B O A (보아) * Official Thread

Guest jnnfr

Haven't been here in days! Thanks for all the news and links!! Ah! The performance was awesome! She looked gorgeous! Boo .. I can't seem to listen to the OST. :(

Yes! The Anycall CF thingy is true!! Can't wait til it comes out!! Like you guys, I'm also really excited!! :D

Edit -- I just listened to the OST. I thought she sounded great in the song, but the song itself isn't very appealing to me. Maybe if I listen to it a bit more ..

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hyeminnie

ehhhh.

the musicstation performance is kinda shaky.

pitch isn't that great, but i love her outfit haha (:

yeah. it was really shaky. esp. at the low parts.

but didn't she have a cold or something?

i loved the scenery. so cute~

Guest atlantis-x

BoA & Koda Kumi - Talking on Music Station 070914

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS7kVJShneg

i have no clue what they were saying T.T

eh i m not too sure about it. but the starting of the video the host was asking them about their collaboration with each other in 2001.and koda remarked that it was 6 years ago and boa was only 14 then. i think the host asked koda how old she was then and koda tried to act youthful again(or pretending to be boa)?haha.and i dint really get the rest of the part.but i think the host asked boa how different it is from 6 years ago and now.

haha do correct me if i m wrong.i m quite bad at japanese.heh.but koda kumi seemed really chatty as opposed to boa.

anyway the music station performance was not bad for a first performance.thought her starting verse was quite shaky but she picked up at the chorus.maybe it's coz of the cold she just recovered from?hmmm.

thanks for the videos hanjin90!(:

Guest astarael

^ Thanks for the translations! lol, she's funny~

Thank you for the LOVE LETTER videos and caps! I thought it was a pretty good performance, no perfect but still good. She looked really pretty as well; her hair is so long now, haha. I wish my hair grew that fast.

I actually like the new song a lot. It definitely fits the movie, very mysterious with a dark atmosphere, like fog. :x I love that she's trying out all these different styles of music. I'm not sure whether or not this is the song she was recording in Australia. When her manager posted that she was recording something (8-20), it was before the lunch with the fans in Seoul, and then he said that she was going overseas the next day (8-28). Well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Oricon Style - September 24, 2007 Issue

th_0003vj0wm3.jpg th_0004vo2kq7.jpg

CREDITS: 小喵 at 8dimentions and BoAjjang + boanjel

Guest Gazette<3

oh the performance was Very impressive

And Cool i love it love her outfit 2

the Color seems very Elegant on her

I like her hair seems nice :3

Guest Gazette<3

eh i m not too sure about it. but the starting of the video the host was asking them about their collaboration with each other in 2001.and koda remarked that it was 6 years ago and boa was only 14 then. i think the host asked koda how old she was then and koda tried to act youthful again(or pretending to be boa)?haha.and i dint really get the rest of the part.but i think the host asked boa how different it is from 6 years ago and now.

haha do correct me if i m wrong.i m quite bad at japanese.heh.but koda kumi seemed really chatty as opposed to boa.

anyway the music station performance was not bad for a first performance.thought her starting verse was quite shaky but she picked up at the chorus.maybe it's coz of the cold she just recovered from?hmmm.

I'm only studying Japanese right now, so I'm not that great either, but yea the host was basically talking about their very first performance at Music Station, and it was during "The Meaning of Peace and Love" days. And yea... I was very lost after all this talk...

Koda Kumi is very chatty and loud in general lol

I thought BoA sounded great in the beginning of each chorus until she got to the high parts... she strained a lot. And I have to agree her low parts weren't that great either... but overall, she sounded great. I still think she sounds better live than the recording, but that's just me :D

ya BoA's voice got a bit shaky at the err 1st verse ..haha must be nervouse after a break....

yup.. mist was totally awesome.. though when the music started, i tot it wans;t that great till her voice came on...woooh.. nice voice... hope she'll get the chance to perform this song live like 'we' in the korean drama award

Guest hanjin90

BoA's new interview from

http://www.hotexpress.co.jp

PAGE1 인간의 움직임이 아니야

- 오늘은 신곡 「LOVE LETTER」에 대해서는 물론, 8월 8일에 라이브 DVD가 릴리스 된지 얼마 안된【BoA ARENA TOUR 2007“MADE IN TWENTY(20)”】에 대해서도 이야기를 듣고 싶습니다만, 우선 올해 아레나 투어, 스스로에게는 어떤 투어가 되었습니까?

BoA:올해 투어는, 오랜만의 아레나 투어여서, 실컷 춤추고 노래하고, 엔터테인먼트성이 강한 라이브가 되었어요.즐거웠습니다.

- 나는 요코하마 아레나의 공연을 보았습니다만 , 우선 BoA 자신이 마구 즐기고 있는 것이 인상적이었습니다.

BoA:오랫만에 마음껏 춤출 수 있어서, 그것도 즐거웠고, 또 연출이 전회의 아레나 투어보다 스케일이 커지고, 보는 즐거움과 듣는 즐거움 양쪽 모두 존재하는 라이브여서, 나 자신도 즐길 수 있었습니다.

- 또 이번 투어에서 인상적이었던 것이 댄스로. 혹시 아직 일본에서는 아무도 한 적이 없는 듯한 새로운 스타일의 댄스를 차례차례로 보여 주었습니다만.

BoA:다리의 상처가 간신히 완치되서, 이번엔 마음껏 춤추고 싶었어요.여러가지 안무가분과 상담하고, 지금까지 한 적이 없는 새로운 춤에도 자꾸자꾸 도전하고. 그 결과, 자꾸자꾸 인간의 움직임이 아니게 되어 깜짝 놀라고 있습니다 (웃음).

- 덧붙여서 투어에서 보여준 댄스 중에서 제일 고생한 것은?

BoA:「Silent Screamerz」라고 하는, 앨범 「OUTGROW」의 1곡째에 수록되어 있는 악곡이 있는데, 좀처럼 몸에 익혀지지 않아서, 제일 힘들었어요.

- 그리고, 개인적으로 이번 투어에서 들었던것 중 제일 기분 좋았던 것이 「Everything Needs Love」였는데, 저것은 분위기가 살았어요.

BoA:오랫만에 스테이지에서 노래해 보았는데, 여러분, 몹시 분위기가 업되서.역시 하우스는 분위기 타기 쉽구나라고 그리고.나도 너무 업되서 , 도중에 이상한 댄스를 추기도 했었어요 (웃음).

- 그런 아레나 투어 직후에 릴리스 된 뉴 싱글 「Sweet Impact」. 라이브에서도 몹시 분위기가 살고 , 스스로도 꽤 마음에 드는 작품이 되었지 않습니까?

BoA:「Sweet Impact」는, PV 촬영도 몹시 즐거웠고, 악곡도 지금까지 노래한 적이 없는 타입이라 몹시 신선했고. 라이브에서 릴리스 전부터 노래하고 있었는데, 이것도 여러분, 몹시 분위기 띄워주어서, 기뻤습니다.

- 그 곡의 댄스도 꽤 높은 수준의 내용이었어요.

BoA:그렇네요.자꾸자꾸 댄스의 레벨이 높아져 가고, 좀처럼 따라가기 어렵지만요 (웃음), 그렇지만 그 만큼, 완성이 몹시 기다려집니다. 개인적으로는, 솔로 댄스 장면이 몹시 힘들었는데, 힘든만큼 완성이 기다려지기때문에, 「힘내자!」라고 생각됩니다.

- 그리고 「Sweet Impact」릴리스 후는, 잠시 한국에서의 활동으로?

BoA:오고 가고 했지요.제작하거나 CM을 찍거나.

PAGE2 자신의 마음을 솔직하게

- 그런 느낌으로 올해도 일본과 한국을 왕래하면서 충실한 음악 활동을 하고 있는 BoA입니다만, 여기에 와서, 실로 BoA다운, 마음이 따뜻해지는 악곡이 태어났습니다.「LOVE LETTER」, 자신에게는 어떤 인상이나 감상을 갖고 있습니까

BoA:지금까지의 싱글곡과는 선을 긋는, 신선한 악곡이라고 느끼고 있습니다. 미디엄 템포로 멋진 어레인지로, 가사의 내용이 어떤 상황에 있는 분이라도 공감할 수 있는 곡이 되어 있습니다. 그래서 여러분에게 있어서도, 이번 가을부터 겨울을 향한 계절에 딱 맞고 듣기 쉬운 곡이 되었지 않을까라고 생각하고 있습니다.

- 가사에는 어떤 구상을 담고 있습니까?

BoA:이번 작사는, 와타나베나츠미씨와 공동작으로 만들었는데, 이번 테마는, 자신의 마음을 솔직하게 표현하는 것은 몹시 어려운 일이잖아요. 특히 여성은, 좋아하는 사람에게 고백한다는 것에 대해서 무서워하거나 좀처럼 말할 수 없거나 하는데, 역시 전하지 않으면 알아 주지 않는다.라는 것을 테마로 하고 있어요.그러니까 짝사랑을 하고 있고, 좀처럼 자신의 마음을 전하지 못하는 분 , 이 곡을 듣고, 고백하는 용기를 가져 줄 수 있으면 기쁘겠습니다.또 연인이 있는 분도, 상대의 사람과 이야기해 보지 않으면 좀처럼 깨달을 수 없는 것이 있거나 능숙하게 가지 않거나, 후회하는 것이 있지 않습니까. 그러한 분에게도, 자신의 마음을 솔직하게 표현하는 것은, 몹시 소중하다라는것을 재차 알릴 수 있으면..

- 자신의 마음을 솔직하게 표현하는 것은, 몹시 중요한일. 그것은 연애 이외의 부분에서도 말할 수 있는 것이라고 생각합니다만, BoA 자신, 연령이나 경험을 거듭할 때 마다 강하게 느끼는 거나 합니까?

BoA:반대로 예전이 뭐든지 솔직하게 말할 수 있었던가? 라고 생각합니다.

역시 나이를 거듭해 갈 때마다 자꾸자꾸 보통으로 말할 수 있었던 것을 말할 수 없게 되거나 지나치게 생각해서 말할 수 없거나 하는 것은, 저도 물론 경험한 것으로. 이 곡을 노래하면서 「자신을 솔직하게 나타내야」 「 그렇지만 그것을 좀처럼 할 수 없는 것 같아 」는, 자신을 되돌아 보거나 했습니다.그러한 의미에서는, 나를 향해서 노래하고 있는 부분도 있을지 모르겠네요.

-「생일엔 건배 하며 같은 경치을 보고싶어」라고 하는 프레이즈도 나오는데, 이 곡의 가사는 BoA가 마음에 그리는 이상의 연애이거나 합니까?

BoA:그렇네요. 생일만이 아니고, 기념일은 역시 좋아하는 사람과 보내고 싶다든가, 행복해진다면 좋아하는 사람과 행복해지고 싶다라는 마음은, 물론 저도 가지고 있고, 어느 여성이라도 가지고 있는 마음이라고 생각합니다. 단지 「건배」라고 하는 단어가 가사안에 나왔다고 하는 것은, 내가 스무살이 넘었기 때문으로. 그것이 왠지 몹시 기쁘기도 (웃음).

- 모처럼 묻고싶은데, 스무살이 된 BoA는 어떤 술로 자주 건배 합니까?

BoA:소주입니다 (웃음)

-(웃음).갑자기 떫은 술을 기억하네요!

BoA:그렇네요~(웃음). 아무튼 함께 마셔 주는 분들의 대부분이 손윗사람들이니까, 아무래도 벡터가 그쪽으로 가버립니다. 그렇지만 향기가 좋아서.단지 맛이 맛있다든가는···술은 맛있을까?

- 얼마안있어, 알수있을거라고 생각합니다 (웃음).

BoA:(웃음).

-「LOVE LETTER 의 이야기로 되돌아와서, 나는 이 곡의 가성에, 테크닉이라든지 가창력이라든지만으로는 결코 없는, 간절한 마음을 제대로 마음에 두고 움직이게하는 인상을 받았습니다만, 스스로는 어떻게 생각됩니까?

BoA:데뷔 이후의 나의 고집이라고 할까, 역시 외국에 와있으니까, 완벽한 발음이거나, 아직도 어렵다고 느끼는 일본어가 있기도 합니다만, 그런데도 「제대로 전하자」라고 쭉 생각하면서 노래해 오고 있어요. 역시 노래는 「마치 자신을 위해서 만들어진 것 같은 곡이다」라고 생각하는 것이 제일 좋다고 생각합니다. 물론 가사의 세계관은, 듣는 분에 의해서 전해지는 방법이 변해간다고 생각하지만, 역시 우선 자신이 그 가사를 제대로 모두에게 전해지도록 열심히 노래하는 것이, 무엇보다 제일 중요한 것이 아닐까하는.그렇지 않다면 전해지지 않지 않을까라는.특히 「LOVE LETTER」는, 좋아하는 사람을 향해서, 솔직한 마음을 열심히 전하려고 하는 분위기를 내고 싶었습니다.그러니까 만들어진 창법이 아니고, 정말로 스트레이트하게 노래하지 않으면 안 된다고 생각해요.

- 그러한 고집, 마음을 담은 노래의 완성에는, 스스로도 몹시 납득 가는 것이 되었습니까?

BoA:그렇네요. 이쁘게 노래하기 보다, 열심히 노래한다. 그것을 제대로 표현할 수 있어서, 곡의 이미지와 맞는 창법이 되었구나라고 생각합니다.

PAGE3 『DO THE MOTION』팀이 재결성

- 덧붙여서, 가사를 쓸 때에 말 하나를 선택하는데도 마음을 담기 쉬운 말을 선택하거나 합니까?

BoA:이 곡을 처음 들었을 때에는, 몹시 애절한 느낌이 들고, 「마음의 숨바꼭질」이라고 하는 단어가 떠올라서, 거기서부터 가사를 써 갔습니다. 그리고, 그것을 본 나츠미씨가 “LOVE LETTER”라고 하는 멋진 워드를 꺼내 주고, 좋은 가사로 완성되었다고 생각합니다만, 역시 제가 작사를 할 경우에는, 일본인이 이해 하기 어려운 표현이 나와버려서 어렵습니다.그렇지만 그것을 이번 같이 작사가분에게 상담하면, 「아, 이런 표현의 방법이 있다」라는 공부가 됩니다. 아직 가사는 공부중이에요.

- 또 , 이번 「LOVE LETTER」, 가사도 물론입니다만, 곡자체도 몹시 훌륭한데. BoA씨 자신은, 카즈야요코씨가 다룬 이번 곡에, 어떤 인상을?

BoA:카즈야요코씨에게는, 「DO THE MOTION」이라든지 「너의 옆에서」라든지, 좋은 발라드를 많이 받고 있습니다만, 역시 여성분이므로, 「LOVE LETTER」도 그렇지만, 몹시 멜로디가 섬세하고, 아름다워요. 애절한곳도 확실히 있고. 카즈야씨는, 좋아하는 작곡가중의 한 사람입니다.그리고, 「LOVE LETTER」의 어레인지는, YANAGIMAN씨에게 받고 싶다고 생각해서, 받았습니다만, 그랬더니 크레디트의 줄이 「DO THE MOTION」과 똑같은! 우연한 일이지만, 「DO THE MOTION」의 팀이 다시 한번 부활한 형태가 되어 있습니다. 멋진 분들이 또 모여 받을 수 있어서, 기뻤습니다.

- 또 이번 싱글, 2곡째, 3곡째에는 경쾌한 댄스 넘버가 수록되고 있습니다.우선 「Diamond Heart」, 자신에서는 어떤 인상이나 감상을 갖게 하고 있습니까?

BoA:커플링의 2곡은, 상당히 전부터 텔레비전이라든지 CM으로 흐르고 있었으므로, 여러분의 귀에도 친숙한 곡이라고 생각합니다, 우선 「Diamond Heart」는, 최근 제가 하우스에 빠지고 있어서, 하우스 넘버를 노래하고 싶다고 생각해서 만난 곡이랍니다. 굉장히 템포도 빠르고, 기분 좋게 들을 수 있는 멋진 곡이라고 생각해서, 이번에 노래하게 되었습니다.결과적으로, 1곡째와 3곡째 사이에 변환을 주는 곡이 되었지 않을까라고도 생각합니다.

- 어떤 기회로 하우스에 빠졌습니까?

BoA:하우스에 한정된 것은 아닌데, 시부야계라든지 2 스텝이라든지, 하우스라든지, 차분히 듣는 것보다는, BGM로서 기분 좋게 들을 수 있는 음악을 최근 좋아합니다.

- 이어서 「Beautiful Flowers」, 이쪽의 악곡에는 어떤 인상이나 감상을?

BoA:이 곡은, 프로야구 중계 「더·프로야구」의 테마 송으로, 정말로 응원을 하고 있는 느낌의 곡으로 완성되었습니다, 예전에는 이러한 메시지성을 가진 곡이 많았어요.그렇지만 최근에는 별로 노래하지 않았기 때문에, 신선함을 느껴서. 시간에 쫓겨 바쁜 날들을 보내고 있지만, 자신을 위해서 노력하자 라는 메세지, 거기에 여러 분이 힘을 받으면 좋겠다고 생각해 노래했습니다.

- 솔직히 이 커플링의 2곡도 타이틀이 되도 이상하지 않은 넘버라고 생각합니다만.

BoA:그런 말을 들으니 고맙습니다, 커플링곡은, 저나, 함께 곡을 만들어 가는 사람들의 취향이 강하게 나오고 있는 곡이 많아요.최근 제가 빠져 있는 곡이나 디렉터씨가 빠져 있는 곡을 좋아하며 넣고있을 뿐입니다 (웃음).그러니까 부담감이 없다. 그 좋은 점이 나오고 있는지도 모르네요.

- 그리고 이번 싱글 4곡째에는, 「LOVE LETTER」의 현악기를 feature 한 Winter Acoustic Mix가 수록되고 있습니다.이쪽을 수록하려고 한 것은?

BoA:1곡째도 몹시 멋진 어레인지로, 반짝반짝감을 가진 애절한 곡으로 완성되고 있습니다만, 이 버젼은, 현악기의 소리가 몹시 아름다워요. 그리고, 이 곡은 멜로디도 몹시 아름답기 때문에, 어쿠스틱 버젼으로도 들어 주었으면 하는 마음도 있었습니다. 게다가 집에서 밤에, 차분히 듣고 있으면 최고라고 생각해서.

- 또, 이번「LOVE LETTER」의 PV는 어떤 내용이 되어 있는 것입니까?

BoA:현실의 BoA와 꿈 속의 BoA가 각각 등장합니다. 현실 세계의 카페에서 내가 어떤분을 기다리고 있는 동안에 자 버립니다. 그리고, 그 꿈속의 나는, 바에서 노래하고 있는 가수라는 설정입니다만, 손님중 한 명의 남성으로부터 편지를 몇번이나 받습니다. 그리고 두 명은 약속을 하게 됩니다만···그 후의 이야기는, 직접봐주세요 (웃음).그리고 무엇보다도 영상이 몹시 이쁩니다. 카와무라씨라는 감독님이 찍어주셨는데, 「BoA the LIVE 」나 「BoA ARENA TOUR 2007 "MADE IN TWENTY(20)"」의 라이브 영상도 촬영해 주시고, 「꼭 이번 PV도 카와무라씨가 찍어주셨으면 좋겠다」라는 리퀘스트를 모두 내고 있었습니다. 그것이 실현될 수 있던 것은, 정말로 기뻤고, 몹시 좋은 작품이 됐구나라고 느끼고 있습니다.

- 그러면, 마지막입니다만, 독자 여러분에게 메세지를 부탁합니다.

BoA:「LOVE LETTER」는, 약 5개월만의 싱글입니다, 가을부터 겨울을 향해서 지금부터 계절에 딱 맞는 여러분이 듣기 쉬운 작품이 되었다고 생각하기 때문에, 꼭 많이 들어 주세요!

i wish i knew Korean or Japanese T.T

--------------------------------------------------------------

[PERF]BoA - 070914 Music Station - opening talk + LOVE LETTER

http://clubbox.co.kr/KoreanEnt

Guest ZZOOzzoo

Some additional information on BoA's new song 'Angae'

Mcover2.jpg

BoA's new song, titled Angae ("Mist" in English), has just been released online on Cyworld. The song is to be played during the end credits for a new Korean action film "M", directed by Lee Myeong-Se.

Angae is a remake of a K-pop classic from the seventies by Jeong Hun-Hee, whose own comeback album is coming out this coming fall. She is also known as the aunt of a Korean R&B singer J.

According to TodayKorea, "M" was already previewed and screened at the Toronto International Film Festival earlier this week to rave reviews. It features Kang Dong-Won and Lee Yeon-Hee, and is expected to open in Korea on October 26th.

At last, end credits that are worth staying in the theater for!

Credits:

Site: www.BoAjjang.com

News Update: ZZOOzzoo(BoAjjang.com)

Writeup/Editing: ZZOOzzoo(BoAjjang.com)

News/Image Source: Cyworld, TodayKorea

Thanks for the info on her new OST song, Zzooo!

BoA did okay on her 1st performance of Love Letter. Her ending/adlibs was the best part. Her perf wasn't strong probably because she's recovering from the cold. I know that she can do better than this. I think her next Love Letter perf will be better, and I still love this song.

Her new OST song, "Mist", sounds very different from what she has released in the past. I don't think that it sounds like "We" because "Mist" sounds like modern trot while "We" is an epic-sound ballad (and not to forget to mention that it's one of BoA's best ballads). The song does match well with the horror-theme movie. BoA's vocal is very nice in it. I've played the song several times, and I like it. However, it's not the type of the songs that you can have it on repeat :)

ps: It's funny that we had no news of BoA for awhile, and then BOOMMM...a bunch of BoA's news are posted here, and more are still coming (I hope). Her MIA time is over :lol:

Guest Gazette<3

This was sooo funny

BoA were afraid in the end very CUTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX01_hTHTHM

BoA - Loveletter on Music Station 091407

Oh Magnificence was very good

frome the Beginning 2 the end

i did not Believe it was full of BoA's Magic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn32sPdK9pk

BoA - 070912 Biglobe - Love Letter Comment

As usual FULL of Natural beauty

with a Strong personality

Speak with confidence<3

oh i love BoA

EDIT

boa11.png

more of BoA's Gifts

BoA-banner.gif

7ed3ed25.gif

jasmine54cj.gif

boamysweetie7ji1.gif

Guest kayem7289

I listened to Mist yesterday, and I thought it was pretty good. It's not an instant favorite of mine yet, but it's very innovative and creative compared to some recent songs. I like it a lot, it has a mysterious feel to it, and her voice is really pleasant (when it is not pleasant :lol:?). I can't wait to hear the whole song.

Thanks for all the pictures Gazette! I read your post at the DBSK thread, lol...A lot of people probably won't like you now :sweatingbullets:. I still do of course, but you know how jae dominates Soompi :lol:!

I can't wait to hear more news about BoA!

I'm overloaded with news these days lol.

Guest Gazette<3
Gazette! I read your post at the DBSK thread, lol...A lot of people probably won't like you now

whay ???

^ you should remove those links before u get warned!

Ok! & THX

Guest infinite

Does anyone know where I can get all/most high quality (.avi preferred) videos of BoA's music videos and performances? There's gotta be a ton from these past 7 yrs. Please PM me if you do. Thanks in advance!!

Archived