유머러스함과 자상함까지...(Is even humorous)

I've actually seen lots of comments from guy fans on various sites. I love it! You know you're popular when not just fan girls think you're awesome. :D

Wow, I don't think I've ever topped a page before. I present pics that represent the acting role that I hope DW will take on when he comes back from the army (and the role he mentioned he would like to take on too in an appearance on Japanese TV): A young, handsome daddy (I've mentioned this before, but I have a huge thing for hot guys and cute kids):

i have a feeling that he WILL be in a drama or in best theater again this year.. he hinted about it from his interview

wannie is also very popular with kids..hahahaha

i remember in that one variety show, where there were kids, and all the kids chose wannie

it was so adorable..

i have a feeling that he WILL be in a drama or in best theater again this year.. he hinted about it from his interview

wannie is also very popular with kids..hahahaha

i remember in that one variety show, where there were kids, and all the kids chose wannie

it was so adorable..

This year? Are you sure? I don't think he's going to have time and from the interview I read, as soon as he's done with his military service, he says he wants to get back to acting (preferably a movie) first before singing.

And you're talking about the Fantasy Couple variety show! That was the BEST episode ever and Wannie was so popular with the kids. He's going to be an awesome daddy some day. :wub: I hope he goes on that show again and gets a more outgoing kid-partner next time. The kid Wannie was paired up with was a cutie, but kinda shy - Wannie was completely psychic during that word-guessing part b/c the kid wasn't doing anything!

Guest miss lakwon

Wannie Oppa has the most male fans I think out of the Shinhwa members.

At least, thats what I heard.

He is good looking.

He sings well.

He acts well.

He dances well.

What else can he not do? ^_^

Guest nglkt

My Favourite song from his 2nd

바람의 노래/ Baramhui Norae (Wind’s Song).

It's simply angelic. It's really smoothing and catchy at the same time.

My other favourites are Bimil, a man's love, Psy kiss, wae keu lae, Honey and track 9(that song sounds like trot)

Is it just me or that his live performances now are PERFECT? not saying that his live performances in the past are bad but just a little unstable at times when he is down with minor illnesses. I still remember when he sings son su geon live, his voice is sometimes unstable. but WOW, he sings perfectly and sounds better than the album itself when he sings live!

His vocal is much better now. Really good!!!

P.S: i wished him danced more LOL. HAHA.

Guest sungmin

:D Hi, everyone, My Favourite songs from DW 2nd album : Psy Kiss, 사이키스 (Psy Kiss) Kiss Between Us, this song is very interesting with 135 bpm dance track, 바람의 노래 -Song of the wind, & Honey (Feat. Eric) ^^

and share some pics form Focus News Network Korea (fnn.co.kr)

i1.jpg

i4.jpg

i3.jpg

i2.jpg

credits to fnn.co.kr+yoenin.net+kimdongwanthailand.net

Guest jangneri

do you all remember that article during his "Because It's My Fault" promotions about how DW was getting more and more guy fans?

I think the main reason to his growing male fans is because his songs are the type of songs males like to listen to~ And his personality is really well-liked. Though I thought Minwoo and Hyesung would have the biggest male fans.

That's one of my favorites from the album. It's simply divine from beginning to end. I love it so much!

Is it just me or that his live performances now are PERFECT? not saying that his live performances in the past are bad but just a little unstable at times when he is down with minor illnesses. I still remember when he sings son su geon live, his voice is sometimes unstable. but WOW, he sings perfectly and sounds better than the album itself when he sings live!

I was thinking the same thing! I guess he got used to singing a lot more and he chose a song that would be easy for him to sing to even if his voice is hoarse and he is not feeling well. I guess since it's spring-summer he doesn't get sick as often as he did during his first album promotion when it was fall-winter.

I think the main reason to his growing male fans is because his songs are the type of songs males like to listen to~ And his personality is really well-liked. Though I thought Minwoo and Hyesung would have the biggest male fans.

That's true. I was once listening to his first CD when "Handkerchief" came on and my brother was like, Oh so this it the person who sings this song! Apparently his college roommate (who's from Korea) listens to it over and over. Now my brother listens to Wannie b/c of me too lol (I completely infiltrate his brain...poor thing, he went through my almost-decade long *NSYNC fandom during my teens - he knew like all the words and even some of the dancing lol).

I remember when Wannie was on Park Jung Ah's radio show with Lee Soo Young and Sung Si Kyung and they were talking about this. After DW sung his live, the very first comment that came via online or texting was from a guy...He said something like, Hyungnim, you are the best! DW was like, jokingly, why don't girls like me too? Haha.

Guest 80slitenite

[08.05.17][trans] Kim Dongwan: It's Andy's era now

We often see "thanks to" messages in albums, where singers express their gratitude to the people who've helped them in the production of the album. These people would usually be staff members from the management agency, recording crew, fellow artistes who feature on the album etc.

However on Kim Dongwan's album, the messages are dedicated to everyone who has ever helped him along the way throughout his career, right from SM Entertainment's Lee Soo Man and all the producers and managers that he has worked with through the years. Even now, he still sends his greetings to Lee Soo Man on festive occasions. No matter what the circumstances were when he left the company, he makes it a point to express his gratitude to everyone that has helped him before. We meet with happy guy Kim Dongwan, who has just returned with his 2nd solo album, The Secret. Although he selected a ballad as the title track for his 1st album, this time round he has gone for an electronica track. He tells us that he is still looking for his own unique features as a singer.

Rivalry between the Shinhwa members? It's Andy's era now

Q: Last year you competed with Lee Minwoo and Shin Hyesung, and this year it's against Junjin and Andy.

DW: Andy's really popular now, it's not going to be an easy battle (laughs). When I started work on the 2nd album I was still rather confident, but looking at Andy's popularity now, it's really no laughing matter. It's Andy's era now.

Q: The other members are all very active overseas.

DW: Regarding overseas activities, I'll think more aout it when I'm done with military service. I'm considering Japan for now.

Q: It's Shinhwa's 10th anniversary this year, but there haven't been any activities other than the concert. Don't you feel it's a pity?

DW: It is, but the members all have their work schedules lined up, so it's very difficult to coordinate all our schedules.

Q: Would you say that's why you're concentrating more on your 2nd solo album instead of Shinhwa's 9th album?

DW: In a way, yes. But rather than to say that there was no effort for Shinhwa's 9th album, it might be more appropriate to say that since there was no way for us to have group activities even though we released our album, the only choice was for me to concentrate on my album.

Q: Before Shinhwa made their debut, I heard that you once thought of forming a group called BOB with MC Mong and Seo In Chang.

DW: I did, but I was thinking if we would disappear into anonymity after releasing 1 or 2 albums. That's because our concept was to be a comic group, so I don't suppose we would have lasted long. At that point in time, UP and DJ DOC were really popular and comic songs were pretty popular.

Q: Would a solo debut have been better?

DW: Probably not. Shinhwa was really the right choice.

Money? I've earned enough to get married, but I'd like to use it for investment.

Q: You're enlisting for military service this year?

DW: I can't be thinking of starting any acting projects now. During the army stint, I don't want to do anything and I just want time for myself. I'd like to spend that period of time doing things unrelated to the entertainment world.

Q: It hasn't been easy to get through the past 10 years, have you thought of taking a break?

DW: Not exactly retirement, but I've thought of going on a hiatus for 4-5 years. I've given my all, and there isn't anything much I can offer to everyone.

Q: Have you earned a lot of money?

DW: It's enough for me to get married, but I'm thinking of investing it. I'm thinking of using the money to study overseas or just for the things that I want to do.

Q: When you return from military service, would you rather focus on singing or acting?

DW: Probably acting.

Q: What kind of actor do you hope to become?

DW: I hope to be able to make viewers feel that no one else but me could portray those roles.

Q: Don't you have a girlfriend?

DW: No, but if I did, I'd want to get married now. I'm thinking a lot about getting married, cooking and doing chores these days. If I'm married, I wouldn't be staying out so often.

Q: The type of girls that you like would be those who would make a good wife and mother?

DW: In a way. I like chubbier girls, not the sexy and slim ones. Though I used to like sexy and slim girls when I was younger, but not anymore.

Practising until I hurt my voice, that's when I feel that I found my unique vocal feature.

Q: No one expected you to release a dance track instead of a ballad for your title track.

DW: I'm more confident about ballads, but since I'm a pop singer I have to consider the preferences of the mass audience.

Q: You seem to have a different composer for each song. Is there a set of criteria you have when you collect songs for your album?

DW: Nothing in particular, but I'm more skewed towards songs that can be played together with a band set-up. I had many composers of different genres participating in the album.

Q: Did you have a lot of vocal practice?

DW: I was very concerned with protecting my voice for the 1st album, so I sang within my limits. But this time round I wanted to practise until I hurt my voice. In the end I didn't hurt it but I find that I have found my unique vocal feature. And now I have a wider vocal range.

Q: You do want to continue singing right?

DW: I'm a little more confident about it now. During the 1st album I thought "what if this doesn't succeed", but I don't worry about that anymore.

Q: I heard that you were very emotional during the release of your 1st album. How about your 2nd album?

DW: I was really an emotional wreck during the 1st album. But I'm not like that anymore, I'm more nervous about if I can do it well.

Q: What were you most troubled with during the production of the album?

DW: During the production there wasn't much to be stressed about, but I was quite troubled when it came down to selecting the title track.

Q: There must be some pressure to succeed since it's your last album before you head for military service.

DW: I didn't want to panic about anything, I felt that the more I panicked the worse it would be.

Q: Your thoughts and hopes for the 2nd album and your activities?

DW: I hope to be able to have more performances. I was too nervous and emotional during the 1st album and I couldn't perform much. In future I'd like to be able to meet the fans through more performances.

Source: donga&oceans

Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

080517 Love Quest - Dongwan Talk + Secret perf

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RF0KTQk9CKo

[08.05.18][diary] Dongwan - ^__^;

*this should be in reference to the earthquake in Sichuan, China...Dongwannie was on a show called Love Request to rally for donations for the earthquake victims...* - midnightgirl13 wrote that part.

Wa~ Made a donation~!

Congratulations! Isn't it great to be able to help someone?

Sleep is the best thing when your mind is confused..

I should turn off the computer soon~Zzzzz..

Source: November21

Chi trans: 韩小国 @ BESTSHINHWA

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

Even now, he still sends his greetings to Lee Soo Man on festive occasions. No matter what the circumstances were when he left the company, he makes it a point to express his gratitude to everyone that has helped him before.

I interned in Hollywood this semester and the #1 lesson I learned about the entertainment industry? Don't burn bridges. I'm so proud of Dongwan for moving past whatever issues that Shinhwa had with SM. Despite the rumors and bad stories, it's thanks to LSM that we have Shinhwa and by extension, we have Actor and Singer Kim Dong Wan.

DW: I can't be thinking of starting any acting projects now. During the army stint, I don't want to do anything and I just want time for myself. I'd like to spend that period of time doing things unrelated to the entertainment world.

Q: It hasn't been easy to get through the past 10 years, have you thought of taking a break?

DW: Not exactly retirement, but I've thought of going on a hiatus for 4-5 years. I've given my all, and there isn't anything much I can offer to everyone.

Again, the reason why in the long run, I think military service will be good for him. He can be normal and for Korean men, there is nothing like a great equalizer than military service. And Wannie, you still have plenty of things to offer with your numerous talents.

Q: Have you earned a lot of money?

DW: It's enough for me to get married, but I'm thinking of investing it. I'm thinking of using the money to study overseas or just for the things that I want to do.

AMERICA! heh. Although he's mentioned wanting to move to Japan for a little bit, he should come to America and go to New York (he hates bad air, though, hmm)...he wouldn't get hassled in America, especially in NYC, where even big Hollywood stars walk around and aren't really bothered.

Q: What kind of actor do you hope to become?

DW: I hope to be able to make viewers feel that no one else but me could portray those roles.

Wonderful answer. I look forward to the kind of actor he's going to become b/c I really don't think he's reached his full potential. And I became a fan of Solo Singer!Kim Dong Wan, so I really want to watch a current drama or movie of his in the future.

Q: Your thoughts and hopes for the 2nd album and your activities?

DW: I hope to be able to have more performances. I was too nervous and emotional during the 1st album and I couldn't perform much. In future I'd like to be able to meet the fans through more performances.

Everyone chant with me: CONCERT! CONCERT! CONCERT!

From this interview, I really get the sense that even though he's done and accomplished so much, there's still so much he wants to do. And so many things he's missed out on since he's been an entertainer since so young.

worldtravler fantasy couple variety show? o__o is there a link to watch it somewhere do u know? i wanna see wannie swooned with kids xD!! haha!!

strawberry16, do you have clubbox? I think I downloaded mine from the shinhwachangjo.net's clubbox. Other than, I have no idea where else it would be available. I would upload it, but the file is pretty big and I have no idea how to split it or make it smaller.

Guest miss lakwon

Wannie's own fanclub "연인" made a lot of donations to the show as well.

Even Wannie Oppa, himself contributed! <33333

What a guy~

Guest love!melody

i totally agree with their comments :) hehehehe! it's SO true <333 he sings well, he's handsome, he's funny, and i think he forgot to mention dances well LMAO and i agree with your comment :D who wouldn't fall for a guy like our dongwan oppa? <333 and thank you for sharing those pictures of our gorgeous dongwan oppa with those cute little kids ^^

It's simply angelic. It's really smoothing and catchy at the same time.

My other favourites are Bimil, a man's love, Psy kiss, wae keu lae, Honey and track 9(that song sounds like trot)

His vocal is much better now. Really good!!!

P.S: i wished him danced more LOL. HAHA.

ahhhhhhh~ me too! i love that song ^^ though i enjoy all his songs, i really like that one. i hope he will promote that song after 'secret' LOL just like the lyrics, when i listen to the song i want to fly :) LOL i think the lyrics and the melody and his vocals give it that effect of wanting to like fly in the clear blue sky <333 and i also like 'honey' featuring eric :) hehehe! i love happy songs ^^

and i have noticed the same. just as he promised, he is presenting us with PERFECT live singing <333 i guess he has been practicing alot hehehe~ and i, too, wish he'd dance more ^^

sungmin thank you for the pictures :D

i already got my album yesterday.

and i love it! haha!

especially the poster.. he looks so hot!!

for me, the 2nd jib is much better than the 1st jib..

it was well planned and the pics!!

he is so freakin' HOT!!

my fave song in the 2nd jib is Honey.. ^^,

Haha, I was just reading an article about how Dongwan's "Boxing Dance" for Bimil is gaining popularity amongst the netizens. I SO wish he would do the full-on dance at some point...Name actually has a fancam of him actually dancing on Inkigayo, but it's not the one that was shown on-air - and he's not singing during the "boxing" part so I'm wondering if this was just for the fans that were there? Hmmm (For people who don't know Korean - if you go to kimdongwan.name, after you enter the site, click the very first Korean phrase on the banner, and search for "[영상] 080511 인기가요 본방 - 비밀 [18]" you can see the vid I'm talking about - it's SO cute, a must-see).

In the article, he was talking about how he wanted to do a dance that was easy for him AND fans to follow along. Looks like he's done it. It's the next "Tell Me"! :P just kidding, lol. But I love how it has an official name and everything.

Guest jangneri

Haha, I was just reading an article about how Dongwan's "Boxing Dance" for Bimil is gaining popularity amongst the netizens.

AHAHAHA. That's so cool~ The song is so catchy, maybe it's because of the electronica feel to it. And the dance is pretty easy to so I understand how it became popular. :D

I really really hope Dongwan wins award for this album and hopefully, even Bonsang. I thought his second album was almost-perfect and people will like it so much if they listen to it.

I really really hope Dongwan wins award for this album and hopefully, even Bonsang. I thought his second album was almost-perfect and people will like it so much if they listen to it.

Me toooooo! (Although if he does get awards, he won't be able to go to the awards ceremony b/c he'll be in military service by then :(). He even said in that one interview that he misses getting the physical awards lol. If he gets one for this album, he can put it next to his KBS Best New Actor Award. :P

Album sales have a lot of clout in these awards (I wish Korea would judge like the Grammy's...album sales are important, yes, but they also consider the quality of the songs) and as he's hit #1 on various charts, I'm DYING to know how much he's sold. (We probably won't find out until the end-of-the-month chart for May comes out.) What's been really awesome is that during the first week of sales for his 2nd album, his 1st album as well as the repackage album also saw spikes in sales too. So I'm hypothesizing that through "Secret," he's gained new fans who then also became curious about his 1st album. :)

Archived