Recommended Romance Novels?

Guest RococoBaby

Guest RococoBaby

I love reading romance novels, but theres so much to pick from when I goto the book store. I end up looking/reading the back of books for hours and not make any kind of decision at all T_T Im very indecisive haha so please reccomend me a really good one please :D

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Access DENIED

^i only liked a "walk to remember" by nicholas sparks. i didn't really like "the notebook.".

You could try reading novels by VC Andrews, but then it has incest, sex, and sometimes rape. Some of her stories are good but i recommend not reading alot of it or you'll get sick of it.

Classic novels by Louise may alcott are pretty good such as little women and long fatal love chase.

Some stuff by tami hoag is good.

stuff by LJ smith is good if you're into vampires, myths, witches, etc etc..

what kind of books do u like? contemporary? historical?

some of my fave books are:

contemporary:

Bet me by jennifer crusie (really funny)

manhunting by jennifer crusie

see jane score by rachel gibson

hot stuff by elaine fox

Raspberry Crush by jill winters

Guest vanggirlie

you might have read these already or may not like these authors but here's what i liked.

jude deveraux - knight and shining armor

jude deveraux - rememberance

joan johnston - after the kiss

johanna lindsey - warriors women

judith mcnaught - once and always

judith mcnaught- until you

tina waiscott - on the way to heaven

sandra hill - the reluctant warrior

sandra hill - frankly my dear

i forgot one more author that i love reading. also check out catherine coulter.

Guest Happy_Day

Don't hate me, but I don't like Nicolas Sparks novels. I don't understand why they are so popular.. I like the movies, but his writing style is so concise and not descriptive.... I don't kno how to explain it. I recommend all of Rachel Gibson books (except for Trouble with Valentine's Day) and all of Katherine Woodiwiss's books.. There are some s-e-x scenes in the latter.. but just skip over them iss wat i do. :)

Guest asianromance

i read mostly european historicals..so here are some:

anything by julia quinn especially:

brighter than the sun

the viscount who loved me

romancing mr.bridgerton

anything by lisa kleypas, especially:

"secrets of a summer night" [its sequel/book 2 of the wallflower series is supposedly better than this one though i haven't read it yet]

"dreaming of you"

"because you're mine"

anything by celeste bradley. Her "Liars" series is awesome.

some really awesome random ones:

"bridal favors/favours"? by connie brockway. [no romance has made me laugh and giggle so much. I've only started reading her works. she's a very funny author! ]

"duchess in love", "much ado about you", "his wicked ways" by eloisa james [stay away from her pleasures trilogy. otherwise she is a good author though she should hire a better editor].

"london's perfect scoundrel" suzanne enoch [some of her other works are pretty good, though not spectacular].

"rules of attraction" "rules of engagement" by christina dodd [whose books of being good are usually a 50/50 chance]

"whitney my love" judith mcnaught. haven't read much of her stuff but that is one book that gave me the biggest emotional rollercoaster of my romance reading life.

as for contemporary ones, you can't ever go wrong with susan elizabeth phillips-especially her chicago stars series. My fav is "heaven, texas" she can make you laugh, tear up, reflect...she's awesome.

Guest cystaltears

Don't hate me, but I don't like Nicolas Sparks novels. I don't understand why they are so popular.. I like the movies, but his writing style is so concise and not descriptive.... I don't kno how to explain it. I recommend all of Rachel Gibson books (except for Trouble with Valentine's Day) and all of Katherine Woodiwiss's books.. There are some s-e-x scenes in the latter.. but just skip over them iss wat i do. :)

i agree..i don't really like Nicholas Spark's either...his writing lacks sophistication, and he uses the element of foreshadowing too often...his books are often very predictable and unplausible...

i like nora robert's romance novels, its extremely descriptive..and i like her style..however all the stories i've read written by her so far are all happy endings which makes the stories not very plausible..

Guest gfntasy

Never heard of Nicholas Sparks....anyway, if you want awesome romance novels, check out anything written by Sandra Brown. Warning: her books are filled with lemons....i think that's the kind of romance novels you were talking about????? I've read a lot and she's never failed to disappoint me. "White Hot" was the best so far and "Where There's Smoke" was up there too; the only difference was that it was more adventurous! Check it out!

Guest xx-outsider-xx

if you are talking about historical romance book, i love the books by 'mary balogh' coz she has unique characters and not-so-perfect heroes and heroines. i love the bedwyn series, more than a mistress, no man's mistress.

i dont read much modern romance.

Darlene McDaniel?

I donno. I read her books a long time ago.

They usually have like deaths in them and the after effects..

Cliche but soo good.

Archived