B O A (보아) * Official Thread

Guest jnnfr

Guest vaan15

^ yup! it's not OK with me too. Mr. Lee Soo Man, don't 'lend' BoA! - that sounded wrong O_o

thanks for the pictures! she looks soo cute in those performances!! I like 'PRETTY BOY' BoA :P she kinda looks like Yunho :wub:

and she's still #5 on the charts, right? Go Go BoA!!!

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hikki88

hehehehehhe... say "NO" to Lee So Man?

should we all do petition now? just kidding!!

omg.. i want a new album!!!!!

i dont want that watever musical thingy...

aaaaaaaaaa~

Guest suejinners

on Music station 4.27.2007

swwa8.jpg

swwvr3.jpg

sw3mc0.jpg

sw4ih8.jpg

sw5zz9.jpg

sw2wq9.jpg

CREDITS TO 봐말5 at boaworld bestiz +imageshack

swict5.jpg

^ huge bags under her eyes T__T

credits to rdq at boaworld bestiz

TFM Countdown Appearance

tfmcountdownxs1.jpg

CREDITS TO Countdown japan + boanjel at boajjang forums

Look at her HAIR<3<3

Guest Jina!
이날 문화산업포럼에 참석한 이수만 SM엔터테인먼트 대표는 “뮤지컬 업계에서 ‘보아 좀 빌려달라, 빌려달라’ 했는데 그 동안 확신이 없었다”며 “오늘 발표 내용과 분위기를 보니 적극적으로 도와야겠다는 생각이 들었다”고 말했다. 가수 보아(21)는 특히 일본에서 인기가 많은 한류(韓流) 스타다. 뮤지컬 ‘대장금’ 초연을 앞둔 송승환 PMC프러덕션 대표가 “일본에 ‘대장금’을 수출하려고 하는데 보아를 한 달만 빌려주면 그걸로 흥행 걱정은 끝”이라고 하자, 이수만 대표는 “검토해 보겠다”고 했다. SM엔터테인먼트 관계자는 “투자시간 대비 경제적 효과를 놓고 뮤지컬·영화·드라마를 검토 중”이라고 말했다.

At the musical industry forum today attendee Lee Soo Man, head of SM Entertainment, stated, "The musical industry has asked 'Please lend us BoA, please lend her to us,' but there was no guarantee." He added, "After seeing today's topics and atmosphere I felt that I must actively help." Singer BoA (21) is a singer of the Korean Wave who is particularly popular in Japan. Song Seung Hwan, the representative of PMC Production which will premiere the musical 'Dae Jang Geum' stated, "Lending BoA to us for only a month while we export 'Dae Jang Geum' to Japan would relieve us of all our worries." To that Lee Soo Man answered, "We will study the prospect." SM Entertainment spokesperson said, "While preparing for investment periods in order to set economic impact we are currently examining musicals·movies·dramas."

A quick translation to tide us over until we can get a better one. Take the last sentence with a pinch of salt, it kind of confused me for some reason. o____O I think that's kind of the general gist of it, though. Sorry, but it's 3:00 AM right now and I haven't had any decent sleep this week since it's the week before finals. I had so many final papers to write and actual finals to study for... boo. I can't wait for vacation. Anyway, the rest of it is fine. ^^

It's certainly an uncommon opportunity and I definitely didn't think of a musical prospect for BoA. It would be really interesting to see the final outcome. But... I'm selfish and I much rather she come back wth her 6th Korean album. We've been so deprived. ><

Ah, thank you for the pics, suejinners; I agree, her hair looks beautiful! I wish I could pull off bangs, haha.

Guest winG*

She definitely looked worn out during the MS Sweet Impact perf...She'll be getting a break soon though, right? It seems like all these years of nonstop schedules have finally taken a toll on her physically. Now we see her physical conditions actually affect her performances...she gets sick/injured more..she's been complaining about how hard it is for her to get out of bed after a day of schedules, how her muscles ache so much after dancing... It makes sense though. There's no way such a little person could work as hard as she does for such a long period of time and still be in great shape. I hope she focuses more on taking care of her health now...she's so young. There's still plenty of time for her to work on her career.

^ Sorry if this sounds like a really dumb question...but do they mean borrowing BoA as in giving her the lead? Or borrowing her for promotion? I thought musicals took more than a month to prepare for o_o. A musical is definitely an interesting opportunity though...It'd be a bit hard for a debut, wouldn't it? Thanks for the translation, Jina (and Sue for the little bit up there). It's been a while since we've seen you here in the thread^^ I hope you all do well on your finals!

they want to borrow boa as one of the perfromer in the musical show?..the way they say lend boa is as if they are borrwing a pen or pencil..

anyway here's err some more scans of mags

epop no103... hmm i guess this is the final part of the interview..

epopno103200701fm4.jpg

epopno103200702uk5.jpg

epopno103200703an6.jpg

tv times issue 763.. ehh guess it's the news but boajunki thing..

tvtimesissue763zp9.jpg

credit: Bum

Guest suejinners

most of the people at boaworld like the idea of a musical more than a drama or movie. but the thing that bothers them is that its only in japan. lol. but they said it might be hard for her(physically) but its easier to get people to believe that she can transition into acting.. because musicals= singing & acting.. .

i think they are considering the acting after they do her album... or thats what they've been saying lately in articles... that they are going to the album first..

Guest hanjin90
I spent like 10 minutes analyzing the video and I've ruled out Ryo and Ywki.

i tried to figure out who's tat male dancer & it looks like Ryo to me ^

BoA & musical,sounds interesting but how 'bout the Korean album????

mayb,it's a great chance for BoA but i'd rather her come back with a K album T__T

Guest hikki88

aah~ finally.. i understand something bout the article..

waaaa~ such a big scans u posted.. oh wait, how come they made such a big fuss bout her-hyori-junki thingy?

anyone here understand chinese? :sweatingbullets:

i think they are considering the acting after they do her album... or thats what they've been saying lately in articles... that they are going to the album first..

thank u!!!!! thank u!!!! i really hope it wont effect d whole korean-new-album process..

gee~

Guest blessed

LOL,, borrow BoA.....

its nice to know shes in such high demand!! she would be...

but a musical seems interesting,, too bad they're supposed to be hella tiring!

Guest hikki88

According to TFM Countdown Appearance's pix that were posted by suejinners earlier, Sweet Impact is at No.4!!

omg..

er well that's one spot above the other chart....

maybe she should stay away from japan for a while.. maybe there are toomany of her singles and album and concert dvd out at the same time..

Guest jessiep

I saw that article of stating that BoA is wanted in the broadway show at Boajjang. I don't mind if BoA decides to participate in this show as long as she wants to.

"Please lend us BoA" sounds funny but it ticks me though because it sounds like BoA is a property of or owned by SM Entertainment. "Sigh"

ps: SI is still at #5. It looks like she'll have #5 weekly.

Guest LazyAzian

BoA-chan LOVE~ I think BoA should do Korean album first and then musical. BoA seems like treated as some sort

of "thing" that can make a lot of money. However, I think that's what BoA has to pay back to SM after they had trained her extensively.

Hmmm, I want her to do that "6 months in japan, 6 months in Korea" thing again since it worked out well in her past works. BoA seems a bit tired and "missing" her home after spending 2 years in Japan.

Guest suejinners
As if being a renowned singer, a phenomenal dancer and an established model wasn't enough, there is yet another career prospect for BoA: a musical actress.

Attending the Cultural Industry Forums in Korea, Lee Soo-Man expressed his support for the musical theater industry in Korea, which has been struggling recently to reach out to the masses, and also hinted at the possibility of BoA appearing in a musical.

When Song Seung-Hwan, the producer of smash-hit 'Nanta' and the upcoming musical production of popular drama 'Dae Jang Geum', asked Lee if he would consider allowing BoA to act in a musical, Lee replied that he would "seriously consider" the option.

But do not hold your breath just yet. A source at SM Entertainment said that the company is "thinking about the cost versus value of venturing in musical theater industry," and, let's face it, musical theater is probably not exactly the great profit maker that Lee Soo-Man is looking for.

Credits:

Site: www.BoAjjang.com

News Update: suejinners(BoAjjang.com)

Writeup/Editing: ZZOOzzoo(BoAjjang.com), Alec(BoAjjang.com), ptoor(BoAjjang.com), krjeami(BoAjjang.com)

News/Image Source: Chosun Ilbo

yay they translated it!

i think LSM will put musicals on the bottom of his list. lol

but musicals are getting pretty big in Korea... aren't they? i always see the News covering them.

--oh and wheesungs album is coming out in late june ~ july!!!!

Guest winG*

^ Yeah I hear more news about former singers going into musicals...and getting really good reviews for them (Ock JuHyun, Shoo, etc). It'll be interesting for BoA to try...but the profit BoA COULD earn in a month while doing music or something else is going to push the possibility of her being in the musical down the list. Thanks for posting ^^

Ooooh maybe Wheesung and BoA's activities will overlap and they'll have a few performances together then... :w00t: I'm so excited for this song. Finally a singing collab. I loved her collabs with m-flo, but I was always curious about how she'd sound with another SINGER.

Archived