Kim Dong Wan 김동완 - the singer

hkana

Guest 80slitenite

Actually he is saying, "I'm out!" LOL!

Did anyone see the Miraculous Victory And Defeat? I had to re-watch so many times so I can "soak" in his beautiful BARE back! LOL! Too bad he didn't turn around! LOL! He has broad shoulders and small waist!

YES! I DID! Omg sooo gorgeous. I love when he is taking off his shirt. *faint*

Is there a gif of that somewhere? XD

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES! I DID! Omg sooo gorgeous. I love when he is taking off his shirt. *faint*

Is there a gif of that somewhere? XD

Aigoo, I watch that part over and over. If someone made a gif, I'd probably watch that over and over again too.

Look at this fantabulous promo vid that someone made for DW's 2nd jib:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WXjnzSrsdoo

He's always been gorgeous, but I don't know, looking at these clips of his 1st jib performances, he's just extra handsome and Prince Charming-like. Can't wait to see what he has in store for us with his 2nd jib. Last summer was when I "discovered" DW and completely fell head over heels. Looks like I'll be spending this summer falling more in love (oy, how gushy do I sound? lol)

huhu

cant help but smiled when reading his entry

relieved a lot..

but of course he's not fully recovered...

hurmmm

wow

i didnt expect a major nosebleed here before i come...

huuuuuuu

thankkkkkkssssss XDXDXD

what a SEXY back!!!

PERFECT!

but, hey, is it only me or anybody else got prob with the clubbox????

my IE couldnt display the page....

i dunno why...

SOBS

Guest fancyy

Aha!

I think I should change that name in youtube... if that was possible... :rolleyes:

So did you like the vid? Oh, this is so nice ^^

I agree, he is a prince charming... he is more than that, in fact I can't describe my feelings for him in simple words LOL.

I am so anxious with this 2nd jib I can't wait to see it.

In the 1st jib, just when sonsukeon was out (in a TV clip) I was listening to it over and over again... oh my!

I am eager. This album had so many delays... it is like playing with my poor heart... our poor hearts :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets:

Glad you liked the video ^^

Aigoo, I watch that part over and over. If someone made a gif, I'd probably watch that over and over again too.

Look at this fantabulous promo vid that someone made for DW's 2nd jib:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WXjnzSrsdoo

He's always been gorgeous, but I don't know, looking at these clips of his 1st jib performances, he's just extra handsome and Prince Charming-like. Can't wait to see what he has in store for us with his 2nd jib. Last summer was when I "discovered" DW and completely fell head over heels. Looks like I'll be spending this summer falling more in love (oy, how gushy do I sound? lol)

Guest devylann

dongwan's alwse so funnuie....hahhahaa....anyways jsu wanna say that if u all wanna pre-order his 2nd jib u can go to shinhwachangjo.net and do it there...

Woot! A preview of DW's duet with Jade Valerie "You Don't Know Me" (He sings in English!) is at yoenin.net (Click on "Catch" when you get to the main part of the site). It's also playing at the oceans-six site too.

I LOVE it (well, I'm biased since DW can be singing something from the phone book and I'd still love it). His voice can fit any genre in my opinion. Can't wait until the whole song becomes available.

Guest Bresis

Thanks for the info!

*quickly goes to listen to the song in Yoenin*

I've been anticipating this song to come out since I heard about it..

Dongwan singing in english...

I am biased too..

He could sing anything and I'll still think it's great ^_^

I actually can't make out what is he singing.. :blush:

What does everyone think about the duet with Jade Valerie?

I got goosbumps hearing it. I really missed his voice especially since we didn't get much of his voice in Shinhwa's 9th jib.

I was afraid I wasn't able to understand but I "think" I understood most of it. LOL!

I can't wait for the whole song and DW's album. I already preordered with SHCJ and anxiously waiting for his album. I don't know how I'm going to survice 2 years without seeing him.... :tears:

Thanks for the info!

*quickly goes to listen to the song in Yoenin*

I've been anticipating this song to come out since I heard about it..

Dongwan singing in english...

I am biased too..

He could sing anything and I'll still think it's great ^_^

Guest fancyy

I really missed his voice especially since we didn't get much of his voice in Shinhwa's 9th jib.

It annoyed me a little.

I expected more of wannie's voice in the 9th.... his voice is the best for me (forgive me hyesung fans and forgive me who will teach me about singing, but I simply like more wannie's voice) and I wanted to hear it more. T___T

He had another diary entry.. and it was so sad! T___T

Here it goes.

08.04.22 - When I become an adult...

만나고 싶은 사람과,

만나야 하는 사람.

하고 싶은 일과,

해야 하는 일.

가고 싶은 곳과,

가야 하는 곳.

이런 것들을 잘 분별하고,

제어 할수 있으리라 생각했는데..

점점 더 못하겠어.

규칙 같은건 어른이 만든거니까.

난 어른이니까.

잘 알 수 있으리라 생각했는데..

더 모르고 못하겠어..

정말 못견디게 되면....

그땐.....~!

자폭이다!!!!! -____-*

Trans:

The people I want to meet,

The people I have to meet.

Doing the work I want to do,

Doing the work I have to do.

I can't go to the places I want to,

I go to the places I have to.

Differentiating between these things,

I thought I could do it...

However, it's slowly becoming apparent that I can't.

As an adult, you see that you can't do it.

I'm an adult.

I thought I could know the difference..

I realize that don't know and can't do it..

If I can't endure it...

What then.....~!

It is a suicide bombing!!!!! -____-*

Source: november21.co.kr

Trans: HappyHeart7 @ shinhwa.biz

ps: Maddy (HappyHeart7) asked sorry for the possible mistakes in her translation and she nicely apreciates the corrections ^^

Hello *waves* I don't post much in here, but I am a silent stalker and do keep up with the thread :)

It annoyed me a little.

I expected more of wannie's voice in the 9th.... his voice is the best for me (forgive me hyesung fans and forgive me who will teach me about singing, but I simply like more wannie's voice) and I wanted to hear it more. T___T

He had another diary entry.. and it was so sad! T___T

Here it goes.

^ I think Wannie was probably recording for his solo and that's why he didn't sing much in the 9th Jib. I guess, it's give one and take one...can't have both T___T

Thank you for sharing Wannie's diary and HappyHeart7 for translating. He sounds so sad. I can relate to what he's saying. I think all of us thinks 'when we're older...etc', but the truth is, for most of us, our minds don't really change that much over the years, while our bodies are unconsciously aging...leaving us to wonder if we're really doing what we want to do. Wannie must be tired out with album preparations, and wondering whether all this stress is what he wants. When the album comes out, I hope he'll cheer up and see this wonderful thingh he has created.

^ I have a soft spot for Sweetbox and Jade (and my slight/shot obsession with Final Fantasy :sweatingbullets:), so it's too awesome that Wannie collaborated with her. I do feel a bit loss since this duet took me by surprise >.< I wonder if they'll ever perform it together, since Sweetbox was pretty well liked in S. Korea. It would be so cool *crosses fingers* The jewelry box intro is kind of cute.

Wannie's voice is a lighter tenor than when he sings Korean. Even singing a song that's in another language, his voice is still very distinctive and recognizable. Seriously, when you hear it, you'd never imagine that he was from a 'boyband' lolz By that I mean, for me, there's a certain tone that most boyband singers tend to have.

Wannie's vocals goes really well with the 'happy-go-lucky' and slight techno-ish tune of the song. Usually, I find these songs a bit annoying because of the 'trance' they induce in me. However, Wannie sounds very relaxed and easy at the right parts, and stresses at the parts that need it. He adds a lot of texture to the song. From his vocals, you see a very clean, chivalrous and handsome guy. Very addictive. It might be because it's Jade & Wannie singing, so I'm biased...or not, it really is an enjoyable song.

Naturally, he still has that problem, like most native Korean singers, with the pronounciation of 'l' and 'r'. It does stand out like a sore thumb at first, but after a few listens, it softens and just becomes a part of the song's style.

Don't worry about not making out what he's singing, cuz I couldn't really figure out what Jade was singing in her version either. I thought Dongwan's pronunciation was really good...it's just that the lyrics/wording are a little out of our imagination. Hope this helps:

But you don't know me,

and I wish you did.

You don't know me.

ooh la la la la

And there you are, like a rising star, so heroically.

And I'm a silhouette that you forget, I'm stale whipped cream.

Just a courtesan on a baby grand in your periphery,

that you no longer need.

Cuz you don't know me,

and I wish you did.

But you don't know me.

ooh la la la la

^ It is a little weird hearing Dongwan sing that he's a 'courtesan' :sweatingbullets:

Guest miaka0210

my first ever post here. and also my first time coming to this thread.

I usually go to the shinhwa thread and not the individual member's thread.

anyhow.....

I'm a huge fan of hyesung but don't worry, i actually agree with you. It does kinda suck

how the whole album was a little bit lacking of not only dongwan but as well as junjin and

andy. One of the million reasons why I love shinhwa so much is their voice. So it is kinda sad

but I do understand why it had to happen. Each of them are just so busy and they had to rush

the whole album. So I guess it understandable. SHINHWA FOREVER!!!!

It annoyed me a little.

Hehe, you don't have to apologize b/c well, first of all, you're in the DW thread and second, everybody has different opinions. And your opinion happens to be one I agree with! :D No one can deny that Hyesung has a wonderful voice, but I became a Dongwan fan first after his 1st jib. It was the first (and so far ONLY) Korean CD I bought...heck, it's the first Korean music I listened to in full. Then I discovered Shinhwa and I still prefer his voice (I'm always obsessively listening for his ad-libs in the background). To me, his parts in Shinhwa are THE best. And even though he wasn't on as much in the 9th jib, again, his parts are THE best to me. Like that part in "Unfinished Story" when he echoes and harmonizes with both Minwoo and Hyesung...to DIE for. I really like when he harmonizes with Hyesung...they sound lovely together.

Oy, I'll stop before I write an essay about his voice. Which I think I could do. :P

Guest fancyy

It does kinda suck how the whole album was a little bit lacking of not only dongwan but as well as junjin and

andy.

For me, Andy voice was so disappeared as Dongwan's. I missed him a lot too... even more now, when he is flying solo and when I'm enjoying so much his voice singing and not only rapping. *sight*

No one can deny that Hyesung has a wonderful voice, but I became a Dongwan fan first after his 1st jib. It was the first (and so far ONLY) Korean CD I bought...heck, it's the first Korean music I listened to in full. Then I discovered Shinhwa and I still prefer his voice (I'm always obsessively listening for his ad-libs in the background). To me, his parts in Shinhwa are THE best. And even though he wasn't on as much in the 9th jib, again, his parts are THE best to me. Like that part in "Unfinished Story" when he echoes and harmonizes with both Minwoo and Hyesung...to DIE for. I really like when he harmonizes with Hyesung...they sound lovely together.

Ahah! So I also agree with you right now ^^

Of course, Hyesung is an amazing singer and I definitely love his voice. But Dongwan's voice has that unique tone which leads me to Heaven in each chord.

I always preferred his voice. It was like "no, dongwan sings better" all the time. In Shinhwa, no matter how perfect they were singing together, I couldn't help but laughing when he started his parts ^^ Once in a Lifetime leaded me to a path I would never reach myself ^^

Anyway, after his 1st album, I had the delight of an entire romantic song... sang by him!!

It's my mistake is the song I listen to the most since he released his album, and everything he sang was more beautiful then.

I know I sound pathetic because the love I grown for him is quite silly sometimes... people say it is silly fan-ish thing, but who cares, I don't care. I just think I'm going to Korea and I hope sincerely I can have a moment to watch him performing, because I know if I see him singing live I would never forget it.

Blah. I'm babling... LOL Forgive the assay ^^

Guest paigehk

Hehe, you don't have to apologize b/c well, first of all, you're in the DW thread and second, everybody has different opinions. And your opinion happens to be one I agree with! :D No one can deny that Hyesung has a wonderful voice, but I became a Dongwan fan first after his 1st jib. It was the first (and so far ONLY) Korean CD I bought...heck, it's the first Korean music I listened to in full. Then I discovered Shinhwa and I still prefer his voice (I'm always obsessively listening for his ad-libs in the background). To me, his parts in Shinhwa are THE best. And even though he wasn't on as much in the 9th jib, again, his parts are THE best to me. Like that part in "Unfinished Story" when he echoes and harmonizes with both Minwoo and Hyesung...to DIE for. I really like when he harmonizes with Hyesung...they sound lovely together.

Oy, I'll stop before I write an essay about his voice. Which I think I could do. :P

I have to say...I AGREE with you 200%.

I love DongWan's voice the most. It's powerful wonderful.

Guest 80slitenite

JADE VALERIE talks about the duet with Kim Dong Wan

I still have to go check out the song! Lol.

Wannie's voice is awesome. I'm sooooo happy he's singing in English. ^_^

Guest love!melody

JADE VALERIE talks about the duet with Kim Dong Wan

I still have to go check out the song! Lol.

Wannie's voice is awesome. I'm sooooo happy he's singing in English. ^_^

thank you for the info :) i just listened to a small clip of the song and his voice sounds great! <3 and i really like the song too LOL haha! but i wish he had more parts in the song ... iono maybe because i didn't get to listen to the whole song but from the short clip of the song i heard, he didn't have that much of a part. but nevertheless, he sounds great! <3333

Guest fancyy

Ooooh!!!

Thank you for the chat... dongwan singing in English is sooo cool ^^

I'm loading the clip. Can't wait... I hate my slow internet LOL

Guest nurkeyandie

wow, dongwan's voice does sound different when he's singing in english...so good though! he's gonna give hyesung a run for his money...hahaha! thanks for the yoenin info, i've no idea who jade valerie is, but the song sounds great! btw, what's the song playing in the background in yoenin.net? did they sample that song for 'you don't know me?' somehow i can hear the background song being sampled in 'you don't know me.'

Archived