B O A (보아) * Official Thread

Guest jnnfr

hmm the first pic of meilin in her thread looks a bit like dana...

yaya..haha i agree with wing.. i wa sjust watching her hsitroy dvd the other day..and she's so funny... lying to the people saying that is her first meal of the day when actually while preparing for the shoot..she has already lots of noodles stuff..... and her manager said that she's stingy..hehe

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest suejinners

Let's stop talking about Meilin.

Its just a marketing-publicity thing

When BoA got huge after No.1 they just stuck the title BoA#2 with all new young female artists.

like Joanee, Haneul, som2. then when younha debuted in japan... she was named BoA#2.

in the article about the hyori ljk picture.

okay everyone knows hyori's cute outgoing personality right? ^^

she says ljk asked her to introduce a girl to him because he has no g.f

so in 12-06 she introduced boa to him.

On that day LJK came with his hair/makeup all perfectly so it surprised her. She told them to date.

But they just remain FRIENDS.

yeah i bet fans freaked out on that.....

i love her personality and all but sometimes you need to keep things private.

its not a big deal or anything.. but yeah i just think that way....

Guest winG*

^ That's so funny, lol. Her plans of being matchmaker didn't turn out too well, I guess. I think her telling this story kind of reassures that they only remained friends...if there was something between LJK and BoA, she would've kept quiet (I'm guessing. Either that or just tell everyone that they ARE dating, lol). However, knowing the extreme ways of the fans in Korea, it would've been better to leave this story out^^.

Guest hanjin90
in the article about the hyori ljk picture.

okay everyone knows hyori's cute outgoing personality right? ^^

she says ljk asked her to introduce a girl to him because he has no g.f

so in 12-06 she introduced boa to him.

On that day LJK came with his hair/makeup all perfectly so it surprised her. She told them to date.

But they just remain FRIENDS.

yeah i bet fans freaked out on that.....

i love her personality and all but sometimes you need to keep things private.

its not a big deal or anything.. but yeah i just think that way....

OMG~~~~~

it's pretty interesting

the thought of BoA & Jun Ki r together never comes to my mind LOL

i find it cute~~hehe

i'm happy tat they r friend now

i saw a lot of ppl in bestiz commented 'bout this but i dun know what they said ~~hehe

thanx for ur explanation Suejin ah <3

Since we're on the topic of 2nd BoA's... I found this picture on yahoo korea a while ago.

n2o_1412_413436_1.jpg

Please don't hotlink.

Basically, it's a list of singers who attempted to be the second BoA.

Guest suejinners

^ i remember seo yun. she really copied boa back then.(the '86er top right corner

anyways Woori/park shin hye only got the BoA#2 title 'just because' they were young girls

Guest suejinners

(top row is dana, joanne, ha neul, seo yun)

(middle row is som2/meilin, Woori, Go AhRah, Park SHin Hye)

(sunday)

*Joanne was actually okay. her vocals were pretty good. she did okay with several songs.. i liked her best out of all. shes stupposed to come back soon~

*Ha neul just had this one song.... oot gi nae! i remember her perf! LOL . Shes supposed to come back out with R'oora but then i saw her couple days ago in the news performing 0__0 so i don't know what shes doing.

*seo yun... i dont remember seeing any of her performances. i just remember people annoyed w/ her copying boa's style.

*som2 aka meilin. i remember her saying how she really liked "BoA Unnie" and wants to be like her

*Woori who was known as a good model back then was interviewed and like som2 she said she likes BoA and wanted to be like her. She was training to be a singer.. but that really didn't happen. she continued her model career.. recently she turned to acting.

Boa must be so flattered to have so many girls dubbed BoA #2. =P

she's darn beautiful even without make up she's still look stunning! i admire her alot, her courage and hard work to reach the level where she is now.

BoA saranghaeyo~~ hwa ee ting!! ^_^

I remember Park Shin Hye was being trained to be a singer or something and she was supposedly good, too. Maybe I'm wrong, but I swear I heard it/read it somewhere... which probably isn't too trustable... LOL.

I actually liked one of SeoYeon's songs... but her style was very similar to BoA's... but then again, BoA was one of the very few solo/female/young/pop singers back then so if you were a solo/female/young pop singer, you automatically copied BoA or were dubbed as the second BoA.

Koyote or Shinji once said that you needed to have a monopoly of a particular genre if you wanted to do well in the music industry (she was explaining why Koyote explored different styles of music). I guess BoA totally owns the title pop princess in Korea explaining the failures of all the BoA No.2's...

Just my two cents. No offence given or intended.

Oh yeah. I always wanted to ask... the song mun heutnal uh dee on BoA's first korean album... Is there a Japanese version of it because I swear I listened to that song in Japanese before I listened to the Korean version but I can't find it...

WHOO. Longest post ever in here. o_o

Guest xiao_yun87

i was wondering if anyone know what BoA was talking about during music station (april 6) before sweet impact performance...? can anyone tell me? thanks... and i can't seemed to find any subbed version of it (english or chinese).. or any subbed version for most of the shows BoA went on... if there are any sites that provides can you please tell me.. thanks =)

oha123 : i see... haha.. thanks for the translations =)

^she just talked about how she was discovered back then.(about her following her street dancer brother to the audition and passed it). The other 1 is about a 'meeting' between her and that 1 dude from SMAP. The guy said he wished her happy new year in korean during kohaku(very popular end of year program). But boa said it's not during Kohaku, it's during something else. So the 'host' apologized to the audience hu are currently watching because of the wrong information(Boa looked so cute when she bowed with the host for apology). Uh...dey din figure it out..but I think Boa is the 1 hu got the place wrong. The SMAP guy was right in the first place ( I think) That's y she was like 'AHH sorry' at the last part of the talk.

Guest vaan15

^ thank you for the tranlsations! she's so cute!

and the candid pictures, i soo luv them!!! i wonder who's taking them...

BoA x Junki?? never crossed my mind too. ^_^

and yeah, 'bout the 2nd BoA stuff ^_^ i think its a very effective 'Promotion' stunt. Hehehe....see, now we know who Meilin is!

Guest hikki88

hey guys.. im not sure if i posted here before.. but i read few pages and realised this thread is so updated!!

by d way, i luv d part where u guys talk about LJK and her..

that they both together nvr came accross ur minds.. kawaii!!

i always think fany looked so cute wif her *drools*

hmm well err... i don't even know any of those girls.. but is go ahra the one is talented with palying piano? or did i got them mix up.. ahh never mind...

ya just read bout the hyori being matchmaker...haah wonder if junki knows before the party that hyori is triyn to pair him up with boa....

btw have anyone seen any clips or news of boa mentioning that hyori is her best fren? so far i have never seen any yet.. wonder if she mention hyori as one of her best fren during the hallyu expo

Guest winG*

BoA didn't mention Hyori in the Hallyu Expo...she only mentioned people in SM (Lee YeonHee, Jaejoong, and Heechul). It's just generally known that they're good friends, and Hyori has mentioned that she's close to BoA in an interview before^^

The girl playing the piano is probably YounHa~ She got titled as the '2nd BoA' when she debuted in Japan...Go AhRa is an actress from SM^^

Guest hyeminnie

oh yeah... i remember reading somewhere that before Sunday (aka Bora) debut, BoA fans were outraged because her name was really close to BoA's, so Sunday went to japan.

speaking of the junki/BoA thing. i just can't imagine them together, ya know.

Archived