Kim Dong Wan 김동완 - the singer

hkana

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hahaheehee

YESSSSS!!! Finally some news about his album!! :) *jumps around in joy*

I can hardly wait!!! March is just a few days away!

I love his version of Saranghaetnabwa too!!! Omo I have such great anticipation for his 2nd jib now! Rock ballads... can't wait to hear what he has been working hard on for the past few months!!!

love!melody, thanks for the translation! LOL, Dongwan and his floppy hair in that pic. I don't think he changed his hairstyle, just that he didn't style it. Nevertheless Dongwan is still our handsome Dongwan even without styled hair! LOL. And I think he gets better and better over the 10 years that he has been singing!!! I can really hear the differences in his singing voice from Shinhwa's 1st jib till now. So Dongwan oppa, even if it's harder to sing nowadays, I have complete faith that you'll be able to mesmerize us all with your beautiful voice! :D

A special Dongwan Soompi thread tour with the object of our affections sounds awesome. :wub: Then we can wave orange lightsticks and gaze at Dongwan's handsome face while he sings to us... hahaha... okay I'm letting my imagination run away with me.

Guest love!melody

[08.02.25] [News] Kim Dongwan to release rock-ballad 2nd album in March

hmmmmm ... in the beginning of march??? *pouts* hope he doesn't overwork himself with his solo album and shinhwa's 9th jib ><;; i'm worried that he will be under a lot of stress and will be really tired and ... and ... *sigh* i just hope that he won't be too stressed out and that he will stay healthy and without any injuries. anyways, besides that, i am really excited about his 2nd album! rock ballad! that's totally going to 'rock'! LOL hahaha! lame play on words, but yea~ haha! dongwan has always been into rock-ballad kind of songs and i'm glad that his new album will be in that genre of music (: he will be able to enjoy it even more himself ^^ hehehe i can't wait! march is only a week away (: soon enough, we will be able to see dongwan oppa more and the other shinhwa members :D

jangneri yeah. dongwan has always been a 'rocker' like you have said (: i absolutely loved it when he sang 사랑했나봐 <3 and in many concerts, i have noticed that he always had a rokish-solo performance LOL ^^ and though his physical appearnace gears more towards pop and ballads, i think when it comes to singing, he fits rock perfectly! at least it seems that way in the manner and passions for which he sings rock songs ^^

hahaheehee no big! and you're welcome. that's the least i can do for all the dongwan fans here LOL and i have always noticed that too. every years, every album, his singing ability gets better and better! he has a unique, loveable voice <3 hehe ^^

Guest jangneri

love!melody, yeah, his solos are either rock songs or japanese songs.

superpchan, I'm not familiar with the guy o I googled his pictures. hahaha. Yeah, they look a bit similar~

25/2[news]KDW,LMW,JJ to perform in Hallyu Festival in Jejudo

Park Yong-ha along with members of Shinhwa and SG Wannabe are participating in a Hallyu event in Jeju-do (island).

The '2008 Hallyu Again in Jeju' is sponsored by BNV and Jeju Peace Tours, and supported by the Jeju Self-Governing Province. It will open on March 13th at the Jeju Halla Art Hall.

Park Yong-ha is scheduled in the first part of the festivities for a charity round of golf, hand-printing, and commemorative photos. For his fans on Jeju-do, he will also participate in a gift-giving event on 'White Day' (March 14th).

Performances by Lee Min-woo, Kim Dong-wan, and Jun Jin from Shinhwa, as well as SG Wannabe, will take place during the second half of the event.

The sponsors added that "Park Yong-ha will donate everything from the golf game, along with his own personal items, to an auction where the proceeds will be donated to a charitable organization".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source : english.kbs.co.kr

hancinema.net

i hope i'm not breaking any thread's rules...

:sweatingbullets:

Guest ntlove16

nadseventh I saw that news in JunJin thread but I didnt know that Dongwan and Minwoo are going too...

I wanna go see my Wannie sing.... :w00t:

>.<

Thankyou so much for the news

Ooohhh White Day ^^

nadseventh I saw that news in JunJin thread but I didnt know that Dongwan and Minwoo are going too...

I wanna go see my Wannie sing.... :w00t:

>.<

Thankyou so much for the news

Ooohhh White Day ^^

ntlove16 u're welcome.. ^^

So you are going??..wow..

very lucky.. :tears:

send my hugs and kisses to him.. :P

oH!

I'm very happy Dongwan is going to perform ehe!

I'm willing to see him on stage again... Miss his performances so much! >.<

Thanks for the great new ;)

• 2 weeks later...

[caps] 080305 Dongwan - SBS Truth Game Recording

080305namexy3vc3.jpg

credits: skirtwind + name + wenyi@ShinHwaChangJo.net

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh, seeing this, I believe there will be a lot more of his appearance on TV later, solo and with Shinhwa.

I'm looking forward to this! Really..

huhu

His hair is longer than in Kim Dong Wan is..

And, he looks younger..

Haha, the expression is priceless..

^^

Guest love!melody

nadseventh OMG! the pictures are just love <3 i'm loving his new hairdo ;) it's hot! LOL and i agree! it makes him look younger ^^ can't wait to hear his new album <3 so excited~ haha! and i guess he is starting to promote his new album already, which means ... i'll be coming out real soon! ahhhhh~ *screams* and omg! his smile! his smile is so loveable LOL makes you want to melt

love!melody yes we all wish haha xD. yeess a touurr but i dont speak korean so it'd be kinda difficult >__< but i dont care! as long as i see oppa i'll be fine hehe we'd find a way to communicate. LOL ahaha i can imagine u going back home ur parents are like "so how was the trip?" you: it was gorgeous!! he was soo hot and handsommeee ^^ hahaha!! xD excuse my hyperness. its a friday and you know fridays lol.

BTW!! DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY RECENT CLIPS OF WANNIE ON SHOWS ON YOUTUBE WITH ENG SUBS?

[08.03.08][diary] Dongwan - On vacation

This is my vacation~

uct002c9.jpg

Isn't this a quiet slope?

I feel that one of the happiest things in my life is to be able to play when everyone else is working...!

Although there's no one to play with me,

And the downside is that I have to work when other people play.. -_-;

This isn't good...why am I feeling happy!? ㅜㅜ

Went to Jumunjin Beach..

yszzeyqk.jpg

It's the first time I've been to the sea in winter...it's peaceful and beautiful~ Drinking coffee while enjoying the sea breeze is the best! Just great!

But I still wanted to have a glass of sake at night...

x878v7v3.jpg

Today I had a little...just a little...too much to drink. ^_^ But it's ok since Japanese sake is a light liquor. It's ok! Together with oden! 캬아~

The next morning I woke up early and went to ski...~

dlnn3v40.jpg

It snowed very heavily in Gangwon-do on 6 March...So pretty~~

Next to me are my sonbae and hoobae from Gangwon-do.. ㅋㅋ The ones who taught me paragliding in summer..!

Phew..

This will be my last trip this winter, probably

Need to start rehearsing for the concert! 우쌰!

Source: november21

Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz__________________

Guest 80slitenite

Thank you strawberry16!

His pictures are calming. I want to play with you Dongwan ya!

Ack! That gunbangjin namja couldn't uncover his face for one second for the pic?! hahaha

I hope that isn't his last trip before he goes into the army...TT_TT

Thank you Dongwannie's sunbae and hoobae for putting our namja in life threatening activites. geez. Paragliding... keep your feet on the Earth namja! hahha jk. I want to do that too. It looks fun.

Guest hahaheehee

wow! after a while of low activity in this thread, I come back to see all these gorgeous pics of Dongwan in Truth Game with a new hairstyle!!! He's starting to appear in variety shows, which is GREAT news! I can't wait to see more of his appearances :)

I love his smile! I agree, it makes me want to melt. And the new hair looks good on him :) although it's a bit longish.

Now that promotions for his 2nd jib seem to be underway... all we need is the day when his 2nd jib is released!!! :D

And nice pictures from Dongwannie as usual, good to hear that he's unwinding and holidaying before all the hectic activities start. I like to play when everyone else is working too! Haha, don't we all?

Looking at the picture of the sea... I wish I was beside him, enjoying a cup of coffee and the sea breeze! Haha, a girl can dream!

And paragliding O.o Dongwan is sure adventurous!

Strawberry16, sorry I can't help you with the youtube thing... to my knowledge, I don't think there are any recent clips of Dongwan that are Eng subbed. :( If anyone wants to relieve X-man #24 where Dongwannie appears with Eric, Hyesung and Andy, this user has it: http://youtube.com/user/neangnee

Guest love!melody

strawberry16 haha! yea, i could imagine that too LOL my parents would have spent a lot of money to let me go on a tour and i would come back with no pictures of sceneries or any memories of the trip except pictures of dongwan oppa and memories of staring at him all day long LMAO

and thank you for the diary entry (: he takes such great pictures! i think one day he will set up his own photo gallery (: glad to see him on vacation and having fun ^^

Guest picklypickly

haha, i love dongwan's new hair style. that hair + that smile makes him look like an adorable school boy.

and i guess he rewarded himself for all his hard work with a little vacation. didn't he just go snowboarding tho? that one time, wo/ minwoo? i guess he should go while he can before all the snow is gone and he hast to get back to work promoting...

love!melody

yeah, his new hair is cool..

makes he looks younger, as ever..

i'm anticipating his new album as well..

and his smile already melted me down..

hahaha

and thanks for the diary strawberry16,

your effort to post it here is much appreciated even though some of us might have read it somewhere else..

you know, shcj, shinbiz n stuff..

but not all of us know those places, like me a year before..hoho

Guest fancyy

News about our Dongwannie.

Ridiculous rumors, I hope them laughs about it ^^

[08.03.10] IT'S FUNNY TO HEAR RUMORS OF SHINHWA DISBANDING

Popular pop group Shinhwa, who will be celebrating their 10th anniversary this year, has hit back at rumorrs about disbanding.

Appearing on a segment "Korean Idols" on the March 9th telecast of OBS Kyungin TV's "Watch Show and Movie", Kim Dongwan shared more about Shinhwa's future plans.

Kim Dongwan said, "Although there are rumours about Shinhwa's plans after releasing our 9th jib, none of them are true. Though our solo activities will continue, Shinhwa activities will still continue when we're all back from the army."

Adding on, he said, "Maybe it's because it's our 10th anniversary this year, it's quite funny to hear rumours about us disbanding. Having gone through thick and thin together, the members are even closer than real brothers. And we're very proud of that."

Kim Dongwan also expressed gratitude towards the fans, "The reason why Shinhwa is able to last through the years to become the longest-running group in Korea is all because of the fans. To all the fans who are still supporting Shinhwa now, we are very grateful to them."

Despite generally poor conditions in the industry, Shinhwa members Shin Hyesung, Kim Dongwan and Lee Minwoo have all done well with their solo albums due to the support of the fans, creating sales records of 10,000 to 20,000 copies.

Source: Hankyung (Korean Economic Daily)

Chi trans: 韩小国 @ Bestshinhwa

Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

Guest paigehk

will Dongwan's album be out around time Shinhwa's album? Wow, that means I have to save lots of money for them.

edit:

btw i like his new longer hair. He looks so young there. But the one in "KDW is" makes him look SEXILY HOT. well, he's always hot

Archived