Lee Tzsche / Lee Sang-eun (이상은)

Guest Epikt

Guest Epikt

official thread
Hi everyboby !

I don't show myself a lot on the K-pop forum, I usually don't like it that much. But there is at least one korean singer I like very much, and I'm surprised she hasn't her tread on Soompi. So here it is, Lee Tzschee's offical thread !

lee_tzsche1.jpg

Lee Tzsche, who's birth name is Lee Sang-Eun (이상은), is a Korean pop/rock/folk/etc singer, singing in Korean and English, but apparently she's more famous in Japan (were she did most of her career) than in Korea.

She's born in 1970 and debuted in 1998 at the MBC Collage Music Festival. She quickly became an idol and released two albums in 1988 and 1989 : Happy Birthday and 사랑할꺼야 (Saranghalkkoya). These two first albums are very basic pop albums, really not essential - only for the fans who want to ear how it sounds.

It seams she got bored of all the idol business, and spended two years studying art in Japan and the USA. She came back in 1991 with her third album Slow day (더딘하루, Dodinhalu) not really convincing yet, but more personnal. In 1992 her career took a radical turn, with her next album, the well-named BEGIN. A strange album compared with her discography, with sometime R&B sounds - I read that a lot of people didn't like it. Anyway, her career really started with her fifth album self-titled Lee Sang-Eun (also titled Darkness) and began to be really interresting and coherent.

album_lee_sang-eun.jpg

Then she went in Japan (working with Takeda Hajimu) and in 1995 and 1997 she released her two masterpieces, Gongmudohaga (공무도하가) and Lonely Funny Store (외롭고 웃긴 가게, Oirupgo Utgin Gage). If you only listen to two Lee Sang-Eun's albums, it must be these ones.

In 1997 she took the stage name of Lee Tzsche and released the self-title album Lee Tzsche. Just like her nineth album Asian Prescription (1999) it's mainly made with english sang cover-songs from Gongmudohaga and Lonely Funny Store. It makes these albums not essential, but interresting for who loves the original albums in Korean.

During the same time, she sang the OST of two movies, Give it all (Itsumichi Isomura, Japan, 1998) and Bong-Ja (Park Chul-Soo, Korea, 2000)(the OST is titled She wanted).

Endless lay (2001), her tenth album, is another mainly English album made in Japan. She returned to Korean songs in her next albums Soulmate (신비체험, Sinbichehom) in 2003 and Romantopia in 2005 (her last to date), both signed Lee Sang-Eun again.

album_best-of.jpg

I personnally highly recommand Gongmudohaga and Lonely Funny Store, her two last albums of her first "Lee Sang-Eun" Era.

The "Lee Tzsche" Era is not bad, but on the whole it's less inventive (the most interresting album is made of cover-songs). Her two recent albums go better (especially Romantopia which is great) and make me hope a lot from her next album, but I sometime miss the original "Lee Sang-Eun touch".

Links

Official site : http://www.leesangeun.com/

Very good fan site : http://mizzk.com/lee-tzsche/

Lee Tzsche's wikipedia page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Tzsche

Lee Tzsche's kpopwiki page : http://kpopwiki.com/Lee_Tzsche

You can buy most of Lee Sang-Eun discography on Koreapop

Music videos (youtube)

어기여 디어라 (Agiyo Diora) from Lonely Funny Store

from Give it all OST

돌고래자리 (Dolkorejari / Delphinus) from Romantopia

삶은 여행 (Virgin Snow OST) from The third place

sorry, there are not a lot of video on youtube, but you can watch others on mizzk fan site (link above)

album_romantopia.JPG

Album discography

"Idol Era"

1988 - Happy Birthday

1989 - 사랑할꺼야 (Saranghalkkoya)

"1st Lee Sang-Eun Era"

1991 - 더딘하루 (Dodinhalu), aka Slow day

1992 - BEGIN

1993 - Lee Sang-Eun, aka Darkness

1995 - 공무도하가 (Gongmudohaga)

1997 - 외롭고 웃긴 가게 (Oirupgo Utgin Gage), aka Lonely Funny Store

"Lee Tzsche Era"

1997 - Lee Tzsche, aka Actually, Finally

1999 - Asian Prescription

2001 - Endless lay

"2nd Lee Sang-Eun Era"

2003 - 신비체험 (Sinbichehom), aka Soulmate

2005 - Romantopia

2007 - The third place

Single discography

1997 - Actually, Finally

1998 - 어기여 디어라 (Agiyo Diora) 8cm version

1998 - 어기여 디어라 (Agiyo Diora) 12cm version

1999 - A Path

Best-of discography

1992 - 이상은 베스트 (Lee Sang-Eun best)

2000 - 1991-1999 best album

2002 - The best of Lee Tzsche

OST discography

1998 - Give it all

2000 - She wanted (OST of the movie Bong-Ja)

lee_tzsche2.jpg

Lee Tzsche/Lee Sang-Eun also appears on several compilations and did some participations on other singers records, I'll edit this post when my list will be completed.

Guest Epikt

this thread is dead

Yep.

Next time I'll open a thread for "DBSK naked videos", I'll catch a bigger audience. Anyway, I'm glad there is at least one person here who know her. :unsure:

• 3 months later...

UPDATE : new album release :)

3rdplacegj9.jpg

The third place, 13th Lee Sang-Eun album

Playlist :

01 Nocturne

02 에코 송 (Eco Song)

03 삶은 여행

04 바다여

05 Say Yes

06 제 3의 공간

07 다이아몬드

08 좁은 문

09 나는 나인 나

10 I Don't Care

11 태양의 영혼

12 야상곡

Samples and art-works on her web site

' 삶은 여행 ' is the OST of korean-Japanese movie Virgin snow (it looks dumb but there is Aoi Miyazaki :sweatingbullets: ) here is a Youtube link for the video.

yuns > you're right, I should have specify it, even if the album is already available :blush:

She's the one who sang 언젠가는 right?

Yep.

From her 5th album (self-titled Lee Sang-Eun)

• 5 weeks later...

Archived