B O A (보아) * Official Thread

Guest jnnfr

Guest atlantis-x

thanks for the iple clip! she's so friendly to her fans! and the hairband.haha. it's so cute and it can light up too.(: and the rings! she seem to have a thing for them. you can see her wearing some really big ones on her love letter performances.

atlantis-x, whats your name?^^

ooh maybe its not in that clip but she had trouble getting up out of her seat T__T

LOL heres the same manager dudein the white suit ^^

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9274/du3nl1.jpg

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9243/boa2006092105is2.jpg

--

oh so that the manager. yeah he's pretty protective of boa. it's like during the wdoubleudot autograph signing, he immediately stopped the fan girl from hugging boa or something right? but haha. he does look like a bodyguard. poor boa. ): sometimes i wish she wont have to wear heels so much coz it will affect her feet.

and suejinners, you can call me gida. yep.(: what's your name? i feel stupid for asking this if you reply like your name is suejin or something similar to your username. haha.

*edit

just saw this on boajjang. it's boa's upcoming tv appearances.

10/17 フジテレビ(CX)「音楽番付」24:45~

10/22 フジテレビ(CX)「HEY! HEY! HEY!」20:00~

10/26 テレビ朝日(ANB)「ミュージックステーション」20:00~

credits to Aestas @ boajjang.

i know the one on 26/10 is the performance with seamo right? what about the other two then? there is one tomorrow. heard from boajjang that she will still be singing love letter on heyx3? which is kind of weird since she already sang it during the 3 hour special. unless she decides to perform like diamond hearts or beautiful flowers instead.

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest V-ni@star
Finally BoA posted the pic when she met her fans for that one meeting. I bet all the fans were speechless when they saw her. Shes lovley as usual. And glad to hear she is back on the top 20. Love Letter seems to be having some life span still.

BoA- IPLE [Fanmeeting] August 2007 Youtube Link

thanks for upload it on youtube....

i can view it on boasaesang...

i hope she just done another single..

so we will see how her next single will be

Hmm found this on Z-Degrees and Im not sure if this is going to be true or if its reliable.

29703805up1.png

SM Entertainment is going to spread its wings yet again, by producing a film starring 3 of its current ‘museum of stars’. Bets on BoA getting a starring role are high, considering how she talked about dabbling in acting. The Dong Bang boys may also be riding on the wave from their popularity out of drama-wannabe Vacation to garner some of their members a shot.

At the press conference in Pusan on the 8th, it was announced that the 3 as-yet-unknown artists would be taking part in a TV adaptation of Japanese manga artist, Soda Masahito’s Dance! Subaru. It’s a story about a ballerina and her tribulations before reaching her dreams of becoming a real dancer. As to why they have chosen a Japanese comic over Korea’s own manhwas is beyond me. And I’m not certain this is the right way to go, seeing how SuJu made a flop out of theirs.

But regardless of SM’s past poor performance, it would be interesting to see fans reaction once SM releases the leads of the movie.

Source: Popseoul

Credits : smtownfamilyforever@multiply

But I wonder if she really is going to be in acting. It would be amazing if she had a comeback and went on a drama as well!

Guest suejinners

^ well i wrote about that couple pages back

supposedly SM invested 10% in making a movie out of the anime subaru?

so they are in charge of the main charactors and this article said that it might be boa since shes tryingto debut as an actress

which gave me a scare.....

but right after an article poppedup saying that its not boa!

buttt it will be a big surprise?

most ppl are saying go ara but then since they are saying its a surprise some are saying stephanie & ahyoomi.

i think it might be ahyoomi esp since the movie is being produced in japan? cause she went to sm to further her career in Japan right.?

there was an article saying that BOA is not in that film

whoever it is SM said it would be a "huge-big surprise"

so ppl were guessing go ara (notmuch of a surprise/ballet role in a previous drama.), ahyoomi(since shes planning on concentrating her stuff for Japan) or stephanie (just because the film is about ballet)

--BOA's getting another award!!

the awardshow thing is called'제39회 대한민국문화예술상(대통령상)'

the award shes recieving is '2007 오늘의 젊은 예술가상(장관상)'

i dont think ill be able to translate it correctly O__o.....

---

Another article popped up saying that IF she debuts inthe US through acting, a record will be planned to be released as well.

a Sm rep said that their are various open possibilities regarding her debut acting project. It can be a hollywood project or it can be a joint project. AND the rest of the article was a CARBONCOPY of all the other articles regarding her acting debut. im dead serious it was the same exact thing. ive been reading the replies at boaworld and some were worried like we were.. saying the US's style is different and harder~

others don't believe the article..& others said they are going to delay acting every month~. & of course some said just come out with a 6th krn album.

the article was by starnews and sometimes ive read that starnews isn't that reliable and they always write articles about things when its not that new. lol.

so i really don't know what is up....

----

blog update!

BoA and her dog Pama chan~

lvmania32753132op1.jpg

--

haha Hi Gida, im suejin XD~

Guest astarael

Thanks for the translations, Jina! lol, I actually looked at my DBSK 3rd photobook the other day too, and I was looking for any mention of BoA. I don't know if they're different or not (in the original CD and the photobook), but I think I only spotted her name in Junsu's. It's awesome to read their comments; I especially liked Changmin's, Jaejoong's and Yunho's, just because they seemed a bit more personal and sweet.

I like that manager guy. He does dress up pretty snazzy, and he might be the one with an Iple account so he seems pretty nice too. I wonder what he's doing right now since BoA's in Japan; she needs to go back so he can do his job.

Thank you for the info, Sue Jin! I was looking at some of the articles and trying to figure out what they were saying. I'm glad she won another award, but I don't think she'll be showing up for that one either. It'd be awesome if she made a surprise appearance though, like last year.

Again, I'm against the U.S. debut. There will be plenty of time for acting and all that later, and trying to juggle her popularity in Korea and Japan as well as trying to make it big in the U.S. will be super difficult; it's bound to take a toll on her health. BoA said she's been working on her 6th album for months now, Yoon Do Hyun said that she'd be coming back later in the year, and she knows how much her fans want an album, so I don't know what's going on. I have to say though that her comeback is bound to be HUGE. There's no way that they can just allow her to return after such a long absence without doing anything big.

BTW, cool clip, Bum. :] She was kind of lacking in expression, but I'm glad that they're recognizing her music there too; there were also those videos of a 5566 member dancing to My Name and Rainie singing to Jewel Song. Really interesting stuff, hahah.

Looking forward to hearing that collab with Seamo. I hope this is the upbeat song I've been wanting. -__-

Guest V-ni@star
Again, I'm against the U.S. debut. There will be plenty of time for acting and all that later, and trying to juggle her popularity in Korea and Japan as well as trying to make it big in the U.S. will be super difficult; it's bound to take a toll on her health. BoA said she's been working on her 6th album for months now, Yoon Do Hyun said that she'd be coming back later in the year, and she knows how much her fans want an album, so I don't know what's going on. I have to say though that her comeback is bound to be HUGE. There's no way that they can just allow her to return after such a long absence without doing anything big.

seems like everybody offense her to us....

i thnik maybe she can debut in us in other way...

maybe she can debut in acting..

i mean actually she got talent in acting. maybe u can see her acting in sitcom i dont know wat year it is but it is so old.

but i think she can try it.

even she wanted to debut as singer in us maybe she need work hard.

all of us scare she might fail, but she do success in japan.

maybe they just need figure something about her debut in us.

i think she might release the new album next year.

is they dont release the next album i will kill sm...

i really miss her in korea.....

i need to see those powerful girl in korea.

making a big impact in korea.

about her sellig album in korea...

hmm... i dont think that count these day.

u know people keep dl everything.

her digital sell is better why they dont count it these day!!!

actually i prefer she done some acting in korea.

maybe if she accept those role in goong she will be super popular these day.

but maybe the luck is for eun hye...

Thanks for the translations of DBSK's thank you notes <3 I'm always so disappointed whenever Junsu's thank you's come up because there's never any personal little notes, lol. I'd kill to see him say something about BoA on a personal level...none of that "a sunbae I respect and need to learn a lot from" stuff. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Anycall's behind the scenes movies. ><"

I wish LSM would stick to his original plan and keep BoA in Asia. But I guess with JYP and YG sending their biggest stars over to the U.S., he wouldn't want to lose out -_-.

Anyhoooo, I happened to come across this gif of BoA with the dolphin (I still need to watch that video T_T)...and it's so cute. She's so freakin adorable <3

img_3_1312_2.gif

And also this compilation of (almost) all the male celebs who have admitted that they like BoA :3

imagephp.jpg

I had no idea about ChoPD...and I don't even know who Go Yong Ook (?) and T.O. Song Gook Jung (?) are...hahaha.

Credits: THIS Daum blog.

Guest suejinners

^ whoa i didnt know about CHoPD either!

lol Go Young Wook is a member of OLD kpop group Roora/룰라!

then he was in that duo group with SHin Jung Hwan called 신나고/Shin Na Go.

i looked up T.O's Song Kook Jung and hes the drummer for T.O. which is a rock group

i know some guys are missing.. but i forgot who -__-;;

--

yeah ... i get the feeling that SM is trying to keep up with all the other companies.. why would LSM who specifically said he wanted BoA to concentrate on Asia for the time being then totally change his mind. so fast~ it was prob more because of BoA's wanting to act but still. Not just with BoA but for anyone whos trying to debut in the U.S. they should take it slow~

I don't hate the idea of her acting. i just don't want her to do it now... her comeback in korea is long overdue and there are people desperately waiting on her next album. & they KNOW she needs a comeback to boost her popularity-hype back up to the top. Cause the interest in her is fizzling.. . which is natural with all artists~ ..

i feel selfish but i realllllllllly want her to do some sort of comeback in korea whether its a album~ single~ digisingle~ whatever i just want her back soon~

Guest splendidlure

BoA to Receive Comtemporary Artist Award

071017_ent_2.jpg

Singer BoA will receive the 'Young Contemporary Artist Award' (Minister's Award) from the Ministry Culture and Tourism. Meanwhile, actress Goh Doo-shim and actor Kim Sung-hwan will receive the Okgwan Cultural Medal of Honor and the Hwagwan Cultural Medal of Honor, respectively.

The Ministry of Culture and Tourism recently selected and announced the recipients for the 2007 Cultural Medal of Honor as well as the 2007 Young Contemporary Artist Award.

BoA, the recipient of this year's young contemporary artist award, which goes out to artists in their 20s and 30s, is being recognized by the government for her accomplishments in both South Korea and Japan.

Goh Doo-shim and Kim Sung-hwan will be awarded for their long-term contributions to the popular arts sector.

wow. another award for boa. she totally deserves it. ;D she has achieved so many things and she's only 20.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i agree. SM should focus on ASIA right now. boa really needs to come back to korea and perform her edgey hits. i miss those. those are what she's most famous for. ballads are cool but i want a change ;D

edit: will add more later on. must sleep.

29703805up1.png

SM Entertainment is going to spread its wings yet again, by producing a film starring 3 of its current ‘museum of stars’. Bets on BoA getting a starring role are high, considering how she talked about dabbling in acting. The Dong Bang boys may also be riding on the wave from their popularity out of drama-wannabe Vacation to garner some of their members a shot.

At the press conference in Pusan on the 8th, it was announced that the 3 as-yet-unknown artists would be taking part in a TV adaptation of Japanese manga artist, Soda Masahito’s Dance! Subaru. It’s a story about a ballerina and her tribulations before reaching her dreams of becoming a real dancer. As to why they have chosen a Japanese comic over Korea’s own manhwas is beyond me. And I’m not certain this is the right way to go, seeing how SuJu made a flop out of theirs.

But regardless of SM’s past poor performance, it would be interesting to see fans reaction once SM releases the leads of the movie.

Source: Popseoul

Credits : smtownfamilyforever@multiply

As much as I find the popseoul.com blog as entertaining as it is, I don't find them as a reliable source.

First of all, they overly criticize (although sometimes some artist/actors/actress does deserve it) Korean entertainers.

Second of all, there are a lot of rumors around the place. Especially when it comes to SM...

About this, I think SM's going to put either Lee Yeon-hee, Go Ara, or Hee-bon for this one. I know they've been planning to put BoA on the acting business for like years already.

But hey, a drama as a Korean comeback isn't so bad either. xD xD

But I really think that it ain't gonna be BoA.

Yipee!! BoA wins an award!! xD

Guest atlantis-x
--

yeah ... i get the feeling that SM is trying to keep up with all the other companies.. why would LSM who specifically said he wanted BoA to concentrate on Asia for the time being then totally change his mind. so fast~ it was prob more because of BoA's wanting to act but still. Not just with BoA but for anyone whos trying to debut in the U.S. they should take it slow~

I don't hate the idea of her acting. i just don't want her to do it now... her comeback in korea is long overdue and there are people desperately waiting on her next album. & they KNOW she needs a comeback to boost her popularity-hype back up to the top. Cause the interest in her is fizzling.. . which is natural with all artists~ ..

i feel selfish but i realllllllllly want her to do some sort of comeback in korea whether its a album~ single~ digisingle~ whatever i just want her back soon~

haha. you are not the only selfish one. i want her to make a comeback too! the kpop world seem to be rather cold and empty without her presence even with all the rising starlets. though i m a little worried about the reception but i m sure it will be a big thing! i mean look at the KBS open concert where she made an appearance this june! the audience really cheered her on! and that was like kind of a surprise appearance? (well at least to me coz i dint hear of it) so imagine how her comeback will be like!(:

oh and hello suejin! (ah i was right about your name being suejin...) where are you from anyway?(:

i agree. SM should focus on ASIA right now. boa really needs to come back to korea and perform her edgey hits. i miss those. those are what she's most famous for. ballads are cool but i want a change ;D

yeah. i think boa almost said it herself during the CNN interview or something that. she wants to conquer asia first before going to US? or was it SM who said that? which is true i think. it's not easy to break into the US market if you are not fully established in your own region in the first place.

but i m anticipating her acting debut too. that time when she was rumoured to be starring in jay chou's slam dunk movie i was rather excited (the role went to charlene choi). and maybe if she had agreed to take the goong role she would be able to break into US market now? but whatever it is. whether it is an acting or singing comeback, i m still looking forward! though i want her 6th korean album out first.

ah i dont know how to make screencaps.

BoA at KBS Open Concert 070610

i love this performance! her voice is much stronger and her expressions! just reminds me of the 'older' days again.(:

T^T BIG DROP. She's no. 35 today T^T

winG*, thanks for the picture of BoA's male celebrity fans. I always knew before Kat-tun liked BoA lol

And I remember Nino saying BoA was a really good dancer in a show one time haha

and yea what everyone is saying, BoA should conquer Asia first (which is already hard to do)... But it's going to be harder to do well in US. I remember a while ago when BoA said she was studying Chinese or something... but I think now LSM thinks he already has DBSK all over Asia, so he should try to send BoA to US? lol idk just guessing.

BTW, cool clip, Bum. :] She was kind of looking in expression, but I'm glad that they're recognizing her music there too; there were also those videos of a 5566 member dancing to My Name and Rainie singing to Jewel Song. Really interesting stuff, hahah.

Looking forward to hearing that collab with Seamo. I hope this is the upbeat song I've been wanting. -__-

oh ya i remember watching 5566 member dancing to my name... it was hilarious.. i've seen in another clip alady performing brand new beat too...

yup..can't wait to hear collaboration between her and seamo...

she didn't get do much collaboration with other korea singers rite? apart from dbsk and ftts.... i think there';s only 2 songs ...

thanks for the picture too, winG*..wow when i first look at the pic i thought the guy on the top right was jaejoong...

Guest suejinners

dang she dropped again~ i hope it goes up tmrw!!!

im supppppppppppper excited for the the 26th XD

★SEAMO x BoA (Hey Boy, Hey Girl feat. BoA)

on Music station~~~~~~~

ahhhhhh ^_______^<3

btw guys & gals please vote for boa for 2007 MKMF BEST OF BEST award!

http://mkmf.mnet.com/2007/Best/index.asp?PageNum=4_4

(if you need help registering + voting i posted instructions/thumbnails at boajjang forums! ^___^)

Guest suejinners

^ what? really??

that really sucks -___-

I guess they are really trying to make it so ppl dont go crazy making new accounts. dang.. -___- that means all non korean citizens can't vote-__- boo~

i shall go edit my post thanks for the heads up. you can still vote in the other award categories though.LOL. but BoA isn't there T_T

Guest astarael

Thanks for the images, wing! I feel like there might be a couple guys missing from that list, but seems like the majority of them are there, hehee. It's really cool to see that.

She's still winning these awards despite not having been active in Korea this year; just imagine how things would be if she had made a comeback. Hopefully by next year, she'll have her album ready and then she can turn Korea upside down. I just feel like her album has to come out soon; I don't know why she'd be studying music if she was planning on debuting as an actress. I wish I could vote! AGH, I just hope that her fanclub members vote a lot.

Anyway, her manager updated (the same man with the glasses?):

"BoA는 현재 오랜만에 한국~~!!

녹음 中...이에요..!! "

녹음 中!!

오랜만에....조국의 품으로...!!

역시 집에 오는 보아는 항상 밝은 얼굴로...!! 아무래도 집이 편하죠...ㅋㅋㅋ

하지만, 아쉽게도 바쁜 스케줄때문인지, 살이 많이 빠졌더군요...ㅠㅠ.

일주일 후 다시 일본으로 돌아간답니다.

일본을로 돌아가면 9월 싱글 막바지 프로모션과..아직까지는 예상이지만, 12월에 나올 싱글을 준비합니다..

또, 일본가면 바빠질것 같네요.ㅠ.ㅠ

I think BoA went back to Korea for a bit, and she was just happy to be home. But she's really busy and next week she has to go back to Japan to finish up promotions. Also, in December, she's preparing for a new single? The title of the update says that she's recording something.

I'm super glad she went home though. :] She deserves a little break and the chance to see her family for a bit.

Archived